Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

17 hours ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

Joining your conversation --- @rahma92 @gumtaek    I think and believe -   The fact himself he is "PARK BO GUM" is equalizing to being the top hallyu star.  Pointing and emphasizing about "PBG is bigger than his dramas" is I think a correct statement also because based on what we observed even after  two years of without drama or movie he still proved himself to be in Korea's Forbes Power Celebrity List because of his full schedule of endorsements and although he became low in standing but still he was there. :wub::wub::wub:                                                                                                 

On the other side @rahma92 about having a big hallyu drama in his pocket is I think and I also believe MDBC is a big hallyu drama in his pocket already . Wiki described it as "domestic and overseas hit" and the press referred to its influence as the "Moonlight Syndrome". When I read the Reception Part of MDBC Wiki it stated all there how it was,  I believe became a "top hallyu drama".  This drama has  branded him as the "Park BoGum genre" or "Park BoGum is a genre" based on Kim PD of MDBC interview with Yonhap (The article is about Park BoGum snapped into role two months into filming: PD said). In terms of rating it has a pretty solid rating although compare to DOTS highest rated episode  it is lower but still it has a solid rating. R88 is a big hit also but it has a group casting and a group story.  So I think in MDBC as the lead actor he already proved himself as top hallyu star in one way or another.                                                                                   

My analysis and observation of your past statements about  'top hallyu drama in a pocket" (correct me if I'm wrong)  here is you are eyeing for PBG to be in the list of the renowned Screen Writer Kim Eun Sook. If in the future he will be chosen by this great SW it will be an honor to his part because of the record of KES and since acting is not a problem with him anymore this drama "to be" would be an excellent collaboration between PBG and KES. Who knows, even SJK with DOTS is not the first choice of this project.  Lots of great actors declined it already before coming to the hand of Ki. I hope this collaboration will be materialized in the future because we know the caliber of this screen writer. If that collaboration will happen in the future and will become a HIT domestically and Internationally then it will become an ADDED LIST of " top hallyu drama in his pocket " :D:D:D                                                                                                                 

I hope for Bogummy to be recognized in formal award giving body like Baeksang or Blue Dragon not by being popular but because of his excellent acting ability because he has the great potentials and we know that he can do it. He just needs to choose a suitable and challenging projects that would bring him to the stage of recognition. B)B)B)

Hello @Glycie Manongsong For more explanation of "PBG is bigger than his dramas" : Other actors need a monster rating to make korean going crazy about him. Like Kim soohyun with TMTETS (rating hit 40%), and Hyunbin with Secret Garden (Rating hit 30%), but Park Bo gum just need MDBC (Rating hit 23%) to make a syndrome in korea :wub:  (a drama who reached 30-40% absolutely will bring their actor into their peak, because its so rare for a drama to reach that rating) That year, there's many drama who reached 20% but the actors didnt get the same amount popularity. Park Bogum reached Song joongki and Gongyoo's level who actually have better rating than his drama.

Article: Park Bogum recreates the 'Yonsama' craze... female fans in fifties-seventies go crazy for him

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

1. [+154, -13] His popularity has risen to Kim Soo Hyun's level and his image is like Lee Seung Gi's... that's amazing

copas from http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/10/park-bogum-captivates-fans-from-teens.html

Thats why I thought there's many people even in korea who still not watched his drama yet, but still becomes his fans, I know its weird but we know that PBG famous with his attitude and pure personality too (like Lee seunggi).

Idk which one more popular international reply 1988 or MDBC, but I want to give both drama credit for PBG's Popularity as a hallyu star, because for what I know, his co-star didnt get the same amount popularity like him internationally. Thats why we need to mentioned both of his drama. And btw the first time I know him, I recognized him as a guy from reply 1988. 

:sweatingbullets: hehehe I'm not hoping that PBG will be in kim eunsook drama, actually Kim eunsook drama not my cup of tea. Its true tho she always have fresh idea, but its hard for me to finished her drama (I love goblin because of the male lead).

I just want him to have a big hallyu drama in his pocket, and if I can picked one writer for him, I want him to work with Park Hye-Ryun (Pinnochio) or Park jie eun (MLFAS).

He actually popular for his acting ability too, and we dont need an award to make sure about that. Public know him as a versatile actor,  its enough for me. 

