Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Annyeong chingus! I miss this thread. An old member and lurker. Sorry I have not been able to be  that active here in Bogum's thread but I was active in RoY drama thread then. Btw, Bogum is a corporal now. One rank above private. And there are only 364 days left before his discharged. Hephep Hooray!!! 

20210502-003156.jpg

Screenshot-2021-0502-003243.jpg

credit: owners 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

K-netizens Assemble the Perfect GIF Set of Actors Suitable to Play the Male Lead in Highly Anticipated K-drama Adaptation of Novel The Youngest Son of Sunyang.

IMG-20210502-202450.jpg

Spoiler

sunyang.jpg

Spoiler

I'm sure the final casting will NOT be one of these talented and charismatic male actors but one can wish, along with appreciating the GIF and selection talents of K- netizens.

The novel The Youngest Son of Sunyang (also called The Chaebol Family's Youngest Son) was announced to be adapted to a K-drama around fall of 2020 with an anticipated airing in June 2021.

Clearly that didn'thappen in that timeline but the project remains  ongoing and netizens note the male lead character is super desirable to play with a really compelling arc.  

It tells the story of a man wrongly accused of embezzling money by a chaebol family and murdered (not sure if really dead or just almost died and came back to life), who then becomes the youngest son of the family to try and destroy them.  Writing the script is the writer who adapted Sungkyunkwan Scandal and directing is the PD of W: Two Worlds.

Netizens think any of these 9 actors would be perfect (and differently done) for the role: Kim Soo Hyun, Park Bo Gum, Yoo Seung Ho, Kim Woo Bin, Yeo Jin Gu, Kwak Dong Yeon, Woo Do Hwan, Seo Kang Joon, and Lee Jong Seok.

download.jpg
Illinformed-Classic-Fawn-size-restricted

Spoiler

I can live with any of these guys, please give them a juicy melo revenge yes!

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/05/02/k-netizens-assemble-the-perfect-gif-set-of-actors-suitable-to-play-the-male-lead-in-highly-anticipated-k-drama-adaptation-of-novel-the-youngest-son-of-sunyang/#comment-722142

Welcome back @KimchiNoona! Uri Bogummy deserves that title although  I'm not very knowledgeable in military title but it think it is a good thing.

Plus another good news is days are really flying. So we'll wait for another 363 days and Bogum will be out from MS. Party On!!!

• Like 4

One of my fave scenes in the movie when Seobok soothed the guilty conscience of Kiheon. He made the tomb near water since Kiheon's friend was just drowned in the water.  I cried here so heavily while  understanding Seobok and Kiheon's feelings towards the unfortunate event.  This CG is so beautifully done. :thumbsup:

savetweetvid-E0-Ua0-V-UUAECzo1.gif
savetweetvid-E0-Ub-Qjz-Vc-AAMh-Lf.gif

ctto

20210502-001505.jpg
20210502-001507.jpg

20210502-001503.jpg

cr:logo

• Like 6

Spoiler

According to the Korea Film Promotion Commission's Film Network, the cumulative number of audiences until the 2nd of this month, when the theater ended, was only 370,000 . The production cost was 16.5 billion won, but the movie theater sales were only 3.5 billion won.

https://n.news.naver.com/article/081/0003183500

These numbers are somehow predicted by the distributor since it had released in two-ways. But I think given the situation of Covid these numbers are already a much better stat. If Seobok hadn't been released two - ways, surely the stat would be bigger but that's like a punch to the moon bec of covid situation where Korea is always in 2.0 to 2.5 level.  At least the audience have another way on how to enjoy the movie plus Seobok made history in the film industry to be the trailblazer of these kinds of releases while other films from last year headed straightly to OTT. 

