Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

'Seobok' Director Lee Yong-ju "Somewhere human cloning is going to be happening".

“I do not believe in humanity. If we have human cloning technology, can we rationally restrain our technology? While preparing for 'Seobok', I met people who had been involved, but there are many opinions that we are not sure that we are attempting human cloning through stem cells somewhere. 'Seobok' is a movie made under the premise that such a thing happened in Korea.”

Yes. The movie 'Seobok' definitely deals with the story of a cloned man. Accordingly, it would not be unusual for the genre to say that this movie would be a “SF movie”. However, director Yong-ju Lee, who caught the megaphone, stressed that it was "Gong-yoo and Park Bo-gum's bromance movie."

It was an unintelligible story until the film was unveiled through a press preview on the 12th.

'Seobok' is a work depicting what happens when Min Kiheon (Gong Yoo), an intelligence officer nearing death, carries out an operation to move a cloned human Seobok (Park Bogum). 'Seobok' that opened the cover might be a bit disappointing to see it with the expectation that it would be a “SF movie”, but there is no disagreement about it as a “bromance movie”. 

“As a writer, I think two people are each other's salvation. If possible, seeing the movie with the idea that Kiheon Min and Seobok are each other's salvation will make it less likely to be misunderstood. The best thing is to think of Gong Yoo  and Park Bo-gum movies”

While writing and filming the movie'Seobok', director Lee Yong-ju tried to paint a seobok as a being who could be the salvation of Min Kiheon, rather than a seobok as a transcendent being. It may be because of that, the western clothes in the movie somehow resemble religion.

“In the play, there is a line that says, 'Shall we call it the ark?' Believing that Seobok and Giheon are salvation for each other, I don't know if there is room for religious interpretation of such a part. However, I did not intentionally synchronize while writing the work.”

Although not intended by the director, Seobok in the play shows the ability to transcend humans. For example, they exercise omniscient abilities such as walking through the water, controlling a bird in the sky, or stopping an incoming bullet. This is the point where this work can be misunderstood as a science fiction genre.

“Seobok is, in a way, a cursed venerable man. I think there is a point where it denies familiar human relationships because it is an existence that transcends humans. For example, these are the parts that Min Kiheon calls 'seeds'. I tried to show it through the attitude of not acknowledging age differences and treating them as just one personality. I wanted to make people who are difficult to grasp as if they knew as if they didn't know, with the gaze of Contribution, while setting human transcendental people in combination.”

In order to talk about the complexity of the character Seobok, director Lee Yong-ju had to do things he hadn't done before. These include CG, action, and special effects that have not been covered in'Introduction to Architecture'. Because of this, director Yong-ju Lee had to work harder than ever.

“Personally, it was a work that had a great degree of difficulty. Actions, mobs, special effects, and CG are all in the work, but I haven't done that much before. So, I received a lot of help from experts such as the cinematographer, CG supervisor, and assistant director. The experts gathered for the work made it all, and I think I just joined there.

Even though it was a difficult task, director Yong-ju Lee, who puts great value in overcoming it through teamwork, loves the last scene. The filming at the shipyard was a scene close to the ending of the play, but due to the problem of the filming location, the filming had to be done at the beginning of the crank.

“I remember the filming of the back part, which was taken at the beginning. It was filmed in Tongyeong for a month, and it is a memory that will remain in my life. Not only did I not have such a large set in my movie, but it was a period of filming the core of the'Seobok' movie for a month, so it was physically difficult and a sense of achievement was great. It was the same in my previous work, but I think I have a bit of an actor and staff suit.”

■ Admire Gong Yoo and Bogum Park

“Gong Yoo is an actor who has a lot of trouble when choosing a scenario. He is a very academic actor who constantly asks why he wrote his work in this way. Gong, who decided to appear in'Seobok', went on a huge diet after filming'Kim Ji-young born in '82. I was surprised when I went to the filming site of '82-year-old Kim Ji-young' to see sharing, and met again because of'Seobok' after the movie ended. Until the end of the movie, I couldn't eat with the staff and watched eating chicken breasts by myself, and I thought it was great. Although it can be very sensitive, he is also very considerate of the on-site schedule. An actor with great tone and manners”

Director Lee Yong-joo, who showed such affection for the actor, continued to observe the two protagonists of 'Seobok' Gong Yoo and Park Bo-gum.

