Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

17 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

@summer2017: You might be here!

I like videos that show the ones attending the fan meet or talk concert! :)

Welcome, @willenette!

gumtaek, again, I do agree with you - I love attending FM rather than actual concerts. Maybe because FM involves 40% or less than 40% of performances & 60% interaction with fans. More talk segment, interviews, playing games, Q & A, skits... During FM, you get to see their playful side. Fan meeting is where they get to play around more & not really focus on giving their best in performing. You get to watch them do songs medley or even switching songs for fun.  Because the main purpose of fan meeting is to get closer to the fans.  :P

• Like 3

They're saying in the comments that this video was taken at the hotel Sofitel in Manila. 

Also, IG user bogum_carpediem has posted more parts of the YT-Live with Eng translations. The part were he's like 'wrong' and putting the notes aside was funny! But I wonder.. how can he read them so fast to see that these were questions or phrases he wanted to avoid / not read aloud? Lol 

Maybe someone marked them for him or something, or maybe he has a special 'fast reading' talent ha

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Floraison said:

Bogummy is really the sweetest person, trying hard to remember every fan's name, doing a hi-touch with every single fan who attended along with all the personalised gifts.

I'm confused... why is he trying to remember fans' names? Is this something expected in Korean Fandom? :blink: 

He has tens of thousands of fans though... Am I misunderstanding that question? 

More photos :D

99C4964B5D55699A02

9955C44B5D55699B43

9989FF375D556D310D

Spoiler

99E61A4B5D55699C12

• Like 2

@Floraison he's really rocking that white t-shirt huh :wub:

Korean and International fans are tweeting this #30DAYS_BG_CHALLENGE

EB_JJ1_U4AA39-i?format=png&name=900x900

And Japanese fans are tweeting this site:

http://www.bihann.com/cast/754.html

He's currently #10 for the whole male actor category and #4 for the age 20s category. Voting is once every 10 hours or so. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, autumnight said:

I'm confused... why is he trying to remember fans' names? Is this something expected in Korean Fandom? :blink: 

It's not something that is expected in any particular fandom. He is the only one I know that is very diligent in remembering fans' names because he treasures all his fans. His astounding memory is also what amazes fans because there are many examples of him remembering a fan's name or face even after a year or two has passed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, autumnight said:

Reveal hidden contents

99E61A4B5D55699C12

Annyeong chingus, 

Bogummy is totally a different actor in a very, very good way but sometimes I think fans has become more demanding and pushing of how he should live his life as an actor.  Good thing he is a straightforward person but still polite. He addressed the issues about everything honestly,  directly, and politely. Fans should know when and where to draw the line. If the love we are giving and showing become an obsession then it's not good for Bogum.  

I hope fans will have a more open mind to know which way is better and will not mark this to be a reason to leave his fandom. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, autumnight said:

Reveal hidden contents

99E61A4B5D55699C12

Hi autumnight, thanks for sharing this. I guess Bogum is by nature a very sweet & warm  person wanting to do this. Not all K-actors/Idols are expected to do this. Remembering names is also important because people will feel they are important to you if their name is remembered; it makes people feel valued and encourages them to be more comfortable working or speaking with you. ... By using someone's name and remembering it, it shows a greater connection to who that person is. I know most of them remember fan faces. But, fan names, I'm sure it's very hard & struggling for them.  :P

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Bogummy is totally a different actor in a very, very good way but sometimes I think fans has become more demanding and pushing of how he should live his life as an actor.  Good thing he is a straightforward person but still polite. He addressed the issues about everything honestly,  directly, and politely. Fans should know when and where to draw the line. If the love we are giving and showing become an obsession then it's not good for Bogum.  

Very well said.

I don't think remember all his fans name is necessary, fans always come and go, I don't want him to get hurt in the end.

But still he is Park Bogum, didnt he always trying to remember everyone name before? (The staff, reporter)  I think this kind behaviour is already in his blood. :D 

I mean he is the same guy who bother fixing someone slippers

WzwFO

Like what @willenette said, remembering his fans name is mean alot for his fans. Its make us felt close and important to him.

but I just want his fans to remember Park Bogum as our idol and not our friend, no matter how friendly he is with his fans. So yeah don't ask too much for him, especially demanding him with something he don't want to. Hope his fans understand their limit. 

Its funny seeing the girls giggling over him and the guy cant stop glancing at him :D

j02uhcw.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

16 hours ago, juliii said:

They're saying in the comments that this video was taken at the hotel Sofitel in Manila. 

Yes it was taken at Sofitel in Manila. It was after the press conference. I heard from my friends who saw him there. It was really hot but he put on a suit. Means he had planned to do this anniversary celebration very early. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

I hope fans will have a more open mind to know which way is better and will not mark this to be a reason to leave his fandom.

@Sakurafairy love what you wrote! It's true that some fans get more and more demanding. I find it really amazing how he addressed all these things regarding fans' behavior because he was very nice about it but made it clear what was important to him and actually to his acting career. It must be very difficult to concentrate on your role and your job as an actor when there are many distracting fans on set. I hope these fans got this and will avoid following him there. 
But I also find this a great example of how to communicate well with people about things that are bothering you :) I get nervous of doing this with just one person, so I find it impressive how confident he is to do it with so many people. It's sort of inspiring for me :rolleyes:

Btw he looks so good in a plain white T-shirt!! :love:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Whoa! Bogummy really has foresight planning as far as his 2017 and 2019 fan meetings and this 8th Anniversary Talk Concert are concerned!  Filming in Cuba, showing snippets of his 2019 Season's Greetings BTS and now even filming in between preparing and holding the fan meetings! Will save the ones taken in Sofitel.:)

Metro Manila (equivalent of Seoul) ratings of Encounter on Aug. 15 was 15.5%. I hope it reaches 20%. The schedule is a little late, 9:30 p.m., and Filipinos normally sleep early as they have to leave for work and school early the following day.

Happy to see that there are more and more campers in Bo Gum's Soompi thread!:)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Floraison said:

Listening to/reading what he said makes me feel sad that he has been inconvenienced at the movie set

Again and again this behavior has to stop. At first the cafe put up a notice saying not to go to his filming sites, yet now Bo Gum has to come up to explain to fans personally. If they are really his fans, they should understand that this behavior makes it very uncomfortable and inconvenient for him and the crew. 

@gumtaekis Encounter aired at 10pm on weekday nights? The ratings look really good! 

Translation on letter size for Bogummy. 

• Like 2