Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

27 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

Aigooooo... be still my heart.

But same-gender crush is nothing new in K-dramas, right? Reply 1997 got it. And I thought fans were okay with that.

I have watched some part of Reply 1997, the TV drama style in such Reply 1997 is wildly and impolitely presented as closed friends' society with curses and rude manners.  Reply 1997 showed love in several forms eg. close friend love as lead roles, senior-Junior love to compete for the husband's position as Reply series, bromance from lead actor's close friend to lead actor.

However, the actor who used to act with such bromance as lead actor' close friend would have some stuck image which might be obstacle in his coming projects as male.

Reply 1997 is different genre from Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, which is  beautifully elaborated as Young Saguek with splendid hanboks and deep love story between Crown Prince and Ra On in the palace with high class manners.(Romeo Juliet in Young Saguek)

True Friendship among Crown Prince, Kim Noble, and Kim Hyung is also interesting among controversially political situations by Monarchy, Kim Noble Family, White Mask Group. In my opinion, bromance is no need in this Moonlight TV drama, it looked irrelevant.  

1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

I have watched some part of Reply 1997, the TV drama style in such Reply 1997 is wildly and impolitely presented as closed friends' society with curses and rude manners.  Reply 1997's bromance from lead actor's close friend to lead actor; however, the actor who used to act with such bromance would have some image which might be obstacle in his coming projects.

Reply 1997 is different genre from Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, which is  beautifully elaborated as Young Saguek with splendid hanboks and nice love story between Crown Prince and Ra On in the palace with high class manners. True Friendship among Crown Prince, Kim Noble, and Kim Hyung is also interesting among controversially political situations by Monarchy, Kim Noble Family, White Mask Group. In my opinion, bromance is no need in this Moonlight TV drama, it looked irrelevant.  

Do we actually have different concept about this "bromance"? Well for me.. bromance is brotherhood, male-male friendship..which was what we get when we talk about Lee Yeong & Byeong Hyun. In my opinion, it's not actually "bro romance" as in romantic relationship between male-male characters. Sure, we tend to joke like it is "romance", but I think fans like it because brotherhood dynamics are usually funny to watch.

Some of bromance I loved

1. THE BROMANCE

I Remember You

(Lee Hyun & Lee Min)

b9a50220aff2ee37da24d3f4a395320d.gif

2.  Ssamundong kiddos' bromance

(Taeki, Sun Woo, Jung Hwan, Dong Ryong + Jung Bong)

t3.jpg

I love some more other favo bromances, but I'll keep it Bogummie-related.

• Like 10

Bogum had given hints that he would like to play a student role next.. anyone in Korea paying attention...production houses, TV stations, scriptwriters, etc...lol

Song Joongki was very lucky that DOTS script was ready for him the minute he stepped out of army camp after his discharge ^^

Bogum will be burdened about his next choice of project..drama or movie or ?  Something that cannot fail because MDBC was so highly well received and loved.. 

For me I am totally fine with whatever he wants to do !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Duong Pham said:

Hello everyone!

Long long long time no sign in. I was really busy since switching job this summer. Wondering if anyone here still remember me :sweatingbullets:

I want to join in Bo Gum's FM in 1 of 3 countries: Malaysia, Indonesia or Thailand.

Flight ticket is easy but Fan Meeting's ticket is a hard task to me. I've never ever join in any FM, don't know how to take a ticket, esp. in other country.

If anyone have info, please let me know :heart:

@Duong Pham welcome back to BG thread.  BG's fan will post update info for FM here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

Do we actually have different concept about this "bromance"? Well for me.. bromance is brotherhood, male-male friendship..which was what we get when we talk about Lee Yeong & Byeong Hyun. In my opinion, it's not actually "bro romance" as in romantic relationship between male-male characters. Sure, we tend to joke like it is "rmance", but I think fans like it because brotherhood dynamics are usually funny to watch.

Some of bromance I loved

Reveal hidden contents

1. THE BROMANCE

I Remember You

(Lee Hyun & Lee Min)

t3.jpg

aigooo i like the bromance you like too!! I find the KP and BG are comfortable with each  other maybe they have worked together for 5 projects. 

• Like 2

at this point i don't think language barrier will be an issue for the fan meets as fans would care more about just seeing him in person, i for sure would still be grinning like an idiot no matter what language he'll speak.:phew::lol: dang, i'm thinking which country should i go in hopes to attend the fan meet but it will surely be a struggle tho to buy tickets.:tears: 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

Do we actually have different concept about this "bromance"? Well for me.. bromance is brotherhood, male-male friendship..which was what we get when we talk about Lee Yeong & Byeong Hyun. In my opinion, it's not actually "bro romance" as in romantic relationship between male-male characters. Sure, we tend to joke like it is "rmance", but I think fans like it because brotherhood dynamics are usually funny to watch.

