Charmaine Sheh becomes double-win TV Queen; Roger Kwok wins TV King for the third time

sugarplum892

Source: The Sun / on.ccTranslated by: Chloe.C
Last night, TVB's TV King and Queen were born! Hot favourite Roger Kwok stood out with his performance in "Black Heart, White Soul", tying the record of three time TV King with Gallen Lo and Wayne Lai. As for Ding Jeh, Charmaine Sheh, she took home the TV Queen award once again after 2006, becoming the first ever Fa Dan to a be a two time "double-win" TV Queen! "Line Walker", which attracted a lot of of attention during its broadcast, won "Best Drama" along with 4 other awards to become the big winner of the night!
The TVB Anniversary Awards 2014 were held at Tseung Kwan O TVB City last night. There were a total of 16 awards, and like last year, TV King, TV Queen and Best Drama were voted by the audience and the judge panel, while "Most Favourite Male/Female TV Character" awards were voted by the audience. On the red carpet, Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh, who matched in white, were the last to enter, like they were rehearsing claiming the big awards! Charmaine wore a 250,000 dollar long dress made in France, with 2,500,000 dollar jewelry on this grand night.
Mother helps relieves stress
Roger Kwok, Wayne Lai, Raymond Lam, Ruco Chan and others were all favourites for the TV King award. Roger Kwok's "evil" performance in "Black Heart, White Soul" had the loudest support. In the end, he won the award being the hot favourite, while Ah Sheh was crowned TV Queen with her character, "Ding Jeh" in "Line Walker"! 39 year old Charmaine Sheh returned strongly after leaving TVB for 2 years, and became the TV Queen hot favourite with her undercover cop character. No matter her crying scenes or her comedic scenes, they left a deep impression in viewers' hearts. As expected, with her #1 rank in voting, she fought off Kristal Tin, Linda Chung, Kate Tsui and others to take home "Best Actress" and "Most Favourite Female TV Character" (75,171 votes). Actually, back in 2006, she also had a double win with her performance in "Maiden's Vow". Yesterday, she was also awarded "2014 Mainland Most Popular TVB Female Artiste". In 8 years, she became the first artiste to be a two-time double win TV Queen! When accepting the "Most Favourite Female TV Character" award, she thanked the producer for giving her such a fun character and everyone who casted their vote. In the audience votes, she won 28.6%, while she won the full 50% amongst the judge panel. (Audience Votes and Judge Panel take half and half, both weighted 50%). When she accepted the award from Liza Wang, she was teary eyed, thanked the producer and her mother who has accompanied her all these years: "It's very nervewracking being on this stage, it is not easy at all. Really thankful to have such a great script and character, and I also really thank my mom. I am often really stressed, but when I see my mom's big smile, that's already enough. Nothing is ever the best, I will keep trying my best!"
As for Roger, who successfully tied the record of Gallen Lo and Wayne Lai of being a three-time TV King, he had taken home the "Best Actor" award twice before in 2003 and 2005 with his characters "Ah Wong". This time, he played an "evil" handicapped lawyer, no question about his acting skills! 9 years later, he was crowned TV King once again. Last night, he wore a white tuxedo, and on both sides, a shiny crystal image of his son and daughter were printed on. Roger Kwok, who seemed close to ears, thanked God, his wife Cindy Au and their two children: "This morning, I told my son I can't play with him tonight, because I have to come to the awards ceremony tonight. My son told me "Take home all the awards!!". But I told him, having you and my daughter, I've won all the awards already! Having the love of my two children, pushed away all the negative personalities I shouldn't have: Jealously, arrogance, pride. When you empty out all of those things, I'm able to face my career so naturally and comfortably." He expressed that today is his wife's birthday and he already ordered a cake. Asked what he will give her? He laughed: "Does the award count? We can hug the award to sleep!" Roger won 16.25% in the audience votes, and claimed the full 50% in the judge panel's votes; first place in both categories.
"Foon Hei Gor" wins award with 60,000 votes
Benz Hui won "Most Favourite Male TV Character" with 62,705 votes for his character "Foon Hei Gor". Benz, who said he voted for himself, said: "Thanks to the producer for creating this character, I am just playing this character for him. And thanks to my wife and my kids. Other than this, "Best Drama" was won by "Line Walker", taking 20.3% of audience votes and 41.6% in the judge panel's votes; also first place in both categories. When award presenter, Chung King Fai announced the results, he purposely joked and said "3 words!". At that moment, Kristal Tin and Roger Kwok thought the winner was "Black Heart, White Soul" (忠奸人) and immediately stood up, but then sat down awkwardly when they realized it wasn't them. TVB expressed that they ended the voting earlier by half an hour this year to accommodate the award presenting timing. The total number of people who voted was 185,779, less than last year.
Ram Tsang and Josie Ho win "Best Supporting Actor/Actress"
Ram Tsang won the "Best Supporting Actor" award with his character as "Ko Manager" in "Come On, Cousin!". When he accepted the award, the whole audience cheered loudly. "20 years ago, I was on this stage as a singer. 20 years later, I am on this stage again as an actor, playing a singer. I am a professional actor!" He also thanked his "swift horse" (someone he saw his talent and gave him an opportunity), Wong Cho Lam: "With his height, being a "jockey" is absolutely right. He told me: "Let me lead you, I can take you to the finish line!", touching Cho Lam to tears. He also sang a part of Linda Chung's song from "Witness Insecurity, "Most Blissful Thing" on stage, a drama which he was also a part of. As for "Best Supporting Actress", Josie Ho was the black horse who took the award home. She expressed she would bring the award to her father, Ho Hong Sun, who is in the hospital.

TVB 47th Anniversary Awards 2014 Winners ListCompiled by: Chloe.C

Best Drama"Line Walker"
Best ActorRoger Kwok, "Black Heart, White Soul"
Best ActressCharmaine Sheh, "Line Walker"
Most Favourite Male TV CharacterBenz Hui as Chum Foon Hei, "Line Walker"
Most Favourite Female TV CharacterCharmaine Sheh as Ding Siu Ka, "Line Walker"
Best Supporting ActorRam Tsang, "Come On, Cousin"
Best Supporting ActressJosie Ho, "Tomorrow is Another Day"
Most Improved Male ArtisteLouis Cheung
Most Improved Female ArtistePriscilla Wong
Most Favourite Drama Song"The More Difficult the More I Love 越難越愛" by Jinny Ng, "Line Walker"
Best Variety Show"Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk"
Best Variety Programme HostNancy Sit & Wong Cho Lam, "Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk"
Best Special Programme"A Time of Love"
Best Enrichment Programme"Guardians of Life 2"
Professional Actor AwardsChu Wai Tak, So Yan Chi, Lee Ka Ting, Law Lok Lam, Ram Tsang
Lifetime Achievement AwardTam Bing Man

Archived