[Drama 2015] ⚜ The Girl Who Can See Smells ۞ 냄새를 보는 소녀 ⚜

Maetawinz

The Drama's an empty shell because although NGM is doing fine the reality is that his serial character is up against the stupidest cops in the history of bipedal hominids. They are so spectacularly stupid and incompetent that I'm almost surprised the RoK police doesn't sue the Drama for defamation. Of course they have to be that clueless because if they weren't dumber than a bag of brain-damaged rocks, then PYC's character wouldn't get look good in contrast by virtue of being able to spell his own name, and the "mystery" would've been wrapped up by now, with seven episodes to go. This writer does s a GREAT job of writing a romantic OTP, but the mystery and police procedural parts of the Drama are just pure facepalm material. It was the same inb PYC's last action Drama, Three Days - the worst bunch of incompetents imaginable, that wouldn't be capable of protecting a ollipop, let alone the President. 

​It really would have been nice if the killer was revealed a bit later. Like I said before, the audience is left being very critical of the police because they cannot see what is obvious to everyone. If they keep going like this, it would seem like a grave injustice if Namgoong Min's character is caught by those idiots lol

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say it now - and I will start a bit different so you will not throw stones against me - if you like Hyun Bin sooo much. I like him too - really - and I was excited when I found out about his new Drama. Yes - I knew the Moment I heard that Ji Sung will be on Air on the same time - what I wanted to see first - but I had the plan to love both Shows - if both are great.

Sadly one became my big dissapointmend (and I tried to make it clear for the HB Fans - that this only based on the Spript).- and the other my best Drama ever. I did not see that before.

Why I write about this two Dramas here - because I really don´t like that so many here are talking about Sensory Couple will be like HJAM. The only point I can figure out is that in both Shows the Culprit was knows a bit earlier and we should see what the evil Mind was up to too. But that is all for me.

I have no Problem with knowing that the Chef is the Murder so soon. I love it like that - because it is not like all the other Dramas with crimeelements in it. I love to see Jae Hees Steps - I love to know that we can´t trust his smile - and still I´m not sure about him in anyway. Yes I know he is the Killer - but I don´t know why - what happend to him - is he really just the Psycho. It is not the first time that the Devil have kinda my Sympathy - he is just to good in beeing bad.

And we have a wonderful Balance here too - because the Way and the Pace they choose for our Couple - oh I love that!

Oh and for the Ratings - there are still so many Episodes left - for me it is not draggy at all - and I really hate to read her that someone called this Drama YCs what - Failure? What the - there are so many Articles I read how big the Attention is for this - not only in Korea. It is just like it happend before - I´m still sure that the Reason is more like - all the Elders love this Family Drama Stuff much more than Crime-Fantasy and Love. And we know that a few makes it complicated for SSK - but CH have his Fans and his Haters too. I will not pay too much Attention to them - I can see with my own Eyes that this Drama is Fun, intense and wonderful and all Actors are doing a great Job - extremly our Couple.

So that was my Meaning about it. I hope I will not change the Mood of anyone - I just had to say it at least once - sorry. I hope you understand me a little.

​It really would have been nice if the killer was revealed a bit later. Like I said before, the audience is left being very critical of the police because they cannot see what is obvious to everyone. If they keep going like this, it would seem like a grave injustice if Namgoong Min's character is caught by those idiots lol

In the old forum, someone suggested that it would've been good if this writer had teamed up with another, one who writes good thriller/action Dramas. That way their strengths would've complemented each other, because this writer really has done a good job with the romance, the comedy and the building of the OTP's characters

Guest izyanesa

@angeldemon617 i think ita good that the writter spoil who the evil from the start cause we can see chef kwon character development...and till ep 9 i can see how he character develop..so many secret but he also got many weakness..

yup its kinda bad to see chef kwon being capture by quite stupid cop..but then again i think theyre not stupid just a normal character...their character remind me of a people who study medic doest necesary liking being a doctor...

we being talk about rating and how the plot should not reveal the evil first..but i want to say that the meeting between YM and chef Kwon were realy good..the way they talk so calmly and try to see each other weakness are so good its like a chess player try to take down their openent..

and the part chef kwon look at mongak when he say that there will be no third time..wow i scream at my pc 'mongak.. chef will kill you at this moment..run..' 

