Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

You are so allowed, @gumtaek dear ^^

I can't even think of that, my heart so full with Seobok is coming around the corner. I am not usually dreaming but last night was an exception.

SeoBok was a Disney character, you are the animator, and we are chingus who are planning to have a date to watch the movie for the entire week, lol. Strange scenario.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gumtaek said:

I want to be a good and mature fan...but allow me to rant a bit. 

How can Park Bo Gum not be nominated for Best Actor in the Baeksang Arts Awards for Record of Youth? He was so great in the drama...

Baeksang, you have hurt me over and over again since Reply 1988...

And to think that you always ask Bo Gum to emcee the Awards Night...

End of rant...

God will bless Park Bo Gum a hundredfold even without Baeksang.

i share your sentiments @gumtaek !

it's not yet Bo Gum's time to win an award; that his award winning season will come soon and it will be such a wonderful moment; these are what i think so that i will not be disappointed when there are news like this.

good thing that Seobok is coming soon. maybe his award winning moment will come after Seobok.  :smiley:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeongdeungpo CGV5 theater cinema wrapping advestisement Movie Seobok opening celebration 

1618203550703460-0.png

1618203546563744-1.png

1618203541641769-2.png

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=gaon0659&logNo=222307098484&proxyReferer=https:%2F%2Ft.co%2FSVs8q2iopZ%3Famp%3D1

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

38 minutes ago, Rom828 said:

i share your sentiments @gumtaek !

it's not yet Bo Gum's time to win an award; that his award winning season will come soon and it will be such a wonderful moment; these are what i think so that i will not be disappointed when there are news like this.

good thing that Seobok is coming soon. maybe his award winning moment will come after Seobok.  :smiley:

That is my belief, too, @Rom828. Thank you for expressing what I have been telling myself. The thing is I have been telling myself this since early 2016. I guess I should be patient and believe that the best is yet to come. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, U-Çan said:

Ah, okay, I just read the nominee for Baeksang best actor.

Yes, uri Bogummy deserves to be there. 

I just read now the nominees in the best actor category and they are all great. It is a pity that Bogum isn't included there. He really deserves to be listed there. But we are always believing in God's perfect time and purpose. This is not his time yet but good to hear that people acknowledged his acting ability. He isnt just another handsome face. God is good all the time. 

@gumtaek

You have all the right to rant. :huh:

On 4/10/2021 at 6:31 PM, willenette said:

*** In the poll, I love "Record of Youth & Love in the Moonlight". And now, that he's into MS, how I missed him on the screen once again, that's why, I highly anticipate his upcoming movie Seobok". Since he still haven't played any action-genre, I want to see him doing action-stunts in his future projects.  Thanks @partyon for this poll.  :ilike:

Lol,  i love all his movies and dramas and when I'm sad I watch repeatedly the recent drama. Good thing OTT these days improves so much. 

About the genre - all genres are okay for me but pls not melodrama yet,   after he comes back not that kind of genre because i hope for him to pick legal, medical or thriller genre.:partyblob:

@partyon thanks for this poll :selfie2:

Hooray to the result of votes:

Psychological thriller #1

Action genre and Sageuk #2

Crime #3

Bogum is best when portraying a psychotic lawyer... :partyblob:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

To all Noonas of Bogummy: 

I feel sad after knowing he isn't included again in the nominees of BAA 2021. Let me/us just think that his time will come one day and that will be sweeter victory than today. :wub:

2 hours ago, U-Çan said:

Hi @rahma92 glad to hear from you again!

What kind of review? :D

I won't give any clue, lol.

One thing for sure.

If his acting as Sa Hye Jun is awesome, then him as SeoBok is far beyond that.

STay safe and stay healthy, dear :fullofhearts:

That is quite a good statement dear.:wub:

@rahma92 good to hear from you again... :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Gong Yoo, Jo Woo Jin, And Jang Young Nam Talk About Their New Film “Seobok,” Working With Park Bo Gum, And More

On April 12, the new film “Seobok” held a screening and press conference with director Lee Yong Joo and cast members Gong Yoo, Jo Woo Jin, and Jang Young Nam. Star Park Bo Gum was not in attendance as he enlisted in the navy last August.

