Rita Ora: 'Music industry is harder for women in all aspects'

sugarplum892

Rita Ora: 'Music industry is harder for women in all aspects'
Rita Ora has argued that the music industry is a harder place for women.
The 'I Will Never Let You Down' singer said that female artists face different battles to men, and have a tougher time "proving" themselves.

Radio One Teen Awards, Rita Ora,

The new Voice UK coach told The Mirror: "Without pulling the whole female card, I think it has always been harder for females in all aspects.
"Whenever we have an opinion, it always seems to be taken out of proportion. As a woman in this industry, it has always been a bit about proving yourself, so I'm proud to be on [the Voice] panel with such successful men."

Ricky Wilson, Sir Tom Jones, Rita Ora and will.i.am on The Voice

Ora also said that people have grown "scared" of using the term 'feminist'. 
"I think people take the word 'feminist' really seriously," she explained. "In this industry, all the heads of labels are men. I have always been very vocal about the women sticking together."
Rita Ora will join Sir Tom Jones, will.i.am and Ricky Wilson on The Voice UK when it returns to BBC One on Saturday, January 10. Watch a trailer below:

Source

Archived