[Variety 2015] Three Meals A Day - Fishing Village 삼시세끼-어촌편 (tvN)

Such a waste not to see JGS in it when they already held a Presscon and all plus I'm pretty sure they finished filming 4-5 episodes already with him. I don't understand the need to have him edited out when it would actually affect the whole episode it's not as if the people doesn't know he's there.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 17, 2015
‘3 Meals’ spinoff postponed
By Sung So-young INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

A spinoff of popular reality show “Three Meals a Day” has been delayed from being televised because of a tax evasion scandal surrounding one of its presenters. 
The first episode of “Fishing Village” was to air on Friday night, but the production team sent out a press release Friday morning that said it has decided to postpone the show in order to edit out the parts Korean Wave actor Jang Keun-suk appears in. 
Jang is one of the three hosts for the show set in a small fishing village. 
“We asked Jang’s agency whether he evaded taxes and he confirmed that he did not do it intentionally,” the agency said. 
“Since he has already paid all the omitted taxes, there seemed to be no problem having him in future episodes. But news reports [about Jang’s alleged tax evasion] keep coming out and we are well aware that many viewers are concerned about having him in the show.”
The agency added it came to the conclusion that now is not the right time to feature Jang after discussing the matter with the star and his agency.
Local news outlets reported on Wednesday that Jang has recently paid off 10 billion won ($924,000) in taxes he allegedly evaded.
Tree J Company, Jang’s agency, released a statement on the same day refuting the reports.
“It is true that Jang was investigated [by the National Tax Service],” said his agency. “But he didn’t pay additional taxes at all.”
The agency later corrected itself and said the tax problem “is not a fault of Jang but a mistake made by his agency, and all the omitted taxes have been paid.” 
The first episode of the spinoff will hit screens on Jan. 23, a week from now. 
The production team has no plans to substitute Jang with someone else. 
“Fishing Village” is highly anticipated among people who have watched the original. “Three Meals a Day” became a huge hit as it candidly showed celebrities struggling to feed themselves in the wild. 

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 23px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Son Ho Joon’s Guest Appearance to Fill Gap Created by Jang Geun Suk’s Departure on “Three Meals a Day”fitzdarcy January 16, 2015Son Ho Joon’s Guest Appearance to Fill Gap Created by Jang Geun Suk’s Departure on “Three Meals a Day”This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Actor Son Ho Joon will be making a guest appearance on two upcoming episodes of variety show “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village.” According to tvN, Son Ho Joon filmed as a surprise guest with fixed cast members Cha Seung WonYoo Hae Jin, and Jang Geun Suk. They filmed the show at a remote fishing village in early January.

Son Ho Joon made a memorable guest appearance in the first iteration of the show, “Three Meals a Day,” filling in for absent cast member Taecyeon. In his appearance on the first show, he showed good chemistry with cast member Lee Seo Jin, as well as with other guests Choi Ji WooLee Soon Jae, and Kim Young Chul. Viewers liked his ‘’hard-working youngster with good manners” character.

Son Ho Joon also worked the PDs of the “Three Meals” shows, Na Young Sukand Shin Hyo Jung, on “Youth Over Flowers – Laos.”

While he was invited to the show as a guest, Son Ho Joon is expected to get a lot of broadcast time to fill the gap created by Jang Geun Suk’s sudden departure from the show. Jang Geun Suk decided to leave the show as viewers may be uncomfortable about his ongoing tax evasion scandal, and because of this, the show will edit him out from future broadcasts, even if he participated in filming.

Jang Geun Suk’s departure also caused a delay to the premiere of the show. “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village” will air its first episode on January 23, instead of January 16

Source (1)

Son Ho Joon To Join tvN ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’

x1fkwvs893moxg4q7mg9nyv6hzo1j4h8.jpeg
[by Woorim Ahn] Actor Son Ho Joon joined tvN ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’ as the fixed cast. The staff of the program said, “Son Ho Joon went to Manjae Island on January 18.”

‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’ is a spin-off variety program of ‘Three Meals A Day’ and the show will depict three celebrities get ingredients by themselves to make their own meals. As actor Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin joined previously, the mass public anticipates the program.

In particular, Son Ho Joon’s photo was taken when he was on his way to Manjae Island with Yoo Hae Jin. He looked at somewhere and seemed spaced out in the picture, so it aroused the fans’ expectations. 

The staff of the program said, “He appeared in ‘Youth Over Flowers’ and ‘Three Meals A Day’ and made the audience laugh. He already showed up in ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’ as a guest and he did his tasks well with Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin.”

Meanwhile, the first episode of ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’ will air on January 23. (photo by tvN)

more news update on Sohn Ho Jun becoming a regular in three Meals a day

• Soompi - Sohn Ho-joon replaces Jang Geun-seok on Three Meals a Day
  • Kpop Fighting - Son Ho Joon confirmed as regular member of ‘Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village’
  • Dramabeans - Sohn Ho-joon replaces Jang Geun-seok on Three Meals a Day 
  • Mwave - Son Ho Jun to Take Jang Keun Suk′s Spot on ′Three Meals′ as Fixed Cast

Anyone subbing this?  Any chance that Soompi TV (or Viki) will pick up the license for the Three Meals a Day series including this one or the Grandpas/Noonas/Youth Over Flower series?  Or am I am barking up the proverbial wrong tree?

Hmm a pretty plain beginning for the fishing village with all that heavy editing. I wouldn't know JGS was one of the casts if I didn't know it already. He's basically non-existant, except for a few tiny back-of-his-head shots (which you could only tell by watching the previews). The episode was just showing 2 ahjusshi going on an island trip, pretty plain compared to the other 3 meals version. They pretty much just doing what they're asked, not much bickering and hopeless moment (I'm guessing all of those are on the edited out parts). It's just a bit plain for me, but considering all the editing they had to do it's still a nice episode (although without the editing it could've been a great one).
Well, I hope SHJ will bring more laughter in the episodes to come. Looking forward to the trip when JGS is not participating anymore to see the real unedited episode, coz the episode just seems incomplete with him being edited out.

Guest turtle_tats

I watched RAW episode 1 and it is not fun watching 2 grown men who knows what they are doing. I wish they casted Gangnam guys who know nothing about fishing, cooking, surviving in a fishing village. But im looking forward to episode 2 because they have a new companion the reply 1994 guy... he is quite good looking.  ;) it must be fun to boss him around with the 2 sunbae.

Okay, here are my thoughts on the first episode. Firstly, I never thought I'd ever get bored with anything with Cha Seungwon in it but I did. I lasted for 50 minutes only because I really wanted to be fair about giving a review but nothing too exciting nor too funny was happening. Also, my thoughts kept going back to JGS and his edited out appearance and how I believe episode 1 could have had more interesting moments with their interaction. That said, I really feel it was not a wise decision on the part of the PDs to pretend he was never part of the cast and hope that people don't notice. Was the backlash on JGS so bad that they felt no one would watch the show if they kept him in the editing? It happened in the past! Reminds me of what happened to Park Bom in Roommate.
Now for the good news. While I paused the episode at 50 minutes, I did forward it to the end where they show the next episode's preview. I don't know how many episodes JGS ended up filming but I'm glad they are fast forwarding next episode to Son Hojun's appearance. I love it that his arrival at Manjaedo feels very similar to his arrival at Jeongseon. Having a maknae to boss around gives a totally different dynamic to the household. I am hopeful for the next episode.
On another note, I have to say that I really enjoy this one sided love between NaPD and Lee Seojin and that I believe that Lee Seojin is his one and true permanent target. He gives him just enough time to recover for the next blow with these in-between shows (Noonas Over Flowers, Three Meals a Day Fishing) but in the end they find themselves in each other's arms. 

