Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

3 minutes ago, Michelle JG said:

comment no. 2 caught my sight. Uncle fan??? hahahahhaha Uncle likes Bo Gum too!!! yeah yeah!! hahahaha 

Park Bo gum has fans in male and female teens, adults, elders. 

Several-aged Audiences like good boy as Teuk in Reply 1988, witty Crown Prince Lee Yeong, and definitely nice young guy as Park Bo Gum.

In the Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, we could feel that Jung Eunuch, curved beard Kim Noble, King's Eunuch Head...they all appreciate Park Bo Gum. I read in the internet that one of Park Bo Gum's fans got LIKE in the Park Bo Gum's picture by King's Eunuch Head. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

I understood your feeling. I am not a shipper but I felt like why Kim Yoo Jung mentioned too explicitly that she has not feeling to this lovable guy, she could mention that she has just had bother-sister feeling instead. Anyway, I really like Kim Yoo Jung's acting skill and her witty maturity. 

Park Bo Gum is Kim Yoo Jung's nice oppa indeed. Park Bo Gum visited the place and the medias that Kim Yoo Jung was interviewing and mentioned her talent.

While medias are asking Kim Yoo Jung whether she generally has talent in dancing. A man interrupted and answered yes, Kim Yoo Jung is very well-talented in dancing. He is Lee Yeong, Park Bo Gum. Kim Yoo Jung was surprised to see Park Bo Gum. Park Bo Gum explained that he finished his interviews nearby so he came there. He greeted, cheered up Kim Yoo Jung and then left. Even TV drama ended but their chemistry and good relationship still keep on.

Thanks for sharing. BG is indeed very thoughtful and considerate. How can a 23 year-old guy behave so well? i am still very amaze at this point.......

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

:D I thought I was the only one to cover the eyes while watching bombastic video. Every time I click on it, I always remember that I haven't checked a page in a novel, or read Recaps on DB, I must at least do things that aren't necessary LOL. When I eventually tell myself, "gurl, stop stalling", I go back to watch the video but I end up taking my eyes away or covering my eyes or even gnashing my teeth. Should I call it "being shy"? Someone give me tips on how to watch the video without cringing.:tears:

And i thought i was the only one here feeling this way!! A big high 5!! I can only watch it normally(without cringing) when i am stress or angry then i will end up laughing after watching. hahahhaaha Bo Gum Magic. :)

• Like 5

@NongpeeP  people worked with Bo Gum feel better than anyone of us.  I am surprise  King's Eunuch Head did that. A big applause to uri BoGummy.   Jung Eunuch and curved beard Kim Noble are both lovely too. I watched their comment on BG in radiostar show. I can see the love popping out from their eyes.

Loves are everywhere in the pictures below. Just want to share with chingus here some of my favorite. :)

8-11_moonlight_drawn_by_clouds_2.jpg

d6e3cdaa56f686c67b5a4f5892e6ea23.jpg

Park-Chul-Min-Park-Bo-Gum.jpggogo.jpg

temp_9fdbbbd88a848760e87d0db4b0d5e32c.jp

• Like 11

im totally watching like normal the bombastic video and enjoying it even repeating many time...

for me it unique promotion for the drama and im like wow yeah Bogum gone wild and what the heck im gonna expect from this drama idek anymore but whatever now im more interested to watch this since Bombastic successfully lure me into MDBC world :P one of memorable drama teaser for me and im glad Bogum did it even he got embarrassed forever after doing it lmao but badass Lee Young and his Eunuch Jang promoting their drama always stuck in my head for long time

• Like 8

Park Bo-gum, grateful as ever

by awcoconuts | October 29, 2016 | 7 Comments

bgiv8.jpgParkBogum_int1.jpg

Viewers who’ve seen Youths Over Flowers in Africa already know this, but Park Bo-gum(23) is of unique ilk, a rare breed. Although his mild-mannered, respectful, real-life persona didn’t bleed through his commanding presence onscreen as Crown Prince Yi Yeong in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, his humility and thoughtfulness were on full display during press interviews held just over a week after the finale of the hit TV show.

