Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

:wow2:

Jang Do Yeon, the comedienne while watching #Seobok!

202104162131149972766-20210416214149-01-
202104162131149972766-20210416214149-02-

cr: JDY IG

:ilike:

Yay done watching it twice.  I needed to do it to grasp the story because the first watch is just for staring the screen that's full of two handsome men. I couldn't concentrate. 

I didn't even believe myself  that i cried most of the time while watching the whole film and got so hyped with all the strong sounds of CG. 

Both lives of the two leads are pitiful. Now i understand better why the captions are about one's  salvation and destruction. The film relayed that people are really greedy in some point of their lives. And we are also hoping  that somebody will redeem us from the  miseries we experience. Like of Seobok to Kihun. 

Furthermore,  I never expected that this movie is that CG laden or super sci-fi theme since Bogum and Gong Yoo were always saying it is more of life and death discovery. So I didn't get disappointed. The incorporated CG is just the right amount for me. I think if it goes beyond it will affect the philosophical lesson that this film wanted to convey. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 6:40 PM, Sakurafairy said:

:wow2:

Jang Do Yeon, the comedienne while watching #Seobok!

202104162131149972766-20210416214149-01-
202104162131149972766-20210416214149-02-

cr: JDY IG

:ilike:

Yay done watching it twice.  I needed to do it to grasp the story because the first watch is just for staring the screen that's full of two handsome men. I couldn't concentrate. 

I didn't even believe myself  that i cried most of the time while watching the whole film and got so hyped with all the strong sounds of cg.

Both lives of the two leads are pitiful. Now i understand better why the captions are about one's  salvation and destruction. The film relayed that people are really greedy in some point of their lives. And we are also hoping  that somebody will redeem us from the  miseries we experience. 

Edited by BulmaGoku
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

We are swamped with so many articles all over the world. Positive or negative articles/reviews make the film more sensational.

:crazymad:

A spin off?! Couldn't agree more if that happened. Or just a sequel of the film. I think the PD owes the viewers some explanations about how #Seobok ended up in the laboratory. He mentioned about the accident and about Dr. Lim missing Kyunghoon but I think there is some deeper motive and explanation about that. I am really puzzled with that part. I think greediness is also a part of that story.

@autumnightyup, like you I also wish that an epilogue would come out and answer some hanging questions in my mind. It will be a great opportunity if this is adapted into drama.

@AnimusSunrayspersonally the most I love in the movie is the convo of the two leads. It isn't an ordinary chatting but will give you an insight how they led their lives plus the flashbacks. And I just couldn't get more of the two handsome leads. I wanted more of their appearances in the film. Lol! 

:Pandabulous:

• Like 1

Since this is a thread of people who love Park Bo Gum, I would love to announce and ask anyone here to help.

Thinking about the effort, time, money and so much more, plus how long the director made the concept of this movie, and lot more I couldn't say one by one, it shocked me, and hurts me when I did some search, and found out that Seo Bok already available in illegal site only one day after official release.

I searched on how to report illegal content on wikipedia, and it said, if it related to copyright, then we should report it to the owner of the copyright.

If any of you found something like this, kindly report it by DM to them, send them the link.

I believe it would be a great help.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, U-Çan said:

Since this is a thread of people who love Park Bo Gum, I would love to announce and ask anyone here to help.

Thinking about the effort, time, money and so much more, plus how long the director made the concept of this movie, and lot more I couldn't say one by one, it shocked me, and hurts me when I did some search, and found out that Seo Bok already available in illegal site only one day after official release.

I searched on how to report illegal content on wikipedia, and it said, if it related to copyright, then we should report it to the owner of the copyright.

If any of you found something like this, kindly report it by DM to them, send them the link.

I believe it would be a great help.

