Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Guest wizengamot

@ilchul here you go. he was so polite and you can see how humble he is. he even said that it was his first talk show ever so i'm really proud of him. such well mannered guy... this is 2014 so it was before IRY, he said that he's been practicing how to show acting with his eyes and without needing a dialogue and after watching IRY, i'd say his practices were successful, those Min stared on IRY were proof of his practice.

Guest ilchul

@ilchul here you go. he was so polite and you can see how humble he is. he even said that it was his first talk show ever so i'm really proud of him. such well mannered guy... this is 2014 so it was before IRY, he said that he's been practicing how to show acting with his eyes and without needing a dialogue and after watching IRY, i'd say his practices were successful, those Min stared on IRY were proof of his practice.

thank you chingu :) so this is the interview you talked about!! I rememeber it now :lol: I hope they'll have another interview with him :D why isn't there many interviews with him? :( 

he even said that he would love to make OST/album, I would love that too!!! I hope that he will soon enough, Reply 1988 OST for now!!! :D 

yes his hard work was showed in IRY as our cuie and at the same time creepy Minie !!! :D

100 % agree with you -> ilchul  . very well manner young guy and quite considerate to his fan who were waiting to give him a present.

:)

yes it was really considering and nice of him :) 

here is a video of PBG from the drama "Wonderful Days" :) 

so he acted in "Wonderful Mama" and "Wonderful Days" looks he have a thing to the "Wonderful" word :P but after all he's a Wonderful actor :D 

here he didn't smile much, I think he's character is more of a serious/sad/angry character from what I heard and I'll make sure to see his episodes in the drama :D 

Guest maiwun

came back with two pages to backtrack woot woot hahah \o/

I've been a fan of him for three years and until now, I'm still baffled as to why he doesn't have that much interviews...LOL he has plenty of written interviews, but for tv interview/talk shows like showbiz korea that was really his first (unless i missed sth..) @_@ I think the only time you'd see him doing "tv interviews" is when he is together with casts from a certain project. And he doesn't even talk much hahah

Which reminds me, IRY cast appeared on Happy Together but he didn't. Even though he was a much more important character than the other guy who went there... >A< *cannot understand* Maybe he was busy :c

Anyway, I think we'll get more of those interviews in the near future since he's getting significant roles now as well as gaining more attention and love from people :D

I suddenly remembered this interview while typing this reply so I decided to upload it for you guys! It's the Chinatown cast's Section TV Interview. Click on the photo below (uploaded to dm because youtube would probably block it lol)

gGTtj3K.png

Some rough translations of his parts which start at around 4:30 mark:

= MC says he looks a bit like, Jo In Sung, Lee Hyun Woo, Hong Jong Hyun & Ahn Jung Hwan's son, Ahn Ri-hwan =

Kim Hyesu: He's kind. Really kind.

Bogum: Thank you

MC: It's not easy being a 93 liner (?)

Kim Hyesu: You're born in 1993?

Bogum: Yes

Kim Hyesu: How cute~

Kyungpyo: He's the mature type. (The word Kyungpyo used meant someone who acts more mature than their actual age)

MC: Did you grow up with your grandmother?

Bogum: No.. I didn't.

= MC asked how the juniors address Kim Hyesu =

Kyungpyo: I call her Senior/Sunbae-nim

Uhm Taegu: Senior/Sunbae-nim

Bogum: For me it's "Nuna"

Kim Hyesu: Fortunately, he didn't say "Mother"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully that's right! :) 

Guest ilchul

@maiwun thank you so much for the interview and translation :D and the pic!!! :wub: how cute indeed :D 

yes now we can hope for more interviews in the future specially that he's getting more recognation and love and now have a lead role in Reply 1988 drama and hopefully he'll get more great roles in the future too :D 

I found these 2 videos of PBG and Go Kyung Pyo :) they have chinese subbtitle but I have no knowledge of chinese language :( it would be great if you or our chingu @tituyphing be able to translate them or one of them for us :D 

