[Mainland Chinese Drama 2014-2015] The Empress of China 武媚娘传奇

sugarplum892

Guest Gongju968

class="postheadline" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 32px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Verdana; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“The Empress of China” Censors Cleavage After Re-broadcast class="postheadline" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 32px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Verdana; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Fan Bingbing’s (范冰冰) new drama The Empress of China <武媚娘傳奇> was halted in its broadcast last week. Although Hunan TV claimed it was due to technical difficulties, many speculated that it was due to the excess amount of cleavage that was shown in the series. After re-editing, The Empress of China resumed broadcast on January 1, 2015. Viewers noticed that the screen zoomed in on close-ups of the actresses’ faces and cleavage shots were largely absent since its rebroadcast.

While some viewers were thrilled after the series resumed its broadcast, some netizens were displeased with the amount of editing that was done. Prior to editing, the female cast wore eye-catching Tang costumes with plunging necklines. Since the rebroadcast, wide shots and close-ups were heavily employed to minimize the amount of cleavage. Some netizens commented, “They’ve turned into big-headed dolls!”

However, despite the re-edits to please The State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT), the viewership ratings of The Empress of China remains at an all-time high, proving that Fan Bingbing’s presence on the small screen still trumps all.

TVB has also acquired the broadcasting rights for The Empress of China from air. TVB executive Tsang Sing Ming (曾醒明) stated that the drama will be repackaged for appropriate editing and voice dubbing.

Source

THE EMPRESS OF CHINA (武媚娘传奇)

https://31.media.tumblr.com/5ee2248ff0d34c5e0ceb58c7cc20ab42/tumblr_n7gecb37C11tb7aqpo3_r1_1280.jpg

Title: 武媚娘传奇 / Wǔmèiniáng chuánqí
English title: The Empress of China
Genre: Ancient, Historical, Politics
Director: Gao Yi JunScreenwriter: Pan ParkBroadcast Network: Hunan TelevisionProduction Companies: Fan Bing Bing Studio | China Film Group Corporation | Zhejiang Talent 
Episodes: 96Broadcast Period: December 21, 2014 - February 3, 2015
Cast:Fan Bingbing as Wu MeiniangZhang Fengyi as Li ShiminAarif Rahman as Li ZhiJanine Chang as Xu HuiLi Chen as Li MuChang Ting as Consort WeiWu Xiubo as Zhang JianzhiViann Zhang as Consort XiaoKathy Chow as Consort YangWang Huichun as Zhangsun WujiLee Lee-jen as Li ChengqianLi Jie as Li KeYu Haoming as Li ChunfengYu Ailei as Li YifuZhang Dinghan as Empress ZhangsunZhang Tong as Consort YinShi Shi as Empress WangLi Guangfu as Wei ZhengShen Baoping as Wang DeRen Shan as Li TaiMi Lu as Princess GaoyangZhu Xiaohui as Fang Yi'aiSun Ning as Li ShijiTu Liman as Liu SiyaoSun Jiaqi as Xiao QiangNie Mei as Consort LiuHe Xin as ChengxinLi Yuexi as Su MeiQin Qidong as BianjiXu Jie as Di RenjieShota Matsushima as Awata no Mahito
Raw Trailers:
http://youtu.be/9CRuvX9-Hoo

OSTs:
Sun Nan - Qiānqiū

Jane Zhang - Wordless Epitaph 无字碑

Jane Zhang - Dare

News & Information:
Fan Bing Bing Returns to Television as "The Empress of China"
Fan Bing Bing Has 260 Outfits as "The Empress of China"
TVB buys broadcasting rights of "The Empress of China"
Fan Bingbing sings praises for "The Empress of China"
"The Empress of China" breaks record to become drama with highest rated premiere
"The Empress of China" stopped due to technical difficulties
"The Empress of China" Too Much Cleavage?
“The Empress of China” Censors Cleavage After Re-broadcast

Credits: SpecnetTV, jaynestars

Additional Links:
The Empress of China 武媚娘传奇 Raw EpisodesThe Empress of China 武媚娘传奇 Raw Uncut YouTube EpisodesThe Empress of China 武媚娘传奇 Official Weibo Page

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCTDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama characters/plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

@akira and meanychan .... yeah i agree with you with costume.. and i had read in the  about the censor part is some article but that time it is a rumor.. it is just somehow a waste 'cause i know that Fan Bingbing likes to show the glamorous look of that era.. she already spent too much effort, time and money for the show.. i don't think it is just for a show but to emphasize her love for acting and filmography...
critics are still critics... hahhaha... trying to balance everything out.. 