This is really a big and hard problem. Sigh here.:facepalm:

FanArt

IMG-20210417-123621.jpg
IMG-20210417-123636.jpg
IMG-20210417-123647.jpg

cr:Nogomm

• Like 2

thanks to all the chinggus ( @autumnight , @AnimusSunrays (welcome to the thread), @Sakurafairy ) who have given their reviews.  they are all insightful and expresses how i also feel about the movie.  i've watched the movie twice, and i agree with @gumtaekthat  you need to watch it more than once to be able to draw out its richness. the movie is deep and like what @AnimusSunrayssaid, there are some conversations that seem simple, but are actually thought provoking. 

https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle/entertainment/2021/04/14/039seobok039-review-a-fun-thriller-of-science-gunfights-and-discussions-on-death

'Seobok' review: A fun thriller of science, gunfights and discussions on death

1113578.jpg

This guy takes quarantine protocol seriously. Photos: GSC Movies

Seobok
Director: Lee Yong-ju
Cast: Gong Yoo, Park Bo-gum, Cho Woo-jin

When has making artificial life ever been a good idea? You'd think scientists would have learnt this lesson by now.

Ever since the novel Frankenstein was written in 1818, we’ve had hundreds of stories about the dangers of playing God. Creating our own humans (not in the usual way at least!) always results in disaster.

The scientists in South Korean blockbuster Seobok, unfortunately, make this very mistake.

Then again, perhaps they can be forgiven. For their creation has the angelic doe-eyed face of actor Park Bo-gum. Let's be honest, if you could make an artificial human with those good looks, you’d be crazy not to!

Park Bo-gum should make waves for his performance as the mysterious Seobok.Park Bo-gum should make waves for his performance as the mysterious Seobok.

Seobok is an odd hybrid of a movie. Half of it is character drama and philosophical musings about mortality. The other half is high-octane action with gunfights and psychic powers.

It is surprising, but somehow, these two halves blend quite well, resulting in a rather entertaining film.

This is one of the most anticipated Korean films of the year: mostly because it combines the talents of two of Korea’s biggest stars, Gong Yoo and Park. Originally supposed to be released last year, the coronavirus meant it had to be pushed to now. 

So, what’s it about? Seobok is the tale of Min Ki-hun (Gong Yoo) a former intelligence agent with a dark past.

He suffers from a strange disorder which causes him to occasionally black out, mostly at times most convenient for the plot. Chief Ahn (Cho Woo-jin), his cunning agency head, recommends that he be part of a revolutionary experiment that might cure him.

This experiment involves Seobok (Park), brought to life through stem cell cloning and genetic engineering. Seobok is a gentle, kind soul who is fascinated about the world, and about death.

Seobok’s bone marrow contains special cells that could unlock the secret of immortality. Unsurprisingly, a lot of people are interested in him, mostly for selfish reasons.

After a surprise ambush by some military forces, Min and Seobok find themselves on the run together. You don’t have to be a screenwriting genius to guess where the story goes from here.

In some ways, it feels like a high-tech thriller version of the Jodi Picoult novel My Sister’s Keeper. But familiar isn’t always bad, as long as it is executed well. And Seobok pulls off the "clone created for scientific purposes" storyline very well indeed.

The action scenes are entertaining. The film opens with quite a bang, and there is a terrific moment when a vehicle is driven through a brick wall.

The plot builds up to a very satisfying climax, which unfortunately drags on for a little too long. But watching bad guys get their comeuppance is always fun.

There are some nice little moments of levity, and there are some lovely scenes exploring character backstory that will definitely bring on the feels.

All the philosophical musings on death can sometimes feel overwrought, but they do add a nice layer to the story.

The film asks, is immortality really as good as humans think it to be? Would removing the fear of death cause evil to thrive? Is death truly a thing to be feared?

Gong Yoo excels as troubled protagonist Min, and a scene exploring his back story is one of the most memorable parts of the film.

Park also does a good job as the mysterious Seobok, who sometimes feels like a K-pop version of the character Eleven from Stranger Things. Their bond is the crux of the film, and they play off each other well.