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds finished strong with over 20% in viewership ratings and never released its hold on the top spot for Monday-Tuesday dramas, a lead it had established in its second week. In following up his Answer Me 1988 success with another ratings winner, Park is the first to break the so-called Answer Me curse — up until now, other alums had failed to maintain the hype and adoration bestowed upon them during their franchise stint in the works that immediately followed.

He debuted in 2011 in the film Blind, then appeared in a handful of dramas and movies before really making an impression in last year’s I Remember You. Despite playing varied roles (his cold, psychopathic character in I Remember You couldn’t have been more different from lovable, hapless Taek in Answer Me 1988), Park had never been in a historical drama before.

bgiv1.jpg

“This is my first attempt at sageuk. I felt my shortcomings. I was woefully deficient compared to my esteemed sunbaes who are in the middle of their careers. Even the words were not ones I was used to saying in contemporary dramas, so I tried to make them come from my mouth easily.”

“[Yi Yeong] has his own charm as a character, different from other crown princes we’ve seen so far. And it was a role of a different color compared to my previous roles.” Park continued, “My acting sunbaes really nailed down the focus of the story, and the environment on set was great. I would approach the set each day excited and joyful. The environment was so warm, I wondered if it was okay to receive so much love.”

His favorite line from the drama? Park said, “I liked it when Yeong said, ‘It’s Yi Yeong. My name.’ I think fondly of that dialogue because it was the first time I’d told Ra-on [Kim Yoo-jung’s character] my name and because it was the first time I’d expressed my desire to be her friend.”

bgiv4.jpg

Park went on, apologetic that he had been so busy since the show wrapped. “I don’t remember the individual words all that well. I really want to go back to the script and organize it later.” He admitted, “I’m sorry I wasn’t able to fully prepare for this interview. I just returned from Cebu yesterday and had to film an ad and work on post-recordings. I wanted to go back through the script and underline the lines that I enjoyed and tell you about them and I’m sorry,” he repeated to reporters, who were somewhat taken aback by the courtesy shown by Park.

The young actor attributed the success of the drama to his peers, producers and staff. “Kim Yoo-jung has a lot of sageuk experience and her ability to concentrate and emote are really good. She meticulously analyzed the script and she caught a lot of nuances I missed. Kwak Dong-yeon [loyal bodyguard Byung-yeon] has a maturity beyond his years. He has a masculine voice and is good at expressing emotions. Acting with him, my whole body would tingle.”

bgiv3.jpg

“I was grateful I got to work with the esteemed sunbae actors I look up to. As I watched my sunbaes act, I felt my shortcomings, and I received a lot of acting guidance.” Park continued, “I’m grateful to the designers who made us the beautiful hanbok, and the effects and lighting team who cared for my pimply face as if it were their own skin.”

He may have just wrapped playing a crown prince, but Park now wants to play a different kind of youth and had a twinkle in his eye as he said, “I want to do a youth drama before I get too old. Through the historical drama I got to wear many handsome hanbok and got to show the beauty of the classics; this time I want to show the beauty of Korean school uniforms.”

Marking yet another first in the actor’s career, Park sang a song for the drama’s soundtrack, and he expressed a desire to do more projects incorporating music. “I’d like to try my hand at growth stories in which the characters speak to each other through music, like 200 Pound Beauty, Scandal Makers, Begin Again, Sing Street. As I participated on the OST, I began to have these thoughts.”

bgiv2.jpg

How did he feel about being asked to sing for the soundtrack? “Participating in the OST wasn’t hard at all. It was something I’ve wanted to do for a while and so it was an honor.” “I’m thankful I was gifted a good song and good lyrics, and it was a great opportunity for me. If I search Park Bo-gum on the Internet, now an album cover pops up. It’s surreal and a memory I won’t forget. I even captured reaching number one on the music charts,” he laughed.