:approves:

Heartfelt, Romantic Sageuks: Filling The Void After “River Where The Moon Rises”

IMG-20210503-061952.jpg

Another Joseon romance! In “Love in the Moonlight,” Hong Ra On (Kim Yoo Jung) dresses as a man and earns a living by providing dating advice and writing love letters for men to get the women of their dreams. The story begins when a client asks her to meet the woman he loves in person and impress her. Ra On’s low on money and high in debt, so she agrees, but the woman turns out to be a man! Crown Prince Hyomyeong (Park Bo Gum) is wary of the person who’s been professing love to his sister so he comes to the meeting instead of her and is very unimpressed by Ra On, whom he thinks is a fraud. Ra On has no idea and tries to bluff her way out but they immediately get on each other’s bad side. Ra On even leaves him in a pit! One thing leads to another and Ra On is roped into becoming a palace eunuch, but she later finds out that the Prince she’s serving is the same guy she left in a pit!

Why you’ll love it: Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung both have magnetic presences onscreen and this drama is no different. There are plenty of sweet moments, and the palace intrigue is less heavy, making this a breezy, satisfying watch.

Spoiler
  •  
tumblr_odh9h70gq01qgn70bo4_540.gifv

In addition to all this eye candy, there’s the magnificent beauty that is Kwak Dong Yeon in Joseon garb.

kwak-dong-yeon2.jpg

This man needs a lead role in a sageuk now. Look at that presence and charisma. Phew!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465373wpp/heartfelt-romantic-sageuks-filling-the-void-after-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Park Bo Gum talks about working with Gong Yoo, director Lee Yong Joo’s support & more in interview for Seobok

In an interview conducted before his enlistment, the actor talked about his time on the sets of the movie Seobok and a lot more. Read on to know more.

Enter the Korean details: 

‘Seobok’, released on April 15 on Netflix features a stunning cast of South Korea’s two heartthrobs - Park Bo Gum and Gong Yoo.

It’s a sci-fi thriller about an exhausted, on-the-verge-of-dying Min Gi Heon (Gong Yoo) who has to train the first-ever human clone, Seo Bok (Park Bo Gum).

The movie created quite a buzz among many Korean culture enthusiasts since its time of announcement. 

Gong Yoo took part in the film promotions all by himself, with a few other producers and directors, as Park Bo Gum went for his military duty on August 31, last year.

Today, Xports News released an interview conducted with the actor before his enlistment. He went on to talk about his impressions working with senior actor Gong Yoo, his learning and understanding of Seobok, the support he received on set and much more. 

The interview started with Park Bo Gum explaining why he chose SeoBok as his first feature film. Bo Gum replied, “What makes us humans? Why does science and technology need bioethics? Seobok gave me time to think about that.”

Talking about his first lead role in a feature film, he said that he was able to fully immerse in his role as he was working with senior actors and director Lee Yong Joo, who he immensely trusted.

He also added that his preparation is always the same - he believes that production isn’t something on which he works on alone, but everyone works together and he tries to give his best in every place he’s put in. 

Talking about getting in the role of a human clone, Park Bo Gum shared that it wasn’t easy to do so. He said that it was a character like a child who had to mature too quickly.

He had many discussions with the director to portray Seobok in the best possible way. He shared that the director told him how he would want Seobok to be - dignified but not too young - and the actor studied a lot to portray it in the best way. 

He then talked about working with Gong Yoo, saying that he couldn’t believe he was working with him for a feature film. He even revealed that he’s such a big fan of him that he has watched all his movies!

He added compliments saying,  “I had a lot of worries while portraying Seobok, but he gave me encouragement and advice to boost my confidence and took good care of me.

He also said that compared to the Gi Heon he had imagined, Gong Yoo portrayed even more emotional depth. He ended with saying that he’s an actor he would like to work with again and definitely emulate. 

When talking about what Seobok expresses, he said that the message the film carries is that of ‘Human desires require morality’ and also that one should always be grateful for what they have.

https://www-pinkvilla-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/park-bo-gum-talks-about-working-gong-yoo-director-lee-yong-joo-s-support-more-interview-seobok-722475?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16200283507635&amp_ct=1620028507267&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinkvilla.com%2Fentertainment%2Fpark-bo-gum-talks-about-working-gong-yoo-director-lee-yong-joo-s-support-more-interview-seobok-722475

• Like 5

Bogum Park's 10 Questions 10 Answers

20210430-102606.jpg

Q1.  Why did you decide to appear in the movie <Seobok>?  What makes humans human?  Why is bioethics necessary for science and technology?  Seobok gave me time to think about human and life. 

