Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

@U-Çan:wub:

In this regard, there are reports of a mixture of cultural PR soldiers and military musicians, and Park Bo-gum applied for cultural PR, not military soldiers. As the Naval Public Relations Group changed to military and chairmanship last month, the culture PR and military music were divided, and Park Bo-gum applied for the piano (keyboard) in the culture PR. 

(so in Korea Navy there is two divisions: Culture / Cultural Press Relations and Military Musicians) 

These are their duties: 

Military musicians and public relations officers are engaged in activities such as promoting morale of the soldiers, public relations activities with the public, volunteer activities, and national defense. Due to the professional connection, there are many support from pop culture artists such as entertainers. 

Below are names of celebrities that were accepted to armed forces not for being combatant soldiers but as a cultural / musical support staff:

Earlier, comedian Ji Seok-jin, singer Kim Gun-mo, Yoo Hee-yeol, Jung Yeop, and pianist Iruma served as naval troops. --- in this branch Bogummy will serve being the pianist of Cultural PR if he gets to pass the practical test. 

In addition, actors Jo In-seong, singer Na-hoon Na, Sung Si-kyung, and Park Hyun-bin, etc., were air force soldiers,

and singers Swings, super junior Shin Dong, and Sung Min were soldiers.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/018/0004654838

@gumtaeklol, yeah, it's is really a galore. The news about the enlistment is topics even in news networks. Lol,  they are even making analysis about it. Our boy is really famous. 

Vogue Korea

Edited by Sakurafairy
  • Like 1

Google trans of this TV news broadcast. 

Screenshot-20200602-204359.jpg

Screenshot-20200602-204414.jpg

Broadcasting: Channel A News TOP 10 (17:50~19:30) 

Broadcasting date: June 2, 2020 (Tuesday)

Progress: Kim Jong-suk Anchor

Appearance: Lee Hyun-jong Cultural Daily Editorial Writer, Choi Jin-bong Professor of Success Association, Jang Ye-chan Shisa Critic , Kang Il-hong, The Fact Reporter of Popular Culture

[Kim Jong-suk Anchor]
One of the major actors, Park Bo-gum, applied to the Naval Culture Promotion Group. If he passed, he will be enlisted as a Navy Army soldier in August. Team leader Kang Il-hong, Park Bo-gum even got a piano test in secret to enlist.

[Kang Il-hong, The Fact Reporter of the Pop Culture]

It is said that he applied yesterday without even knowing by his company. The military entertainment system was abolished due to ailments, but military bands are usually supported by college practical music and students. Park Bo-gum also learns, and he has a high level of piano skills and actually majored in musicals. I expect he will pass without a big problem.

[Kim Jong-suk]
I heard that Park Bo-gum was a good singer and prepared to be a singer in the past. I never thought he could play the piano well.

[Kang Il Hong]
Actually , he has appeared on TV music programs. When he appeared in 'Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook', many viewers were amazed by his amazing piano skills.

[Kim Jong-suk]
I thought he was good-looking and acting well, so he plays the piano well. In fact, after the celebrity soldier system was abolished, among celebrities ahead of the enlistment, it became quite high for military musicians. Actor Jo In-sung, who is known to have a close relationship with Park Bo-gum, is also a member of the Air Force Army. It is said that if he enlisted as a naval soldier in August, the soldier is rarely an entertainer.

[Kang Il Hong]

In fact, it is. Because the celebrity soldiers system was active in support of military promotion, the Navy military troops deal with musical instruments, but they are also involved in public relations. I can't do the same, but the entertainment system is missing anyway. The Navy, the Air Force, and the Army are all operating a military band. It is said to be very popular.

https://n.news.naver.com/article/449/0000192642

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Screenshot-20200603-142124.jpg

IMG-20200603-142144.jpg

South Korean superstar Park Bo Gum has applied to join the navy military band, as confirmed by his agency Blossom Entertainment earlier today, June 2.

Rumors surfaced the internet that Bo Gum will be enlisting in the military later this year. But fans were shocked after his agency revealed the bittersweet news. 

Bo Gum apparently had his interview with the navy yesterday, June 1, and depending on the result, he may serve his mandatory military service this coming August. 

As reported by an online South Korean news outlet, Soompi, the agency’s official statement regarding their artist’s enlistment read: “Because he did everything quietly, only a handful of people know even at the agency. Though there may be much that you are curious about, the situation will change depending on the result, so please understand that it’s difficult to disclose any details at the moment.”

