• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rainmoon

Five Fun Facts About Byun Yo Han

BY Julie Jones | May 12, 2015 11:47 AM EDT

•  
Byun Yo Han

What do women see in him, Song Ji Hyo asks of his character in "Ex-Girlfriends Club." It must be something because his manhwa-writing character has at least three ex-girlfriends. And considering how quickly fame came to this rookie actor, audiences really see something in him too. What is it about this actor that has won viewers' hearts?

Here are a few facts you may not know.

1. He has only been working as an actor since 2011 but he got a head start in school, appearing in 30 short films when he attended Korea National University of the Arts. His first role with a name in a full-length film was playing Park Ji Hoon in the film "Norigae." It was his role in the cable hit drama "Misaeng" that attracted national attention. His role in the film "Socialphobia" sealed the deal.

2. Despite the ease with which Byun now stands before the camera, he used to stutter.

"I used to be in introvert when I was young and often stuttered when I spoke," he said during an interview with KoBiz, a publication of the Korean Film Council. "It really had an impact on me, but during middle school, my teacher who used to be a theater actor persuaded me to go on stage and that's when my stuttering stopped. Since then I found joy in acting and becoming an actor turned into a dream."

3. But he would stil describe himself as shy. When he was on the set of "Misaeng," he said actor Lee Sung Min really helped him cope with his shyness.

"He said that I was quite similar to who he was in his 20's, starting with the fact that I'm very shy," Byun said in an interview with Singles magazine. That's why I really felt a lot of affection toward him. He made sure to start discussions even more often with the shy hoobaes. Especially in the scene where we're at the hotel and work together on a project, the dialogues were long and filled with detailed numbers. He directly gave me his comments. Thanks to him, I gained courage and I was able to be more daring in my acting."

4. Byun's father was against him becoming an actor. To talk Byun out of it, his father proposed a year studying abroad and insisted he enlist for his mandatory military duty. That diversion only made Byun want to act more.

"Now that I think about it, studying abroad and going to the army allowed me to prepare more comfortably to be an actor," Byun said in an interview with enewsworld. Byun's father may have changed his mind about his son's career after Byun won an Independent Movie Star Award for his role in the film "Socialphobia."

5. Byun is close to EXO's Su Ho. The friends have helped each other get through hard times. So Ho watches and comments on Byun's acting. Byun listens to and comments on EXO's new music.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/83925/20150512/five-fun-facts-about-byun-yo-han.htm

Guest rainmoon

Lee Jung Jae And Byun Yo Han Were Winners At The Busan International Film Festival

BY Adrienne Stanley | Oct 03, 2015 12:51 PM EDT

•  

Lee Jung Jae and Byun Yo Han were winners at the Busan International Film Festival. 

The 20th Busan International Film Festival hosted its award ceremony on October 2. Top winners included "Assassination" leading man, Lee Jung Jae, and "Socialphobia" star, Byun Yo Han. 

Sports World published the full list of winners, on Segye.com

Lee Jung Jae was the recipient of the Best Actor award for his role in "Assassination." The compelling period film was also honored with an award for Best Art Direction. 

The crime film, "The Shameless" also received numerous awards. The movie, which premiered at the 2015 Cannes International Film Festival, was awarded Best Picture.Jeon Do Yeon, who recently appeared in "Memories of the Sword," was recognized with Best Actress honors for her performance in "The Shameless." "The Shameless" also won within the Best Music category. 

Moon Jung Hee was honored as the Best Supporting Actress for "Cart," while Lee Kyung Young was the recipient of the Best Supporting Actor award for his performance in "The Unfair." 

Director Hong Suk Jae was recognized with the Best New Director award for his innovative work on the psychological film, "Sociolphobia." Byun Yo Han, who recently lead the cast of tvN's romantic comedy, "Ex-Girlfriend Club," was the recipient of Best New Actor honors for his performance in "Socialphobia." 

Other notable honors include Lee Yooyoung, who received the Best New Actress award for her role in "Late Spring." 

The 20th Busan International Film Festival concludes its run on October 10. 

