Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

‘Seobok’ Opens at Top of Korea Box Office Despite Simultaneous Online Launch

“Seobok” earned $1.43 million over the weekend, and $1.81 million in the four days since its Thursday release. That gave it a 41% share of the weekend box office. 

“Seobok” stars Gong Yoo and Park Bo-gum as retired security agent who is taked with moving the first human clone to a safe place. It was due to have opened last year, but was delayed by the impact of coronavirus on film releasing and cinema audiences. While it is one of the biggest local films to release in Korea in 2021, rights owner CJ ENM took the decision to hedge its bets and also give the film an online launch. The company has not disclosed the number of times “Seobok” has been viewed on its TVing platform.

https://variety.com/2021/film/asia/seobok-opens-at-top-of-korea-box-office-1234954473/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

***Does this mean TVing viewing is pay per view? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gumtaek said:

I would like to ask the following question? 

Would anyone have any idea regarding the cost buying a foreign film for release in their

respective countries? Seobok was bought by 56 countries (Europe and Asia). 

What about an OTT buying the airing rights of a film?

Articles say Seobok needs a 3 Million Viewer-Break Even Point but this is not possible given the Social Distancing Level restrictions for theaters. But given the 2 moves mentioned above, will it safe to assume that the film not only covered production cost but earned profits?

thank you @gumtaekfor bringing this up. i would also like to know if the producers already have an ROI based on Seobok's current distribution.  i hope they do. 

• Like 2

EVENT Alert!: Game: Guess the drama Part 2

chingus, the gossip lovers EO are back with another set of blinds based on the juiciest gossips we heard from the Kdrama world. Let's see if you can guess the dramas based on blinds 

:hooray:

Your friendly neighborhood and resident Event Organizers,

@Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

--- 

• Like 1

Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival Selects 8 Korean Films

Long a big part of the Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF), Korean films will once again descend on the Belgian genre film jubilee in big numbers this year, as eight films from South Korea have been selected to screen at the event’s 39th edition, which will run entirely online from April 6 to 18.

Spoiler

Featured in both the International Competition and the Critics’ Award sections is KIM Kwang-bin’s debut The Closet (2020), a stylish haunted house horror featuring HA Jung-woo and KIM Nam-gil.

BIFFF will also welcome the missing child thriller Bring Me Home (2019), featuring the comeback role of LEE Young-ae, the Lunar New Year action-comedy hit HITMAN: AGENT JUN (2020) with KWON Sang-woo, the psychological noir drama-thriller Diva (2020) starring SHIN Min-a,m and the black comedy Voice of Silence (2020) with .

Among newer titles, the festival is also welcoming the sci-fi action-drama SEOBOK with GONG Yoo and PARK Bo-gum, which debuts in theaters and on TVING this month, and the upcoming fantasy-action film Slate, which also hits theaters in April.

Cr: http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?blbdComCd=601006&seq=5523&mode=VIEW

:crazymad:

FYI! 

IMG-20210419-165909.jpg

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/films/index/filmsView.jsp?movieCd=20183003

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival Selects 8 Korean Films

Long a big part of the Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF), Korean films will once again descend on the Belgian genre film jubilee in big numbers this year, as eight films from South Korea have been selected to screen at the event’s 39th edition, which will run entirely online from April 6 to 18

That's where I watched Seobok. The festival is finished now. But I really hope I can watch it again.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rom828 said:

thank you @gumtaekfor bringing this up. i would also like to know if the producers already have an ROI based on Seobok's current distribution.  i hope they do. 

Same question here?

Spoiler

Articles say Seobok needs a 3 Million Viewer-Break

How about the ROI if the breakeven point is 3M viewers?However,  given the current situation of cinemas and simultaneous airing via OTT, I think Seobok made a positive difference. And maybe, I think also that's why they sold it to other countries for the ROI because if it's only from local cinemas there will be no ROI. Even those that sold to Netflix the production has just taken barely the prod cost.

Spoiler

That's where I watched Seobok. The festival is finished now. But I really hope I can watch it again

Same inquiry chingu: how's the reception of Seobok there? 

:coolshades:

Praying for Seobok to be #1 in Thailand. 

thailand-box-office-19-4-64.jpg

http://www.thailandboxoffice.com/2021/04/19/thailand-box-office-98/?fbclid=IwAR0vPQFdOLo2wUq_c3kYuXLmmvOvaQvMUzxGlcW0CpvXwo4u4yThldsDRsM

• Like 2