[naver] FROM REPLY TO MOONLIGHT... CHRONICLE OF PARK BOGUM'S ACTING

Posted on September 08, 2016

fbuRGzXou0TKeU5KJa4JciMKkAwm4JqldBbpQERSfwJYa2XDx-OGQvqQvi1j6cKdCgU-aM23ENnWiE-j5ZSKjBzuucCdl3EJmToaFGh8hxxHQ3rR0iPUkZbr1Wh2Cox735qIRc--jP39rhN8hGvEBh96Y3oyNLSHiTa1wgg9UQfPU2BhEUwyHQ=s0-d
post response: +4.165
df.bmp
original post: here

1. [+8111,-215]
Bogumie is love

2. [+6030, -188]
Park Bogum's personality and face are all perfectㅠㅠ♥

3. [+5870, -184]
He's just a cool guy...He became the guy that everyone wants to become

4. [+5336, -186]
I can always sense his next work being fun

5. [+4784, -187]
Park Bogum is love...❤️

6. [+1309, -60]
Park Bogum, you overlook his visuals because he's so good at acting. As an actor, his potentials are amazing. I like the fact that he built himself up from supporting roles. He's already the trend right now, but I hope he'll become even more trendy. I really wish him to hit bigger

7. [+1291, -58]
Park Bogum's gaze is his strongest weapon, since he can convey his emotions through his gaze, you easily get immersed by him

8. [+1164, -47]
He's only 24 years old. The things that Park Bogum can show as an actor seem to be limitless. I agree with the journalist nim, I'm always curious about the next role that Park Bogum will take and of course I'm always looking forward ^^ I'm having fun watching Moonlight now

9. [+1092, -49]
Girls normally like guys with big hands, who are tall and with a deep voice. But this guy is even perfect at acting too. He'll be amazing in a psychopath's role

10. [+1065, -55]
Ahㅠㅠㅠ I'm looking forward to Sunday because of Moonlight, I like Park Bogum so much♥♥

https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2016/09/naver-from-reply-to-moonlight-chronicle.html

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Objectively speaking, Bo Gum is very popular in many Asian Countries, not only in SK and Japan. A case in point was his 2019 Bangkok fanmeet, together with the crazy reception on his arrival and the equally crazy send-off at 1 a.m. (!) at the airport! This was a repeat of what happened when he had his 2017 fanmeets in Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, etc. both in the fanmeet venue and the airport and his successful 2017 fanmeets in Taiwan, Singapore, and Hongkong.

Of course, popularity is a good thing but we know it doesn't last. He himself knows it fully well. Bo Gum is very grounded: In a post-MDBC interview, he said that his goal is not fame but rather that through his acting, he will give positive influence to others. This is not verbatim. He said it more beautifully. He also said that he will enjoy it while it lasts but he will not make it his goal in life.This is why I stan him because he, despite his fame, has a good head on his shoulders. He has the wisdom of a sage and knows how to direct and conduct his life. He knows what, in the end, matters in life. I have to say that, as a fan, I have been spoiled by Bo Gum's success in dramas, in surveys and polls, by his insane popularity and it has, I have to admit, conditioned me to want the situation not to changed or to want him to soar even further in popularity. I then realized that I need to go back to very reasons I started stanning him regardless of his popularity: first, it was because of his upstanding persona: his clean and bright image and second, because of his incredible acting skills. 

Scriptbook was bland? The scriptbook contains the drama's screenplay, right? I don't know about all of you but scripts or screenplays, in general, aren't really interesting reads because of their skeletal dialogue format. Unlike books,  they leave out a lot of interesting and exciting details that would required skillful acting and directing. If we watched Encounter, we saw the phenomenon being set to life.

A melodrama has a slow-burn plot. It is "mellow" after all. The whole drama was faithful to its genre: not fast-paced nor highly stimulating. In fact, one thing lollypip of dramabeans appreciated about the drama was that it never went the "makjang" route just to scintillate or attract many viewers who are biased toward fast-paced dramas. It was true to its genre.

If we really watched the drama---I say this because during the drama's airing those who criticized it didn't really watch the drama or lacked the necessary knowledge to appreciate the melodrama genre---if we watched it understanding the genre's elements, we will conclude that it's well-written, quality drama.

I missed out tweeting and posting here an article critique of the drama after its airing describing Encounter as a "high-quality, top-grade" authentic melodrama where acting and directing shone, not the mention,  its outstanding cinematography and good musical

direction. The points mentioned in the article critique proved that Bo Gum made a good choice in taking it on this drama. 