It was really funny and nice to see them being this close friends :D

GKP talked how PBG is a manly/great man more than anyone thinks and who eats a lot beyond our imagination :lol: and PBG was:"oh, yes I love eating!!" :lol: and when GKP said how it doesn't show on PBG no mutter how much he eats PBG said that it was because he learned ballet in school (and my reaction was like GKP's:"ballet?") so he kept his body healthy through ballet (yes I can see that Bogommie :D) then thay kept prasing each other, PBG said that GKP is a fun and positive person with whom you'll always enjoy your time and GKP said that for him PBG's personality is the one he likes the most among all the actors he met (I was touched and PBG was:"waa!! thank you!!" and bowed to him) 

Guest maiwun

@ilchul don't worry~!! we're slowly slowly doing these videos :)) currently need to finish this MONCAST interview then we'll move on to other clips ^q^ It's done translating and i'm just working on the subs/video now /o/

(Has this video been posted btw? cant remember x( ) 

He was so cute here ;; and his French... hahaha

Guest ilchul

@ilchul don't worry~!! we're slowly slowly doing these videos :)) currently need to finish this MONCAST interview then we'll move on to other clips ^q^ It's done translating and i'm just working on the subs/video now /o/

(Has this video been posted btw? cant remember x( ) 

He was so cute here ;; and his French... hahaha

thank you for sharing, I don't think that it was posted before at least I don't remember watching it, and thank you so much for your hard work for subbing :D 

it was really even without understanding much and PBG's smile is always a pleasure to see and his french :lol: at least he managed to say:"tu est bell" = "you're beautiful" right :lol: 

I found these 2 videos of PBG and Go Kyung Pyo :) they have chinese subbtitle but I have no knowledge of chinese language :( it would be great if you or our chingu @tituyphing be able to translate them or one of them for us :D 

(video)

It was really funny and nice to see them being this close friends :D

GKP talked how PBG is a manly/great man more than anyone thinks and who eats a lot beyond our imagination :lol: and PBG was:"oh, yes I love eating!!" :lol: and when GKP said how it doesn't show on PBG no mutter how much he eats PBG said that it was because he learned ballet in school (and my reaction was like GKP's:"ballet?") so he kept his body healthy through ballet (yes I can see that Bogommie :D) then thay kept prasing each other, PBG said that GKP is a fun and positive person with whom you'll always enjoy your time and GKP said that for him PBG's personality is the one he likes the most among all the actors he met (I was touched and PBG was:"waa!! thank you!!" and bowed to him) 

(video)

Hello, I watched the video... Okay I will sub it ^^ please kindly wait~~^^ I'll do it after work~~

EDIT :

the first video is finished, will soon subbing the second one. :) :):) hope you guys enjoy it~~~

Edited by tituyphing
  • Like 7

Guest wizengamot

yeah, i was wondering the same thing too... why is bogum not in happy together, not that i don't want jaeyoung but i was expecting to see him. i don;t know but maybe because it's a variety show and not really a talk show. i have this hunch that maybe he's not yet ready for variety show. i think actors and actresses in korea prepare when being in a variety show because they have to be funny or sarcastically funny or entertaining like show personal talents like impersonation or have to tell funny story and the way i see bogum, and the way people perceive him, they kind of think he's a serious or at least mature or very polite  person, not really the cheeky mischievous type so maybe that's why they prefer him on a talk show rather than on a variety show. he can really be funny or act funny but i think in a variety show, you have to be funny yourself. if it makes him shy or nervous trying to be funny in front of "other" people, then i'm alright just sein him in a drama or interview. i know we all feel the same way. some people tend to shoe crazy funny side to people they are only close with, i guess bogum is that kind. 

Guest wizengamot

anyone watching the live streaming of MuBank? they're not only matching clothes, i think it's really identical clothes. before they just wear matching colors 

from http://prkbgm.tumblr.com/

TENASIA: Do you live with your family right now?