And i think that why chef kwon make the situation..i think chef kwon game just begin now...right now its like chef say to police 'you will never catch me'

Gotta agreed..chef known as the culprit early is totally fine. Getting to know his evil side is more fun to watch. And seriously have anyone watched a kdrama movie where the cops are soooo smart they figure things out without looking stupid? I watched a lot of kmovie..drama...one of the most famous one is memoirs  of murders and boy was the culprit just right under their nose. So this is a comedy/thriller...relax. 

I don't care if they reveal the murderer fast. Actually this is where the excitement begins. It will be a Tom and Jerry scenario, catch the criminal. CMG and that girl detective probably still suspects the CHEF for sure. Chef Kwon is showing us how to use mind games, he is anticipating every move being made by the detectives which is pretty impressive, and with this kind of situation, it is the perfect timing for Cho-Rim to make use of her ability to help to catch that Chef Kwon, as only Cho-Rim, her adoptive father and CMG only knows about that secret. 

I also wonder with what is Chef Kwon motive to do bar code chain murders, to do that tremendous style of murders, he must have a scary past that he is still hiding. 

As of now, the person in danger now is, CMG, that girl detective and i think after ep 10 his adoptive father will also be in danger.

Gotta agreed..chef known as the culprit early is totally fine. Getting to know his evil side is more fun to watch. And seriously have anyone watched a kdrama movie where the cops are soooo smart they figure things out without looking stupid? I watched a lot of kmovie..drama...one of the most famous one is memoirs  of murders and boy was the culprit just right under their nose. So this is a comedy/thriller...relax. 

You are so right - I too - can only role my Eyes about a few things - like the Questionmark over her Picture - come on - or that MG trust the former Suspect so much now that he gave him his Phone without even checking after the visit what Chef Kwon have done. That would be a nice way to use the Killers Weapon against him. But I remind myself - this is not a ocn Drama - if that happen there - I would turn the table - to be honest. This is a RomCom - with crime elements - the best exampe in the last Episode are the two Poilice Officers who nearly blow the investigation. But the action of the Police in here is meant to be funny again and again. Like we saw it before. Even I wished them to be a bit smarter - from time to time - I can deal with it.

Guest izyanesa

@pangia youre right..this is comedy/thriller genre and till now the plot werw balance between it...i can say that with this drama we can see that development of kdrama..as a person who watch to many drama...drama like KMHM and TGWCSS are made the industry of drama into another level..suit with the young people who love fresh idea but still got clasis feeling of watching korea drama that make people love it..

this drama will be one of drama that deserve to get a lot of reward for their performance..from cg, picture and script just show how hard all of the crew and actor actress work..Fighting..

and for heaven sake its only yeaterday they got low rating that only happen due some event i believe cause we can see few drama had droped rating as well..so TGWCSS will be fine..they got briliant writter and actor/actress

I don't understand why everyone is arguing about revealing the serial murderer so soon. For me, this is not a problem. Why? Because finding the serial murderer is not the only reason to anticipate for the upcoming episodes. Aside from the OTP of the lead characters, I guess the main point here is, how the serial murder started and who is the first victim. Why Chef is killing those victims? What is the real reason behind those crimes? And what will happen if one of the lead character, either CR or MG will be locked in that white room inside Chef's Library? Will they write  book too? Or will Chef tell the whole story why he is doing all of it? Let's figure the bright side of it, revealing the character means opening more questions and conflicts in the future episodes to make it more interesting and make us viewers seat at the end of our seats...

Guest banana1992

I personally also disagree if some people are so quick in calling this drama  a failure like HJM (no offence), because despite some plot hole you guys found and not-so-smart police officers,   i haven't found ANY articles and/or comments in naver or nate that criticize this drama really hard, like HJM had. So far all i see are positive articles about the drama and cast (mostly NGM's acting), and positive articles abouy the good chemistry between the two lead. Majority of the comments are also good and. It's still not to the level of failure, imo. 

