Madonna criticized for Rebel Heart promotional images

sugarplum892

Madonna criticized for Rebel Heart promotional images
Madonna has been criticized for using photoshopped images of Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela and Bob Marley to promote her new album.
Pictures of the iconic figures were photoshopped to mirror the album artwork for Madonna's Rebel Heart.

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Some commentators have complained about Madonna seemingly using the civil rights movement to sell her album.
"No, Madonna, just no," replied one commentator, while another said: "Use a civil rights figure to sell your album? Classy!"
The 56-year-old singer, who used similar images featuring John Lennon and Christ the Redeemer, denied that she was comparing herself with the iconic figures.
She posted on her Facebook page: "I'm sorry. I'm not comparing myself to anyone. I'm admiring and acknowledging their Rebel Hearts."
"This is neither a crime or an insult or racist!" she added.
Madonna Rebel Heart album artwork.

Songs from Madonna's upcoming album were recently leaked online.
Describing the leak as "artistic rape", Madonna urged fans not to listen to 14 leaked album songs.
Rebel Heart is available to pre-order from iTunes before its release on March 10.
Watch the video for Madonna's 'Living For Love' below:

Source

Archived