PBG: We live together. I have an older brother and an older sister, and there’s quite a big age gap between us, so since I’m the youngest in the family I was able to receive a lot of love while growing up. Thanks to my family, I’ve realized and come to know the things that are important to living in this world.

TENASIA: Specifically what kind of things?

PBG: My father told me to “Always live truthfully”. And he also told me that “You have to live while staying truthful to your original intention”. “You have to go with what you first believed in, in order to have no regrets.” He also told me that “Even if you fail while living like that, it will all just be an experience, and if you succeed then it’ll be a memory.” Recently whilst in the midst of filming for ‘Cantabile’, I had a bit of time, so I watched ‘Interstellar’. The movie made me think again about how I should live thankfully everyday and be good to my family. The scene in the movie where Cooper is watching the messages sent by his family while in space was so sad…. that I thought “That’s right, I should be good to my parents while they’re here”. Our family motto is “Think of today as the last and let’s do our best”, so I try my best not to forget that, and always live with it deeply embedded in my heart.

TENASIA: It seems like you’re taking a step upwards after getting the basics down pat with every production. I would think that this kind of process could be really tiring if you had the tendency to want to obtain big results in one go. Are you the kind with a lot of patience?

PBG: I think I’m patient. To me, the foundation has to be firm and sturdy in order to be able to grow more - because if the foundation work isn’t sturdy, then it can lead to the construction being faulty. At church, my parents, and even my company tells me that “whatever it may be, if you try to grasp everything in your hands at once, it will all slip out”. Thankfully, everyone at my company look over me in a manner so that I’m able to take one step at a time. Obviously it would be nice to appear as the leading main character in a big production, but if I’m unable to handle that, then I would be disappointing all the people who had their hopes up in me. That’s why I don’t think of any of the roles that I’ve played up until now as ‘small’ roles. At the time, to me, they were all big roles. I’m thankful to the directors, and script writers that cast me, and entrusted me with the roles. Looking back, I was able to grow, little by little, through each production.

source: tenasia december 2014
translated by: prkbgm.tumblr.com
[!] please link back to this post, or at least mention ‘prkbgm@tumblr’ when posting elsewhere. 

Guest maiwun

@wizengamot i watch mubank always hahah ahh they were so cute *v* they looked like art students to me tbh~ 

thanks for sharing the interview translation! i rarely check tumblr these days ><;;

and omg ahhhh his reponses are so good he's making cry TT_TT

Guest ilchul

@tituyphing thank you so much for the subbed video, I'm really thankful :D 

@wizengamot thnak you chingu for the interview :) now we know how this young man grew up to be this polite and considering, he really have a great family that raised him well and I'm sure they are proud of him (I'm a proud noona here :D) I hope he keep this kind spirit and grow more and more as an actor and make a great carrer that he diserve :D

I agree with you, I think that he's too shy to be on a variety show right now, you can see him alarmed and shy when they ask him to sing and he's more confortable around people he knows and used to while in variety showes guests need to be more oppen.

@dahae2006 thank you chingu, you're most welcome it's our pleasure to share and spread our love for our Bogomie :D we love you too :D

Edited by ilchul

anyways, i've found out that bogummy was nicknamed as shim/heart stealer, which i find amusing because SIG's fans are called heart riders. after watching an interview of him (which was quite old, like dec 25, 2014 old) i was more convinced that he's really religious/nice guy. i mean, during the interview the hosts themselves commented at it, they said they wanted to be mischievous in questioning/interviewing him but he's so honest so they can't. and they keep saying that he is so polite. 

@wizengamot 

wow..we have a same thinking :)

I also have watched that interview twice. First time when that interview just released last Dec, I accidentally watched it because I want watched 5 best Korean dramas in 2014 based on polling by Showbiz Korea..at that time, I thought that oh..this kid from Wonderful Days and Cantabile Tomorrow..but I didn’t pay much attention to his answer..