You genuinely do get invested in their relationship by the end. The supporting cast generally do OK, but can feel a bit one-note, especially the villains.

But apart from that, there’s plenty to enjoy in this film, particularly the performances of the two leads. And one scene will probably make you crave instant noodles.

A fun little thriller that revives old tropes and manages to still breathe life into them.

Summary:

Get a dose of science and suspense with 'Seobok'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

‘Seobok’ Gong Yoo Hopes His Bromance with Park Bo Gum Will Please the Audience

Gong Yoo is back. His new film Seobok, the first South Korean SF movie that features cloned humans.

Seobok tells the story of former agent Ki Heon, who is given his last order to protect mutated human clone Seo Bok, who holds the secret of eternal life. With many people seeking to obtain that secret, the two are involved in an unexpected situation. Terminally ill agent Ki Heon, played by Gong Yoo, goes on his final mission and travels with Seo Bok, who has never stepped out of the lab. From rough action sequences to delicate emotional performance, Gong Yoo completely disappears into his character.

On April 13th, Gong Yoo held a video interview with media outlets. During the session, the actor candidly shared his thoughts, from why he starred in the project to how he feels about his upcoming 20th anniversary.

02-11-1536x1024.jpg

Gong Yoo described Seobok as “a project that feels like homework.”

03-11-1536x950.jpg

In the film, Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum’s bromance stands out. Currently, Gong Yoo’s partner Park Bo Gum is carrying out his military duty. So all the promotions are up to him.

“I never thought I would partner up with Park Bo Gum. I did work with many great seniors, but this is the first time that I partnered with a younger male actor for a film. Many people are considering our combination cute, so I hope we can please the audience.”

He recently got an unexpected call from Park Bo Gum.

“The movie is coming out soon, and we held a test screening, so he called me out of bliss. He told me that he’s nervous too. I also think I would be more relaxed if he were here with me now. I feel kind of lonely since I have to do everything alone. But I did think that he’s watching everything even when he’s serving in the military.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202104140100104270006613&servicedate=20210413

• Like 4

I just wanna reiterate /reemphasize our beautiful Bogum with a beautiful heart. 

IMG-20210417-230550.jpg

IMG-20210417-230611.jpg

IMG-20210417-230745.jpg

Kim Gura said HSC knows whom he would choose among the celebreties that visited his restaurant and that he chose the MOST POPULAR so his screen time also would be longer. If you want more screen time just mention Bogummy and surely you will get your wished screen time. 

Spoiler

IMG-20210417-231642.jpg

IMG-20210417-231612.jpg

cr:Radio Star TS

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

FanArts

IMG-20210418-052540.jpg
IMG-20210418-052551.jpg
Screenshot-2021-0418-052520.jpg

credit: logos

Bogummy noonas and chingudeul Happy Sunday! I finished watching Seobok. Thank you for all the reviews and reactions. I like to read the different reactions. Although I read different reviews from web, positive and some negative, what I'm thankful for is that the opening day of the movie happened already. It is like a fish bone stuck in my throat. I am relieved that this happened already  and the movie has positive numbers of movie goers. Thankful also that it revives the cinema as I read @gumtaek's post. The new coined term 'Seobok Effect' is really a sweet music to my ears. For sure they derived it from 'Park Bogum Effect'. I hope the success will continue because this film deserves the best with all the hardworks of the cast and production staff.  Fighting Seobok. 

Now, we will wait for Wonderland. I am also super excited with Wonderland. This has a different genre from Seobok although there is a description of scifi but more of the deepness of  everlasting love. I'm excited for Bogum and Suzy pairing especially the acting they will do in big screen and their chemistry. 

Truly even our baby Bogum is in the military he is still a hot topic. He knew and planned all these. Thank God for the wisdom he has given Bogum. God bless.

• Like 4
  • Love 1