The scriptwriter, admittedly, didn't have a good reputation with regard her past dramas. I didn't watch these so I really cannot say much about them except than these had very low ratings. However, she penned some very successful films one of which was Miracle Cell No.7, one of the highest-grossing Korean films. 

More than the scriptwriter,  Bo Gum cares about the script as he has said in his Esquire Magazine interview. He said he reads the script thoroughly before deciding on a project. We also know that he abides by a set of criteria or principles when choosing roles. I respect him for that. 

Thats why I'm just being greedy here. Of course Bogum can choose every project he want, and I will still supported him no matter what. 

I followed many actors before,  and I know that there's many trending actors every year. Of course Bogum didnt need to become insanely popular like how he is now, his name didnt need to mention in every reality show (eventho I felt proud of him when they mentioned his name :P) I just want him to have a stable's name. Because why? when you counted as a big actor in SK, you will get many script offered, its mean high budget drama and big writer.

About encounter I'm not talking about the drama, I'm talking about the script. People who already read it, saying that the script is too bland, the actors or the director put adlibs in many parts, thats why the drama felt kinda different with the script. About 'mellow' part of course its just about taste. Many people didnt like a slow-burn drama and prefer a makjang-type, yes we cant force them to love encounter. I actually a big fan of this writer, thats why I'm not worried when PBG picked her script. What make me sad about this drama, its not about the story, but because its gained so many hate for nonsense reason. 

Spoiler

When Encounter aired, many of sjk's fans make a fun of bogum with their meme which totally not funny for me. I even realized many of SJK's fans talking bad about Bogum now, its so sad :cry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@rahma92: Yup! Several articles wrote that Bo Gum confirmed but among these Naver or Daum articles, there is one that says in close parenthesis (Official Position) That article say "Bo Gum is expected (not confirmed) to join the project."

Spoiler

I think the haters were mostly shippers.

@mellinadear: Before he confirmed for Encounter, several articles came out saying he was positively reviewing it. The mere fact that they announced that filming will begin in April makes it almost a done deal. This director is amazingly tenacious in getting Bo Gum casted in the movie project...2 years! Which meant 2 years of script revision to get him to say yes...so I think it's matter of time before Bo Gum confirms.

@Glycie Manongsong: Thanks for reminding me of that PD Comment that "Park Bo Gum himself is a genre." Enough said.:)

@dukesa1122: Wish I could help but I have no idea how they choose nominees for the Soompi Awards.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

*** For Asia Tour Kuala Lumpur, that tickets for the events are divided into RM 390, RM 490, RM 590, and RM 690 (excluding RM 4 processing fee). The tickets on sale at https://goo.gl/E44asw. More information about the event can be found in the AC Music Entertainment Malaysia Facebook page.

Seating+Plan.jpg

Korean actor Park Bo Gum to visit PH in April

20190228_bogum.jpg

MANILA — South Korean actor Park Bo Gum is set to meet his fans in the Philippines on April 27, his agency announced on Thursday.

In a Facebook post, Blossom Entertainment revealed more dates for the "Love in the Moonlight" star's 2019 Asian tour, which includes the date for the Manila leg.

In a separate post, Ovation Productions revealed that the event will take place at the Mall of Asia Arena. Ticketing details have yet to be announced.

The 25-year-old actor kicked off his Asian tour in Seoul last January 26. He is also set to make stops in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Taiwan.

Bo Gum rose to popularity in the country as the male lead in the period drama "Love in the Moonlight," which aired on ABS-CBN.

He recently starred in the drama "Encounter" opposite actress Song Hye Kyo, another top Hallyu (Korean wave) star.

source : ABS-CBN NEWS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for my foray into your paradise. I read some of your last comments and I wanted to say something about it.

My feeling is that sometimes you do not have the full perception of how important Park Bo Gum is for Korean culture ...

I'm  European and I'm not a fanatic of k-dramas or Korean actors ... I approached this world a little thanks to the proximity between some dramas and the japanese manga, of which I am an avid reader since I was a child (in my country all the children have grown accompanied by japanese anime) ... I have never seen, and not I'm not even going to see,  some of the most talked dramas, nominated in this latest discussion, like TMTETS, DOTS, TLAGG, they have plots that do not excite my curiosity and, even knowing the actors who played in these dramas, they do not have never aroused my interest either from a physical point of view or recitative... Then.. One day, three years ago,  I accidentally came across in "I remember you" (Monster) and I was literally kidnapped by the character of Min and by the actor's interpretation, Park Bo Gum... It had never happened to me before... not with a asian actor... Also I noted he has a very rare beauty... So I started to care about  his person (of Bogummy) and his work, to understand who he was, I saw his other dramas and at the end I loved all his lead roles...

