Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Guest wizengamot

Roaring current is awesome!!! like, i had goosebumps when i saw the trailer before and i cried during the movie. although it's not basically bogum's film, i still like his role there. i mean, i really like his loyalty. he's literally the only one rowing hard because he has faith on the admiral (i like that he was slightly sarcastic to his friend when his friend was doubting their victory)...

and yeah, on the bogum's part of roaring current vid @ilchul 's translation is right. the admiral agreed that he'll join the fight on the condition that he will not wield a sword. he will fight in a way that he'll be one of those who will row the ship. 

i've also seen that brutal death in chinatown and i was like "no! he's gonna be super sweet to the girl on the chinatown (which will surely make me swoon) then i'll get to see him get his throat cut, with blood massively spritzing, no. just no. my heart won't take it." 

so in the end i didn't watch it. (okay i guess, i've just detailed-ly described that gore scene... sorry)

@maiwun that MuBank translation!!! THANK YOU!!! i need BoRene translations in my life haha

@ilchul

you're welcome my dear chingu :)

I have chance to spending my weekend time to watch and search all Bogum-related videos, articles, pics etc..haha..

so I'm sorry to everyone if this 2 days I've posted too many posts ;)

and as always thank you very much @ilchul for translation of cut scene from movie Admiral..his acting in that particular scene is so good, isn't?

Roaring current is awesome!!! like, i had goosebumps when i saw the trailer before and i cried during the movie. although it's not basically bogum's film, i still like his role there. i mean, i really like his loyalty. he's literally the only one rowing hard because he has faith on the admiral (i like that he was slightly sarcastic to his friend when his friend was doubting their victory)...

and yeah, on the bogum's part of roaring current vid @ilchul 's translation is right. the admiral agreed that he'll join the fight on the condition that he will not wield a sword. he will fight in a way that he'll be one of those who will row the ship. 

i've also seen that brutal death in chinatown and i was like "no! he's gonna be super sweet to the girl on the chinatown (which will surely make me swoon) then i'll get to see him get his throat cut, with blood massively spritzing, no. just no. my heart won't take it." 

so in the end i didn't watch it. (okay i guess, i've just detailed-ly described that gore scene... sorry)

@maiwun that MuBank translation!!! THANK YOU!!! i need BoRene translations in my life haha

wow..because your description about movie Roaring Currents, I really want to watch it..I think if I have a spare time, all Bogum's movies and dramas are my top list to watch.. :)

haha..you described about his death scene in Chinatown so detaily..after I watched his stabbing scene in IRY..that particular scene makes my heart weak and then I watched his death scene in Chinatown..noooo..my heart also can't take it anymore.. :(:(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest wizengamot

that's right. like, i don't know what with the writers or at least the roles he get hahahaha!!!

that brutal chinatown death. and the IRY stabbing. and to make it worse, he got stabbed by LJY on the finale episode when he was just recently stabbed on episode 13 on IRY. like...

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO HIM?!!!!" hahahaha!!! sorry for the sudden mental breakdown

but seriously, when i was live streaming IRY episode 16 and he got stabbed, i thought "BUT HE JUST GOT STABBED 3 EPISODES AGO!!!" 

(you know, i've had some stones and an organ in my body removed and after that surgery i realized how hard it is to be cut open and the recovery afterwards was so painful so ever since that, whenever i saw someone recovering from surgery i realized their pain. So when Min was stabbed again on ep 16, i just couldn't imagine his pain)

@wizengamot

Agree with all you said. I feel you..I have same experience with you when I watched IRY. Okay, actually about Min stabbing scene in last ep, actually I have predicted it..but when I watched the real scene..ahh..it so hurt in my heart..huhu..Min.. T_T       I only watched that scene twice, raw and with engsub and I think if I rewatched IRY in the future I will skip that scene..

(haha..I also have surgery experience..yeah..it must be pain..but I never think into that far if I watched drama.. ;) )

I also watched few cut scenes from Bridal Mask when his face is full of blood..don't tell me that he also death in that drama :crazy:

• Like 1

Guest maiwun

@lilac95 the photo you posted (http://i.imgur.com/oy1buLQ.jpg)

I'm pretty sure it's from this CF based on his outfit and headphones! (and if you want the full cf, it's over here)

cr. bolumiere  

I also watched few cut scenes from Bridal Mask when his face is full of blood..don't tell me that he also death in that drama :crazy:

don't worry, he didn't die in that drama LOL! but his scene was one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the drama :'(

speaking of bogum in bridal mask today is exactly 3 years since he first appeared in Bridal Mask !

