Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Looking at the most recent brand reputation rankings, the list is no joke! i thought that it was limited to actors and actresses appearing in  airing dramas covered by the period indicated. But no! It includes those in dramas and films, whether past or present! Daebak, Bogum, Daebak! 453% increase?! Mindblowing! The "Bogum Effect" has solid basis and cannot be refuted!

• Like 9

@bogumminion it actually makes me wonder if all those taking up lead roles feel this way? The pressure of peoples' eyes in you in any role and how you can carry and interpret the role. It really is hard work.

I truly commend those who are into acting (doesn't mean there aren't those who still need a lil more work & practice though). 

@Grace1003 hear hear. I hope he gets more success. Fame doesn't last but the impression you leave on people lasts longer. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Next on the news should be PBG has become an airport ninja. Fans will be lucky if  coincidentally bumped into Bogum in the US. So glad he will be under the radar and trying all those yummy foods. Maybe we will get a full cheeked Bogum when he came back. Though one or two pics will surely surface later unless he goes to a mountain or something. 

@NongpeePso happy for Bogum. The most important thing is not the popularity itself but people acknowledging him as a great actor with powerful dramas on his resume.

@bogumminionThanks for the translation. Shin PD should let go of the thought of Bogum stopped contacting him:D

He is still contacting the director of his first debut movie "Blind" until now. Bogum remembers everyone contributing to his success and I especially love his homework regarding with reporters for his interview round. Such a thoughtful gesture.

Press photos from Star Daily News

Cv6qdb6WcAEwbEP.jpg

Cv6qdb9WAAAv2xz.jpg

Cv6qdb7WEAAWCVK.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bogumminion said:

Hide contents

@mellinadear The selfish little minion in me is secretly happy because it wasn't Bo Gum who wrecked YeongOn ship. The irrational shippers won't have any reason to attack him anymore.

Spoiler

I still do not get why Park Bo Gum should be blamed by irrational shippers but luckily Kim Yoo Jung mentioned wittily to her age. :D 
Anyway, rational shippers would be appreciated as same as fans because they have had their own preference to be respected and I believed that no matter Park Bo Gum or his rational shippers would wholeheartedly support him. 

• Like 9

A reporter mentioned that he(Gummy) was the first to be casted and first to make the choice, what attracted him (to mdbc)?

He turned the question around and asked the reporter, "what is the first image u think of when u hear wang seja?"

Reporter: joseon 2nd generation chabeol?

Gummy said, "that's what i thought too. if it really is that kind of character, I would not have taken it up".

Trans©: @snorants 

Me: pfft..I thought the era of asking a question with another question was long Gone Gummy LOL. It's still in you. That aside, I want to see him in Chaebol roles, and fatherly roles & any role. Yes, I'm that greedy. 

@sara2908 I'm gonna give him a pass( for now) for being in ninja mode. I don't want to get used to not seeing him & not saving airport pics. Very soon I will start crying for any glimpse of him LOL. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mellinadear said:

@sara2908 I'm gonna give him a pass( for now) for being in ninja mode. I don't want to get used to not seeing him & not saving airport pics. Very soon I will start crying for any glimpse of him LOL. 

Your post hits my feeling. I am in two minds to be very happy with Park Bo Gum's phenomenon success while I am a bit sad to see things around him change. We can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

SUCCESS: 

- Medias have presented his news for months with amazing scoops, many people in showbiz would have mentioned about him here and there.

- Post drama interviews have been done with over than 50 medias and his news have been presented on the cover page of the  large newspapers and web's cover pages.

- From very small role in movie, supporting roles, and shared main roles in Reply1988 even he has got the husband role  to be with main actress with Controversy, and currently in the super lead role in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds. 

Park Bo Gum has got the leading role in TV drama in the main channel in Korea esp. his TV drama has none other sub-plots unrelated to his role but focusing only his Crown Prince's role and definitely the success of over 20 percents rating in the most difficult time slot as Mon-Tue on weekdays in KBS.

- Not only in Korea but his recognition has been substantially done in several countries in one of highest level.

- Park Bo Gum will receive much more opportunity as a lead actor from now on with tons of offers from TV drama, movies, product endorsements, etc.

- Park Bo Gum's first OST single has got no.1 in leading charts and still be in high rank even he is not a singer.

- etc. much more than to be wholly described.

COSTS of SUCCESS:

- All of his movements have been closely monitored, I am fun to follow the fans' who can find information about Park Bo Gum too while I sympathy Park Bo Gum to be publicly invaded. 

- Some irrational fans treat Park Bo Gum too aggressively to be in the dangerous stage eg.

Grabbing his body, neck, face as in the airport.

Screaming out loud in the public area which might disturb others and scare Park Bo Gum.

- Park Bo Gum has been expected upon all people's different preferences eg. 

why would he show his fear when his fans drag him with hands

why would he not greet all fans while they went from far area to meet

why would he cover his face with mask

why would he not close to this actress 

why would he close too much with this actor or that actress

why would he have to hold his manager's arm

why would he have to hold his colleague's hand in the rush situation

why would he not go with this actress or than actor

why would he not give time for fans as much as he used to

why would he believe in this religion

why would he have been to the church which might have someone in the scandal

why would he be brought to the scandal of one's belief whose closed to the president's corruption investigation

why would he call an actress as his wife as same as in the TV drama's role in the award ceremony

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY 

Anyway, it is fact of life to be more glad to be successful and have to live as reputable celebrity, rather being distressed from unsuccess and nobody cares. Working in showbiz is aimed to be in this trending stage actually.