After watched him in IRY, I watched that interview again and just realized that he is nicknamed as "shim(heart) stealer". Wow..so he's indeed a heart stealer :) ..everytime I read comments on IRY thread and/or Dramabeans recaps, everyone who praises his acting said that Bogum has steal their heart :wub: (including me..haha)

and yes, I think it's obvious that Bogum is a religious person, if you see his twitter, it really obvious..

you know, your post about "he's been practicing how to show acting with his eyes and without needing a dialogue and after watching IRY, i'd say his practices were successful, those Min stared on IRY were proof of his practice" is really same with my thought! when I watched that part..I also thought that..oh so that's why he's really good acting as Min/Lawyer Jung only with his eyes/facial expression..so he's been practicing that kind of acting..

btw, he is nicknamed as shimstealer..but the funny thing is his fans is named "Bogum Ministry" isn't? haha..I read an article on kpopkfans about the unique name of actor/actress/idol fans and Bogum is one of them..it says that Bogum has the same meaning with health? so Bogum Ministry=Health Ministry/Ministry of Health..please correct me if I'm wrong..and I also watched an old clip from KBS ent weekly about Cantabile BTS and Bogum said to MC that his fans is called Bogum Ministry and then MC laughed..here's the video:

kpopkfans article:

1.jpg

Park Bo Gum - Ministry of Health and Welfare
(tn: It's a word play because 'Bo Gum' sounds like 'health/welfare')

knetz comment --> - Park Bo Gum's fanclub name is so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- They're all charming ㅋㅋㅋ

about his appearance on talkshow and/or variety show..hmm..actually when IRY aired I knew that few casts was guesting on Happy Together..but I didn't know who..honestly I didn't really follow IRY news outside recaps..at that time I only followed recaps and will watch after IRY ended..but I decided to marathon IRY 2 weeks before final and yes, I fell in love with Bogum..so I remember that IRY casts appeared on Happy Together and I thought that Bogum also one of casts who appeared..so when I opena video on YT, I disappointed why Bogum didn't appear?? ahh..after watched Happy Together I really want he also appeared with other IRY casts because Happy Together mostly talks about their private life and I wanna know more about him..his interview with Showbiz Korea was mostly about his acting carier..

honestly before there is this discussion I wanna ask to anyone who know if Bogum has appeared on other variety show..maybe like running man etc..but it seems that he so far rarely appear on variety show..

however..I'm happy that now he's MC for Music Bank..so at least every week we can see him on screen..haha..now every friday I waiting his preview pics from his fansites when he goes to Music Bank on twitter and IG..

Edited by fleurofjasmine
  • Like 5

anyone watching the live streaming of MuBank? they're not only matching clothes, i think it's really identical clothes. before they just wear matching colors 

from http://prkbgm.tumblr.com/

TENASIA: Do you live with your family right now?

PBG: We live together. I have an older brother and an older sister, and there’s quite a big age gap between us, so since I’m the youngest in the family I was able to receive a lot of love while growing up. Thanks to my family, I’ve realized and come to know the things that are important to living in this world.

TENASIA: Specifically what kind of things?

PBG: My father told me to “Always live truthfully”. And he also told me that “You have to live while staying truthful to your original intention”. “You have to go with what you first believed in, in order to have no regrets.” He also told me that “Even if you fail while living like that, it will all just be an experience, and if you succeed then it’ll be a memory.” Recently whilst in the midst of filming for ‘Cantabile’, I had a bit of time, so I watched ‘Interstellar’. The movie made me think again about how I should live thankfully everyday and be good to my family. The scene in the movie where Cooper is watching the messages sent by his family while in space was so sad…. that I thought “That’s right, I should be good to my parents while they’re here”. Our family motto is “Think of today as the last and let’s do our best”, so I try my best not to forget that, and always live with it deeply embedded in my heart.

TENASIA: It seems like you’re taking a step upwards after getting the basics down pat with every production. I would think that this kind of process could be really tiring if you had the tendency to want to obtain big results in one go. Are you the kind with a lot of patience?