Guest izyanesa

Thanks everyone..now i feel the positive aura back..lots of you start to make postive comment...yea..let keep on with positive vibe and its will make a good luck charm to the drama..fighting everyone..fighting TGWCSS

Just Like you should not judge a book by it' s cover you should not judge a drama by it' s rating. I don' t mind it that they revealed the killer so soon......right now he is playing cat and mouse game with the cops and it's quite entertaining....I just wish that the cop would not behave stupid sometime :D

I don't understand why everyone is arguing about revealing the serial murderer so soon. For me, this is not a problem. Why? Because finding the serial murderer is not the only reason to anticipate for the upcoming episodes. Aside from the OTP of the lead characters, I guess the main point here is, how the serial murder started and who is the first victim. Why Chef is killing those victims? What is the real reason behind those crimes? And what will happen if one of the lead character, either CR or MG will be locked in that white room inside Chef's Library? Will they write  book too? Or will Chef tell the whole story why he is doing all of it? Let's figure the bright side of it, revealing the character means opening more questions and conflicts in the future episodes to make it more interesting and make us viewers seat at the end of our seats...

​I don't think anyone is arguing here. Those people who are not happy about the early reveal, me included, are just expressing their opinion about the drama. This is understandable because we are all interested in its progress. It's nothing to be offended or be upset about.

Everyone sees what he wants to see )))
I was so impressed our OTP that didn't even see the battle about plot.

Read back all this begins to resemble disputes about KmHm & HJM. What for? Let's not offend team HJM and its viewers. 

When I am watching any show or drama, as much as possible, I don't pay attention to any viewers opinion especially if it is still ongoing.  Why???  It just ruins my mood, sometimes.  :D

I don't judge the drama until it's done.  If I enjoy the show, THE acting and liked the performers (actors/actress), I will certainly finish it.  And if I learn some good lesson from it, then it's worth my time.  The romance portion for me, is just an added bonus.

I agree that commonly, the problem with some drama is the script.  Sometimes it's the lack of chemistry between actors and poor directions from the director.  But I am the type of viewer who watch certain show not only to be entertained but to learn something from it about life.  I believe that we can still FIND GOLD EVEN IN GARBAGE.  Although, each drama is only based on human imagination, still a lot of us can relate to it since some of us perhaps are in the same situation. 

Example:  Many may not like NGM character for being a serial killer and I definitely do not commend his action but what I am interested to find out is the very reason why he is doing such horrible crimes.  How hurt and abused he was in his childhood that caused him to kill people mercilessly.  Normally, what people can see is the bad deeds but never bothered to know the REASON behind those actions.  In HJM, everybody was bored about the TJ kidnapping but I love how it was resolved that brought inner healing for both TJ and Soejin.  It is not enough that the crimes is punished, coz what is important is the spiritual healing on individual character.  I mean, how the situation change their intellect, emotion, and outlook in life which is much more important for them to move on in life.  Almost all of us have our share of painful past and experiences, the only difference is the choice we make in handling those past.  We can choose to be bitter and treat other people the same way that we've been treated or choose what is right believing that God has a reason why he allowed things to happen which I am sure is nothing but to equip and strengthen us as a person. 

Rating doesn't tell everything about the drama as well.  Nowadays, large percentage of viewers are using the internet, including myself so it most likely that TV viewers are divided depending the show that caught their interest. 

​I don't think anyone is arguing here. Those people who are not happy about the early reveal, me included, are just expressing their opinion about the drama. This is understandable because we are all interested in its progress. It's nothing to be offended or be upset about.

​Sorry about my word, it should be complain... i don't mean to offend you too. We have all different opinions, I know that. It just that I don't really understand why they are so many here complaining about it and how they compare to those dramas mentions. 

in the preview, it seems that the writer wants us to assume that CR will regain her memories back because of the truck incident.

But I think it is not yet time for the final revelation. For Chef, it is still early for him to know that CR is the living witness. 

Is it safe to guess that CHef will have a hard time deciding on killing CR or not? Because I can see that he has something for CR...

Wow, the back hug! Pali, I want to watch it now! hehehe

Archived