Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

44 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

Starting Tuesday with a bad news that Encounter DVD won't be produced. Hiiiiiicsssssssss :crazy:

@tiendoank

I would not like to mention that it might be as expected.

In my opinion, pairing Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo as Male Lead and Female Lead in melodrama with deep love story has already been very singular.

W might have to accept the fact that it is very sensitive for some group of people in Korea and in some countries. 

It is unavoidable, for such group of people, any married female actresses have been limited to the role/character and the genres of dramas/movies.

Encounter / Boyfriend by Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo has been on-air in TV and over 100 countries around the world might be more than dreams come true already. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Dragon

Studio Dragon related to TVN.

Studio Dragon is the developer of Encounter / Boyfriend, is the production house of Asadal Chronicles, related to Kakao M. 

Spoiler

• Like 1

[Interview] Park Bo-gum, the challenge of a sincere actor who has no choice but to be cheered from you.

http://www.breaknews.com/634761

박동제 기자 | 기사입력 2019/02/19 [11:45]
papago naver translation

Break News Reporter Park Dong-je: Park Bo-gum, a beloved actor of all ages, once again gave a thrill to the home theater through his return to the drama, "My Boyfriend."

The TVN drama "The Boyfriend," which gained huge attention due to the meeting between Park Bo-gum and Song Hye-kyo, aired on July 24 with the drama that began with the accidental meeting of Su-hyun (played by Song Hye-kyo) and Jin-hyuk (played by Park Bo-Gum), who had never lived a life of her choice.

In particular, the last viewing rate of "boyfriends" was 8.7 percent on average for paid platform households incorporating cable, IPTV, and satellites, confirming high interest. (Fuel platform national standard/supplied by Nielsen Korea) 

Park Bo-gum, who played the role of Kim Jin-hyuk, a positive young man, in the drama "Boyfriend" after two years since "Love in the Moonlight," has not only revived the play with his unique analog sensibility, but has also been dubbed a "people's boyfriend" with his boundless appeal to viewers.

Actor Park Bo-gum, who was greatly loved for his role as Choi Taek, the role of "Reply 1988," which ended in January 2016, led the syndrome of "Park Bo-gum" with "Love In the  Moonlight."

His more mature performance in "Boyfriend" has made him look forward to further challenges. 

Park Bo Gum, who recently met with "Brake News" at a cafe in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, appeared more relaxed than before.

Of course, the unique courtesy and warm perfect visuals of greeting remained. Why don't you go into the irresistible attraction of true actor Park Bo-gum, who dreams of a constant challenge?

▲ How do you feel after finishing your drama "Boyfriend" in two years since "Love In the Moonlight," which was loved by many people.

Park Bo-gum: "First of all, all actors, staff, etc. are grateful that no one gets hurt and finishes the drama safely. And I am most grateful to the viewers who loved and supported Boyfriend from the first to the last episode.

▲' is Park Bo-gum's first modern play and his first orthodox melodrama. I think you prepared something for Kim Jin Hyuk.

Park Bo-gum: The first time I read the script, I didn't feel very difficult and I didn't feel pressured to play the character Kim Jin-hyuk. I was convinced by myself and I think I didn't have much difficult acting as I was a sympathetic character.

Of course, when I was confused about the situation and emotions of Kim Jin-hyuk in "Boyfriend," I thought I had a lot of conversations with the director. Rather than anything else, he made efforts to express the character of Kim Jin-hyuk through his own. 

When asked what kind of person Kim Jin-hyuk thinks, Jin-hyuk is a very positive person. Many people may see Jin-hyuk as an ordinary person, but personally I think there are no standards for mediocrity.

Jin Hyuk is a person who knows precious things, knows how to love himself, has an open mind to love others because he loves himself, and may love others enthusiastically when he loves them. I thought I had everything I said and tried to act as naturally as possible.

(On the similarities with Kim Jin-hyeok) The serious and positive aspects are actually similar to me. I also try to love myself. I think that I should love to be more inclusive, and that I should love to be able to give that love. I try to do that. The other thing is that Jinhyuk tends to express his love, but I think he's more careful (laughs).

▲ He played the role of "boyfriend" Jin Hyuk, which gave off the charm of Jeong Seok-seok, a boyfriend everyone dreams of. What did you want to see through this role?

Park Bo-gum: Boyfriend's stuff? I don't think Jin-hyuk is an unrealistic character. I also thought he was similar to me. In fact, I might be busy and I can forget a lot of things. And the drama is a mixture of reality and unrealistic aspects that give fantasy. I didn't think Jin-hyuk was an unrealistic character.