January 23, 2015
'Three Meals a Day - Fishing Village' Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin say "Let's have two meals only"
Source: OSEN via Hancinema,net
201501232300773896_54c25597aacaf.jpg
Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin wished that 'Three Meals a Day' had been 'Two Meals a Day'.
On the January 23rd show of tvN 'Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village', Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin were exhausted after they had to prepare meals and clean up after meals continuously in the isolated island, Manjaei-do.
The two complained about their difficulties on the island while they were sharing beer and some eatables that producer Na brought for them.
The two actors discussed why it had been so difficult for them. The two became very happy with their own brilliant conclusion that they were going to have two meals only not three meals from now on.
Cha Seung-won said, "I originally have two meals only", and Yoo Hae-jin said, "You really don't have to comply with the title of this show". That said, the production team added humorous caption saying, "Then it's 'Two Meals a Day', not 'Three Meals a Day'".

when casting for this started I was a little curious cause I wanted to see what the dynamic would be with the cast and Na PD/crew. Would it be like other variety show where the crews/PDs are just taking a backseat or would it be like your usual Na PD spice. I had hoped for the latter. I can honestly say that this show I am watching/following for Na PD.I like CSW though I am not that big of a fan, and with JGS I loved him before but over the past few years his choices in drama had my love for him dimmer, and I don't really know the last member. So the dropping of JGS didn't really make any difference in my choice to watch this cause I was mainly watching this for Na PD (though it would be great to get a visit by Lee Seo Jin). but when Son Ho Jun was confirmed to be a fixed member I was so happy... I love him ever since Answer me 1994!!! so so happy he is getting in to the to go list of Na PD. Though I feel like Na PD just wants him to suffer. heheheheAnyway episode 1 has aired but I still haven't seen it.. reading from you guys comments I feel a little disappointed.. is it really that boring? I mean the original 3 Meals was even a boring concept but somehow it worked..? right? I mean if you watch it, it feels like your boring show where 2 guys cook.. but somehow it was entertaining..? right? so what is the main difference from the original to this one? Why is this one 'boring'?causer I checked in naver and it says that first episode rating was good!!! so maybe the raw is boring cause we don't know what they are saying?I don't usually watch raws for variety shows so I am hoping for some group to sub this much like how Taecyeon fans did in the original. anyone know if there is a group doing a sub for this? or even just a recap?

Three Meals A Day - Fishing Village start at 9.8%
credit kgmaeil.net1422170961-81.jpg
Episode - 9.8%Peak - 11.9% 

other articlesAwesome Ratings at 9% of Three Meals
credit Hankook ilboThree Meals A Day - Fishing Village proves ability of PD Na YoungSeok with 9.8% rating for first episode
credit Sports Seoul

Odds and Ends: Fishing for realityby javabeans | January 25, 2015 | 39 Comments

samsi_fishing1-00093a.jpg

girlfriday: So how about that premiere of Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village?

javabeans: It’s crazy that it hit nearly 10% ratings in the first episode. That’s NUTS.

girlfriday: Yeah it’s kind of crazy, but that series is one of the most successful shows on tvN (I mean, starting with the original on the farm). But the thing that surprised me the most was that Jang Geun-seok was cut out of it so completely.

javabeans: I expected them to cut around him as much as possible, like on a variety show when an actor gets in a drunk driving accident or something — where you can’t re-shoot but you want to show him as little as possible, and they just become this figure you see in the background. But in this case, they went a step further.

girlfriday: Yeah the normal practice is to reduce the footage to a minimum, knowing that everyone knows why so-and-so isn’t in 90% of the show. But in this case, Na PD actually managed to cut completely around Jang Geun-seok, so that if you never read any entertainment news and just turned on the show, you’d think that Cha Seung-won andYoo Hae-jin were the only two cast members to go to the island.

javabeans: I was looking for a glimpse of him and could only make out brief flashes of a hand, or the back of his head. On one hand, that’s impressive editing. I knew Na PD was good, but that is like god-level good.

girlfriday: Yes, it’s totally creepy, actually.

read full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/01/odds-and-ends-fishing-for-reality/

Archived