He received a lot of support from his fellow agency sunbaes. “I was grateful to (Song) Joong-ki hyung because in the beginning when I didn’t have confidence or conviction about the role, he would advise me to have self-confidence. (Cha) Tae-hyun hyung did a special cameo for us without hesitation, and (Im) Joo-hwan hyung has a lot of sageuk experience so he would mentor me in detail. I’m truly grateful. I don’t think I could have acted as Yi Yeong correctly without my agency family.”

Park said, “I hope that for a lot of people, just seeing the moonlight will cause them to think of Moonlight Drawn By Clouds. The drama was a blessing to me.” He continued, “Truly, because of this drama which received so much love, I’m pushing myself a little harder. In acting, in the way I live my life, I keep thinking to myself, I want to proceed more honestly and wisely.”

bgiv5.jpghttp://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/park-bo-gum-grateful-as-ever/

• Like 13

@NongpeeP @Michelle JG @mellinadear @bogumminion   Ah...it feels like home here :D I hope we can always share happiness and frustrations without worry. As a fan who have survived Reply fan wars, I would like to say don't think too hard and believe in possibilities with Bo Gum's talent and wisdom I assure you, we won't be disappointed. ^^ 

Spoiler

No one can bring harm to this boy anymore. Everyone is just doing their own thing. 

Edit: deleted parts 

On the resurface of  controversy , nice try but bad timing :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

@Michelle JGThat issue has been cleared and dragging it back. It will be a problem for new fans that didn't bother to get to know him better.

@NongpeePTired of the whys too and the blame game. Most are not actually Bogum fans and expected him to act in a certain way. He is his own person and that's we in this thread loves him.

Wonders never cease. It has been a long while dramabeans publishing an interview of an an actor. 

Cv7Q3uDVYAEklNK.jpg

MDBC cast is shooting Happy Together. They will probably be Bogum related question

Cv7LyUHUEAA0IeV.jpg

@salzLove that boombastic vid too. After drought of Bogum MDBC news suddenly that vid with Bogum dancing live in Gwanghamoon. Just bring a smile to everyone and a great way to promote MDBC. That first teaser is a win.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Michelle JG said:

@NongpeeP  people worked with Bo Gum feel better than anyone of us.  I am surprise  King's Eunuch Head did that. A big applause to uri BoGummy.   Jung Eunuch and curved beard Kim Noble are both lovely too. I watched their comment on BG in radiostar show. I can see the love popping out from their eyes.

Loves are everywhere in the pictures below. Just want to share with chingus here some of my favorite. :)

8-11_moonlight_drawn_by_clouds_2.jpg

d6e3cdaa56f686c67b5a4f5892e6ea23.jpg

Park-Chul-Min-Park-Bo-Gum.jpggogo.jpg

temp_9fdbbbd88a848760e87d0db4b0d5e32c.jp

Additionally 
I like this news

Actor Park Bo-gum wins 'older' women's hearts

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201610241549560261056_2

Cvljq6PUAAARLcg.jpg

Han Yoo Yeon : The Evil Queen>

Park Bo Gum is tender, externally good looking and internally good heart. He is flawless. I can't hate this man but I have to play his opposite role which hate him the most. I had to concentrate but it was difficult indeed. I had to express my hatred but I can't do.  

Generally Park Bo Gum will greet with his cute voice that Noona, Anyongaseyo. My hatred failed so I had to pay more attention to my role.

• Like 8

Re KYJ's response about her not liking Bogummy in a romantic way, my respect for her has actually gone up many notches!

Spoiler

I find that response very mature and shows her respect for Bogummy (because if supposing she knows something about Bogummy that fans and the media don't??), her response will kill off any rumour mongering since their on screen chemistry has been much talked about. After all, she's still very young and she also needs to protect her own image. Some media houses may be waiting to pounce on any scandal material and a response that does not feed that thirst is to me, a very smart response indeed! Would also like to add that, in the Asian context,  a female saying she treats an older male like an older brother does not have the same innocent effect as a male saying he treats a younger girl as his younger sister. That's why I'm now very impressed with KYJ's maturity.

But sadly, some of her fans and some shipper fans are not as enlightened as their bias, sigh.....

