[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Destined to Love You 偏偏喜欢你

sugarplum892

%E5%81%8F%E5%81%8F%E5%96%9C%E6%AD%A1%E4%

Details:

Chinese title: 偏偏喜欢你 Piān Piān Xǐ Huān Nǐ
English title: Destined to Love You

Genre: Action, Historical (Republic), Military Academy, Romance

Episodes: 40

Screenwriter: Tong Hua (Bu Bu Jing Xin 步步惊心Sound of the Desert 风中奇缘 (Da Mo Yao 大漠謠)

Producer: Tong Hua (Bu Bu Jing Xin 步步惊心 & Sound of the Desert 风中奇缘 (Da Mo Yao 大漠謠)

Director: Tsang Lai Chun Production

Company: Dream Stardom (Best Times 最美的時光)

Filming Date: October 14, 2014

Broadcast Period: June 16, 2015 - July 2015

Cast:

Joe Chen Qiao En 陈乔恩 as Qian Bao Bao 钱宝宝

Jia Nai Liang 贾乃亮 as Xiang Hao 项昊

Bosco Wong 黄宗泽 as Chen Wen Tao 沈文涛

Zheng Shuang 郑爽 as Xiao Han 萧晗

Synopsis:

The drama tells of a German educated professor who unfortunately meets with an accident on her return to the Shanghai based military academy she works at. Under the impression that she is dead Qian Bao Bao assumes her identity, using it as a way to avoid her debtors. As she returns to the academy, antics ensue as well as romance with two of the male instructors at the academy.

Watch it here with English subs when it comes out!

Raw Trailer:

OSTs:

Tan Weiwei - Loving Until the End

Yuan Ye - Sorry

Hé huì huì - True Love Is Just Like Blood

Additional Links:

Destined to Love You 偏偏喜欢你 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Destined to Love You 偏偏喜欢你 Raw Episodes

Destined to Love You 偏偏喜欢你 Official Sina Page

Destined to Love You 偏偏喜欢你 Weibo Page

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• 5 months later...

@sugarplum892, thank you for starting this thread. I am thrilled there is an upcoming new drama based on Tong Hua's novel.

Good news!      Smiley  Smiley

Viki has a potential page for this drama

http://www.viki.com/tv/27073c-destined-to-love-you?q=destined to love you

Please - everyone - click on "favorite" button on Viki's page.

Also - please submit Title Request form for: Destined to Love You - 偏偏喜歡你

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Joe Chen Starts Shooting on A New C Drama "Destined to Love You"

Destined1.PNG

I really kinda like this poster. Certainly has a rather cool vibe to it. Joe Chen (陈乔恩, T-Drama Fated to Love You) starts shooting for a C-Drama "Destined to Love You."

The story centers around Joe Chen's character who meets a female professor on her way to accept a position with a military school. The female professor ends up "dying" by being pushed off the train by an assassination attempt. Joe Chen's character, decides to assume the professor's identity so her sick mother can receive medical help.

Joe Chen's character assumes she could just leave once her mother gets better, but soon she is embroiled into a conspiracy and of course romantic trouble as well.

Destined2.PNG

Destined4.PNG

Destined3.PNG

Destined6.PNG

The heroine will be caught between two man. The male lead, a good looking rich boy whose only goal is to have a good time. However, underneath his facade he has passion and loyalty. The other man will be the fiancee of the professor whose identity the heroine stolen. 

ps. Most of you that watch C-Drama knows that they usually film all of their shows way before the air date. In fact I don't think they even look at an air date until the show is completed filming. So I have no idea when this one will air. 

Source: Ninja Reflection

Guest ororomunroe

Is this drama based on a book?

And I'm watching solely because of "Sound of the Desert". That was a fantastic drama ^_^

@irilight, thanks for bumping this thread. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

@sugarplum892, thank you for starting this thread. I am thrilled there is an upcoming new drama based on Tong Hua's novel.

Good news!      Smiley  Smiley

Viki has a potential page for this drama

http://www.viki.com/tv/27073c-destined-to-love-you?q=destined to love you

Please - everyone - click on "favorite" button on Viki's page.

Also - please submit Title Request form for: Destined to Love You - 偏偏喜歡你

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

​You're welcome! :D Glad soompiers are finding these topics! :)

Thank you for sharing the viki channel!

Is this drama based on a book?

And I'm watching solely because of "Sound of the Desert". That was a fantastic drama ^_^

@irilight, thanks for bumping this thread. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

@ororomunroe, thank you for the recommendation of "Sound of the Desert". I have been eying it...  Will watch for sure, once I get an opening in the schedule. In return, I need to recommend to you, if you have not yet seen - "Bu Bu Jing Xin" /Starting by each step/ aka Scarlet Heart.

I wonder if there is a list of Chinese drama directory on Soompi forum. I am not seeing one.

• 3 weeks later...

@Yeucandy85

It's currently showing on Hunantv, so it should be 2 episodes per night, except for Friday and Saturday, which airs one episode per night. 

I only started watching this drama this morning and have caught up. I quite like it although some of the comedy parts are a little over the top.

I have watched this drama until episode 19 without english subtitle because i really love all drama and movie that have Joe Chen. This drama is totally worth my time to watch because it really cute and funny. Besides that, all actor and actress was handsome and beautiful. Heee :wub: 

@wierna

I've been catching every episode too. It's quite a good drama and travels at a good pace. I like the funny scenes, but sometimes I think Xiang Hao's character goes overboard with the comedy. In comparison to the start when he is all cool, it's like he has a split personality. LOL. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wahhh...this drama looks beautiful. Joe Chen is one of my fav C-actresses. She looks stunning in military uniform. The guy looks handsome too, but dont know who he is. I know Bosco Wong and he is a great actor. II guess he isnt the main lead? I can see the older HK actor, he is like totally awesome when it comes to acting. I hope dubbing wont mess their performances. I never understood why they dubbed Joe Chen in Cruel Romance. 

@BaiZiHua hiya. Glad to see ya on here too. FTLY was soooo adorable and funny. There were some sad parts, but overall, it was a heartwarming story. Ethan Ruan was so cute! I dont think he fits into my handsome list, but he was awfully cute in FTLY. Btw, have you seen My Queen? It is also very good. 

When I marathon a Chinese drama for 30 episodes before breaking away to write a first impression, you know I am in love with it. I personally adore Revolutionary dramas, and I can't contain my love for the characters here. Not only do we have a really kickbutt female lead (for once, no damsel in distress) but one that stays strong/stronger than her male leads. 

Please click here to read more about my first impression (though I am almost now finished!) : https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2015/10/02/destined-to-love-you-military-style-偏偏喜欢你/

Archived