✧ BinKyo | H2 ✧ Hyun Bin ♥ Song Hye Kyo ✧

Grasya0000_

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2020 at 1:13 AM, hqy said:

Idk if it's just a mere coincidence or intentionally implied by the director (double roles as screenwriter as well) as he has been world-widely known by his advance in direction and his deeply implied movie details (his name himself is called a "movie genre"). No doubt if he is the first Korean Academy Award-winning director.

God-willingly, if she eventually works with director Bong, I'm much sure if her movie will hit the box-office.

In Parasite, Mr. Park’s company is called Another Brick.” This is a reference to Pink Floyd. They were Bong Joon Ho’s (the director of the film) favorite band in college.

so it does looks like the Director indeed hides subtle details in his films - just came across this article (see link below) - so may be his favorite actress is SHK :)

--

https://brightside.me/wonder-films/12-subtle-details-directors-carefully-hid-in-their-films-799908/?utm_source=tsp_pages&utm_medium=fb_organic&utm_campaign=fb_gr_7_second_riddles&fbclid=IwAR3BJvYdDjx5tO_hL9wbgEXyFEwP1gPwMoqo04g-c7RxFIMCc7kPrThLX70 

d657d35db8acd1598d4c8c1b80.jpg

8673dc5d8cb5b1b121fecb1153.jpg

Hi all,

I tried logging in several times but I could not remember my PW, thankfully I had the time to reset it today.

Good luck Hyun Bin may you win Daesang in APAN. Former APAN Daesang winner Hye Kyo will be so happy ;) 

Just a piece of advice to fans out there not to waste money giving flowers for those who are not in Seoul nowadays. Agency staff have their houses full already. 

Ciao! 

:partyblob:

THIS IS NOT THE NEW CRUMB THEY WERE TALKING ABOVE but nonetheless, I will share a crumb from two weeks ago :eatscookie:

During Kyo's birthday at midnight, Binnie squad who also knew Kyo well, posted a song OST of a Japanese movie and a couple kissing. 

What's coincidental about that 2 IG stories was that the song has the same title as World's Within OST and when that OST played in Ep 16, all kissing scenes were shown on flashback. ;)

THE PARALLELS AND POSTED JUST AS SOON AS THE CLOCK CHANGED TO NOVEMBER 22! :tounge_wink:

10 minutes ago, Phoenix26 said:

THIS IS NOT THE NEW CRUMB THEY WERE TALKING ABOVE but nonetheless, I will share a crumb from two weeks ago 

During Kyo's birthday at midnight, Binnie squad who also knew Kyo well, posted a song OST of a Japanese movie and a couple kissing. 

What's coincidental about that 2 IG stories was that the song has the same title as World's Within OST and when that OST played in Ep 16, all kissing scenes were shown on flashback. ;)

THE PARALLELS AND POSTED JUST AS SOON AS THE CLOCK CHANGED TO NOVEMBER 22! :tounge_wink:

sample pic:tounge_wink::smooches3:

Kyo

My favorite WW OST Lalala Lovesong

What a coincidence it's the same song title as the one she posted on Kyo's birthday and she deleted after a short bit, though re uploaded a few hours later. 

When we talk of real crumbs, its not the obvious ones, she could have posted WW or dramas of Kyo but she didn’t. ;)

:cries3:

3 hours ago, Phoenix26 said:

Thanks for this info - I noticed that it was posted at midnight and it was deleted and re uploaded again, but was wondering what the connection could be.. Thanks..

I've noticed that SHK's name on her last drama was Cha Soo Hyun and HB's name was Ri Jung Hyuk. 

Encounter's ML was Kim Jin Hyuk. HB's ex girlfriend on WW was Lee Yeon Hee and her real name was Cha Soo Hyeon.  

Soo Hyun (Soo Hyeon)

Jung Hyuk (Jin Hyuk)

Coincedence or Fate? :Pandabulous:

3 hours ago, Em Cookie said:

I've noticed that SHK's name on her last drama was Cha Soo Hyun and HB's name was Ri Jung Hyuk. 

Encounter's ML was Kim Jin Hyuk. HB's ex girlfriend on WW was Lee Yeon Hee and her real name was Cha Soo Hyeon.  

Soo Hyun (Soo Hyeon)

Jung Hyuk (Jin Hyuk)

Coincedence or Fate? :Pandabulous:

and her ex-bf name in WW is Jun-ki :isannoyed:

I'd say a twist of fate :innocent:

@mskyo_19 has DMed me to ask me to post a translation of Binnie’s Ceci ‘Ask Hyun Bin and Hyun Bin Answers’ Interview that he did in 2009.