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Michelle JG said:

I just checked. It is over 3 mils now. :) To be frank , i feel a bit shy to watch the playful version of BG/CP. hahahahahaha i dunno why. i have to peep between my fingers to watch the video. 

3M! Wow! That was fast!

Spoiler

@mellinadear: You read Henri Nouwen? He's one of my fave authors! His books really speak to the heart!

• Like 5

@onlysb1 

Spoiler

reading your post make me feel better. i thought i am too sensitive noticing each words with CTH movie press con to this interview. i know i am late but need to rent a bit....

@Michelle JG 

Spoiler

arr. we have a same feeling.. at least she should show some respect not to effect others. 

{Credit: 4evgbogummy}  Kim Hyung also mentioned that Park Bo Gum  has been giving him a lot of advice. There's one with regard to speech - that you must always choose wisely to speak in a manner that will not cause harm to or negatively affect others. So, between your own interest versus others', choose others' interest first.  i truly respect bogum for this...he may see all interviews but he is quite mature person as kim hyung said.....

I wish someone can compile bogum interview good comments in one page will be better. i try to look for it. but could not find it . is it.@NoongpeeP or @Inns post it somewhere...

my favourite picture - always from flacon...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

@NongpeeP @Michelle JG @mellinadear @bogumminion   Ah...it feels like home here :D I hope we can always share happiness and frustrations without worry. As a fan who have survived Reply fan wars, I would like to say don't think too hard and believe in possibilities with Bo Gum's talent and wisdom I assure you, we won't be disappointed. ^^ 

Hide contents

No one can bring harm to this boy anymore. Everyone is just doing their own thing. 

On Yoo Jung, apparently Oppa-Dongsaeng wasn't sufficient she had to say ”not reliable, not my ideal, not like everyone must love him" so this has nothing to do with Bo Gum or us. :phew:

On bromance, I don't want to bring this up outside of here but I'm sure you all remember KWB - LJS bromance and as far as I know no one made a fuss about it internationally or locally. I think media questions about this has no malice, so don't mind bashers   ^_^ 

On the resurface of  controversy , nice try but bad timing :sweatingbullets:

In my opinion, imagination from TV Drama between lead actor and lead actress is understandable. The lead roles would be no matter creating chemistry or acting great, it is good to have shippers or fans on individual. 

I appreciated Kim Yoo Jung to be reliable enough in acting or in interviews, she answered all questions with details and references to show her sincerity, maturity, and professional sense. Last but not least, she has not harmed anyone by playing medias. Among actresses for her age, I like Kim Yoo Jung the most and is very happy to have known that she has worked with Park Bo Gum.(not other candidates for this role)

For Bromance to gain some group of fans as others, Park Bo Gum has already been in the stage of no need because he himself can stand tall with his acting and  his own being. Definitely I don't want to see any others use Park Bo Gum for this matter. 

30 minutes ago, dahae2006 said:

@onlysb1 

Hide contents

reading your post make me feel better. i thought i am too sensitive noticing each words from CTH vlive to this interview. i know i am late but need to rent a bit....

@Michelle JG 

Hide contents

arr. we have a same feeling.. at least she should show some respect not to effect others. 

@onlysb1and @Michelle JG

Could you explain more about this? (In case that I might participate) 

• Like 2

My favorite parts in the interview articles. :)

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000921202 
Kwak Dong Yeon, "I was expecting our first meeting and was taking makeup in my car. Bogum hyung got in my car. Just said 'Hi' then mute for 1 hour. Bogum hyung is shy with strangers too, but he seemed to try a lot. It took two hours for me to speak informally."

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=111&aid=0000470118 
Kwak Dong Yeon, "I want to participate in the OST for sure next time. Bogum hyung and I made the team name already. It's 'Bo Dong Bo Dong', we will be the second Hong Cha (Hong Gyung Min & Che Tae Hyun)' (laughs)

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=119&aid=0002153422 
When KDY was asked how he releases stress, he answered, "Bogum hyung says he releases his stress with praying. I want to follow just half of him. I shout or drink liquor. Bogum hyung and I are different style."

