Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

On 1/2/2019 at 7:47 AM, rahma92 said:

Hai @gumtaek I hope you enjoying your holiday! :D

Dont worried much about the rating. I know its become a big burden because both is really popular, but isnt it still high for tvn? tho I really hope its reached two digit again. 

Agreed with this. I think this is the reason why PBG taking this drama.  

I actually happy he taking this project. But I watched other drama '100 days my prince'  (I love it) and I really sure that the script is one of many scripts PBG decline. tho I prefer he's taking that drama, because I'm not into moonlight drawn by cloud, so still hoping to see him in saeguk. But I think he didn't take it maybe because he prefer different role in his project (the male lead chacracter is just another lee young). But still I dont really understand, other actors can maintain their popularity because they always in their 'comfort zone' (acted as the same person in their drama) but PBG keep challenging himself more and more. I actually love him because of that, but worried in the same time. It can be hit or miss.  

I wonder about awards ceremony (baeksang), I'm sure he wont get best actor, yeah LBH will totally take it.and then there's popularity award, but isnt DO EXO on the list too? :sweatingbullets: Ouch I dont want to think about this.     

Don't worry chinggu, I think the rating is still high for a cable drama,if a person want to watch it,he should pay for it since it is a cable paid channel. It is not the same as public network. By the way, Encounter is not only being televised in Korea but to almost a hundred countries,so it is not only locally popular  but Asian and internationally famous. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mellinadear said:

At the beginning of the drama, Bogum received criticisms and it worried me. @gumtaek would remember also. Your encouragement helped me a lot not to worry about it.

But look at him now. He's being praised left & right. 

I'm so happy.

@mellinadear: I had long wanted to get back to you to ask you how you are after that brief "low" moment. The criticisms were from Nate, remember, a playground for perpetual antis who most likely did not and have not watched the drama. From day 1, Bo Gum has been praised for his acting in the drama. I feel bad that I could not translate all these---not even do context translation--- because that wouldn't do justice to the many articles written and I didn't want to saddle my Korean translator friends with requests for long translations.

I admire and respect Bo Gum for his choice of roles and for his conviction and courage---yes, courage!---to take on a "countercultural" character such a Kim Jin Hyuk: gentle, with ordinary circumstances, lover of books but the catch is that his preference is the humanities which accounts for his principles and sense of idealism, a warm-hearted and likeable young man, a filial son and loving brother...stereotyped Kdrama male leads are not written like this. Hence, the unfounded criticisms and hate.

I would worry if the hate comments came from credible critics but these didn't. The drama critics were consistent in their praise of Bo Gum's acting.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

Don't worry chinggu, I think the rating is still high for a cable drama,if a person want to watch it,he should pay for it since it is a cable paid channel. It is not the same as public network. By the way, Encounter is not only being televised in Korea but to almost a hundred countries,so it is not only locally popular  but Asian and internationally famous. 

Yes I'm not that worried about rating, but still hope its reach two digit again. I actually felt that tvn milking this drama so much :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wuri Bogummy is one handsome namja, huh? Funny but in the drama, he was told twice that he is even more handsome in person than in photos...first by Cha Soo Hyun's ex-MIL and then by Samuel haraboji in the latest episode. @4evgbogummy who has seen Bo Gum in person says the same thing. He is much more handsome in person. Sigh! Hope I get the chance to  meet him in person someday and be shocked by his handsomeness!

47106709_2365716193647928_3498468465005923620_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fmnl4-2.fna.fbcdn.net

rainyblue0616 IG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dahae2006 said:

@gumtaek  i sincerely wish for you to see bogummy in person as you are a one true bogum's fan who deserve it.

Awww, so sweet of you, @dahae2006! I think WE both have to see him in person! I appreciate all of your efforts to keep this thread moving! Felt so accompanied by you when posting updates in the thread....thank you!`

• Like 3

@gumtaek 

Regarding the below, how come I can't find any news media reporting this? I really want to read the whole article in English but can't find the news anywhere. 

"Park Bo Gum was selected as the "Star Responsible for the Hallyu Wave in 2019" in a poll conducted by AstaTV Magazine, Korea's No.1 Entertainment Magazine"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tola Ir said:

@gumtaek 

Regarding the below, how come I can't find any news media reporting this? I really want to read the whole article in English but can't find the news anywhere. 

"Park Bo Gum was selected as the "Star Responsible for the Hallyu Wave in 2019" in a poll conducted by AstaTV Magazine, Korea's No.1 Entertainment Magazine"

Here it is...

http://m.slist.kr/news/ampArticleView.html?idxno=60299&idxno=60299&__twitter_impression=true

• Thanks 1

Its good to know that i-fans supporting this drama.

I actually read a comment in naver this morning. Its from PBG's fan who said that she cant see the chemistry between PBG and SHK (they look like sister and little brother) complaining about big age gap, and how she hope they cast a younger female lead for PBG. Thats why she end up skip Encounter. I think this is the reason why the rating drop. Its not because the story or how the main leads failed to delivering their part (like what the article said), people just dont like the casting. And the comment got 4500+ upvote! (So many!) its a pity, how many PBG k-fans decide to not support his drama :bawling:  

Tho the rating of this drama still high, but if all pbg k-fans supporting this drama, Im sure it will hit 2 digit easily. 

• Like 1

Actress Kim Hye Soo sends a support truck for Park Bo Gum. She really has a soft spot in her heart for Bo Gum. The IG post says Kim Hye Soo supports Boyfriend.