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/99563/20151003/lee-jung-jae-and-byun-yo-han-were-winners-at-the-busan-international-film-festival.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump!

Sorry, I just have to...

Well... As I'm watching Six flying dragons now I can't hide (and I don't want to!) that Byun Yo Han made me love the show even more (and I LLLLLOVE IT!!!). He's my new discovery. I remember him from Misaeng and gosh - is that the same guy as in Dragons??? I can't believe he's such a good actor, he's so different in Misaeng and Dragons. And in Ex-girfriend club too! Wow!

I heard his drama Ex-girlfriend club isn't that good but I watched it anyway. I prepared myself to suffer because of the level and surprisingly I had good time - the drama isn't perfect but it's not bad either. It's actually very funny. And Byun Yo Han? Once again he's diffferent than his other roles. He's amazing. And he was so - there's no better word for that - cute! I mean he was the cutest guy EVER. The perfect boyfriend I dare say. There's no such man in the world but hey - dramas are not about reality. ;)

Don't kill me for my words but when it comes to Byun Yo Han it has nothing to do with his looks. Okay, I know - as Yi Bang Ji he looks more than good :wub: but actually he's not that handsome imho. It doesn't matter actually. There are a lot of actors who can't act but they look good. Byun Yo Han is different - his acting is awesome and the more I watch his works, the more I think he's handsome hehehehe. He's getting more handsome with every drama. ;)

Anyway he's my new discovery and I just added him to my top favourite actors list. He's fascinating. 

I'm def. going to watch his movies (IF I find english subtitles to Social phobia or Madonna, since I don't understand korean :() and I can't wait to have that occasion. I think I'm actually in love with his acting. 

Go, Byun Yo Han! You're great!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Yay for finding this thread and thanks for pictures and video!!!!!

Byun Yo Han is seriously such a great actor isn't it. I haven't watched Misaeng, my friend told me it's depressing haha. But Exgirlfriend Club is quite funny and he is soooo cute and adorable.

But then BAM! He appears as jaded swordsman in Six Flying Dragons. Fiuh, i guess it's kinda wrong to jump watching a drama (and saeguk, no less) just because of one actor. Now i suffer from frustration because i need more of Yo Han in ny screen huhu. His part is kinda short and his character itself is frustratingly naive (or is it only me?) But he delivers every single scene, the fighting is hella epic! 

LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM oh God :wub: and he is close with Ji Soo too asdfghjkl now my life is complete.

Okay i'll stop before rambling even more hihi. 

Btw Thanks for many pictures @lvbyh <3 and hello to all :D

@cedarwood ! Talking about Socialphobia, the searching of engsub is such a hard quest :( I have found the raw file but it's indie movie so a bit difficult. Any luck so far? 

41 minutes ago, ziiee said:

@cedarwood ! Talking about Socialphobia, the searching of engsub is such a hard quest :( I have found the raw file but it's indie movie so a bit difficult. Any luck so far? 

Nope. And that's what really depressing. :(

I highly recommend you Misaeng - c'mon the drama is well done, well played, well everything. And there are so many very good actors. There are very sad and frustrating moments but nevertheless if you like good, carefully written scripts and good acting this drama is for you. :) Not to mention Byun Yo Han shows another side of him. :D 

@cedarwood finger crossed for engsub huhu the premise sounds so promising, aside byun yo han haha.

Yeah Misaeng is already on my watch list (and in my laptop actually). But I just finished watching Punch and currently catching up with Six Flying Dragons. Two heavy-themed drama in a row really burn my brain LOL. Maybe i will watch light drama first to cleanse my brain and ready for Misaeng hihi

Anyway who else amazed by Lee Bangji's duel with Gil Tae Mi? Sure i am, totally. Gah that is one beautiful sword dance :wub:

Wait for the 25th episode... oh my... I just finished watching it. I really don't know WHY Byun Yo Han doesn't have any Oscar yet. He. Is. Amazing! <3

I'm rewatching Misaeng right now and I see things I've missed during the first occasion. 

And BYH in this drama... no, don't get me started or I won't finish. :) 

Archived