Some of bromance I loved

Hide contents

1. THE BROMANCE

I Remember You

(Lee Hyun & Lee Min)

t3.jpg

Ok, I understood your point. ( From Kwak's interview, such kind of feeling beyond friendship should be called with other word, not bromance. )

I like 2 Brotherly and male friendship (so called bromance) as you mentioned too

1. I remember you: Park Bo Gum acted too psychologically to others but he loved his elder brother very much to result in what this role did.

In KBS drama award 2015, in real life, Seo In Gook widely smiled and cheered when Park Bo Gum got 2 awards or showed his singing or acting skill on stage as 1/3 main MC on live big event as annual award.

2. Ssamundong's friendship and male relationship in Reply 1988 and in variety show candidly as in Youth Over the Flowers in Africa: I love them esp. Taeki and Sun Woo, they are as some used to mention about group friendship that there might be two persons with much more special than other members in the big group, this is Taeki and Sun Woo.  Actually, Taeki and Sun Woo turned from special friendship to family bonding later after Taek's dad married Sun Woo's mom. 

Coincidentally(or PD Shin from Reply 1988 knew this fact) , in real life, Park Bo Gum and Go Kyung-pyo have worked together in the same 5 acting projects+1 variety show+1 advertising  already;therefore, they both are very close from non-celebrity day to current position. 

In addition, in real life, I appreciates the brotherly and Sunbae-Hoobae (is it called Bromance too? not sure) from Song Joong Ki, Cha Tae Hyun, Im Joo Hwan to Maknae Park Bo Gum in Blossom Entertainment. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

as much as i would like to discuss but i do not wish to write anymore to expand this subject. i hope this person do not take advantage of bg being friend with him  to gain more media attention ( fame )from our bogummy. since everyone wants to talk about bogummy in their interview. GKP & SIG are totally different.

Spoiler

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Michelle JG said:

Anyone is voting AAA? I am able to buy points to vote now. Bo Gum is on the 1st for the time being. 

me,since day 1.:lol: didn't try buying points but the missions is giving me a headache so i might just do the same.:lol:

• Like 1

Oh dear, I do feel the need to clarify. I don't want any misunderstanding. When I talked about "shipping" the "bromance", I meant that to me, the friendship and brotherhood between LY and BY in MDBC and the relationship between LY and Eunach Jang is so beautifully written that to me, it's more beautiful than the loveline between the main couple. BY was a friend who steadfastly stuck to LY, stood by him and protected him, even to the point of sacrificing himself so as to protect LY and his love. It's so beautiful and heartwarming. As for Eunach Jang, here's is one person who serves the CP wholeheartedly and complies with his CP's instructions without questioning and without complaining. And he looks out for his interest at all times. So yes, I was touched by how these two relationships were so beautifully written. (now, you see what I mean when I said I cannot participate in the drama thread hehe...i often find myself being impressed by different things from others..)

And I agree with the comments by @tiendoank. In IRY, I was so touched by the longing, pining love that Min has for his brother to the point that I did not care about the loveline between the main couple at all and it won't have mattered to me if the script was written without a couple's loveline hehe...

So, that's what I meant in all the instances where I had referred to "bromance".

As for Kwakkie talking about the bromance between LY and BY in MDBC, I find it alright because he was basically just relating facts - that the writer had originally wanted to give it that twist but changed her mind. Actually, according to the Chinese translation, it's just that the lines were watered down quite a bit. In the Chinese translation, it did not say that the writer had intended a loveline between two men, but that the cheesy lines were watered down as it was feared the audience may not receive it well. 

Will look for the lines and translate in my next post.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, mai5116 said:

Just read in FB that the price ticket for the HK FM is around HK$1380. Not sure if this info is accurate. I'm sorry i can't screen shot it here since i'm using my phone now..

i think is about the same in MYR after conversion which is around RM750. Unless the ticket price has gone up but for FM is quite expensive already. 

• Like 1

Okay, the lines that were cut go like this - at the scene of BY's "death" : Because I have loved you wholeheartedly, I do not regret this. Because my desire is to protect you all my life and to see that you receive happiness, I have no regrets that I can give you this in return for my life. So, don't feel sad. 