241EC44555E30D292374502453E14155E2DF0A048A61

if you want to see all gif/captures head over here! :D 

@wizengamot no prob~~ <3 they give me life and strength to translate LOL XD

Guest ilchul

@wizengamot good to know I was right with the translation :D chingu why are you killing me with your describtion about his death scene in Chinatown? :tears: I can't forget that scene I almost had a break down at that sight!!! :tears: 

Spoiler alert: 

and about his roles: well he died in "Blind" by being locked to the car by his sisters chains, his hand nerves were affected so he can't play cillo in "Cantabile Tomorrow" and I was dying everytime he was in pain, he got killed in "Chinatown" and was stabbed twice in "I Remember You" thank God he didn't die!!!, so he had pretty traumatic characters without talking about emotional traumas!!! I'm afraid I'll end up traumatised myself in the end :lol: and like our chingu @fleurofjasmine I was terrified when I saw him couvered in blood in "Bridal Mask" cut, how almost he was about to get caught and killed but a man covered him with his body and took the gun shots instead and he got couvered by his blood!!!! :tears: 

@fleurofjasmine you're welcome chingu, it's my pleasure :D and I'm supper happy that you managed to give us all those updates :D we're counting on you chingu :D 

@maiwun thank you for the video and pics :wub: good to know he didn't die in "Bridal Mask" drama *sight* 

here is a pic of our cutie PBG :D 

CDVVbUgVAAAEVOK.jpg

cr: https://twitter.com/fatinafiqah97/status/591499023120343041

1muQS24.png

• chenively_09오늘 우리학교에 찾아온 박보검님!
    선생님 제자라서 찾아왔다구한다
    5분정도 있었는데 아이컨택 계속해주고, 악수해주고 친절한거같당
    (엑소아니라 사진만찍음)
    #박보검

• Trans please <3 seems like it's today

http://prkbgm.tumblr.com/post/128019888809/chenively09park-bogum-nim-who-came-to-our-school here comes engtrans =))

• Like 2

I think she said something about school, teacher and eye contact??? idk sorry these are the few phrases i picked out im still learning korean haha im sure @maiwun will be able to translate better

oops seems like there's already a translation hahaha *buries face with bad trans*

Edited by vannie05
  • Like 2

tumblr_ntxznoloCF1untowto1_1280.jpg

Kwave Sept issue T.T I can't wait any longer :-ss btw do you guys know how to pre-order the I Remember You DVD? I may have to wait for yes asia, sometimes their DVDs have engsub too <3 The problem is my mac air doesn't have a DVD drive :((((((((((((((((((

• Like 3

Kwave Sept issue T.T I can't wait any longer :-ss btw do you guys know how to pre-order the I Remember You DVD? I may have to wait for yes asia, sometimes their DVDs have engsub too <3 The problem is my mac air doesn't have a DVD drive :((((((((((((((((((

I emailed someone who is an offficial staff member at: <rememberudvdenglish@gmail.com> to ask if the DVD's gonna have English sub and here is the reply:

The subtitle and the other specs of DVD has not confirmed yet, We'll keep update the latest news through SNS and e-mail. Please keep your eye on it!

And you may visit the link that I attached for purchasing DVD and Bluray

For the purchase, you have to join and create the account at Yes24 the Korean website. If you order without log-in you cannot use international credit cards. So, your first thing to do is, creating your account. Please follow the steps that I wrote on the Official Café Board.

How to join Yes24   http://cafe.daum.net/rememberu/X1up/21

How to Preorder from Yes24   http://cafe.daum.net/rememberu/X1up/22

DVD installment: http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/19753252

DVD full payment: 24/goods/19752050

Bluray installment: http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/19753677

Bluray full payment: http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/19752424

If you have any other questions or difficulties from the processes, please let me know. I’ll try my best to help you ;)

One more thing, many of you asked about the English subtitle. And I really wish that it would accept. However, we cannot say anything officially about every detail specs of DVD/ Bluray because it’s now on negotiation at this point.