20210430-102608.jpg

Q2. How do you feel about starring in your first feature film? I was able to work with director Lee Yong-joo and many seniors. I think it's a work that everyone makes together, not just me, so I did my best every moment in the given situation.

20210430-102610.jpg

03. What did you pay special attention to for the character of Seobok?

It was not easy to express the character'Seobok'. As a child who has grown up too early, he is a person who always thinks and agonizes about his life and destiny, so he has talked a lot with the director and built his character.

photocredit:CJEnM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Q1.  Why did you decide to appear in the movie <Seobok>?  What makes humans human?  Why is bioethics necessary for science and technology?  Seobok gave me time to think about human and life.

Q2. How do you feel about starring in your first feature film? I was able to work with director Lee Yong-joo and many seniors. I think it's a work that everyone makes together, not just me, so I did my best every moment in the given situation.

03. What did you pay special attention to for the character of Seobok?

It was not easy to express the character'Seobok'. As a child who has grown up too early, he is a person who always thinks and agonizes about his life and destiny, so he has talked a lot with the director and built his character.

photocredit:CJEnM

@Sakurafairy, thanks for sharing this. I've read so many interviews with Park Bo Gum about the movie "Seobok," And for sure these were all conducted before he joined the army. In one of his interviews he says he wishes to work with Gong Yoo again. In this set of interview you shared, I guess

this is where he mentioned about this.    :popcornjackson:

• Like 3

20210430-102611.jpg

Q4. How do you feel about working with Lee Yongjoo? 

The director was so cheerful that the atmosphere at the scene was always good, LI. Through the director, I was able to think deeply about the character and it was a meaningful work for me. The director is an early adopter, but I think he's open because he understands his emotions well and is ahead of his time.

20210430-102616.jpg

Q5. How do you work with Gong Yoo as Kiheon? 

I was such a fan that I watched almost all of Gong Yoo's works, and it was an honor to meet you through <Seobok> and I was happy to be with you. I had a lot of worries while playing the character of Seobok. He encouraged me by giving me encouraging advice and took good care of me like a younger brother.

20210430-102617.jpg

Q6. What's your chemistry with actor Jang Young-nam as Lim Se-eun?

In the past, I answered that I wanted to act with Jang Young-nam in an interview, and I was happy that my dream came true. When I was acting with Jang Young-nam, there were quite a few scenes of acting while looking into each other's eyes, and I felt the thought of "Seobok," and it was good that there were many moments when I could exchange emotions and act.

photo cr: CJENM

@willenette yup this interview was done before he enlisted. This is just one of the surprises CJENM are releasing after Seobok premiered. :wub:

• Like 4

"Park Bo-gum, can a person be born that way? "He's so perfect."

Singer Lee Seung-chul lavished rave reviews on actor Park Bo-gum in "The Problematic Son of the Rooftop Room."

On the 128th episode of KBS 2TV's "Trouble Son in the Rooftop Room," which aired on the afternoon of the 4th, Lee Seung-chul, the "King of Live," appeared as a guest.

Lee Seung-chul mentioned Park Bo-gum on that day. The two made headlines last year when they were on KBS 2TV's "Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook" (hereinafter referred to as "Yusuke"). Park Bo-gum appeared in Lee Seung-chul's song "I Love You A Lot" and formed a relationship.

202105042330209489-1-20210504233104138.j

202105042330209489-1-20210504233104138.j

Lee Seung-chul said, "When I first saw Park Bo-gum, I wondered if it was okay for a person to be born that way. "I didn't expect him to be tall. "He's so tall. He's so perfect .

"I didn't know Park Bo-gum was good in playing the piano, but after filming the music video, we found out while eating and talking together."  Lee Seung-chul said, he asked the manager and said Park Bo-gum played most of the band sessions. It's amazing that the actor in the music video can play the singer's song on the piano. So I asked Park Bo-gum, "Shall we go to Yusuke?" and he said it was an honor again.

Lee Seung-chul said, "But he's the only one who became a hot topic.  Only Park Bo-gum's song "Let's Go See the Stars" came up popular. I've just become a funny person," he said, drawing laughter.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003492691

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2