@rahma92: A true fan of Park Bo Gum respects and trusts his choices of projects and supports him in whatever way she can. I don't think that person is a real Bo Gum fan.

• Like 4

Kim Jinhyuk and Sea

B1901030012.gif

B1901030011.gif

B1901030016.gif

Cr. @nowornever0616

So happy to see the support from Ahn JaeHong and Kim HyeSoo :wub:

Thanks a lot to Bogum fans in Korea and around the world to support cast and crew of Boyfriend. 

@rahma92

Spoiler

I’m not a person to defend a problematic person/behavior,  but I think you might be wrong in generalizing that that specific negative comment on a negative review article about Boyfriend is written by a Park BoGum fan and liked solely by his fans. If Bogum fans were against the drama, they wouldn’t advertise broadcasting of the drama when TvN was silent, they wouldn’t leave supportive comments for Bogummy on Twitter or comment under TvN’s every post related to Boyfriend, if kfans weren’t supportive they wouldn’t gather funds to support drama by sending several coffee and food trucks and also be a huge part of the latest buffet support.

That article is written against Park BoGum, his acting and his drama, there are thousands of people who also left supporting comments in favor of Bogum and his partner and drama. Those negative comments may come from anyone, general drama viewers or people who don’t like HK, trolls, haters etc.

It’s not fair to Bogummy’s kfans to be criticized like this when there is no proof that it comes from them.

Even if some fans don’t like his drama, again that’s valid. Just because you are a fan doesn’t mean that you can’t criticise him or his project unless it’s blatant hatred. I know some Bogum fans who don’t like this drama ( like how some didn’t like his previous project) and don’t watch it, does it make them lesser fans? No, not at all. It’s a preference and no one should feel guilty because they don’t like their favorite actor/actress’s drama. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thesunset said:

So happy to see the support from Ahn JaeHong and Kim HyeSoo :wub:

Thanks a lot to Bogum fans in Korea and around the world to support cast and crew of Boyfriend. 

@rahma92

Hide contents

I’m not a person to defend a problematic person/behavior,  but I think you might be wrong in generalizing that that specific negative comment on a negative review article about Boyfriend is written by a Park Bogum fan and liked solely because they are his fans. If Bogum fans were against the drama, they wouldn’t leave supportive comments for Bogummy on Twitter, if kfans weren’t supportive they wouldn’t gather funds to support drama by sending several coffee and food trucks and also be a huge part of the latest buffet support.

That article is written against Park BoGum, his acting and his drama, there are thousands of people who also left supporting comments in favor of Bogum and his partner and drama. Those negative comments may come from anyone, general drama viewers or people who don’t like HK, trolls, haters etc.

It’s not fair to Bogummy’s kfans to be criticized like this when there is no proof that it comes from them.

Even if some fans don’t like his drama or his partner, again that’s valid. Just because you are a fan doesn’t mean that you can’t criticise him or his project unless it’s blatant hatred . I know some Bogum fans who don’t like this drama ( like how some didn’t like his previous project) and don’t watch it, does it make them lesser fans? No, not at all. It’s a preference and no one should feel guilty because they don’t like their favorite actor/actress’s drama. 

Spoiler

Its because she said that she's bogum fan. I actually not saying that all bogum k-fans like that, I'm sure there's many kfans supporting his drama, because  the rating is still high. I'm just felt bad because there's many who upvotes that comment. Thats mean many people agree with that comment or finalIy decide to not watch his drama because that comment. Honestly I skiped one of bogum drama, but I totally happy when that drama become big hit (tho I'm not his fan yet when his drama aired). And I dont end up commenting in article about how bad his drama, its same like you asking people to not watch it. When you said they dont have chemistry, people who still hesitate with this pair will totally believe it. 

Sorry if my comment bothering you. I dont mean to hurt your feeling, or talking bad about bogum's k fans. 

• Like 2

Waiting patiently for Bogummy to sing in Ep.11:wub:

yHc1WQ5.jpg

@rahma92 

Spoiler

I know where you are coming from and I totally understand you. Thanks for clarifying.  My only advise is that don’t let it bother you because it may hinder your enjoyment. This drama is going aginst the norm in South Korea because in this drama the woman has the power, she is the dominant character in terms of money, status,....and also she is a divorcee. South Korea’s sexism and misogyny is well known around the world. If it weren’t for BG & HK, I can assure you the ratings would be way way lower from the beginning. It’s because this drama has 2 power house stars and their fans are dedicated that it had started with extraordinary rating, and it has kept its rating over 8%. As for this week’s rating, it was expected. 

On top of the out of norm couple story, the main actress is married and she is doing a romance with passionate scenes with one of the top stars of Korea that in public eyes is single, also close to her husband.They don’t like it and will never like it unless there is a change in their Views and beliefs in future. Kudos to BG and HK for going against the norm. 

I’m totally satisfied and not worried at all. BoGum has been topping the most buzzworthy actor list for 5 weeks consequently and last week even though there wasn’t any new content, he was No.6. The drama is on top 4 among all dramas every week. For CPI is mostly No.1. In December Bogummy was the No.1 actor. What would I want more as a fan? I’m thoroughly enjoying Boyfriend and am so happy to have Kim Jinhyuk in my life for the next 3 weeks.

Instead of posting back to back @dahae2006 I’m just editing this post, the comment is in that negative naver article that was mentioned in drama thread yesterday, it hasn’t been translated yet and hopefully won’t be. One more thing chingu, I’m still laughing when I remember about your comment in drama thread that we want Bogummy to suffer more. We are too savage for our soft hearted boy. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1