Education: School of Performing Arts Seoul
Agency: 
H& Entertainment

Dramas

2023 Queen of Tears (UPCOMING) as Hong Soo Cheol

2022 Gaus Electronics as Lee Sang Shik

2022 Big Mouth as Jerry

2022  Monstrous as Kwak Yong Joo

2021 Our Beloved Summer as Noo Ah (guest role)

2021 Drama Stage Season 4: Attention Hog as Kang Tae Soo

2021 tvN Vincenzo as Jang Han Seo

2020 tvN It's Okay to not be Okay as Kwon Gi Do (cameo)

2019 MBC Never Twice as Na Hae Jun

2019 SBS Doctor Detective as Jung Ha Rang (cameo)

2019 SBS My Strange Hero as Oh Se Ho

2018 JTBC Gangnam Beauty as Yeon Woo Young

2018 KBS2 Radio Romance as Jason

2017 KBS2 Drama Special - Slow as Lee Ji Won

2017 SBS Reunited Worlds as Sung Hae Cheol

2017 KBS2 Fight For My Way as Kim Moo Ki (cameo)

2016 KBS2 Moonlight Drawn by Clouds as Kim Byung Yeon
2016 KBS2 The Master of Revenge as Lee Yong Joo

2016 tvN Pied Paper as Jung In
2016 KBS2 Master : God of Noodles as Dokkus's subordinate/Taeha's cellmate

2016 SBS Puck! as Hwang Gyung Pil

2016 SBS Please Comeback, Mister as young Han Gi Tak

2015 KBS2 Drama Special Avici as Ji Sun Woo

2015 Naver TV Cast The Flatterer as Park Gun
2015 MBC Hwajung as Lee Eui Rib

2014 SBS Modern Farmer as Han Ki Joon
2014 KBS2 Drama Special - Middle School Student A as Lee Hae Joon
2014 KBS2 Inspiring Generation as young Shin Jung Tae
2013 KBS2 Adolescence Medley as Choi Jung Woo
2013 SBS Jang Ok Jung, Living in Love as young Dong Pyung Goon
2012 KBS2 You Who Rolled in Unexpectedly as Bang Jang Goon

Movies

2022 6/45 as Man Cheol

2020 Baseball Girl as Lee Jung Ho

2018 Heung-boo as Sheddong

2017 Man of Will as Choi Yoon Suk

2017 Misbehavior as Yoo Jong Ki

Variety Shows

2022 Youth MT (Young Actors' Retreat)

Pictorials

Kwak-DongYeon-For-SINGLES-Magazine-Novem

9bf393fe51224d7cae63673f2207e2ad.jpeg?s=

Spoiler

12-1241.jpg

12-1292.jpg

11-1098.jpg

Equire:

kwakdongyeon_esquire_june21_4.jpg?w=786

cdac4b24e2bc26d8c57821743aba73b3.jpg

tumblr_ohc3lfPDWg1veoszbo1_1280.jpg

kwak-dong-yeon-8.jpeg

Singles:

b169f157c91db64b4ba195c82814bab48a75407b

ELLE:

da309961f6018ddfe02bf91f82a6fc20993f5707

kwak-dong-yeon-1.png

f106d845792bee3d160e93a06c2603f6cddd5692

02e9c6cbc36119ac9e9ed7450fdc4ad458bd8ba3

Bazaar 2022:

02zWE_3f.jpg

kQz5O_3f.jpg

BQvkq_3f.jpg

Allure 2022:

style_634ea2319d858.jpg

style_634ea2297ccc0.jpg

style_634ea230119c2.jpg

style_634ea2366438c.jpg

style_634ea237cd364.jpg

style_634ea233d68bd.jpg

Awards

2018 Korea First Brand Awards: Actor Award

2014 KBS Drama Awards: Best Young Actor (Inspiring Generation)

2012 5th Korea Drama Awards: Best Child Actor Award (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly)

SNS

Twitter : kwakdongyeon97
Instagram : kwakdongyeon0

Source

H& Entertainment
Dramawiki
AsianWiki
Wikipedia
HanCinema

• Love 1

Guest ftiamor

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm sure this cute and talented kid will have bright future as an actor, just hope he will not neglect his acting after he debut as musician because i wish to see him in more and more awesome dramas and films.
Kwak Dong Yeon, fighting!  :x

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yuri, Park Joon Hyung, and Others Set Out to China to Care for Panda Triplets in “Animals”
Celebrities Yuri, Park Joon Hyung, Jang Dong Min, and Kwak Dong Yeon left for China in order to look after the only panda triplets in the world.
The cast has set out for China to undertake the scrupulous and painstaking jobs of looking after an adorable set of triplet pandas for MBC’s new variety show, “Animals.”
proxy.jpg?t=HBhBaHR0cDovL3d3dy5zb29tcGku

