Rita Ora on album delay: 'Calvin Harris split was a realisation'

sugarplum892

Rita Ora on album delay: 'Calvin Harris split was a realisation'
Rita Ora has revealed that her split from Calvin Harris was behind her decision to delay the release of her new album.
The singer had been due to release her second studio album in late 2014, but her split from Harris made her re-evaluate what she wanted the record to represent.
Rita Ora arriving at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards

Speaking to Nylon, she said: "I had a break-up, or whatever, and it really made me realize what I was trying to do. I had been fixated on this love fantasy, but really it wasn't like that, and I had to take myself back. 
"For me, this was my moment where I had to be real and tell the truth and be honest. I love my pop songs, and I'm still gonna be pop, but this has just got a lot more depth to it."
She also explained that fans can expect a sexier album than her debut ORA as she has grown up in the last few years.
On the album, she said: "It's like, yeah, I grew up and I looked at my richard simmons, and it got a bit bigger and I'm sexier now. Might as well flaunt it! I feel more womanly.

Rita Ora and Calvin Harris leave Nobu, celebrity couple

"I wanted the album to be dark and sexy, but still approachable, because I'm not a dark person."
Ora collaborated with her former boyfriend on the album's lead single 'I Will Never Let You Down', which topped the UK Singles Chart last summer.
Following their split, Harris blocked Ora from performing the song at the Teen Choice Awards. He later defended his decision by saying that he had a good reason.
Watch the music video for 'I Will Never Let You Down' below:

Source

Archived