From his interviews, Park Bo Gum has had witty family, smart agency as Blossom, cool members in Blossom to support with understanding as people in showbiz too, last but not least Park Bo Gum's own being which would shield him in blessing situations. 

As a celebrity's fans, I wholeheartedly congratulate him. 

• Like 12

13 hours ago, mellinadear said:

The reporter conducting the interview asks, “If he’s such a good person, isn’t it hard to not have feelings for him?”

Kim Yoo Jung responds firmly, “Everyone is wondering how it’s possible to not like him [romantically], but it’s not like everyone in the world must like Bo Gum oppa. And I don’t.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/28/kim-yoo-jungs-mother-sister-thought-actually-liked-park-bo-gum/ 

Ouch! Shippers aren't gonna be happy with the last sentence.

my heart sting a little when i read her last comment. Though I am not a shipper but i find this answer being too direct. We are like siblings would be better. hahahahaha sorry i am being protective here. my fault but i can't help to feel that way. 

I love you Bo Gum ah. You are the best!! Not everyone must like you but i am. 

• Like 8

@4evgbogummy  yes Mickey Huang is a famous MC in Taiwan and Bo Gum was lucky to get him to host his 1st fan meeting. I enjoyed watching the fm so much. Mickey and the translator Noona like Bo Gum as well. 

I think this video should have been shown here before but i reattach again for everyone. Mickey praised Bo Gum in his own show. Please enjoy. Eng subbed. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2jKmTKcnHw

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Michelle JG said:

my heart sting a little when i read her last comment. Though I am not a shipper but i find this answer being too direct. We are like siblings would be better. hahahahaha sorry i am being protective here. my fault but i can't help to feel that way. 

I love you Bo Gum ah. You are the best!! Not everyone must like you but i am. 

I understood your feeling. I am not a shipper but I felt like why Kim Yoo Jung mentioned too explicitly that she has not feeling to this lovable guy, she could mention that she has just had bother-sister feeling instead. Anyway, I really like Kim Yoo Jung's acting skill and her witty maturity. 

Park Bo Gum is Kim Yoo Jung's nice oppa indeed. Park Bo Gum visited the place and the medias that Kim Yoo Jung was interviewing and mentioned her talent.

While medias are asking Kim Yoo Jung whether she generally has talent in dancing. A man interrupted and answered yes, Kim Yoo Jung is very well-talented in dancing. He is Lee Yeong, Park Bo Gum. Kim Yoo Jung was surprised to see Park Bo Gum. Park Bo Gum explained that he finished his interviews nearby so he came there. He greeted, cheered up Kim Yoo Jung and then left. Even TV drama ended but their chemistry and good relationship still keep on.

• Like 6

@sara2908 seriously every time there is a big political issue in SK, the media will divert the public attention to artists.

What has this related to BG? He is a kind, polite, warm and considerate boy. He shares his positive energy to everyone. He is warm and hardworking.

What else they want? Please don't find fault on purpose.

• Like 6

@michelle jg There will always be those who want to find faults in everything. It's like @NongpeeP mentioned above. The "Why" question will always be there. Apart from the church issue, there are others who just want to find fault.

I was on YouTube yesterday watching some PBG videos/MVs and some comments made me laugh. "I can't just wrap my head around him", " he's a good guy but why do I feel like there's more to him", "people like him have a dark aura". I burst out laughing because well, I can't blame them. We live in a world where we can't trust people anymore & the few good people in the world gets questioned like you can't be all good/perfect. They keep forgetting that not everyone is perfect & there woukd be flaws lol. The K-ent industry has been in disarray this past months so it's expected that people might feel that way/suspect him. 

"As long as we continue to live as if we are what we do, what we have, and what other people think about us, we will remain filled with judgments, opinions, evaluations, and condemnations. We will remain addicted to putting people and things in their "right" place.- Henri J.M. Nouwen 

it's how the world works anyway. Don't be too worried over such things/allkpop itself. 

Bogum has clarified the issue earlier this year. A journalist also clarified it (chk the article posted by @stroppyse few pages back). Will it stop people from doubting? No! There will still be those who will even want to fuel the fire, so let's not give them a chance to & ignore such nonsense. :)

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Grace1003 said:

Bogum's Bombas

tic teaser on YT now has 2M views!☺

I just checked. It is over 3 mils now. :) To be frank , i feel a bit shy to watch the playful version of BG/CP. hahahahahaha i dunno why. i have to peep between my fingers to watch the video. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Michelle JG said:

I just checked. It is over 3 mils now. :) To be frank , i feel a bit shy to watch the playful version of BG/CP. hahahahahaha i dunno why. i have to peep between my fingers to watch the video. 

:D I thought I was the only one to cover the eyes while watching bombastic video. Every time I click on it, I always remember that I haven't checked a page in a novel, or read Recaps on DB, I must at least do things that aren't necessary LOL. When I eventually tell myself, "gurl, stop stalling", I go back to watch the video but I end up taking my eyes away or covering my eyes or even gnashing my teeth. Should I call it "being shy"? Someone give me tips on how to watch the video without cringing.:tears:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellinadear said:

[naver] PARK BOGUM "THE PRINCE'S FLOWER SMILE"

2. Spend a good time, your uncle fan is watching over you ^^

http://pann-choa.blogspot.com.ng/2016/10/naver-celebrities-airport-fashion_28.html?m=1

comment no. 2 caught my sight. Uncle fan??? hahahahhaha Uncle likes Bo Gum too!!! yeah yeah!! hahahaha 

• Like 6