Pandas are very rare and extremely valuable to the point that they are considered national treasures in China. Add to the fact the pandas on the show are baby triplets, they are quite the celebrities.
“The penalty for smuggling pandas is death,” warned producer Son Chang Woo. “Because the panda triplets are so valuable and rare, the cast is taking all the necessary precautions, even putting their lives on the line.”
The new variety program will premiere January 25 on MBC.
animals2.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/15/yuri-park-joon-hyung-and-others-set-out-to-china-to-care-for-panda-triplets-in-animals/

Guest adikkeluangman

Upcoming variety show 'Animals' unveils posters of its lively cast
MBC's upcoming variety show 'Animals' unveiled posters of its cast ahead of its premiere this coming Sunday!
Super-Junior-Leeteuk-yb-yoon-do-hyun_142
Super Junior's Eunhyuk, Girls' Generation's Yuri, Don Spike, Seo Jang Hoon, g.o.d's Park Joon Hyung, comedian Jang Dong Min, M.I.B's Kangnam, actors Jo Jae Yoon and Kwak Dong Yeon, and YB's Yoon Do Hyun made fans go 'ooh' and 'aww' as they posed with cute animals and children.
As mentioned previously, 'Animals' will bring celebrities and animals together to eat, sleep, and live together in a beautiful, natural environment. It is directed by 'Tears of the Amazon' PD Kim Hyun Chul and 'Infinity Challenge' PD Je Young Jae, and will premiere in place of 'Dad! Where Are You Going?' on the 25th at 4:50 PM KST!
yoon-do-hyun_1421722888_Animals_2.jpgB7xaxg3IAAAR4fY.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/01/upcoming-variety-show-animals-unveils-posters-of-its-lively-cast

Guest adikkeluangman

Super Junior′s Eunhyuk, SNSD′s Yuri, M.I.B′s Kangnam and More Shout Fighting for ′Animals′
32277646.jpg
The Panda Trio is ready for the animals13565859.jpg
Stay tuned for ′Animals!′
Super Junior’s Eunhyuk, Girls’ Generation (SNSD)’s Yuri, g.o.d’s Park Jun Hyung, M.I.B’s Kangnam, Yoon Do Hyun, Kim Jun Hyun, Seo Jang Hoon, Jo Jae Yoon, Kwak Dong Hyun, Don Spike and more attended the press conference for MBC’s Animals on January 22 at the MBC Golden Mouth Hall in Sangam-dong.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/85747/photo-super-juniors-eunhyuk-snsds-yuri-mibs-kangnam-and-more-shout-fighting-for-animals

Guest adikkeluangman

Photos from 'Animals' press conference with Yuri, Eunhyuk, Kangnam, and more unveiled

The cast of upcoming variety show 'Animals' showed off their panda fashion during the press conference held at the MBC HQ in Sangamdong, Seoul on the 22nd!
B8BFB5rCIAA4dn1.jpg

MBC unveiled photos of Super Junior's Eunhyuk, Girls' Generation's Yuri, Don Spike, Seo Jang Hoon, g.o.d's Park Joon Hyung, comedian Jang Dong Min, M.I.B's Kangnam, actors Jo Jae Yoon and Kwak Dong Yeon, and YB's Yoon Do Hyun on its Facebook, building up excitement for the interaction between the cast and animals.
Park Joon Hyung also shared on his Instagram on the 22nd, "How ya like our Panda Fashion?!^^ Too be honest... that vest was so tight after zippin it up I couldnt even breathe in all the way...whew! lol p.s... Jus saw my interview vid from earlier today...I TOTALLY BOMBED IT.. ㅜㅜ lol"ss
'Animals' will premiere in place of 'Dad! Where Are You Going?' on the 25th at 4:50 PM KST!
10922740_938329942866720_301357573751930

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/01/photos-from-animals-press-conference-with-yuri-eunhyuk-kangnam-and-more-unveiled

