Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Such a beautiful testimonial to Bogummy's acting in Episode 15

From Lynn

I really expected to hate this episode, as the compulsory 15th installment where everyone starts acting crazy and out of character in ways that will just be magically undone in the next episode. In fact, I initially skipped it to peep 16 and make sure the ending would be worth it ( I chickened out, I know, hehe).

But I was really surprised by how tasteful and logical this ep was, for all of the reasons LollyPip stated.

And I've never been a fan of PBG. I think this is the first drama I've seen where he plays the lead, but oh my gosh, I fully get it now. He's a wonderful actor, who really knows how to fully inhabit a character's specific emotions even in their lowest moments.

I've often felt, even when watching some of my favorite drama actors, that many crying scenes can be kind of generic. As if heartbreak, and grief, betrayal, humiliation, etc. are all the same emotion. And as long as someone is sobbing their heart out the audience is supposed to be satisfied that the appropriate emotion is being conveyed. But so often actors are just crying. As if they've worked themselves up to the point of tears for literally any reason at all regardless of the specific cause for the character'a distress. I'm not trying to sound judgmental, because I'm certainly no actor, and I imagine it must be extremely difficult to go there. But I often check out during such scenes because, far too often, depression or grief or disappointment or fury all look the same. As if as long as you're sobbing extremely hard, you've done your job.

But in those scenes, PGB nailed the devastation of first heartbreak so perfectly that my reaction was visceral. It tapped back to the first time I was that distraught over lost love and I found myself in tears completely out of the blue because that specific emotion was so painfully real. I don't think I articulated it as well as I could, but I just have a huge amount of respect for an actor who is able to convey such an extreme emotion with total truth to the specific character and his/her specific circumstance. Which I haven't seen nearly often enough.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/boyfriend-episode-15/ 

Please excuse the huge font size. Tried adjusting but I couldn't.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, thesunset said:

Part translation of Park BoGum's interview on the drama, "Boyfriend" & his character, Kim JinHyuk [part 2]

Cr. @heymilkbrownie

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-mczzh1z71nt.jp

DyBrVSTUwAA1oF_?format=jpg&name=medium

DyBrWWkV4AAUPXl?format=jpg&name=medium

Article’s link: NAVER

Trans: @heymilkbrownie

Hi thesunset, thanks for sharing this. About the "drunken scene", I didn't know that he has never been drunk in his life & he’s never drank alcohol. But him acting it out was perfect! That scene was edited well to look realistic. It was hard to believe this, though but he's honest enough to said so. :lol: And I read in one of the articles that Bogum even called Song Hye Kyo his sister-in-law.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, ilmare said:

hi @dahae2006, I am not very active in soompi now..... real life has demands tis yr, preparing my kid for exams. also no internet access at work, so can't do all my personal illegal stuff at work!

PBG really transformed himself for Encounter, was initially a bit worried about the pairing but their chemistry coupled with the beautiful scenery blew me away. still rmb the Moonlight days when I would live stream and guessed based on body languages and limited Korean. those were the days along with R88. mostly DL dramas and watch when possible.

thanks for the info re the light stick. I msg the SG organiser re light stick but no reply. another long frustrating story. hope everyone is still well. will make an effort to appear more. :P

@ilmare  baby boy no more :D ( from reply 1988 bb boy  transformed to  boyfriend KJH LOL).  I understand you real life demands,  still you watched his encounter. 

are you from sg? If you could attend the FM, more easier to buy.  I think they will sell 2 pcs of light stick for each ticket holder ( saw some fan who attended  korea FM post).  i will give you tweeter handle of sg fan group for future update info about FM and light stick.  I will tag you once i got more info.  

https://twitter.com/SG4Bogum

• Love 1

3 hours ago, dahae2006 said:

@ilmare  baby boy no more :D ( from reply 1988 bb boy  transformed to  boyfriend KJH LOL).  I understand you real life demands,  still you watched his encounter. 

are you from sg? If you could attend the FM, more easier to buy.  I think they will sell 2 pcs of light stick for each ticket holder ( saw some fan who attended  korea FM post).  i will give you tweeter handle of sg fan group for future update info about FM and light stick.  I will tag you once i got more info.  

https://twitter.com/SG4Bogum

yup going for SG FM. need to reward myself from all the stress. :grimace: am really looking forward to FM and purchasing the light stick. thanks for the info and the twitter site. are u also from SG?

yes yes he has really transformed. still recalled fondly when i 1st "met " him on NC, the OH MY GOSH who is this GORGEOUS talented guy moment. *fangirling moment* he really outdid himself with every project, drama, movie or variety.

