Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

I guess, Encounter is not for everyone. The audience have to be mature (maybe somewhat between 30’s to 50’s) to fully enjoy the drama. I have been watching kdramas since 2006, but Encounter got me to the point that I have been closely following the leads. Cinematography, script and the acting are fabulous. My best kdrama as of this date.. Yup, I have enjoyed some but not to the extent that it hooked me. Anyways, beauty is always on the eyes of the beholder... 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, rahma92 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I like doctors but thinking TOL as a bad drama. Im not watching tol until the end, I just watched an early episode of this drama. The story telling already bad in first ep, Eventho seo hyunjin acting was really great, but the PD not give her a good introduction for her character. Not forget the male lead character is kinda weak. And it will be so much better if they not cast KJW as second lead. 

There's many problem in TOL, but I dont find the same problem in doctors. 

Doctors has strong story telling from the start. My opinion, Between all PSH's role,  yoohyejung (PSH character in doctors) is her best role. Still I wont say doctors is perfect, but its still good for me. 

I want to be more positive about this drama, because if youth record will just become another TOL then Park bogum will turn it down, like how he did back then. 

Hi rahma I heard that he's confirmed to do the drama “A Record of Youth" - tvN announced this last Friday Jan 10. I wonder if the cast is completed now, though. But, this drama is yet to confirm a broadcasting date. :lol:

• Like 3

Top 5 K-Drama Actors Who Always Break Our Hearts With Their Pretty-Crying

(Sings) Even when you’re crying you’re beautiful too-

ZQw89PHJbO41fV5nZ8cLVqVFQuEkWFfP1ovliOR8

K-Drama would not be K-Drama without the drama. In every series, there is bound to be that one good, emotional-AF scene where the male lead’s heart shatters on the floor and he cries-and-cries-and-cries. And while the excellent acting would be more than enough to make the scene worthwhile… there is something extra in the tears shed by these 5 actors! These visual gods have been picked by avid K-Drama watchers to have the most pleasant-to-watch kind of pretty-crying faces.

2. Park Bo Gum

Actor Park Bo Gum is known to be a crybaby in real life too. Hence it isn’t too difficult to find pictures of him constantly shedding tears from those big, puppy eyes of his. K-Drama lovers will never forget when he stopped time and space with tears filling up his eyes, as Kim Jin Hyuk saying goodbye to Cha Soo Hyun played by actress Song Hye Kyo, in an episode of Encounter.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 1/13/2020 at 12:49 AM, Serena Fang said:

So Dam stan passing by. 

You are not only one who has concern about scriptwriter.  But now she is picking this project?

Spoiler
On 1/13/2020 at 2:50 AM, Serena Fang said:

@gumtaek 

Reveal hidden contents

Imo, I think that drama is overly cheesy/soap opera-ish, and the plot is forgettable at best. The rating wasn't high either. It was good, but not like a big hit.

Annyeong @Serena Fang...

As fan we r always concerned with the projects of our fave actor/actress. We always want the best for them. I mean if we can just give the best of the best projects to them surely we'll do that. Like you being SoDam's fan,  and me/us being Bogum's fan/s are always tracking the PDs and SWs track records and want the best for him. We trust his choices. As @gumtaek said he has "good nose" in choosing projects.  Definitely he saw and felt positive vibes in this drama that's why he accepted it.  He is always into the life lesson of the project. He wants these lessons to be engraved in viewers' hearts for a long time.

Moreover, at the end of the day when Bogum chooses his projects,  whatever it is, whoever the SW is, whoever PD will lead, we'll give our 101% support and ways how to help the project , may it be written to create buzz or spending money for food's truck , etc. Just to let him know in any way possible or even he doesn't able to know, still,  I am/ we r here supporting his projects all d way. The project is important but Bogum as the actor is the most important and precious to us. I know the projects are reflections of them but He is always bigger than those  projects. Hit or Bomb, I/we love him just the same. I know my co-fans have the same heart like mine towards Bogum and I know u have the same heart towards Sodamssi.:wub:.

Spoiler

@gumtaek I just hope this drama won't flop. That's my biggest concern. I would hate to see another stain on Sodammie's resume.

Reveal hidden contents

Imo, I think that drama is overly cheesy/soap opera-ish, and the plot is forgettable at best. The rating wasn't high either. It was good, but not like a big hit.

I don't know much about PBG personally, other than he's hallyu celebrity. But I do look forward to the chemistry. 

So crossing my finger, let's hope for the best. 

I understand your concern and we also hv that concerned b4 but as you were telling and we r always declaring "LET'S HOPE FOR THE BEST." And YES, LETS LOOK FORWARD TO THE CHEMISTRY OF THESE TWO EXCELLENT ARTISTS.  Anyway our boy is known for  his BOGUM MAGIC. I hope this magic and charisma will also be shared  to SoDamssi and to all who will be part of this drama. 

Spoiler

Considering drama industry vs film industry, the script is handled much differently. Sodammie is really good at picking films, but she has no luck in getting good drama offers. So I just hope this time, it turns out differently. 