This CeCi interview was done after he had a 19-month long working period of working on 3 projects -  TV Drama ‘World Within Us’ in 2008, followed by TV Drama ‘Friends Our Legend’ in 2009 and Movie ‘I am Happy’. The interviewer quoted lines from his characters or the female lead characters in these projects (as well as his earlier projects) and posed him questions based on these quotes. It is a very meaningful interview which gives us good insights into his views about acting and his profession. The interview also gives us a glimpse of how and what he thinks about certain things concerning love, marriage, family etc. 

The interview is split into two parts. The first part is about his views on acting, life’s experience, etc. I have not done a translation of the first part and I don’t intend to because it is tedious to do a proper translation as I need to ensure that I have picked the right words etc. 

However I will give you the gist of some interesting things he has said in the first part.

He has been described as extremely handsome and when asked, he said he thinks he is very plain looking. He said he is surrounded by many friends who are much more handsome than him; he said men like Jang Dong Geon, Jo Jin Mo and Han Jae Suk (this is Park Solmi’s husband in case you don’t already know) are much more handsome than him.

He talked about coming from a background with no lack and wondered if that would somehow limit his ability to be expansive in his acting but expressed that it is precisely because of this that he wants to take on different, difficult characters with difficult life experiences. He said he has never worked before his debut and when he revealed that truth earlier in his career, he received a backlash and laughed, saying that in itself became a difficult experience.

(In case you don’t already know, he comes from an illustrious family background with brother and many cousins who are graduates of Seoul National University and who are in the legal profession.)

He talked about his two year struggles with his parents before he could start his acting journey. His father even once ran to his school to take him out of his drama class. He said in a sense, that’s his difficult life experience without any parental support that he had been through to be where he was at the time of the interview. 

He talked about the reason why he wanted to have a university degree and why he had worked so hard for it amidst a disruption (I think his debut movie which was filmed during his Uni days was aborted half way and was never screened if I am not wrong). He said it’s because he wants his children to be able to insert “university qualifications” under their father’s status (in SK, school application forms, job application forms etc require information on parents’ educational qualifications.  It was like this at time of interview. Am not sure if it’s still like this now.)

I will now share the second part of that Ceci interview that I had already done a translation of.

Here goes. 

————————————————

#JiOh “That’s what I don’t like about you. I’d say this, you and I are dating. Why do we have to hide this from the people in our company?” – (World Within Us, Episode 9)

Q: Until now, as soon as you have a girlfriend, not only through your agency but you yourself would announce it to the media. It seems like you do not have the habit of hiding such information from the public.

A: It is not that I want to reveal. It is also not that I do not want to reveal. By coincidence, it just happened to be revealed. And then things take off on its own. Now I have become an active contributor to scandals. Anyhow, this is unavoidable. So, I’d like to think that it is not such a bad thing for it to become people’s casual talk/gossip topic. However, I do not want this to be the basis that dictates my emotions. Koreans‘ reception to such things is different from foreigners’; Koreans are concerned about matters like, “This is my man”; “This is my oppa”. To be honest, I really dislike releasing any news about my girlfriend’s and my family members’ private life and matters. This is because, my fans do not become my fans after seeing me in my private life. And if because my girlfriend is like this, my family members are like that, I am like this or that in real person, if all of these are revealed, then in the future, what is left for me to show to all?   

(Me: Referring to the fact that people will see it as acting and start to dissociate from his drama characters. In the earlier part of the Interview, he talked about how after each project, people would call him by his drama character’s name, so he has become Gook (Ireland), Sam-shik (Kim Sam Soon), Ji-Oh, Dong-su to them.). If I am no longer acting, then I would not mind for all of these to be revealed. Because this is not the case, my life is still a precious material that can be revealed through acting, that’s why I guard my privacy very jealously.

#JiOh “What? I? Why do you assume that I am thinking of marriage and am crazy about getting married? You can ask around and ask any man. Which fool wants to get married?” (World Within Us Ep 7)

Q: While this is also the case for everybody, but even more so for an actor, marriage really isn’t an easy decision at all. Do you have any longing to get married or any phobia against marriage?

A: Indeed I hope and dream of marriage and having a family of my own. First of all, even though I have a certain degree of wealth, I want to be able to see my family walking around freely and living an ordinary, simple life. And no matter where my wife goes, I want to be able to be with her or see her without constraints. (Laughs). And I hope to be able to do away with the conventional parent-child barrier that results in a lot of parent-child misunderstanding and arguments. I want to have a happy and harmonious relationship with my children like that between friends. If I have a son, then, unarguably, let me be the one to teach my son. My father is very strict, so I do entertain happy wishful thoughts that I will not be like that. When I crave or long for marriage, these thoughts come in useful. (laughs). If my son wants to smoke, I will let him smoke in front of me. If he wants to exercise, I will coach him in physical activities. If he has a girlfriend, then I will let him bring her home. I want to be a person who can spend time with my family members whenever they need me, and a father who can accompany my children in every small and big milestone. I hope to build my own family and to have more family members to spend my life together with.