Kim Jin-hyuk is a young man in literature, and his frequent destination is the Namsan Library. He was described as an emotional young man, and I also thought he was a very emotional friend. Though some lines are not often used in everyday life, I thought everyone's heart is the same. Since he uses lines that he doesn't usually use, he might have been portrayed as a more special character for some people.

▲Song Hye-kyo and her lover were paired with her through "Boyfriend." What kind of actor did you feel while working together?

Park Bo-gum: The idea that she is CEO Cha Soo-hyun was filled with emotions. Thanks to Song Hye-kyo, I was able to become more involved with Jin-hyuk.

It was an honor to be able to keep working together, and I thought that I was an actor with great concentration and expressive power. When we were shooting "Boyfriend," she expressed her feelings so well that she made me immerse myself in what I felt was Jin Hyuk.

▲What kind of scenes do you feel a little bit sad in "Boyfriend"? I had mixed opinions about the drunken acting.

Park Bo-gum: What was the personal embarrassment? I was ashamed of my drunken acting. The lines were written as they were drawn on "Boyfriends" but it was my first time to act drunk, and I was worried about myself because I had no experience getting drunk.

I also watched the people who were drinking for the scene, but they were all different (laughs). I think the director filled in the parts that I lacked in acting. Of course, there are regrets, and I think we should do well so that we can be more sympathetic in the future.

▲In addition to "Boyfriend" with Song Hye-kyo, Nam-nam chemistry with Ko Chang-seok, Kim Joo-hun, and P.O. were also impressive.

Park Bo-gum: It was really fun to be with (laugh). Ko Chang-seok said, "I have personal connections since I'm with the same agency, but I'm grateful for playing the role of Nam, who always helps Jin-hyuk." I felt great help and learning while working together.

The "Chan's Snail" family, including Kim Joo-heon and P.O., were like brothers. Whenever we met, we hugged each other and were always happy to shoot in a friendly atmosphere. Personally, I was most moved when I was dealing with brotherly stories. Although it wasn't much, I think Jin-hyuk and Jin-myung's brotherly love was a good point in 'Boyfriend.'

▲A drama filmed in Cuba. I know for the first time that a country called Cuba has appeared in dramas. Tell me about filming in Cuba.

Park Bo-gum: It was my first time shooting Cuba, and it was my first overseas location. After filming for about a month, Cuba felt as if it was a country where time had stopped when I stood.

I also thought about the reason why Jin Hyuk chose Cuba, and I thought that it would be nice for anyone to go and I also thought it would be good for a country that everyone would like to go.

And I heard that Cuba is the country that people who take pictures want to visit the most. Jin Hyuk also has a hobby of taking pictures, so I think he made the choice. It was a joyous country and a happy memory.

▲After two years of 'Love In the Moonlight,' he returned as 'Boyfriend'. Why did it take a long time to return to the drama?

Park Bo-gum: 'Love In the Moonlight' ended at the end of 2016, and the year 2017 was devoted to studying. Personally, I wanted to finish school well. I graduated in February of last year. In fact, a lot of people think I had a break, but I think I ran nonstop for 2018.

He also enjoyed the honor of becoming a torchbearer for the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, participated as a part-timer for the real entertainment show "Hyorine Homestay 2," and was busy with "Baeksang Art Award" and "Music Bank" MC. Last year, I felt like time passed really fast for me.

There are things that I've forgotten and missed as time goes by quickly And the time passed quickly, so I was very sad. However, I hope to have a better and more precious time this year.

▲It took me two years to get back to 'Boyfriend'. What do you think the next movie will be? And how long do you expect it to take this time?

Park Bo-gum: No works have been finalized yet. I'm looking at good works, and I think I'll be able to show you a character of different charm later this year than Jin Hyuk. It took two years from "Love In the Moonlight" to "Boyfriend," and I don't think it's going to take that long this time (laughs). 

▲When I think of Park Bo-gum, the good image is the most memorable. Do you have the desire to play the evil role that can be regarded as the opposite point?

Park Bo-gum: I would like to do it if I had the chance, but I still want to play a role that I can understand. Personally, I think that people who understand and sympathize can feel the same way. So I still feel that way.

Of course, if I am not an evil person from birth, but an evil person who has been changed through events and circumstances, I can also challenge myself. And dramas and movies are all about the world. Therefore, even though the role is evil, I hope there is a message in the work.

▲Park Bo-gum, who was born in 1993, still has time to join the military. However, every man in the Republic of Korea must fulfill his duty to the defense. Do you have any plans?