The one thing I can tell you is, Ill update the new to you all fans from overseas ASAP in English almost at the same time in Korea.

Thanks again your interests in Remember You Director’s Cut.

Best regards,

A staff member of the Official Café for Remember You Director’s Cut

• Like 4

Guest ilchul

@lilac95 thank you for the pics, tanslation and video :D he's reay cute and charming and playfull all in one :wub: 

@vannie05 it's ok chingu at least you tried to help with translation as much as you managed ;) and thank you for IRY DVD news :D 

you're right, most of his characters had gone through pain and sadness or death and the interesting part is that 2 out of 4 bright characters he played ("Blind" and "Chinatown" vs "Wonderful Mama" and "Cantabile Tomorrow" (do we count Yoon Hoo character bright or sad? I don't know!!!)) ended up dying :tears: so do you want him to play a bright character and die or a sad character and live? I know... I know, what kind of question is this? :lol: but on a serious note I love that his roles were full of layers and not single dimensional, that way the characters are more interesting and we see more of his acting skills:D 

here is gif with english sub to the 2015 EDWIN endoresement of Bogomie :D 

tumblr_ntxc0erLRh1untowto1_540.gif

tumblr_ntxc0erLRh1untowto2_540.gif

tumblr_ntxc0erLRh1untowto3_r1_540.gif

and

tumblr_ntxca3Nrr21untowto2_540.gif

tumblr_ntxca3Nrr21untowto1_540.gif

cr: http://prkbgm.tumblr.com

Edited by ilchul

Guest ilchul

here is a video where BTOB talked about PBG (calling him Bogum-nim :lol:)

quoted from: http://prkbgm.tumblr.com 

"BTOB’s Changseob recalls meeting Park Bogum for the first time and making a mistake

Eunkwang: Bogum-nim said on twitter last night that he enjoyed listening to our song (it’s okay). (addressing Bogum) Park Bogum-nim, from a long time ago, seriously.. I’ve enjoyed watching your movies. We’ll (BTOB) cheer for you too Park Bogum-ssi.
Changseob: (he’s) the best, the best. I made a mistake right from the very first moment we met. Originally, Park Bogum-ssi appeared in ‘China Town’, and since I really enjoyed watching 'China Town’, I was going to say to him “ah, I seriously really enjoyed watching China Town!’ but as soon as I saw him, I said “ah, I really enjoyed watching Chronicles of Evil!*” so then Park Bogum-ssi was like 'excuse me?” (then I said) “I enjoyed watching Chronicles of Evil.” (Bogum said) “Chronicles of Evil?”, and I was like 'yes!’ (Bogum said) “I wasn’t in Chronicles of Evil..” and from that very moment, my head started spinning…
Peniel: so that’s why when I said “I really enjoyed watching China Tow”, you were like “AH! CHINA TOWN!!”

*Chronicles of Evil was released in cinemas one month after China Town, starring Son Hyunjoo, Ma Dongseok, Choi Daniel and Park Seojoon"

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how embarressing to make a mistake at the 1st time meeting someone you wanted to show your love to his work to look like you don't even know him :sweatingbullets:

Edited by ilchul

@lilac95

thank you very much dear for edwin making video and fantaken pics. Hoho..he's really cute in BTS edwin.. and he visited school? what is his purpose visited school?? I'm so curious..

@ilchul

thank you very much dear for gifs from edwin making video..from the BTS edwin (and IRY BTS) it's obvious that his real life persona is close to him when MC-ing Mubank..I don't say that his MC on Mubank is not his real self but we should admit that there is part of his MC-ing is scripted..I mean there is a script for MC right..

so I giggled when he makes a pouty face, he jumped like "yes I did it!" after hed did photoshoot on chair,  when the last part when photographer? said it's done and he feel enthusiastic that it's done..

and thank you for sharing translation from BTOB video.. I watched the video few days ago. I knew that BTOB talked about Bogum but I only understood when one of member said Chinatown..haha..I have no idea what they talked about actually..