• Love 2

Diligence, honesty, integrity, frankness etc- even among stars who have appeared before the public for a long time, it is not easy to have such titles conferred them. Park Bogum has won countless honors in his eight years since debut. In addition, when his name is mentioned, not only will you get no criticisms or objections, you would also not get the ambiguous question asking "why" but rather that, there would be more people who nod with approval.

What is the reason why Park Bogum as a human being (before being an actor) can solidify his place in the entertainment industry? It is 'love’. Park Bogum, while loving himself, has shown boundless love and affection to all the people around him and through this, he has proven the secret of why he is able to be where he is now.

Translation by @4evgbogummy

Tweeted by @sword0616

• Like 1

On Ko Chang Seok (Mr. Nam), Park Bogum has expressed much love for him.

“We did not experience any difficulty at all as he was able to handle everything and guide us well in all the situations all the time. The atmosphere on set is very good all the time. It is a pity we could not have more scenes for us to shoot together.

Translated by @4evgbogummy

Tweeted by @sword0616

• Like 2

My favorite Interview over this 2-day Post Drama by Park Bo Gum is about his study.

SBS funE

박보검은 어떻게 '1등'으로 대학을 졸업했을까

How did Park Bo-gum graduate from college with No.1? ...

0000239471_001_20190129154034189.jpg?type=w540
Kim Ji-hye: How was actor Park Bo-Gum's college life?

Park Bo-geom recalled his happy college life when he had an interview with the drama "My boyfriend" in Apgujeong-dong, Seoul.

Park entered the department of musicals at Myongji University in 2014 and graduated in 2018. What is surprising is that while he was working in  the entertainment industry, he went on to college without a single break and even graduated.

"Many of actors in my early debut age have expressed regret for not enjoying school days properly," he said about her acting career and school work combined over the past four years. I want to have a normal school life like friends of my age. I thought the moment and time were precious to me."

Meanwhile, Park Bo-geom rose to stardom through the drama "Love in the Moonlight" (2016). In 2017, the industry enjoyed a great deal of love but stopped working and concentrated on studying.

"I felt comfortable when I finished my studies. 

I was very happy with the work I was doing that I could not concentrate. a year."

0000239471_002_20190129154034344.jpg?type=w540

What was Park Bo-gum's school life like? He drew attention to numerous close-knacks and sightings.

"I really enjoyed my days because I like it. I like learning and studying. I was preparing for my graduation performance in the last semester, and I was also a music director."

He participated as a staff member in the musical 'Hearspray,' which was a graduation performance. His role was the music director. Park Bo-gum, who successfully completed the performance, also had a pleasant graduation from the department as the first place.

Park Bo-gum, who returned to the small screen after two years with the drama "Boyfriend," was loved by viewers for his more mature acting. It is planning to continue its activities without a break in 2019.

This year, I will visit my fans with various works. Please look forward to it. "
=====================================

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=119&aid=0002308568

Actor Park Bo-gum said he graduated with the Top of the department.' 

In an interview with "boyfriend" on TVN held at a cafe in Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Park said that he felt relieved to graduate last year, adding that he wanted to focus on his studies after finishing "Love in the Moonlight."

Park entered the Department of Film and Musical at Myongji University and ended his school life without a break.

"The actor was pleased," Park said. "I was the head of the department in the last semester." "I can show you my report card, too."

"It's a relief that no one was hurt and finished it safely," Park said. "I'm grateful to the viewers who loved me to the end." 

===========

30 Jan 2019: MBC [Today Entertainment] Park Bo Gum, The national Boyfriend", graduated at the top without a leave of absence

• Like 1
  • Love 1