“Seobok” is a sci-fi film about a former intelligence agent named Ki Heon (Gong Yoo) who, for the final mission of his life, is tasked with ensuring the safe transportation of mankind’s first human clone. Park Bo Gum stars as the titular clone Seobok, the target of many forces seeking to steal the clone for themselves. Jo Woo Jin co-stars as Department Head Ahn, an intelligence agent who is trying to hide the existence of the clone, and Jang Young Nam co-stars as Im Se Eun, the researcher who watched over the birth and growth of the clone.

seobok-gong-yoo-jang-young-nam-jo-woo-ji

This is Lee Yong Joo’s first directorial project since the 2012 hit film “Architecture 101,” and his first time attempting something in this genre. He said, “It took me a long time to decide on my next project after ‘Architecture 101.’ It’s not that ‘Seobok’ took longer because of some special issues. It just took me a long time to write the script. I also prepared for a Chinese film at the same time, but that fell through, so it ended up taking longer. I’m trying to prepare for my next projects more quickly now.”

Asked why he had chosen the sci-fi genre for his new project, he said, “I think that ‘genre’ is just the ‘skin’ of a story. As I expanded on the stories that I worked on, I came across the sci-fi genre. I didn’t choose it specifically. I really wrote the script over the past nine years. I thought a lot about the fear of death. There were some personal incidents involved, and I really wanted to write this story. Because I had this compulsion, it ended up taking longer.”

He went on, “Seobok was made because of our desire for eternal life. Businesses want his power, but from Ki Heon’s perspective, he is afraid of death. Society used to be afraid of stem cells. Seobok stands at the edge between fear and greed. I was worried that the movie would become too much like the superhero movies in Marvel and in Hollywood. Stories about clones usually show up in films like that.

The clone has to think about their place in the world and overcome difficulties to reach the ending. But my movie is from the human Ki Heon’s perspective as he looks at Seobok. He faces death, embraces wild hopes, and learns to trust before he is finally saved by Seobok. I wanted him to walk the same path as clones. That’s what sets my film apart from the others.”

Gong Yoo said, “My character’s first appearance in the film got edited a lot. I wanted to show an unhealthy image for the audience’s first impression of him, to drive home the image of a character in pain. But a lot of it got edited out. Scenes like throwing up in the toilet were really hard on my throat, but it all got cut to simplify the story. I’m not complaining that it was edited, but I thought about it when I was asked to share some funny stories from set.”

Lee Yong Joo commented, “We got feedback from people saying they thought it was because he drank too much, so we cut it out.”

Gong Yoo said, “Rather than trying to play a new character with every project, I want to try something that’s a little different. I try to pick projects that I might normally avoid because they’re difficult. If it appears new and fresh to the viewers, then that’s a bonus, but that’s up to the audience to decide. Through this project, I thought a lot about whether I’m living a ‘good life.’ Right now, I think it’s more important ‘how’ we live rather than ‘how long’ we live. I think that ‘Seobok’ had an influence on that.”

Jang Young Nam said, “I had a lot of scenes with Park Bo Gum. All the scenes where I had to look into his eyes were sad. The last scene was so sad that my heart hurt and I cried while watching the movie. It was so sad.” She added, “Park Bo Gum was very thoughtful about my child on set. I still remember that vividly.”

Jo Woo Jin said, “I think that this character is different from other villains because of his ‘fear.’ His strongest emotions are fear of death and fear of humanity’s ruin. I’ve played a lot of characters who torment other characters, but this one conceals a lot of the fear that drives him forward. He’s very afraid, which makes his greed stand out even more.”

“Seobok” was supposed to premiere in December, but was pushed back due to an increase in COVID-19 cases in Korea. It will now premiere on April 15 simultaneously in theaters and in CJ ENM’s OTT (over-the-top) streaming platform TVing.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1463852wpp/gong-yoo-jo-woo-jin-and-jang-young-nam-talk-about-their-new-film-seobok-working-with-park-bo-gum-and-more

• Like 1
  • Love 2