[Official] Lee Hongki and Fujii Mina (Global We Got Married Couple) Thread Part 2

lindas55

lindas55 said: I just want to give everyone an update on the Magazine / gift project.  
We are approaching the anniversary of the show, so our next edition coming out in February will be an anniversary edition that we will turn into a hard copy as a gift for Hongki and Mina and the pd of the show. If you would like to have your message included in the hard copy edition then please pm me with it. The deadline for messages is Friday 12 midnight EST.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iLOVEfleurdelis

@soosyok‌, thank you for posting! I hope we all come out and celebrate this occasion, a lot of people on list and some I dont see that contributes so much, I hope we can all join in as one big family and break dance, WOW, second thread, OMG,,,cheers everyone....

OMG! ITS BEEN AWHILE!! HAVENT VISITED OUR MAIN THREAD FOR QUITE A LONG TIME. How's everybody? There we're new and old people that i recognize from before. Kekeke is there anyone remembered me?? I have missed everyone alot. Thank u @elijoy12‌ for tagging me again.. and Congrats onour second home. I wish i could go back from theg ood old days again....hongmina my loves!!❤ #DDMforever

class="field field-name-field-sub-headline field-type-text field-label-hidden" style="margin: 0px 0px 28px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 28px; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(26, 26, 26); font-family: BrownStd-Regular, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Interview by Billboard class="title" id="page-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 35px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 42px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; background: transparent;"FTISLAND Rock Out, Preview Future Sound at Debut New York Concert class="field field-name-field-sub-headline field-type-text field-label-hidden" style="margin: 0px 0px 28px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 28px; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(26, 26, 26); font-family: BrownStd-Regular, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"

• ARTICLES
  • TOURING
  • K-TOWN
  • NEWS

By Jeff Benjamin | February 02, 2015 2:15 PM EST class="field field-name-field-sub-headline field-type-text field-label-hidden" style="margin: 0px 0px 28px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 28px; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(26, 26, 26); font-family: BrownStd-Regular, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);""I want to show a different side than what you see on TV or music shows," singer Hong Gi told the passionate East Coast crowd.

A blizzard earlier in the week put FTISLAND's debut New York City concert in jeopardy. While the weather was less fierce than predicted, the K-pop/rock band's passionate fans probably would have happily met the quintet at the airport if it came to that.

As a huddled crowd in the pit area awaited their arrival to the Best Buy Theater stage, FTISLAND opened their set with the sweeping rock ballad "Last Love Song," centered around lead singer Hong Gi belting into a handheld, vintage microphone. While a fun throwback, the mic may have had technical issues as his voice dropped out at different moments. But the problems appeared to fix themselves as the guys moved onto faster tracks.

Speaking for the band nearly the entire night, Hong Gi greeted the crowd after "Madly" telling them "Annyeonghaseyo" (Korean for "hello"), to which the crowd responded with an "Annyeonghaseyo" right back. When Hong Gi asked the crowd a question in Korean and it appeared that a huge chunk of attendees knew what he was saying. The almost-eight-year-old FTISLAND audience skewed older, likely indicating fans who have been immersing themselves in Korean pop culture for a significant amount of time. Noticeably, there was a row of adults hanging out at the back of the pit area shaking their glow sticks and singing along just as enthusiastically as those crammed in the pit.

Watch FTISLAND's Track-by-Track Review of Their 'All About' Album

Hong Gi switched to a regular mic to continue through the setlist as the lighting and backup LED screens enveloped the band with gorgeous, colorful designs, shapes and lines. Guitarist Seung Hyun, bassist Jae Jin and leader/guitarist/pianist Jong Hoon stood front stage alongside Hong Gi as Min Hwan kept beat on drums in back. It was tough to take one's eyes off the singer -- with his constant jumping around the stage and on its monitors -- but he appeared happy to let his members take the spotlight for instrumental solos.

"This is our first time coming to New York City," Hong Gi told the crowd via a translator. "Through this tour...I want to show a different side than what you see on TV or music shows."

With that, the quintet moved into the impressive, stripped-down part of their set that saw Seung Hyun and Jong Hoon using acoustic guitars and Min Hwan sitting on a Cajon drum. Not only a set highlight, it was a rare chance to hear the other FT talents shine through like Min Hwan and Jae Jin's beautiful harmonies during "Stay" and Jong Hoon's Spanish guitar skills on "I Wish."

ftisland_livenyc2_kpop2015_650-430.pngCourtesy of FNC Entertainment

The first indication of the true spell the band cast over the crowd came during the acoustic rendition of "Severely," when the fans started trading off lines with Hong Gi a cappella until they fell off beat -- much to the amusement of Jae Jin. During "Flower Rock" later, the singer somehow convinced the entire audience to collectively squat, jump and rock out together. He did that multiple times throughout the show, each subsequent one pulled off more impressively than the last.