I can't say anything about SoDam. I am her silent fan.  I watched CAFK and I enjoyed it and some of her movies like TP which she nailed her character wd KDW and Parasite although several leads were there I noticed and believed in her acting. But to dig deeply about her I am not that attached. Now that she is on board with Bogum in this YR drama, I will pray more and more for them and for d drama and support more in any way I can. So I suggest LET US WITHER AWAY the doubts and negativity towards this drama in general. Let's be positive chingu. 

Spoiler

Now that I read about Blossom Ent is having disputes about Park Bo Gum's character, I am honestly not surprised because I thought your actor is taking up the movie offer instead of this drama.

Bogum and Blossom are always like this. I don't think "dispute" is d word bc it is a nega word to use for this. "They are just organizing details", just like b4 and the same statement Blossom used and responded wd Bogum's previous drama after he said Yes.

Spoiler

Park Bo-gum's affiliate, Entertainment Entertainment, met with OSEN on the 10th for the first time at the tvN 'Youth Records' meeting on the 8th. But we are organizing the details of the appearance

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004148466

Furthermore, accepting or rejecting an offer is a decision only will make by Bogum and Blossom. Nobody will know that. Even Korean hardcore fans won't know that. He has still time for Wonderland film if he chooses the project. Given it has several leads so he can still join film if he wants to. Plus, Blossom did not say anything about  rejection for this film so the offer remains on the table. 

Spoiler

On August 25, Park Bo-geom's affiliate, Entertainment Entertainment, told YTN Star, "Park Bo-gum is positively reviewing the movie 'Wonderland' (director Kim Tae-yong, gauze).

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/052/0001346680

Spoiler

I don't know much about PBG personally, other than he's hallyu celebrity.

I understand you know Sodam well and as u said u dnt know much about our Bogum. Just our thread members saying Seobok  script has been changed for many times just to cater to his likings and the PD courted and waited for him for two years. Encounter script has Bogum's touched also. As he said to his interviews:  he suggested significant add-ons to the script so being Kim JinHyuk will be more progressive. PD Park Shin Woo said that too. We know Bogum is always hands-on with the script. He'll not stop in suggesting what is better to do. I believe SoDam has like that attitude too. I know she is smart. 

Spoiler

I just hope this drama won't flop. That's my biggest concern. I would hate to see another stain on Sodammie's resume.

I feel your concern about this. :huh:Resulting to this will stain again Sodam's resume and will be a BIG HEARTBREAK also for us being  fans of Bogum who has a sparkling resume but nobody can predict the future. For now let us all pray and hope for the best for this drama. The SW is not that bad at least for me (actually I watched all her dramas: CWGM, HS, Doctors, and TOL and I enjoyed it)  and the PD has a great track record. So I think their collaboration will result in a great drama. Plus the excellent acting abilities of Bogum and Sodam, plus the addition of Wooseokssi, surely this will all add to the drama's bright future. 

And if u have time, if u have not joined yet, you can join us in the thread of RECORD OF YOUTH created by @DreamCatcher2011 to create more buzz and fun for our biases. Whoever is on-board with Bogum's drama, we'll surely love and support as we are loving and supporting our boy. 

Spoiler

Spoiler
On 1/13/2020 at 3:23 AM, gumtaek said:

I respect your opinion. A melodrama polarizes people. But there have been several noteworthy Korean critiques (Naver) of the drama  which points out to how powerfully written it was, hence it being tagged as a masterpiece. I watched the drama carefully, using my background in literary composition so I would say there's basis to the assessment.:) A rating average of 8+% is considered a hit for a cable drama but 

Reveal hidden contents

with Sky Castle's track record, of course I understand why it wouldn't be considered one.

Cheers!

A rating average like 8+ isn't an easy feat for a melodrama which was telecasted in a paid network. This is considered a hit. Even public networks as of today, can't get an average like this. It's hard since competition is really high with public networks vs paid networks plus KEnt shows out there.

@gumtaek 

As for your mentioning of Encounter, I have a different opinion on that drama.

Reveal hidden contents

I respect your opinion too. 

Encounter has its own audience that understood and loved  it the way it is. People will always say what they want and give their hateful comments and we can't do anything about that.

Just for info: 

Encounter Average Rating: 

Natiowide

8.475%

Seoul 

10.704%

Cr: Wikipedia

Numbers are meant to be broken. No record will stay in d top for a very long time like what happened to Reply 1988 that was beaten by Goblin first, then Mr. Sunshine then SkyCastle in this year 2019.  But for the meantime Encounter is placed at no.8 and it belongs to Highest Rated Korean Dramas (Cable) of all time and that's fact. 

Spoiler
On 1/13/2020 at 4:15 AM, rahma92 said:

Maybe if you check encounter's writer previous drama, you will be suprise seeing the gap between the rating. 