Park Bo-gum: Of course I will go when the time comes. I want to do a good job of the national duty.

▲Since her debut with "Blind" in 2011, she has already become nine years. What is Park Bo-gum's agony?

Park Bo-gum: My problem as an actor is that the more I act, the more difficult I feel. There's no answer. However, I am grateful to hear that I comforted someone or make them enjoy. It seems that an actor can't be satisfied with his acting, and must study constantly. I think I tried to concentrate every minute and do my best when I was in Boyfriend.

I think I've been blessed with a lot so far. I was able to meet good company members, good seniors, good coworkers, good staffs and steadfast fans. I think I could have walked thankfully. I don't know what I'm going to show you in the future but I always want to look for something new.

▲After debuting as "Blind," he appeared in various movies such as "To the End" and "Literacy," but the drama is more important. Do you have any desire for a movie? 

Park Bo-gum: Of course I have. I also want to say hello to the movie. But for me, the message that I want to convey is the most important, not just the drama, but also the movie. It may vary from person to person, but it seems to choose a piece by focusing on the message you want to show in it.

There's a message given throughout the character and the work. That part has the greatest impact on my choice. Message can be an influence that can appeal to someone. I want to make a good movie with such a message (laughs).

▲Boyfriend has been loved by his audiences. What did you learn about your comeback after two years?

Park Bo-gum: I thought there were many things that I could forget while I was busy. But Jinhyuk in "Boyfriend" is a person who has been loved since he was young, and can give his love to himself. I really wanted to learn that while filming this drama.

And I think 'Boyfriend' was a drama that gently touched and defended people's hearts through lines of characters. I was happy to be able to do dramas with the lingering effects of watching

▲Park Bo-gum's future plans are slow.

Park Bo-gum: I think I'll have a fan meeting till April. Of course, it's a busy schedule, but I'm also thinking about seeing the artworks at my spare time. I hope there are a lot of days this year where I can show various performances. I want to leave my current self in dramas and movies.

2019013048139363.jpg

2019013050235653.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

@rahma92

From the soompi news, V BTS has just returned to Korea after World Tour Concert in Japan. The picture of Park Bo Gum and V BTS might be taken today. 

Haha, I do not know any signs/any songs of BTS but the news explained very clear what Park Bo Gum wrote in twitter to express support to his friend and BTS.

Oh really? Actually bts is so popular worldwide.  I was a fan of kpop in the past so I know some of bb/gb tho I'm not a die hard fan anymore. V actually have many celebtrity friends, bogum is one of them. And I think there's many fans who paired v with bogum, eventho they are man :phew:  

Btw thank you for translation, are you from thailand?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

@tiendoank

I would not like to mention that it might be as expected.

In my opinion, pairing Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo as Male Lead and Female Lead in melodrama with deep love story has already been very singular.

W might have to accept the fact that it is very sensitive for some group of people in Korea and in some countries. 

It is unavoidable, for such group of people, any married female actresses have been limited to the role/character and the genres of dramas/movies.

Encounter / Boyfriend by Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo has been on-air in TV and over 100 countries around the world might be more than dreams come true already. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Dragon

Studio Dragon related to TVN.

Studio Dragon is the developer of Encounter / Boyfriend, is the production house of Asadal Chronicles, related to Kakao M. 

its already weird when they opened a survey for dvd cut. Did this happened to another drama? Why they need to do that? Is it because they're not sure to release dvd cut? 

55 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

Oh really? Actually bts is so popular worldwide.  I was a fan of kpop in the past so I know some of bb/gb tho I'm not a die hard fan anymore. V actually have many celebtrity friends, bogum is one of them. And I think there's many fans who paired v with bogum, eventho they are man :phew:  

Btw thank you for translation, are you from thailand?

@rahma92

Bromance in male actors or male idols might come from fans who won't accept the fact that their favorite male celebrities would date any female celebrities or girlfriends in real life.

Male stars with girlfriends or wives might attract much less female fans because fans might feel that their male stars have been occupied, they are not available to be liked anymore. 

The male stars with girfriends/wives might have to express his capabilities in professional career instead. 

However, fans know they are real men who one day such male celebrities would date girlfriends or marry wives. 

Likewise, female stars with boyfriends or husbands might be considered differently by fans.

In addition, both male or female stars with lovers or spouses will be focused by the medias and fans with those lovers' matter, rather than career.

That's why several idols' agencies prohibit dating in the written contract with penalty and some actors/actresses' agencies also prohibit dating too because it would substancially impact their career and the agencies' revenues.