2016090801455_0.jpg

.. after, I started to follow him professionally in other fields... the music (I already booked Bloomin on Amazon),  Music Bank, for example, or Hyori's Homestay...

Spoiler

Today I find myself here, after having attended another forum, always because of him and I say: Park Bo Gum is a national treasure for Korea... He should be protected... He is such a talented actor... and a person so charming... No doubt, today he is successful and is known... Sometimes I happened to ask informations about him to ladies or Korean gentlemen met by chance and everyone has spoken so highly of him, not only because he was handsome or good at his job, but also because he has a good personality and polite manners with everyone, so represents the ideal korean man... The Boyfriend/Encounter drama may not have had the highest rating of other dramas, but, being a romantic drama, without a lot of emotional issues or special effects, broadcast on a cable network.... and with some interesting intellectual games... I think it was a success!!And even more I think it's a success the cultural influence it is having ... I hope I can soon go to Korea to visit those beautiful places or read the translated books that Jin Hyuk read...

Spoiler

His kindness should make school and the men should be inspired by him... stop the rude manners, because  a man it is not must judged by the level of roughness ... Park Bo Gum is a model of man and artist, must be loved and respected ... But it is normal that more are his fame and  highest the honor, even greater is the jealousy and envy that affecting him (yet I think it is not so easy to feel negative attitudes towards him... it takes a lot of effort and an inborn wickedness)... Again about Jin Hyuk, his positive attitude, his smile, are really comforting and I often see scenes of the drama just to relax...

98868410-6df7-4397-a87c-a1481e86be09

I conclude... Excuse me if I have written so much. I add that I hope he accept the role in that movie "Seo Bok", it seems interesting, it reminds me of one of my favorite movies, "Blade Runner"...

Thank you for the sharing of this article:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/10/park-bogum-captivates-fans-from-teens.html

• Love 7

15 hours ago, gumtaek said:

@autumnight: I'm posting an English Transcription of the video you posted. By the way, does Google Translate really translate to English Bo Gum's Japanese interview that well? I use it but translation results really leave much to be desired.:) I thought I was the only one. I've been finding it difficult to log on the past 2-3 days, too.

I edited the confusing parts and replace their variations of "ginyook" "jinyook" "ginyuku" with Jin Hyuk :joy: I think the biggest problem with Japanese - English translation is the pronouns because Japanese mostly don't use pronouns and google insist on adding random pronouns to complete the sentence lol 

I didn't translate the article from scratch because the interview questions looked similar enough with the ones he's done before. When the sentences are not too complex or long, the google translation is pretty close, albeit with awkward phrasings... :lol:

Another interview by Shimkun❤Hanryu (Korean Style)... (the cover was posted here some posts ago)

Translated by me and google translate..

This one uses more complex sentences and google translate was gibberish at least half the translation :sweatingbullets:

https://hominis.media/category/overseas/post3357/?utm_source=SNS&utm_medium=tw&utm_campaign=sptv_hanryu&utm_content=20190227_simukun

"Angel 's smile" What is a healing place for Park Bogum ? | Simkun ♥ Korean style

D0dJdd6UcAAN_3L.jpg

Park Bogum appears again in Shimkun ❤ Hanryu! We listened to the story behind the drama "Boyfriend (Original)"!

- He went on a drama for the first time in 2 years with the drama "Boyfriend (Original)". He plays a young man Jin Hyuk who falls in love with heroine · Soo Hyun who is higher in position and age than himself. During the drama, the so - called "Hong Dong art museum" (I think this refers to Hongjecheon @ Hongjaedong) where the two of you went out dating became a hot topic.

"It's a really wonderful place. I've passed it before, but I have never observed the pictures carefully before. You can appreciate the pictures slowly and you can exercise there, so I would recommend it as a dating place. When it gets warmer, I would like you to go there."

- When something happens, Jin Hyuk would go to the park near his house to think. For Mr. Bogum, where is the "healing place"?