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000515025 
Bogum: "I also go straight when I work or date. I tend to focus on only one thing at a time, I feel difficult to take care others. When I date, I express my feeling how I like." / Reporter: "Now you have break time, it's time to date?" / Bogum: "No. Now I have break time, I should go to school again."

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002861341 
While talking about Yoojung's solo dance, she was asked, "Didn't you have talent in dancing from before?', a man suddenly appeared and answered, "Yes. Yoojung has a lot of talent in dancing." It was Crown Prince Yi Young, actor Park Bogum. With his sudden appearance, Yoojung couldn't hide her surprised face and greeted brightly. "I just finished my interview nearby, so I dropped by here." Park Bogum cheered Kim Yoojung then left. Although the drama has ended, their chemistry was still going on.

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000515024 
I appreciated and felt honored that I could record OST which was my dream. I search my name at the streaming chart. (laughs) I feel so marvelous that my song is there. I think I can perform live. But I should practice a lot. Ah is there copyright profit to me? Even I just sang it? Ah really? (Big Smile)"

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0002362272 
What is the common thing between Yi Young and Park Bogum?
"I think it's 外柔內剛(an iron hand in the velvet glove). Yi Young is also very tender outside, looks weak in the drama, but inside, he was very strong and solid. I also look like this outside but I have manliness inside..." when Bogum said the word 'manliness', he clenched his fists.

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001143659 
"At the last scene with Yi Joonhyuk sunbaenim (Eunuch Jang), when I was walking dressed in the king's robe and he shouted 'Your majesty is entering', our eyes met. I got teary. It reminded me of all the hard times and shaken moments while preparing Yi Young, my steps got heavier. I felt this is the real final moment as Yi Young. So I'd like to give applause and console Yi Young who is wearing the king's robe. 'You wanted to express the freewheelingness of your age, and you endured well the burden and the responsibility which was not of your age.'

• Like 22

21 minutes ago, saturn. said:

My favorite parts in the interview articles. :)

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=119&aid=0002153422 
When KDY was asked how he releases stress, he answered, "Bogum hyung says he releases his stress with praying. I want to follow just half of him. I shout or drink liquor. Bogum hyung and I are different style."

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000515025 
Bogum: "I also go straight when I work or date. I tend to focus on only one thing at a time, I feel difficult to take care others. When I date, I express my feeling how I like." / Reporter: "Now you have break time, it's time to date?" / Bogum: "No. Now I have break time, I should go to school again."

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002861341 
While talking about Yoojung's solo dance, she was asked, "Didn't you have talent in dancing from before?', a man suddenly appeared and answered, "Yes. Yoojung has a lot of talent in dancing." It was Crown Prince Yi Young, actor Park Bogum. With his sudden appearance, Yoojung couldn't hide her surprised face and greeted brightly. "I just finished my interview nearby, so I dropped by here." Park Bogum cheered Kim Yoojung then left. Although the drama has ended, their chemistry was still going on.

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000515024 
I appreciated and felt honored that I could record OST which was my dream. I search my name at the streaming chart. (laughs) I feel so marvelous that my song is there. I think I can perform live. But I should practice a lot. Ah is there copyright profit to me? Even I just sang it? Ah really? (Big Smile)"

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0002362272 
What is the common thing between Yi Young and Park Bogum?
"I think it's 外柔內剛(an iron hand in the velvet glove). Yi Young is also very tender outside, looks weak in the drama, but inside, he was very strong and solid. I also look like this outside but I have manliness inside..." when Bogum said the word 'manliness', he clenched his fists.

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001143659 
"At the last scene with Yi Joonhyuk sunbaenim (Eunuch Jang), when I was walking dressed in the king's robe and he shouted 'Your majesty is entering', our eyes met. I got teary. It reminded me of all the hard times and shaken moments while preparing Yi Young, my steps got heavier. I felt this is the real final moment as Yi Young. So I'd like to give applause and console Yi Young who is wearing the king's robe. 'You wanted to express the freewheelingness of your age, and you endured well the burden and the responsibility which was not of your age.'

I wanna thank you and mentioned that I like almost all interviews you mentioned too. 

• Like 3