It seems that Bogum quite close with few idol groups.. the hilarious thing (for me) is news about Bogum "dating" with BTS V on Lotte World. LOL :D. Why knetz like exaggerated anything..I think that they are BFF and only spending time together..and from Bogum interview with Elle..it seems that Bogum close to BTS after BTS supported him when he become Mubank MC in first weeks (correct if I'm wrong maiwun :) ). It seems Bogum also close with Beast, because Bogum dancing together with Beast when Beast got 1st winner throphy on Mubank.

@maiwun @ilchul @vannie05

oh..okay..glad to know that Bogum's character didn't die in Bridal Mask..haha..thanks for the info maiwun :)

you know ilchul and vannie05, before you two said about why his character is dramas and movies is so pitiful..either dead or sad or pain..I have thought about that..haha..except Wonderful Mama (his character has happy ending in WM isn't??) I think other characters he has played are so tragic..and I also just know about his character in Blind..he also dead??? what?? even in his acting debut, his character also dead..why PD and scriptwriter like cast him as that particular character..haha..

in wonderful days too..he played melo character..

and I don't know..since I saw his still pic from reply1988 first script reading (when he was crying).. I have bad feeling that his character also will have a sad story or maybe he will be a 2nd chilbong..but..but..I will still feel optimistic because from previous Reply series..it seems reply series are more to comedy genre..and they (production team) also said that there will not be  "who's husband" thing..but I'm still sure there will be love triangle (or more) maybe between Bogum, Hyeri and GPK character..and please..please..PDnim..SWnim..don't make Bogum as 2nd Chilbong :( (I haven't watched Reply1994, but I knew about Chilbongie and how many Chilbongie fans heartbroken because his fate in the end of drama..haha)

Edwin making caps

CNs3WH7UYAIUUiL.jpg

CNs3WoJUsAAZzR2.jpg

CNs3VhCUYAAoWas.jpg

CNs3Vn1UsAAQBKW.jpg

cr parkbogumnet https://twitter.com/parkbogumnet

Bogum pouty face :)

KWAVE interview

CNpmUd4U8AA2K1Y.jpg

CNpmVPwUYAEjpVe.jpg

CNpmUllUYAArwOS.jpg

CNpmVeWVEAwfvOz.jpg

cr bogum_psv

• Like 3

I emailed someone who is an offficial staff member at: <rememberudvdenglish@gmail.com> to ask if the DVD's gonna have English sub and here is the reply:

The subtitle and the other specs of DVD has not confirmed yet, We'll keep update the latest news through SNS and e-mail. Please keep your eye on it!

And you may visit the link that I attached for purchasing DVD and Bluray

For the purchase, you have to join and create the account at Yes24 the Korean website. If you order without log-in you cannot use international credit cards. So, your first thing to do is, creating your account. Please follow the steps that I wrote on the Official Café Board.

How to join Yes24   http://cafe.daum.net/rememberu/X1up/21

How to Preorder from Yes24   http://cafe.daum.net/rememberu/X1up/22

DVD installment: http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/19753252

DVD full payment: 24/goods/19752050

Bluray installment: http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/19753677

Bluray full payment: http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/19752424

If you have any other questions or difficulties from the processes, please let me know. I’ll try my best to help you ;)

One more thing, many of you asked about the English subtitle. And I really wish that it would accept. However, we cannot say anything officially about every detail specs of DVD/ Bluray because it’s now on negotiation at this point.

The one thing I can tell you is, Ill update the new to you all fans from overseas ASAP in English almost at the same time in Korea.

Thanks again your interests in Remember You Director’s Cut.

Best regards,

A staff member of the Official Café for Remember You Director’s Cut

OMG. Thank you so so much :-* <3<3<3

• Like 2

@lilac95 thank you for the pics, tanslation and video :D he's reay cute and charming and playfull all in one :wub: 

@vannie05 it's ok chingu at least you tried to help with translation as much as you managed ;) and thank you for IRY DVD news :D 

you're right, most of his characters had gone through pain and sadness or death and the interesting part is that 2 out of 4 bright characters he played ("Blind" and "Chinatown" vs "Wonderful Mama" and "Cantabile Tomorrow" (do we count Yoon Hoo character bright or sad? I don't know!!!)) ended up dying :tears: so do you want him to play a bright character and die or a sad character and live? I know... I know, what kind of question is this? :lol: but on a serious note I love that his roles were full of layers and not single dimensional, that way the characters are more interesting and we see more of his acting skills:D 

and

I agree with you too, bc his roles has too many layers and how he manages to develop and portray the character well, it makes it even more heartbreaking when something bad happens to him (in the drama/movie) that's why we always feel so sad for him :-(((((

I really love it when he smiles though. He is really a good natured, polite and down to earth celebrity... Hope he makes it big!! 