"Uchi (home)! My home. As expected, the house I live with my family brings the most healing for me. My heart feels warm from the moment I walk through the entrance."

- In the drama, beautiful lines, persuasive lines, sympathetic lines were interwoven.

"Yes, there were lots of very emotional phrases, and I think people in Japan will like this work for sure."

- What was the most impressive line?

"In the dialogue of Chief Nam (Ko Chang Seok)," No matter how much money you have, the years will pass quickly. Because the flow of time is fast, I want the two of you to cherish your time together and live a more happy life." This message warmed my heart and I want to convey this to a lot of people."

- Jin Hyuk confesses to Soo Hyun that "he wishes to be a meaningful person  to her". We do not confess this way in Japan ........

"Really? How do you usually confess? (Laugh)"

- I think we use common words such as "I like you" or "Please be my girlfriend".

"I see. I felt this confession was very characteristic of Jin Hyuk. It felt fresh to me. I thought it was a nice confession."

- Will you use it in the future?

"A meaningful person ... Maybe ...... I think this confession works because it was Jin Hyuk who said it (lol)"  (Me: so I guess Bogum will not be using it :joy:)

- The teaching of Jin Hyuk's father "The money earned by the body is precious" was also word that strikes home. Is there a teaching from your father that you still remember and follows closely, even now?

"Be humble".  I try to always remember this.

- It is difficult to always "be humble".

"Yes, I feel like I need to put in effort sometimes... I always pray so that I do not forget my initial intention. I think when I feel happiness and gratitude for the work I am doing now, I am remembering the feelings of humility.

- What is the love between Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk like?

"A love that complements each other's missing parts and listen to each other's story. I think that it was such a romance."

- Please tell me your favorite scenes in their romantic scenes.

"It is the scene where we have a video call. We filmed at a different time, in a different place, but thanks to editing, it became a nice scene. It was a scene that makes me feel Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk are just like a couple in reality. It makes my fluttered. The other scene is in the company lobby where Jin Hyuk summoned up his courage and he went to Soo Hyun to say "Let's go and eat ramen”. I think this scene was really cool. The words that followed that scene was, "I do not know exactly what this emotions of mine is but I will not make you feel sad, this is my feeling". I thought that these words expresses Jin Hyuk's character. "

- It was a really cool scene! Was it filmed without NG during shooting?

"I think I got an OK after one take. I'm the type to put in effort to concentrate on important scenes. But, my mind have blanked out before, when the feeling of "I absolutely want to do well" gets too intense.

- For the first time in your work, you played an "office worker", how was the role of a "company employee"?

"(In Japanese) It was interesting. Desk work itself - acting while sitting at the desk- was a lot of fun. Of course, it depends on the character. It was also fun to do the check in / check out with the customers at the front desk. I would like to do it again if I have the opportunity. "

- How do you usually spend your time in the hotel?

"I think I do the same thing as everyone else ....... Sometimes I watch movies and if there's a gym I go to exercise. I went in Japan as well."

- Are you training your body?

"Rather than training, I am doing it for my health. It feels good to sweat."

--Finally. Please tell us the highlights of the drama.

"The story begins with a fateful encounter between Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk in Cuba. I have heard that this is the first Korean Drama that films in Cuba. I think you will enjoy the beautiful scenery and emotions of Cuba. In addition, as a result of their encounter Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun will experience their first love, pains, and trials. The two characters growing through their experiences is also something to look forward to."

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

A congratulatory message to the freshmen of his alma mater.

@autumnight: Super thanks for the wonderful translated interview! The questions were really great! I'll ask your permission to tweet several of his responses, giving you credit for them.

@rahma92: I am guessing that it could be for Bo Gum's Winix Air Purifier CF which will be released this month.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Hmmm, I have to figure out if this was a congratulatory message to the graduates or a welcome message to the freshmen of his alma mater.

@autumnight: Super thanks for the wonderful translated interview! The questions were really great! I'll ask your permission to tweet several of his responses, giving you credit for them.

The people in twitter are saying it's the welcome message for 2019 batch...

Bogummy looks well-rested... His face is looking so smooth and shiny :lol: 

You are welcome to use the translation @gumtaek :kiss_wink:

A short segment for video-on-demand site BS11 spotlighting Bo Gum in MDBC and his singer debut song Bloomin'. 

Japanese fans are trying to get K-Con to invite Bo Gum... (takes place in May 17th, 18th 19th)

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1