PBG: I think I’m patient. To me, the foundation has to be firm and sturdy in order to be able to grow more - because if the foundation work isn’t sturdy, then it can lead to the construction being faulty. At church, my parents, and even my company tells me that “whatever it may be, if you try to grasp everything in your hands at once, it will all slip out”. Thankfully, everyone at my company look over me in a manner so that I’m able to take one step at a time. Obviously it would be nice to appear as the leading main character in a big production, but if I’m unable to handle that, then I would be disappointing all the people who had their hopes up in me. That’s why I don’t think of any of the roles that I’ve played up until now as ‘small’ roles. At the time, to me, they were all big roles. I’m thankful to the directors, and script writers that cast me, and entrusted me with the roles. Looking back, I was able to grow, little by little, through each production.

source: tenasia december 2014
translated by: prkbgm.tumblr.com
[!] please link back to this post, or at least mention ‘prkbgm@tumblr’ when posting elsewhere. 

thank you very much for sharing this interview :)

about his family..so a rumor about he and Park Bo Young are siblings are hoax?? I read on asianwiki and dramabeans, someone said and ask about this..first time I read about that, I thought..what?? they are siblings?? but why I never read a news about that or at least mentioned on Bogum and/or Boyoung article? I also checked his page on Naver and there is no info about that..Javabeans also answer that it's not true but she added "if that true, it means a super secret.." something like that..haha

on his interview with showbiz korea, MC asked him actor/actress who he really want to act together..and he said Jang Yoo Nam (if I'm not mistaken) and MC said oh..Park Bo Young's mother in movie Werewolf Boy..and he said yes..if that info is true..MC surely will tease Bogum about Park Bo Young but they didn't do that..so I thought where this rumour come from..is this because they have similar name?? haha..honestly I was thinking that they also have similarity on some of their facial pattern..

and my thought that he's the youngest child or at least he has an older siblings in his family is true..haha..I don't know..in my culture..it easy to differentiate someone who is oldest child or youngest child (or has an older siblings) in family..from my observation from his interview, videos, and BTS..it's obvious that he's the youngest child :)

wow..for all his answer..his parents has taught him very well :)

and btw thank you very much all..for posts, videos and translation :)

• Like 5

Talks about interview, is there any Bogum's post drama interview after he acted in IRY? I really want to know his thought about IRY, his character Min etc.. But I think he's busy with Reply 1988 now??

Post drama interview is one of interesting part if I love watching certain drama because from that interview I can know more about the drama, the actor/actress, his/her character, BTS, his/her thought about other cast and/or PD/crew, etc..

Bogum and Irene Music Bank today (20150821)

• Like 4

Guest ilchul

@fleurofjasmine thank you for the video and pics chingu :) he looks really young -he is young but you know what I mean :P) in those pics, how cute!!! would we see him like this in Reply 1988 drama? I think that we would see him in different age phases in the drama, so we can see him too young like in these pics and then a little older like Min and Yoon Hoo's caharacters? :D 

maybe it will take him sometime to go to variety shows, I hope soon though :D but like you said it's good thing that we get to see him every week as Music Bank's MC :D

@dahae2006 thank you for the article chingu :) from what I read there is parts of the interview similar to the interview our chingu @wizengamot shared with us couple hours ago, I'll try to translate as much as I can but I'm not that good like our chingus @tituyphing and @maiwun but it's better than nothing right? :D 

Edited by ilchul

Guest maiwun

@fleurofjasmine it's not his name that means "Health". In Korean the actual word for "Ministry of Health & Welfare" is "보건복지부" (Bogeon/Bogun Bokjibu) 

보건 -----> 보검, It's just a one consonant difference :D he mentioned in a Korean interview that it was his fans that came up with it xD

As for interviews after IRY, there aren't any. Only this goodbye message~ He just said his thanks and that IRY is a project he won't forget. (Will be subbing this one soon so full trans will be a little later~!)

Anyway, today's MC cut *w* 

cr. to KHJ

@ilchul hwaiting!!! it's totally fine! hahah my korean is bad TT but i'm studying hard :) let's all do our best and just help each other as much as we can \o/ like you said it's better than nothing ~