For DVD Cut, I am not sure whether it is official survey. We might feel their tight filming schedule while on-air did not let Casts and Crews have more BTS not being on-air yet.

Plus, selling copyrights to more than 100 countries might generate much more revenue than selling DVD cut. This Encounter / Boyfriend with Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo can avoid conterversial complaints from no more BTS or commentary in melodrama vibe with professional acting by not releasing DVD Cut. 

By the way, yes, I come from Thailand, I have just taken my family to attend Park Bo Gum's fanmeeting 2019 after I have attended his fanmeeting in 2017. 

I have never attended this kind of events before because it might not be my type at all. My family has also never attended this fanmeeting too. 
However, Park Bo Gum's determination and sincere preparation make me wanna attend his coming fanmeeting. 

Park Bo Gum might be one and only star whom I and my family attend fanmeeting in our whole life. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tiendoank said:

Starting Tuesday with a bad news that Encounter DVD won't be produced. Hiiiiiicsssssssss :crazy:

Why are they taking so fast to decide not to produce the DVD? Some countries haven't even aired it yet... :unsure:

Message for Singapore fan meeting... 

Singaporeans are used to the Surname-Firstname form though, he should just keep Park Bo Gum instead of Bo Gum Park :joy:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just now, NongpeeP said:

@rahma92

For DVD Cut, I am not sure whether it is official survey. We might feel their tight filming schedule while on-air did not let Casts and Crews have more BTS not being on-air yet.

Plus, selling copyrights to more than 100 countries might generate much more revenue than selling DVD cut. This Encounter / Boyfriend with Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo can avoid conterversial complaints from no more BTS or commentary in melodrama vibe with professional acting by not releasing DVD Cut.

Such a pity I 'm dying to see bts of this poster :cry:
Tm4TeT7.jpg

Actually encounter didnt get sold to 100 countries but will air in 100 countries, one streaming site like VIKI aired in 18 countries or something. I'm sure they still need money, they even made a script book. why they just dont give us dvd cut? I'm sure there's many NG, they just need to put it. Its felt like they didnt want to share it to us.
Something like this can be put in dvd cut

So you met him twice already? wow you're so lucky. *envy*

I see the worst in Idol fandom :w00t: But I admire PBG friendship with V. they are super busy but still give a time to met each other. Such a friendship goal.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Such a pity I 'm dying to see bts of this poster :cry:

Actually encounter didnt get sold to 100 countries but will air in 100 countries, one streaming site like VIKI aired in 18 countries or something. I'm sure they still need money, they even made a script book. why they just dont give us dvd cut? I'm sure there's many NG, they just need to put it. Its felt like they didnt want to share it to us.
Something like this can be put in dvd cut.

So you met him twice already? wow you're so lucky. *envy*

I see the worst in Idol fandom :w00t: But I admire PBG friendship with V. they are super busy but still give a time to met each other. Such a friendship goal.

@rahma92

Your point is what I tried to say, they might not wanna share NG to us, BTS has been shown at a certain level as we have watched already. 

Separation between the characters and the real actor/actress might be the showing just only the on-air drama. 

We can't know the real reason so I felt your scenario might be valid.

In my life, I might attend just only Park Bo Gum's fanmeeting, in 2017, in 2019, and PBG's more ones. 

Watching Park Bo Gum's performance on stage twice might not just entertain me but he also reminded the value of living that working diligently, preparing determinedly, living positively&thankfully and doing things sincerely will make us no regret and others will feel yours. 

I have no interest in Idols/singers too, BTS might be the only singer I knew from the news with appreciation to be in the actual global level with their continuous attempt and great work attitude.

I read from the news about one of BTS members named RM who is a very witty and wise leader. 

Actually when Park Bo Gum and V BTS met in the Music Bank and made friend, both of them were not as famous as currently, they might be in the rookie status at that time.

It is very amazing that both  Park Bo Gum in acting world and V BTS in singing world can step up to this splendid reputation and they can still remain their friendship in the busy schedule. Park Bo Gum and BTS have just collaborated in Cola CFs too. 

Recently Park Bo Gum interviewed that BTS commented about his Encounter /Boyfriend even they were busy with the World Tour concert.

I am glad to know that in the competitive showbiz, Park Bo Gum has good friends, nice brothers, and respectable seniors.  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1299365wpp/park-bo-gum-reveals-dating-style-btss-comments-encounter

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/01/park-bo-gum-shares-what-bts-members-said-about-his-drama-boyfriend

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1