Nicki Minaj Opens Up About Having an Abortion When She Was in High School

sugarplum892

Nicki Minaj Opens Up About Having an Abortion When She Was in High School
NICKI MINAJ

Nicki Minaj has always been known for being outspoken, but on her new album The Pinkprint, she's opening up in deeply personal new ways.
One such touchy subject is the abortion Minaj got when she was a teenager. "One of my goals was to give people a glimpse into my personal life, because it's something I've kept very private," she tells Rolling Stone about her unexpected pregnancy with her first love's child. "I thought I was going to die. ... I was a teenager. It was the hardest thing I'd ever gone through."
The best TV shows of 2014
The rapper, now 32, says she has been "haunted" by the decision, but that it would be "contradictory if I said I wasn't pro-choice. I wasn't ready. I didn't have anything to offer a child."
The Pinkprint also delves into other delicate subjects from her personal life, like her split from her boyfriend of 11 years, Safaree Samuels. "I struggled with 'Do I express these feelings?' " she says. "And I decided there's no reason for me to hide. I'm a vulnerable woman, and I'm proud of that."
Source

Archived