Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

On 8/30/2019 at 2:33 AM, summer2017 said:

Actually I discussed with my friends. We won't really know what's his true self. But he said he is most similar to Taekkie. In some ways I agree, but there are times he's really cute and funny. Like how he asked the birthday girls to look below their chairs during the 8th anniversary event and there was nothing. 

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't think he seems like Taek in real life...After watching his variety shows that's when I thought "he's a really good actor" because he had a completely different body language when he was being Taek (or his other characters). The way he walked and moved was super different and not many actors change their whole body language according to a character they play. And then in comparison to Taek in all the variety shows and interviews PBG never seems shy or socially awkward like Taek -  sometimes he seems quiet and calm, but more often he's funny and full of energy. I also felt like with Taek he was able to convey a really complex duality of boyish clumsiness but at the same time a very mature/self confident/manly sense that made his character stand out to me. I would have never liked the character Taek if he had been just a clumsy, shy genius, but PBG managed to give him this complexity that was super fascinating. But then when I saw him in the reality shows he was always his bright self and never reminded me of Taek, because that whole heavy thing that Taek seemed to have is just gone like a glove he took off. I mean, of course he has that in him otherwise it would probably be difficult to act this because I think some vibes are impossible to act out. But maybe you understand what I mean?

Speaking of his acting: With the Crown Prince, he had this very convincing arrogant/cocky vibe that PBG lacks in any of his "real self" appearances. If you compare it to the character in Encounter, who is also sometimes a bit playfully cocky, it's still so different. With Lee Yeong the cockiness was like a protection, with Jin Hyuk it was just to tease or take tension off a situation - and PBG managed to make this difference very noticeable. I find that impressive because it's a very nuanced acting, especially when I compare it to other popular K-actors (I don't want to mention names, but most have the same feeling/vibe that they bring to every character they play).  
But to me Lee Min in I Remember You and also the character from Coinlocker Girl stand out a lot because in both cases he wasn't the main lead or had that much screen time but in the short time he had he managed to leave such a strong impression (or steal the show). In the Coinlocker Girl 

Spoiler

his expression when he was being attacked was so amazing. No fear or panic, but anger and defiance. That made the character stand out so much to me.

Anyway, I went on a rant but what I wanted to say was that I never felt like PBG seemed a lot like Taek in any of his real self appearances, he is way too bright, open and easy going which seems to me actually like a contrast to the Taek character. In YOF he was the most like Taek but I also had the impression that this had more to do with the other guys? I don't know why but in the other variety shows he seemed a lot more self confident, even though he was hanging out with people who were much older than him or complete strangers. In YOF I had the impression that the other guys kind of treated him like he was Taek and he seemed more like Taek because of that (I don't know if that makes sense). 

He said he has a bit of every character of his in him (well, aside of Min's I guess lol) and that makes a lot of sense, if you mix them all it would probably be the closest to his self (that we get to see).

Lol okay rant over! :D

• Love 1

5 hours ago, rahma92 said:

There's two types of Bogum's Shinhan card. 

His expressions on the cards would make me feel bad for spending money lol...on the one one he looks like he's judging me for wasting my money again on things I don't need. On the other one he looks like he gave up already bc I keep spending anyway :sweat_smile: 

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, juliii said:

and PBG managed to make this difference very noticeable. I find that impressive because it's a very nuanced acting, especially when I compare it to other popular K-actors (I don't want to mention names, but most have the same feeling/vibe that they bring to every character they play).  

Very trueee. Park bogum always have different vibe with all his characters in his drama. When he's doing YTlive, you will spot the difference between Park bogum and Jinhyuk or Park bogum and Lee young or Park bogum and Choi taek. It didnt felt the same. 

P1JbiXR.gif

even when he laugh, he laugh differently.

zTMmYKq.gif

9T27Rb2.gif

He is such versatile actor not just because he always taking different character in his every drama, but its because he showing us a totall different person even from his real self

Spoiler

And I heard his character in seobok will be different with all his previous character. Cant wait!!!

• Like 1

The Coke and Meal TV CF will be released this month.

Welcome to the thread, @U-Can! I like your profile name. It's a summary of the verse Bogummy posted in his Twitter profile. 