True. The previous two being shown in d public networks just got these average ratings. :)

Bel Ami: KBS2

2.29% 2.79%  

Entertainer : SBS

6.41% 7.98%

Spoiler
On 1/13/2020 at 5:10 AM, Ga B said:

I guess, Encounter is not for everyone. The audience have to be mature (maybe somewhat between 30’s to 50’s) to fully enjoy the drama. I have been watching kdramas since 2006, but Encounter got me to the point that I have been closely following the leads. Cinematography, script and the acting are fabulous. My best kdrama as of this date.. Yup, I have enjoyed some but not to the extent that it hooked me. Anyways, beauty is always on the eyes of the beholder... 

Welcome to the thread @Ga B. :wub:Agree with you, beauty always relies on d eyes of the beholder. Same with you chingu Encounter hooked me. It is like eating the food I desire to eat everyday so I want to watch it over and over again. The drama itself is a totally blockbuster to me. Hugs chingu. Let's pray for YR drama and his Seobok film. 

Chingudeuls, joesonghabnida for d long post. Peace!  Cheers to the success of Seobok, YR and the Wonderland film (not confirmed yet tho) of Bogummy.  :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi rahma I heard that he's confirmed to do the drama “A Record of Youth" - tvN announced this last Friday Jan 10. I wonder if the cast is completed now, though. But, this drama is yet to confirm a broadcasting date. :lol:

Hi chingu @willenette...yes it was confirmed already but the cast is not completed yet and bd is not confirmed yet. As Blossom said to Osen "they are still organizing the details". Thanks for visiting Bogum's thread. We miss you. :wub:

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Moreover, at the end of the day when Bogum chooses his projects,  whatever it is, whoever the SW is, whoever PD will lead, we'll give our 101% support and ways how to help the project , may it be written to create buzz or spending money for food's truck , etc. Just to let him know in any way possible or even he doesn't able to know, still,  I am/ we r here supporting his projects all d way. The project is important but Bogum as the actor is the most important and precious to us. I know the projects are reflections of them but He is always bigger than those  projects. Hit or Bomb, I/we love him just the same. I know my co-fans have the same heart like mine towards Bogum

Very nice! Yes we will always support him no matter what! 

PowerfulAmbitiousHerring

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2020 at 7:54 PM, rahma92 said:

Oh hai @Serena Fang  I watched parasite, its really mindblowing movie, but if you really want to make parasite as your standar for PSD next project, Im sure it will be hard for PSD to fulfill your expectation. 

Hide contents

I like doctors but thinking TOL as a bad drama. Im not watching tol until the end, I just watched an early episode of this drama. The story telling already bad in first ep, Eventho seo hyunjin acting was really great, but the PD not give her a good introduction for her character. Not forget the male lead character is kinda weak. And it will be so much better if they not cast KJW as second lead. 

There's many problem in TOL, but I dont find the same problem in doctors. 

Doctors has strong story telling from the start. My opinion, Between all PSH's role,  yoohyejung (PSH character in doctors) is her best role. Still I wont say doctors is perfect, but its still good for me. 

Hi rahma 92. LOL, Sodammie acts in action film that is going to release this year, so I am definitely looking forward to that film. PSD is perfect for action/adventure type of genre. 

As for your comment about Temperature of Love, 

Spoiler

I agree completely. I remember that the writing for female character turn really sour, and it feels very OOC. I just don't think the writer is good enough to write 3 dimensional character. Which is why I'm so concerned about this drama. 

I mean, I'm hoping for the best. Crossing my fingers. 

But part of me kinda wish that instead of modeling/youth genre, it will be nicer to see PSD as criminal profiler (like a detective) and PBG as serial killer, and they have cat and mouse type of plot. That would be more awesome. Too bad, I'm not in Korea writing Korean drama. 

• Insightful 1

@Sakurafairy I mean, yeah, that's nothing I can do. I'm first and foremost So Dam stan, so my concern goes out for her. However, there's nothing I can do since I'm not her agency or manager. All I can do is hoping this drama will be a good turnaround for everyone. 

So far, it seems like this drama just set up a triangle love between PBG, PSD, and BWS. So I hope this is more in the fare of Doctors than Temperature of Love. 

• Thanks 1

@Serena Fang oh PBG was serial killer in hello monster. He already did one.

JklWwbN.gif

PBG not a typical of actor who will take the same role over and over again. He is more like a versatile actor. Youth record will be a new thing for him. :wub:

And Its good PSD take YR so She wont stuck in the same genre. 

2 hours ago, Serena Fang said:

So far, it seems like this drama just set up a triangle love between PBG, PSD, and BWS. 

I doubt it, did you read the synopsis? 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, gumtaek said:

While waiting for more news about Wonderland ...

EMv95dOXkAA-EH2?  Formato = jpg & nome = grande

@BogummySuzy Twitter

I would very much like Bogummy to make this movie, Wonderland, I find that the plot and the director are exceptional.
As for the Record of Youth drama, I believe that if Bogummy will accept it, will be a great thing for the drama itself and for the co-star, which I do not know as an actress, but of which people talk well also for her participation in the Parasite movie with its two Oscar nominations. I cross my fingers for both! 

Edited by Dreams
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1