“Gong Yoo gets better as the take repeats when shooting a scene. On the other hand, Park Bo-gum's first take and second take are not a matter of completeness, but a different direction. Then, at some point, he makes an amazing take. There seems to be something like an instinctive actor's touch that goes beyond analysis. In particular, in the case of eyes, there were times when the cinematographer came and asked the question, 'Have you just seen it?' after ``cutting'' it at some point. In that respect, acting concentration is great.”

It is famous for the story that there was no alternative to Park Bo-gum in the role of Seobok while director Yong-joo Lee planned 'Seobok'. Seobok and Park Bo-gum were one so that if Park Bo-gum refused to cast, there would be no'next'.

“The image that Park Bo-gum has seen before is lovely and boyish. Seobok has a different feeling with him. It was an agreement between me and Park Bo-gum that I should make it. In that part, Park Bo-gum showed great will. 

At first, I thought I should make it well, but I felt it while trying on clothes and lighting during the test shoot. Park Bo-gum is a boy if he takes a little strength out of his eyes, and he is  an actor who feels energy even if he gives a little strength.”

Director Lee Yong-joo's love for Gong-yoo and Park Bo-gum is because the two are the main pillars of'Seobok', but it is also the reason for the existence of this work.

As mentioned earlier, 'seobok' is not a science fiction genre. 'Seobok' is the reason why Bromance stands out as a road movie. The movie 'Seobok', where you can get a message from Gong Yoo and Bogum Park's chemistry, was released in the theater today (15th). It will be open at 9 PM at Tving.

http://theviewers.co.kr/ViewM.aspx?No=1563252

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

That time of photographer Paik Jong-heon

Input 2021.04.15. 4:14 pm 

This story is like a diary that brings out the impressive memories of actors or directors you met in the past. Eleven years have passed since I joined Cine21 and took pictures, and during that time I met many actors, directors, and filmmakers. Whenever I take out photos of people I met, I didn't meet them for no reason, so I often immerse myself in memories of those times.

It is the story of actor Park Bo-gum, who is currently fulfilling his defense duties as a Korean man. In July 2020, actor shared by Seobok and actor Park Bo-gum took a photo of Cine21, and the release of the film was postponed due to corona, and finally the film was released on April 15, 2021. After looking at the photos I took last year, I suddenly looked back to see what it would be like to show the appearance of the new actor Park Bo-gum seven years ago.

In January 2014, it was a cold day as if a cold wind would cut your cheeks. As a special feature, it was time to meet 11 new actors that are expected that year. (The actors I met at this time are now very popular actors.) There are actors who have a lot of memories while shooting. Among them, I thought of actor Park Bo-gum more. 

1618527370420282-0.png

Of course, he has become one of Korea's leading stars, but rather than that, the memory of the first meeting of actor Park Bo-gum seems to be more impressive. On the day of filming, I heard the name of the actor to be filmed today from the reporter in the studio and asked again. Park Bo-gum?? Is your name Park Bo-gum?? Wow~ The name is cool. It may be my prejudice, but it was more unfamiliar to me because I haven't met an actor or person with a sword in his name while living for over 30 years. I had seen a lot of lost martial arts, so it felt like the name of the protagonist that I would see in martial arts, so I felt more imprinted in my head.

That was the time. An actor enters with a reminiscent facial expression and a tense appearance in conjunction with a cold day. It was a wonderfully handsome actor who had big eyes without double eyelids, a small face with a small nose, eyes, nose, and mouth. Looking at the tail of his mouth, it seemed that he was very pulpit. What is this feeling that brightens up when a person enters this dull studio...I turn on the lights and take a look around the studio. 