#JungAh “For you, love is about two people being happy together. For me, love is about two people being together, even if it brings misery to them.” #Gook “Dangerous love? I didn’t know you are such a person, now that I understand you more, I hate that kind of love.” (Ireland Ep 15) (Me: Hyunbin was Gook in Ireland and his wife “JungAh” was acted by Lee Na Young. In that drama, his wife did not love him but another man she fell in love with after her marriage.)

Q: Between “being happy together” kind of love vs “being together even if it brings misery” kind of love, for Hyunbin, which of these two types of love would more accurately describe your stand on love?

A: I like Gook’s stand on love, being happy together. This has nothing to do with my own will. It’s probably because the Korean society has created the man to be in a certain image. It is etched in the Korean man’s mind that he is to protect the family, provide financially for the family and to bear all kinds of responsibilities. If it is only the two people living in misery, then it is still probably okay. But in Korea, this is not possible. If the two people are in misery, their parents will also be miserable. Other family members will also be affected. When I think about these things, I will definitely not choose this type of love.

#Ji-Oh “Didn’t you beg your sunbaenim not to use the clichéd ‘destiny love story’, or ‘love at first sight type of hapless love story’ or ‘the irrationally melancholic and uninteresting kind of love story” as the script material? You are no longer a child. Regarding what adults say about destined love, fated love, first love, love at first sight, honestly, aren’t all these things just packaging?” (World Within Us Ep 5).

Q: Destined love, love at first sight, first love that is pure, fated love…Do you believe in these?

A: I believe, but I have never experienced any of these. I do not have anybody that can be counted as my “first love”. When I was in Elementary School, I did not ever have a crush on a teacher or my classmate seated next to me. I have also never idol-worshipped a foreign celebrity or movie star. In junior and senior High School, I did not have any interactions with girls (Me : He was in an all-boys high school all the way till end of senior High). It is not because I had any prejudices against girls at that time. It is just that I did not develop those kinds of feelings towards anyone. If a certain person looks good to me, I would just have this thought, “yes, that person looks good”, that is all; I never entertained the thought of whether I love that person – not even once.

Q: Even so, in the process of growing up, you must have fallen in love before. Your first love must have caught you by surprise, wouldn’t you say so? Because the feelings of first love is like that.

A: No, not really. (Laughs). When I fell in love, it was different. I don’t know what the reason is, it was just different. After the love relationship ended, the question, “Did I really love that person?” came into my mind. Clearly, I did say “I love you”, and I was definitely happy when we were together. At that time, it did feel like it was love, but when it ended, I have asked myself, “Was that love?”. Perhaps, “Ah, this is what love is” is something that needs time to discover and realize. 

————————————————

Since I am on this subject matter. Other trivia and bits and pieces that I know about Binnie on the topic of love and dating from other interviews I have read.

His first kiss was in front of his house gate when he was in Senior High. 

At an interview in 2002, he revealed that he had just broken up with a non-celeb girl friend. At that time, he wondered out loud if it would work out better if he dated a fellow actor. At that same interview, he revealed he has never been dumped by a girl before. When asked what is his ideal type, he said she must be someone who understands his work fully and trusts him completely. As for the type of girl he thinks he will fall in love with, he said she must be someone who makes him feel like he wants to treat like a princess. At that interview he wondered if it would be difficult to find such a woman- someone who understands and supports him in his work, who trusts him and whom he wants to treat as a princess. From the little that I know, so far, only Kyo has been described in a manner that fits this description of his ideal that he shared at his interview in 2002. He has never talked about any other woman the way he had about Kyo - that he could talk to and share freely with, he described her as sophisticated, chic and classy  (description sounds like that of a princess). At Come Rain and Shine press conference, he was still openly saying that she was his ideal type. That was just about one month plus before the breakup announcement :tears:

On a brighter note, from his interviews, I can tell that though he is labeled as the King of Romance KDramas, he really isn’t all that romantic at all in real life :D because he doesn’t fall in love easily. To me, the real Hyun Bin could be quite like the character in Reply MV. From my humble point of view, the lyrics describe him quite aptly.  

Some Ceci pics for your eye feast. He was so young then - reminiscing about my fangirling experience 10 years ago brings back fond memories. How time flies! :blush:

NJEF96Y.jpg

jD810n7.jpg

Archived