Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

2 hours ago, willenette said:

gumtaek,  an amendment now to the Military Service Act has made it harder for male celebrities to delay their enlistment. All male celebrities who fall into one of these categories and was born between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1999 are now required to submit their personal information to the MMA. Many entertainment agencies were notified of this change. Once the MMA calls for a celebrity’s enlistment, they must report. The current laws allow men to postpone their mandatory military service five times until they turn 30 only for medical reason. This new act was enforced starting September 2017. :)

This is why Bo Gum's move to apply for military enlistment 15 days ahead of his 28th birthday is commendable given experiences of dodging military duty by several male celebrities.:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sakurafairy said:

SJK wow really!  Or it was preshot?  I hope he'll be active in military musicals. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sakurafairy, no idea but I guess you may be right - As far as I know, most of the recruits who were in the military musical came from the branches of Army & Air Force. :blush: But, I'm hoping this for Bogum, though that he'll be part of the military musical when he's there inside soon. :lol:

• Like 3

Park Bo-gum, the "upright young man," has applied for the Navy's cultural promotion team, drawing keen attention to his enlistment. Under the military service law, Park Bo-gum, 27, can still afford to delay his military enlistment, but he applied himself to fulfill his military duty. In particular, he is said to have supported the Navy's military band due to the influence of his father, a former Navy soldier, adding warmth of the military enlistment news. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002867519

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gumtaek said:

This is why Bo Gum's move to apply for military enlistment 15 days ahead of his 28th birthday is commendable given experiences of dodging military duty by several male celebrities.:)

*** Dodging military service has been a problem, like anywhere else. Enlistment has become a societal and social rite of passage for Korean men, and it remains mandatory due to South Korea’s on-going tensions with North Korea. You’ll be given a jail term for dodging conscription including deferment of enlistment more than once much more if you deliberately delayed your military enlistment on false grounds.... You’ll be given a six-month jail sentence, one year of probation and 120 hours of community service. So, Evasion is a no-no. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

@U-Çan a military band is unlike the rocker band. It is a musical ensemble.

Spoiler

A musical ensemble, also known as a music group or musical group, is a group of people who perform instrumental or vocal music, with the ensemble typically known by a distinct name. Some music ensembles consist solely of instruments, such as the jazz quartet or the orchestra.

An Armed Forces of one country has their own branches like Army,  Air Force,  Navy and so on. Mostly these branches have their own military musical ensemble that provides encouragement and comfort to militaries in their respective branches thru musical concerts. From what I know only that Army branch has this but I didn't know that Navy has also. Since my cousin is a trombonist in US army. 

I'm just confused of the differentiation of military band like the pic below and the Cultural Press Relations (CPR) musical band as the account @bogumomo of Twitter has saying about. Maybe this band that Bogum will join is the one that will perform whenever there are events about the strengthening of foreign relations. Lol,  idk also,  I'm gonna ask some Korean friends. 

Well what's important is he'll be in a position where his musical gift will benefit others. That's my consolations. :):wub:

Spoiler

IMG-20200602-131951.jpg

IMG-20200602-132002.jpg

IMG-20200602-132014.jpg

Photos below taken from the news also. The left side must be the piano/keyboard area. 

IMG-20200602-125647.jpg

1280w-q95.jpg

cto

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, U-Çan said:

Can anyone here explain to me what is military band and what is cultural PR? 

U-Can, a military band is a group of personnel that performs musical duties for military functions, usually for the armed forces. Being in the band is through audition. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

@U-Çan a military band is unlike the rocker band. It is a musical ensemble.

Reveal hidden contents

A musical ensemble, also known as a music group or musical group, is a group of people who perform instrumental or vocal music, with the ensemble typically known by a distinct name. Some music ensembles consist solely of instruments, such as the jazz quartet or the orchestra.

An Armed Forces of one country has their own branches like Army,  Air Force,  Navy and so on. Mostly these branches have their own military musical ensemble that provides encouragement and comfort to militaries in their respective branches thru musical concerts. From what I know only that Army branch has this but I didn't know that Navy has also. Since my cousin is a trombonist in US army. 

I'm just confused of the differentiation of military band like the pic below and the Cultural Press Relations (CPR) musical band as the account @bogumomo of Twitter has saying about. Maybe this band that Bogum will join is the one that will perform whenever there are events about the strengthening of foreign relations. Lol,  idk also,  I'm gonna ask some Korean friends. 

Well what's important is he'll be in a position where his musical gift will benefit others. That's my consolations. :):wub:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-20200602-131951.jpg

IMG-20200602-132002.jpg

IMG-20200602-132014.jpg

Photos below taken from the news also. The left side must be the piano/keyboard area. 

cto

Sakurafairy, military band specializes traditional music & modernized adaptations of folk songs for performances during concerts. All musicians there are all volunteering & once every 2-months military officers are selected from the enlisted members of the band. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1