1618527366960802-1.png

I had seen a lot of handsome actors, so I thought there would be no inspiration, but a more handsome person came in. On the other hand, I thought for a moment that I couldn't even say that I would like my son in my stomach to look like this even though the original version was different, while I felt like the picture would come out well. In the first impression I saw as if passing by, I could also see actor Jo In-seong. "Hello" A handsome young man who shows off actor Park Bo-gum's trademark teeth, smiles and introduces himself.

There is also a splendid laughter that seems to be unfamiliar with such a place yet. He was an actor who just announced his name as Subong in <Myeongnyang> and Seokhyeon in <China Town>. He seemed to enjoy the appearance of posing without hesitation even in front of the camera, not like a rookie. Normally, it was awkward, distressed, and robot-like, but without any such appearance, I felt very fond of this moment. 

I can feel the rhythmic rhythm of the shutter sound and the lighting sound, and I must be born with a tight fit. The interview with the reporter after the photo shoot was over also looked very exciting. Jo-Gon Jo-Gon He looked into his eyes and told his own story, and he felt like a friend. Even now, I know that actor Park Bo-gum's interview attitude is highly praised by reporters.

He speaks with all sincerity, listens, and gives an answer. If you ask what is different between Park Bo-gum 7 years ago and Park Bo-gum now, I think you can say that your appearance has gotten deeper, your thoughts have gotten deeper, and your mind is getting bigger. It is still vivid in my memory that I was moved by a letter sent by a fan at a photoshoot ahead of the military enlistment.

1618527363312254-2.png

As a Korean man, it is a time that cannot be avoided, but if you endure that time well, you will be able to see a deeper appearance of actor Park Bo-gum. We look forward to releasing a wonderful light from our side after completing our duty of defense in good health. 

Written and photo: Baek Jong-heon 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/140/0000044209?lfrom=twitter

I love the article from theviewer, @Sakurafairy

thank you for sharing ^^

And @gumtaek, I can see that your translation on twitter is better than mere translation I get from the web, is that from online translation or you translate it yourself?

PLease let me know. I give up learning the language :D I cannot memorize it 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@U-Çan: I use various online translators and compare their translations. Then I think of the best way to say or write it in English. It's a lot of work, really. The article you posted is in the pipeline. Beautiful article but improving the online translations is a big challenge. So many good articles that right now I am swamped. :sweatingbullets:

Thankful, though.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2021/04/14/20210414000845_0.jpg

Seobok
(Korea)
Opened April 15
Science fiction
Directed by Lee Yong-joo

Ki-hun (Gong Yoo) is a former intelligence agent. One day, he receives his last mission from the director of the intelligence agency (Cho Woo-jin), to move Seo-bok (Park Bo-gum) -- the first-ever human clone, who possesses the secret to eternal life -- to a safe location. Seo-bok has never known life outside of the laboratory and was raised by Lim Se-eun (Jang Young-nam).

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald
  • Like 3

1st place in the box office on the first day of 'Seobok'!

The emotional bromance drama 'Seobok' presented by Gong-Yoo and Park Bo-gum took first place in the overall box office on the first day of its release. [Provided/distributed: CJ ENM, TVING | Produced by: STUDIO101, CJ ENM | Co-production: TPS COMPANY | Director: Yongju Lee | Cast: Gong Gong, Park Bo-gum, Jo Woo-jin, Jang Young-nam, Park Byeong-eun]

0000120235_001_20210416102320596.jpg?type=w430Original view

One week before the release, the most talked-about film'Seobok', which recorded No. 1 in the overall reservation rate, was simultaneously released at the theater and TVING on April 15, to open the prelude of the on-and-off box office blast. 

'Seobok' is a special companion in the pursuit of various forces aiming for'Seobok' (Park Bo-gum) by the intelligence agency agent 'Kiheon' (Gong Yoo),  who was in charge of the last mission in his life to transfer mankind's first cloned human 'Seobok' in top secret. An emotional drama about the story of getting caught up in an unexpected situation.