P.S. can't stop replaying the video of him turning back to receive a gift from a fan in my head <3

• Like 3

Guest wizengamot

@wizengamot good to know I was right with the translation :D chingu why are you killing me with your describtion about his death scene in Chinatown? :tears: I can't forget that scene I almost had a break down at that sight!!! :tears: 

Spoiler alert: 

and about his roles: well he died in "Blind" by being locked to the car by his sisters chains, his hand nerves were affected so he can't play cillo in "Cantabile Tomorrow" and I was dying everytime he was in pain, he got killed in "Chinatown" and was stabbed twice in "I Remember You" thank God he didn't die!!!, so he had pretty traumatic characters without talking about emotional traumas!!! I'm afraid I'll end up traumatised myself in the end :lol: and like our chingu @fleurofjasmine I was terrified when I saw him couvered in blood in "Bridal Mask" cut, how almost he was about to get caught and killed but a man covered him with his body and took the gun shots instead and he got couvered by his blood!!!! :tears: 

@fleurofjasmine you're welcome chingu, it's my pleasure :D and I'm supper happy that you managed to give us all those updates :D we're counting on you chingu :D 

@maiwun thank you for the video and pics :wub: good to know he didn't die in "Bridal Mask" drama *sight* 

Reply 1988 is my only hope now that he will have or at least his character would have a decent fate hahaha!!! but honestly, the second lead/first lead vagueness makes me nervous. coz if he were to be a second lead again, heartbreak is for sure. 

ah!!! and that btob vid. i always get happy when my fav people have intereactions in real life/behind the scene haha 

and

I agree with you too, bc his roles has too many layers and how he manages to develop and portray the character well, it makes it even more heartbreaking when something bad happens to him (in the drama/movie) that's why we always feel so sad for him :-(((((

I really love it when he smiles though. He is really a good natured, polite and down to earth celebrity... Hope he makes it big!! 

P.S. can't stop replaying the video of him turning back to receive a gift from a fan in my head <3

oh yes, glad that so far he always choose an interesting, challenging and full of layer roles..I realized that the first thing that makes me love him is his facial expression especially his eyes when he's acting..

Spoiler alert: 

Reply 1988 is my only hope now that he will have or at least his character would have a decent fate hahaha!!! but honestly, the second lead/first lead vagueness makes me nervous. coz if he were to be a second lead again, heartbreak is for sure. 

ah!!! and that btob vid. i always get happy when my fav people have intereactions in real life/behind the scene haha 

yes, i hope..really hope that his role in Reply1988 will have a good fate..eventhough I have a bad feeling since I saw his still pic from first script reading..but it only my feeling..haha..please go bad feeling~~~

and it seems that Bogum is really become more and more popular nowadays..Eventhough he already acting since 2011? (please correct me), from small role in Blind and Bridal Mask and Wonderful Days..then last year he also has a chance acting in box office movie Roaring Current and second lead in Cantabile (too bad that cantabile flop in ratings but I think it quite popular)..but I think this year is his breakout year..

why? from popularity aspect, I think he become more popular after he take a job as Mubank MC. so, non kdrama viewers (kpop listener/fans) now know about him..and about 1 month later he acted in I Remember You. eventhough IRY flop in local rating and he actually only a supporting character, but fortunately IRY popular among int viewers and his role as Min/JSH has stealing many fans's heart (including me). I think, imo, Min/JSH is his breakout role..and Mubank MC is his stepping stone to get more popular.

I hope his next acting project in Reply1988 will established him as one of big actor in South Korea. I hope this third Reply series will as great as 2 previous Reply series (honestly I have a little afraid about this 3rd reply series because people must be have very high expectation and if it won't meet their expectation people will disappointed). 

ps. I think it just my small observation..if you search with #Reply1988 on IG, 99% is post about Bogum..haha..so I'm sure many kdrama viewers, who haven't watched 2 previous reply series, will watch Reply1988 because Bogum :)

sorry for my very long rambling~~

• Like 2