"I had a lot of pressure coming to [the] United States," Hong Gi later told the crowd. "This is where so many famous pop stars are born, I wasn't sure if I should stand on a live stage here. I was really, really worried...what I want to tell you guys is that it's been about a year, year-and-a-half that I can do the music I actually want to. There are many happenings in Korea, but I'm really happy now. That's how I was able to perform here today...the music I want to show you guys is incorporated into this show."

After mentioning that a new FTISLAND album was coming in March or April, the band pushed through the rest of their with more confidence than before while embellishing their heavy, rock-pop with more high-pitched wailing, playful audience shout outs and dreamy stage lighting. Hong Gi & Co. had nothing to worry about, these fans looked like they were ready to support even if it hadn't been such a concise and technically impressive set.

Stay tuned to Billboard's K-Town column for an exclusive interview with FTISLAND on their debut NYC show, new album and more coming soon.

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Lee Hong Ki Wants FTISLAND To Be Viewed Differently Than Their TV ImageBY Adrienne Stanley  Jan 29, 2015 07:44 PM EST
On January 28, FTISLAND performed the first show from their 2015 FTISLAND Live In The U.S. tour at New York City’s Best Buy Theater. Enthusiastic fans braved freezing weather conditions to see the group in their first American performance since appearing with CNBLUE at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles in 2012.
The members of FTISLAND were energetic throughout the show. Lee Hong Ki served as the primary emcee of the performance and was assisted by an English translator. He acknowledged the commitment of the fans who were present at the concert through his introductory statement. He said, “This is our first time coming to New York City. It is really cold here. You guys have been waiting outside for a longtime.Thank you.”
Next, he focused on a topic which is relevant to many Korean acts who have not performed extensively in the United States. He paused to look at the crowd quizzically then said,”I don’t know how you guys came to learn about FTISLAND. I wanted to show you a different side of us from what you see in TV programs.”
FTISLAND debuted in 2007 with the album “Cheerful Sensibility.” However, many Korean drama fans recognize the group’s frontman for his on-screen appearances in shows that have included “You’re Beautiful,” “Bride of the Century,” and “Modern Farmer.” His role as Jeremy in the 2009 Hong Sister drama “You’re Beautiful” provided an introduction for many international fans who were previously unfamiliar with FTISLAND.
FTISLAND delivered an exhilerating show which incorporated their thrilling hard rock sound. The entire performance was highlighted by their live music. One of the best moments of the show was their acoustic set, where they traded in their thrashing electric guitars for a more organic sound. 
The group will follow their New York City performance with their final U.S. stop at Club Nokia L.A. Live on January 30. cr  Kdrama Stars

Hi @hannaj, I think I'm going to cry, dropped my IPad in a tab full of water and lost everything , all my pictures are gone, my children graduation pictures, my fan art, everything is gone...OMG, had so much on there...won't be able to make fun art or do anything for a while...like you I'm not cell phone savvy at all to post....

soosyok said:
@mrsrosan80 @dancy @lilyfeb @missauditor @greencross @Sarbox @Niken280678 @lunamaisara @twinkystar @CC @Jasmin Nulla @azzii @Lin @iLOVEfleurdelis @ngfang @wittydba @wakeofadreamer21 @yonghongs @ducan @uw_maulida @gabby24 @Ollydazrin Kamarudin @j4u2 @mercuria @silverjaded @leahbnavarro @leezsa @mintoo @shiela5237 @won-won @lilhanh @Chris-Pierce Smith @itsmeharhar @zzainal @additctedtokd @lykishkeane @jazzria @mgmagda @lighthouse
There more than this, please keep add up ladies

Preparing a surprise gift for Lee Hongki in FT Island Debut Concert in New York City is way better than clapping my hands when the Band played. It's a warm WELCOME!!I created a gift that represented the Daramji-dels Family. I felt it's more personal - I tried really hard on that gift. It's one of the hardest things to put together but WORTH IT. I thought it's the SWEETEST! :x tEHFTzT.png
Truly...It's a really sweet gesture of him, to give what we asked for____ he's sure to appreciate!

elijoy12 said: Hi @hannaj, I think I'm going to cry, dropped my IPad in a tab full of water and lost everything , all my pictures are gone, my children graduation pictures, my fan art, everything is gone...OMG, had so much on there...won't be able to make fun art or do anything for a while...like you I'm not cell phone savvy at all to post....

Guest wittydba

iLOVEfleurdelis said:

soosyok said:
@mrsrosan80 @dancy @lilyfeb @missauditor @greencross @Sarbox @Niken280678 @lunamaisara @twinkystar @CC @Jasmin Nulla @azzii @Lin @iLOVEfleurdelis @ngfang @wittydba @wakeofadreamer21 @yonghongs @ducan @uw_maulida @gabby24 @Ollydazrin Kamarudin @j4u2 @mercuria @silverjaded @leahbnavarro @leezsa @mintoo @shiela5237 @won-won @lilhanh @Chris-Pierce Smith @itsmeharhar @zzainal @additctedtokd @lykishkeane @jazzria @mgmagda @lighthouse

wittydba said: iLOVEfleurdelis said:

soosyok said:

Archived