Last year, it could be recalled that Bo Gum visited the country and met his Pinoy fans during his most-awaited fan meeting, May Your Everyday Be A Good Day, at the Mall of Asia Arena.During that time, Anne Curtis took on the hosting duties and obviously fangirled over Bo Gum! They even became friends and stayed in contact after his visit. 

Before possibly getting accepted in the navy, Bo Gum’s last project would be, Record of Youth, co-starring with Parasite actress Park So Dam. Their highly-anticipated drama will be available for streaming on Netflix soon!

https://pikapika.ph/pikadaily/park-bo-gum-may-enlist-for-his-mandatory-military-service-sooner-than-you-think

• Like 2

I am just amazed that even in Kathmandu our boy is in their news portal. :D

IMG-20200603-143231.jpg

KATHMANDU: Popular South Korean actor Park Bo-gum has applied to join the navy military band.

Park’s agency Blossom Entertainment made an official statement regarding the actor’s potential military enlistment later this year, reports Soompi.

He has applied to join the navy military band.

According to The Korea Times, Park, 26, had an interview on June 1 to become a member of the Naval Culture Promotion Group.

The result will be known on June 25. If accepted, Park is set to start his service on August 31 in Changwon, South Gyeongsang Province, and return to civilian life in April 2022.

The Korea Times quoted local media outlet JoongAng Ilbo as having reported that the star took a piano/singing test and had an interview at the Navy Headquarters in Gyeryong.

It also quoted a military official as saying, “Park showed skillful piano playing and is highly likely to be accepted unless there are grounds for disqualification.”

Park Bo-gum debuted in the movie Blind (2011) and shot to fame after appearing in Reply 1988 (2015-16).

His upcoming film Seo Bok is set to premiere this year, and he is also appearing in the film Wonderland and drama A Record of Youth.

https://thehimalayantimes.com/entertainment/korean-actor-park-bo-gum-applies-to-navy-military-band-for-his-draft/

This one is from a Spanish - language country. Lol! 

Screenshot-20200603-145203.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2020/06/01/park-bo-gum-blossom-entertainment-confirmo-solicitud-para-unirse-a-la-marina-en-agosto-dorama-a-record-of-youth/%3foutputType=amp

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

IMG-20200603-144636.jpg

Park Bo Gum's side reveals more on actor's potential military enlistment

AKP STAFF

Park Bo Gum's side revealed more on the actor's potential military enlistment.

On June 2, Blossom Entertainment announced Park Bo Gum had applied for Korea Navy's culture and promotion band. Fans were surprised by the news as Park Bo Gum is only 27 years old, which means he has time until he has to enlist for his mandatory service. Under current military service law, a person can apply for a total of 5 delays until the age of 28. 

The actor's side explained, "Park Bo Gum, born in 1993, still has time to join the military. However, he had a strong will to join the military within this year."

Park Bo Gum has already taken a practical skill test and interview for the Navy's military band at the Navy headquarters in Gyeryong, South Chungcheong Province, applying for the piano section of the military band's cultural promotion unit. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/06/park-bo-gums-side-reveals-more-on-actors-potential-military-enlistment

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Since Sakurafairy started it, I will add some. 

She made me curious, so I searched with keyword "Park Bo Gum daftar militer" and found at least 20 news about it. 

I'll choose the most familiar name for me ^^

_20200604_052534.JPG

https://www.detik.com/tag/park-bo-gum

_20200604_052509.JPG

https://republika.co.id/berita/qbbzat425/aktor-park-bogum-daftar-di-grup-musik-angkatan-laut-korsel

_20200604_052442.JPG

https://seleb.tempo.co/read/1348918/ikut-wajib-militer-park-bo-gum-daftar-anggota-band-angkatan-laut

So yes, he is so famous!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, U-Çan said:

Thank you so much for the explanation @Sakurafairy and @willenette!!

I am still chewing it because my lack in processing long paragraphs, lol. I am working on it. I know most of the words but my mind is still loading. 

Thank you! 

*** No problem, U-Can. Once he enlists on Aug. 31, he’ll complete his 20-month duty being in the Navy. (24-months before). President Moon unveiled a five-year plan to scale back the mandatory military service period. This shortened mandatory military service will not fully take in effect until July 2020.  However, those who are currently serving will get a reduction on service length based on their time of enlistment.  Starting from October 2018, they will take away 1 day for every 2 weeks up until the enlistment date, eventually to cut down three months from the soldiers’ military duties.

The length of service varies depending on the military branch. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1