According to the Integrated Computer Network of the Film Promotion Committee, 'Seobok' mobilized 45,127 audiences on April 15 (Thursday), the first day of its release, ranking first in the overall box office, invigorating the theater district. In addition, the movie promotion committee's integrated computer network, as well as the theater site CGV, Megabox, the reservation site Yes24, Interpark, Naver Movies, and Daum Movies are ranked No. 1 in the advance sale rate on major sites, drawing attention to future box office performance. .

'Seobok', which raised high expectations through the sharing of Korean film industry's unrivaled box office checks and the meeting of Korea's representative youth star Park Bo-gum, is a fantastic bromance created by the two and the delicate production of director Yong-ju Lee, life and death of'Introduction to Architecture' It is again proving that it is the most talked-about film in 2021, capturing the audience with a heavy message about the story and beautiful and impressive visuals spreading across the screen.

On the first day of its release,'Seobok', which ranked first in the box office and announced a smooth start of the box office, can be met through national theaters and TVING.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/0000120235

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

1st place in the box office on the first day of 'Seobok'!

The emotional bromance drama 'Seobok' presented by Gong-Yoo and Park Bo-gum took first place in the overall box office on the first day of its release. [Provided/distributed: CJ ENM, TVING | Produced by: STUDIO101, CJ ENM | Co-production: TPS COMPANY | Director: Yongju Lee | Cast: Gong Gong, Park Bo-gum, Jo Woo-jin, Jang Young-nam, Park Byeong-eun]

Original view

One week before the release, the most talked-about film'Seobok', which recorded No. 1 in the overall reservation rate, was simultaneously released at the theater and TVING on April 15, to open the prelude of the on-and-off box office blast. 

'Seobok' is a special companion in the pursuit of various forces aiming for'Seobok' (Park Bo-gum) by the intelligence agency agent 'Kiheon' (Gong Yoo),  who was in charge of the last mission in his life to transfer mankind's first cloned human 'Seobok' in top secret. An emotional drama about the story of getting caught up in an unexpected situation.

According to the Integrated Computer Network of the Film Promotion Committee, 'Seobok' mobilized 45,127 audiences on April 15 (Thursday), the first day of its release, ranking first in the overall box office, invigorating the theater district. In addition, the movie promotion committee's integrated computer network, as well as the theater site CGV, Megabox, the reservation site Yes24, Interpark, Naver Movies, and Daum Movies are ranked No. 1 in the advance sale rate on major sites, drawing attention to future box office performance. .

'Seobok', which raised high expectations through the sharing of Korean film industry's unrivaled box office checks and the meeting of Korea's representative youth star Park Bo-gum, is a fantastic bromance created by the two and the delicate production of director Yong-ju Lee, life and death of'Introduction to Architecture' It is again proving that it is the most talked-about film in 2021, capturing the audience with a heavy message about the story and beautiful and impressive visuals spreading across the screen.

On the first day of its release,'Seobok', which ranked first in the box office and announced a smooth start of the box office, can be met through national theaters and TVING.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/0000120235

@Sakurafairy, thanks for sharing this. "Seobok," finally premiered after a COVID-induced delay, and I'm glad that the movie is topping local box offices. This is equals to $362,000 in gross sales, which took up about 60 percent of total ticket sales that day. "The Book of Fish," which topped the box office the day before the opening of "Seobok," slipped to fourth place.  :blush:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

@Sakurafairy, thanks for sharing this. "Seobok," finally premiered after a COVID-induced delay, and I'm glad that the movie is topping local box offices. This is equals to $362,000 in gross sales, which took up about 60 percent of total ticket sales that day. "The Book of Fish," which topped the box office the day before the opening of "Seobok," slipped to fourth place.  :blush:

Praise God and thankful to all the fans that gave their every penny for the movie. In this time of pandemic, mobilizing like these numbers is so hard. We are hoping that this will continue. And, again, the starpowers of these two actors have been approved 101%. 

@AnimusSunrayswelcome to the thread. Reading your post is enjoyable. 

• Like 3