Kathy Chow accidentally revealed her career line while making funny faces?

news2.jpg
Kathy Chow (周海媚) filmed the Mainland China series, The Empress of China (武媚娘傳奇) and acted as Consort Yang (楊淑妃). Her image was gentle but in reality, Kathy Chow loves to be mischievous. She wore the ancient costumes and accidentally revealed her career line while making funny faces. The netizens praised Kathy Chow when they saw her photo.

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: dramafan
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/

Kathy Chow treats her two beloved dogs as her family

news10.jpg
news11.jpg
Recently, female star, Kathy Chow (周海媚), filmed the Mainland China series, The Empress of China (武媚娘傳奇), and this increased her popularity. She acted as an arrogant and cold person but in reality, she was very caring to her pets and showed photos of herself with her beloved dogs several times. In the photo, the dogs went round in circles to surround her while Kathy was eating. It was very cute and Kathy said: "It have been with since their birth. It has been 3 years and we resemble a family, and accompany each other." Kathy's caring character also won compliments from the netizens.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Photoshopped Image Turns “Running Man” Members into Chinese QueensPhotoshopped Image Turns “Running Man” Members into Chinese Queens

A hilarious photo featuring a unique combination of both the “Running Man” cast and Chinese drama “The Empress of China’s” Fan Bingbing has caught the attention of netizens everywhere.
The above image was uploaded on Ji Suk Jin’s Weibo page on January 10, and shows Running Man members Yoo Jae Suk, HaHa, Gary, Kim Jong Kook, Song Ji Hyo, Lee Kwang Su, and Ji Suk Jin’s faces combined with the body of Fan Bingbing’s Wu Meinian character. Of course, the Running Man members’ individual personalities shine through in each photo, and each shows off their own unique charms.
Meanwhile, “Running Man’s” cast (excluding HaHa and Gary) will be traveling to Taiwan’s National Taiwan University for a fan meeting on January 17. Running Man continues to be extremely popular in China, and the recently released domestic version of the show got very high ratings for its first season.
Source

Kathy Chow wants to fix her teeth but no time

news6.jpg
news7.jpg
Artiste, Kathy Chow (周海媚), was one of the female leads in the series, The Empress of China (武媚娘傳奇), and the series was broadcasting in Mainland China currently. During an interview earlier, she disclosed she had zero rest while filming the series for 4 months and this broke her record. Kathy acted as a concubine and the heavy head accessories caused her to have difficulty in walking.

When asked if she planned to do anything in the past, Kathy said: "I want to fix my teeth but no time!" The netizens praised that she was very humorous and frank upon seeing it.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

• 1 month later...
Guest riyusuki98_at_gmail.com_stv

Any of you guys know if subbing is on process now? I really wanna watch this show so badly!!!

Anyways, this might help you translators tho it's just Ep 1-20 :(
http://dramanice.net/empress-of-china/watch-empress-of-china-episode-1-online

• 4 weeks later...

Meany-chan said: I heard they are airing this on TVB. Does it mean that it's available in Cantonese? I can understand Cantonese instead of Mandarin. And where can I watch it if there's a Cantonese version?
yes, it will be dubbed in cantonese.  I am not sure where to watch it if you don't have the TVB channel :/

Meany-chan said:
sugarplum892 said: Meany-chan said: I heard they are airing this on TVB. Does it mean that it's available in Cantonese? I can understand Cantonese instead of Mandarin. And where can I watch it if there's a Cantonese version?
yes, it will be dubbed in cantonese.  I am not sure where to watch it if you don't have the TVB channel :/ Thanks for the answer! It's either wait for the Cantonese version or wait for somebody to add Eng subs to the Mandarin version.

I read somewhere that the tvb version one will be edited so itll be shorter than the original

I guess I will attempt to watch the drama in its original Mandarin then. I did some research and it turns out that the women of the high class were allowed to show cleavages during the Tang Dynasty, meaning that the drama is at least historically accurate in that aspect.