Reading your posts about Bo Gum's personality @summer2017, @rahma92, @juliii. I want to join in but lately RL has been short of crazy ( in a good way because of work and other tasks) but will give my 2 cents worth when I have time.:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Reading your posts about Bo Gum's personality @summer2017, @rahma92, @juliii. I want to join in but lately RL has been short of crazy ( in a good way because of work and other tasks) but will give my 2 cents worth when I have time.:)

Waiting for that :D

So after Anne curtis, another pretty woman: Miss universe Thailand said her fav Asian man is Park bogum from love in the moonlight 

Ok bogum fangirls always in another level, I cant compete with them :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

On 8/25/2015 at 7:37 PM, Guest maiwun said:

TyjHWYq.png

I love how he's so consistent! hahah

Anyways, you guys know KBSworld has the english subbed ones on their channel right? I was planning on making cuts for it regularly with KBS World's english subs but I'm too busy to do that now x( 

From 2015.05.23 onwards is Irene and Bogum so you can check out their playlist~

Sometime ago I did make a cut for their first stage though which you can watch here if you're interested haha

@ilchul and we should give that contest a shot!! o v o

Thank you very much for the video. I can now watch his first time in Mubank...

Since I know him just after Encounter, and I have watched Reply 88, MDBTC and IRY, can't wait to read these next thread's page about Taek and the prince..

Great job everyone.

I am so glad finding these thread and decided to follow it, thank you for the video of his first talk show too..

Greetings from Indonesia

♡♡

Edited by U-Çan

SBS Star

Park Bo Gum Flutters One Lucky Fan's Heart with His Words at a Fan Signing Event

Published Tue Jul 16 17:38:00 KST 2019 
Updated Tue Jul 16 17:38:00 KST 2019Park Bo Gum Flutters One Lucky Fan's Heart with His Words at a Fan Signing Event
Actor Park Bo Gum totally made one fan's day recently.

On July 13, Park Bo Gum's fan signing event took place at Lotte Department Store in Myeong-dong, Seoul.

On this day, 100 lucky fans were invited to the fan signing event.

Park Bo Gum

Out of these 100 lucky fans though, there was this girl who turned out to be the luckiest one.

When it was her turn to get an autograph from Park Bo Gum, she quickly went over the things that she wanted to say to him as there was only a short time for her to have a chat with him.

What she wanted to do was to tell Park Bo Gum that she thought he was cute in an unconventional way.

Park Bo Gum

After saying hi to Park Bo Gum, the fan said to him, "Oppa, I have a message for you. Could you first say 'nu', then 'na'?"

Park Bo Gum answered, "Sure. 'Nu'?", then she asked, "'Nu'ga yeogiseo jaeil guiyeopjo? (who is the cutest person here?)"

She was expecting him to say 'na' ('na' means 'me' in Korean) next, which would have made Park Bo Gum say he was the cutest person there himself.

Park Bo Gum

However, her plan failed as Park Bo Gum immediately read what she was trying to do.

Instead of saying 'na', Park Bo Gum smiled and said her name instead.

She started to panic and said, "No, no. This was not... I mean I was trying to get you to say..."

Park Bo Gum continued to smile and repeated, "OO is the cutest person here.", and even wrote that down on the signing paper.

Park Bo Gum

The fan shared this story after the fan signing event and commented, "I'm crying. The stress that built up on me this week is gone thanks to you, Bo Gum!"

Her story went viral online, and other fans are still unable to stop going on about how lucky she was.

https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1005354538&cmd=amp&plink=REL&cooper=SBSNEWSAMP

• Like 2

SBS Star

Fans Are Surprised to Discover Park Bo Gum Has Manly Hands that Contrast to His Cute Face

Lee Narin

Published Wed Sep 04 18:30:00 KST 2019 
Updated Wed Sep 04 18:30:00 KST 2019Fans Are Surprised to Discover Park Bo Gum Has Manly Hands that Contrast to His Cute Face

Another charm has just been added to actor Park Bo Gum's list of charms, and that is his masculine hands.

Recently, Park Bo Gum's hands randomly became a hot topic of conversation online.

It all started when one fan stated that Park Bo Gum had surprisingly masculine hands.

Then, other fans dug up some photos of Park Bo Gum that showed his hands to see if this fan's statement was true.

Park Bo Gum

That was when they realized Park Bo Gum in fact had big and muscly hands, which they had somehow failed to notice before.

This came as a shock to them, because Park Bo Gum has such a cute and innocent-looking face that they had not expected him to have manly hands.

Park Bo Gum

His hands made him look at least ten times sexier that they are making his fans' hearts flutter hard.

Upon finding out this new fact about Park Bo Gum, they commented, "Oh my! I think I'm falling for him even more now.", "Sooooo hot!", "Wow, he does have very manly hands. I love them!", and so on.https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1005424228&cmd=amp&news_id=N1005424228&__twitter_impression=true

• Awesome 1