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Basically, this article talk about the young and popular actors. Looks like they put it according to their age. I'm don't know what BIG3 company for actors but for idol or the one that popular with music. Only Kal So Won from YG Entertainment in it. Half of these kids signed under one agency that specialized for young talents.
20 young actors that growing up day by day in the screen.B7MI3TgCEAATNzn.jpg
Kwak Dong Yeon 곽동연, 자수성가 진행 중 (열아홉 살)데뷔작 KBS [넝쿨째 굴러온 당신]의 방장군은 잘생긴 바보, 입만 안 열면 멋진 놈이었다. 그러나 중학생 시절부터 숙소 생활에 자취까지 산전수전 다 겪으면서도 연기에 대한 열정을 지켜온 곽동연은 보기 드물게 의젓하고 진지한 성격이다. 빨래가 잘 안 말라 고민하고, 자기만의 화장실 청소 비법이 있다며 살림꾼 주부 같은 말을 하지만, ‘이상형’ 김소현과 통화할 때는 어쩔 줄 몰라 당황하는 것이 수줍은 십 대 소년 그 자체. 지난해 말 반지하 방에서 1.5층으로 이사해 많은 이들의 축하를 받았다.출연작: KBS [감격시대: 투신의 탄생], SBS [모던 파머] http://www.ize.co.kr/articleView.html?no=2015011123427220198
I didn't know that he same age as Yeo Jin Goo. Now I want to see them work together. Hope he will get new project soon and also be friends with more actors that can help him in improve with his acting skill.

• 1 year later...

Kwak Dong-yeon joins Moonlight Drawn By Clouds as Park Bo-gum’s best friend

Moonlight1%201.jpg

As a late addition to the upcoming youth sageuk Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, former child actor Kwak Dong-yeon (Come Back, Ajusshi) will join the cast as Kim Byeong-yeon, Joseon’s best swordsman and Crown Prince Hyomyeong’s best friend. You might recognize Kwak from some of his previous works as the youth counterpart in period dramas like Age of Feeling and Jang Ok-jung, Live By Love. He recently also put in a comical performance in Modern Farmer, where he played the immature but adorable maknae drummer in a rock band.

Just a quick synopsis of Moonlight Drawn By Clouds in case you don’t follow Bo-gummie news as religiously as I do: Set the in the Joseon dynasty, the youth drama follows the story of a prince’s first love. Park Bo-gum (Answer Me 1988) stars as Crown Prince Hyomyeong, who was known for his scholarly pursuits. One day outside the palace walls, he encounters Kim Yoo-jung (Secret Door), who is impersonating a male, and giving out advice on girls to her fellow Sungkyunkwan classmates. The crown prince takes a liking to the feminine-looking youth, and offers him/her a position as his chief eunuch advisor. From then on, we’ll get to see lots of cute romantic gender-swap confusion ensue.

Kwak Dong-yeon’s character, Kim Byeong-yeon, and Crown Prince Hyomyeong have been inseparable friends since childhood. Kim’s personality is described as foolishly bright, but with a steady loyal heart toward his prince. He’s the only person in whom the lonely and often all-too-serious Crown Prince Hyomyeong can really confide all his worries and troubles, until Kim Yoo-jung enters the palace as a eunuch. The best friend will be a willing participant in the future escapades and misadventures of the crown prince and his eunuch advisor, and act as a bridge for the two lovers.

Bo-gummie and some of his cast mates also recently did a surprise flash mob performance near Gwanghwamun to promote the drama in full sageuk dress. It’s absolutely hilarious, and lots of videos taken by fans are floating out in the Instagram universe.

Monday-Tuesday KBS drama Moonlight Drawn By Clouds will start airing in August.

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/kwak-dong-yeon-joins-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-as-park-bo-gums-best-friend/

• Blob 1

January 6th, 2015 Interview with Star News

Kwak Dong-yeon, "Kim So-hyun as ideal type confession, I'm sorry, I caused damage"

2015010615281520802_2.jpg

Source: 곽동연 "이상형 고백 김소현, 피해준 것 같아 미안하"

Kwak Dong-yeon, "I was suprised of same age Yeo Jin-goo Sunbaenim acting"

2015010616205532112_1.jpg

He did not hide passion for acting. FNC Entertainment director, Han Sang-ho said "Now let's just focus on acting". "I was told to concentrate on acting while doing 'Modern Farmer'," said Kwak Dongyeon. "I first auditioned to be a singer, but now I postponed the desire to be a better, bigger good person, I want to be a good actor," he continued.

Source: 곽동연 "동갑내기 여진구, 연기력 놀랍다..내겐 선배님"

Edited by Jiwoo Dongyeon
  • Blob 1

January 8th, 2015 Interview with YTN

'Modern Farmer' Kwak Dong-yeon "I reckoned Aikido during elementary school days"

201501061701770368_54ab96743f3d0.jpg

Source: '모던파머' 곽동연 "초등학교 시절 합기도 유망주였다"

January 10th, 2015 Interview with News Join

'Modern Farmer' Kwak Dong-yeon "Love line with Han Joo-hyun and always happened accidents"

201501100851772934_54b085d844610.jpg

Source: '모던파머' 곽동연, "한주현과 러브라인, 사건사고 많았다"

• Blob 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...