When I read it, I was like, no...this should have been retained and I would have cried even more bitterly! Then I checked myself and decided not to post it here.

I'm a happily married person with a grown up son (he's just slightly younger than Bogummy) who has a girlfriend. Perhaps, because I have a son, I can really appreciate the beauty of friendship and brotherhood between males. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Michelle JG said:

i think is about the same in MYR after conversion which is around RM750. Unless the ticket price has gone up but for FM is quite expensive already. 

Yeah, it's around that. I think IME will announce the price ticket for KL FM soon. I keep on refreshing their Twitter feed but no update yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4evgbogummy said:

Okay, the lines that were cut go like this - at the scene of BY's "death" : Because I have loved you wholeheartedly, I do not regret this. Because my desire is to protect you all my life and to see that you receive happiness, I have no regrets that I can give you this in return for my life. So, don't feel sad. 

When I read it, I was like, no...this should have been retained and I would have cried even more bitterly! Then I checked myself and decided not to post it here.

I'm a happily married person with a grown up son (he's just slightly younger than Bogummy) who has a girlfriend. Perhaps, because I have a son, I can really appreciate the beauty of friendship and brotherhood between males. 

That's not cheesy if the lines were said during his "last moment".. and I agree. I would be in even worse blubbering mess than I had already been when I watched his dying scene. And I already sobbed so hard when I watched the raw, and sobbed even harder when I watched the sub. Had it been there... I dunno...

Glad Byeon Hyun was alive after all. I recalled I was so so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooo very happy when I saw his finger moved.

• Like 7

aghhrfahfh

18 minutes ago, 4evgbogummy said:

Oh dear, I do feel the need to clarify. I don't want any misunderstanding. When I talked about "shipping" the "bromance", I meant that to me, the friendship and brotherhood between LY and BY in MDBC and the relationship between LY and Eunach Jang is so beautifully written that to me, it's more beautiful than the loveline between the main couple. BY was a friend who steadfastly stuck to LY, stood by him and protected him, even to the point of sacrificing himself so as to protect LY and his love. It's so beautiful and heartwarming. As for Eunach Jang, here's is one person who serves the CP wholeheartedly and complies with his CP's instructions without questioning and without complaining. And he looks out for his interest at all times. So yes, I was touched by how these two relationships were so beautifully written. (now, you see what I mean when I said I cannot participate in the drama thread hehe...i often find myself being impressed by different things from others..)

And I agree with the comments by @tiendoank. In IRY, I was so touched by the longing, pining love that Min has for his brother to the point that I did not care about the loveline between the main couple at all and it won't have mattered to me if the script was written without a couple's loveline hehe...

So, that's what I meant in all the instances where I had referred to "bromance".

I understood the word of bromance as brotherly relationship and male bonding.

In Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, I really like

- the true friendship between Crown Prince and Kim Hyung which consisted of 1) Trust from Crown Prince to Kim Hyung; and 2) loyalty from Kim Hyung to Crown Prince. 

- For Crown Prince and Eunuch Jang, their relationship is respectful consists of 1) parently to advise, comment, praise, and feeling proud for; 2) loyalty to protect Crown Prince no matter what he faces and he loves; 3) faith and respect to Crown Prince as a royal boss in palace. In addition, I strongly appreciates these two actors' acting skill which complement each other to shine in each own's way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4evgbogummy said:

I started to understand BY more now. No wonder he wants to be the cloud. And i remember once he said he stays in the palace because of the people. So no doubt now is because of Lee Young the crown prince. 

Thanks for sharing though i cringed abit on the because i have loved you wholeheartedly line. hahahahaahhah but i am fine. :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mai5116 said:

Yeah, it's around that. I think IME will announce the price ticket for KL FM soon. I keep on refreshing their Twitter feed but no update yet

I don't think they will announce tonight. Maybe tomorrow or over weekend and i hope they can start to sell the ticket next week. Normally ticketing will open for sales 1 month before the event. Let's pray hard IME will get a good MC and translator for Malaysia FM. 

8 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

That's not cheesy if the lines were said during his "last moment".. and I agree. I would be in even worse blubbering mess than I had already been when I watched his dying scene. And I already sobbed so hard when I watched the raw, and sobbed even harder when I watched the sub. Had it been there... I dunno...

Glad Byeon Hyun was alive after all. I recalled I was so so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooo very happy when I saw his finger moved.

me too!!! i feel like slapping the writer when i saw BY die!!!!!! And i was so relieved when he was alive!! hahahahahahaha

• Like 1