Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

The interview of Bo Gum worrying about how he should respond to his fans after MDBC -i have not read about other stars concern when their dramas was a hit.  Bo Gum is the 1st one.  He doesn't want his fans to think that he has changed after MDBC was so successful.  He wants his fans to know that he is still the same person, just that he can't do what he does in the past.  Like he has said, every action (whether it is just waving, shaking a fan's hand spontaneously, etc) might caused some reaction from fans and anything might happen to other fans (eg. pushing and causing injuries), which he does not want to see. At least he voiced out his worries so that fans will be aware of it. 

And it is really cute of him to use 'jjangpong' to show his frustration... i must learn from him.... i will use jjangpong in the future as well...hahaha

• Like 11

2 hours ago, 4evgbogummy said:

i read the article translated by stroppyse on Sat (if I'm not mistaken) and felt so strongly that I was all ready to rant over here but I checked myself as there is no point preaching to the converted. I can see all of us are of like minds. 

If this advice can reach him, this is what I'd like to say - Boy, don't be so hard on yourself. You've got to consider your own happiness as well. If the good things (eg love and interest from your fans) become a hindrance to your own happiness or the happiness of your loved ones, that's when you need to draw a line and choose to go for your own happiness and that of your loved ones first. And if that means you put across your position clearly, do so. The people who truly love and support you will fully understand. Those that will be offended are not worth your worry in the first place. 

After I read Park Bo Gum's interviews from fans who kindly translated and the English interviews, I got your points from this statement.

Being skyrocketing celebrity, things around Park Bo Gum will have to unavoidably change no matter due to colleagues or arrangements. I really hope he can understand what he has to be without too heavy burden. 

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, chocolatepie said:

The interview of Bo Gum worrying about how he should respond to his fans after MDBC -i have not read about other stars concern when their dramas was a hit.  Bo Gum is the 1st one.  He doesn't want his fans to think that he has changed after MDBC was so successful.  He wants his fans to know that he is still the same person, just that he can't do what he does in the past.  Like he has said, every action (whether it is just waving, shaking a fan's hand spontaneously, etc) might caused some reaction from fans and anything might happen to other fans (eg. pushing and causing injuries), which he does not want to see. At least he voiced out his worries so that fans will be aware of it. 

And it is really cute of him to use 'jjangpong' to show his frustration... i must learn from him.... i will use jjangpong in the future as well...hahaha

As one of Park Bo Gum's and Moonlight Drawn By Clouds' fans, I am very glad to see Park Bo Gum be one of hallyu stars. When we cheer a person in showbiz, it is really happy to see such person be very famous to be recognized by many people, medias, and colleagues to have much more opportunities, no need to share very small cake with anyone anymore.

Even I wanna see him lively with fans and freely express his feeling as he used to BUT nobody gets all satisfactions without losing something in life. This is opportunity he has already achieved, fans congratulate with smiles. 

Park Bo Gum's surroundings have changed to serve for a hallyu star.  In fan sign, fans were packed, his hand waving and lively expression could make people move nearer and hurt others, security guards and his managers would have to work much harder. At Incheon airport or Philippines airport, he could not be there with public gate because it might annoy other passengers who rush to travel, etc.  

• Like 10

Ok, marking my own milestone of learning----finally!---how to download photos from IG! Hahaha! Learned so many things becoming a Bogummer! This has been posted by @in00022 in the drama thread providing the IG links but I really wanted to download these as this IS one of my two stand-out looks of Lee Young in MDBC! The other one is his Qing Envoy Capture Look!

14714382_541817869348212_2431687741419814912_n.jpg

Spoiler

14712239_329969987366879_1882235826532777984_n.jpg

14719815_1182669188492163_3832650015461867520_n.jpg

Credit: @thumbnail_space

Spoiler

@NongpeeP: Thank you for making this thread 10K strong with your penultimate post!

• Like 8

South Korean Actor Park Bo Gum is the Most Valuable CF Model in October

Kyung Ho Kim, Oct. 31, 2016, 8:26 a.m.

The hunky South Korean actor Park Bo Gum is the latest star to be ranked  as the most valuable commercial film model in the month of October.  The Korea Institute of Corporate Reputation collected 34,665,904 pieces of data for 20 CF models. Park Bo Gum stood proudly at top of the October data with 8,618,542 points, almost 4 times of his previous month data.

10-31_park_bo_gum_2.jpg

Following in the next places were chef Baek Jong Won, Song Joong Ki, Kang Dong Won, Gong Yoo, Yoo Jae Suk, IU, Ryu Joon Yeol, Kim Soo Hyun, Ha Jung Woo, Kim Yuna, Taeyeon, Lee Seo Jin, Song Hye Kyo, Han Hyo Joo, Jun Ji Hyun, Hyeri, Suzy, Park Shin Hye, and Choi Ji Woo.

10-31_park_bo_gum_1.jpg

Park Bo Gum is a South Korean actor and host. He gained acclaim with his diverse range of roles in television dramas: playing a psychopathic lawyer in Hello Monster (2015), a genius Go player in Reply 1988 (2015) and Joseon's Crown Prince Lee Yeong in Love in the Moonlight (2016). From May 2015 to June 2016, he hosted Music Bank on KBS2.

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/south-korean-actor-park-bo-gum-is-the-most-valuable-cf-model-in-october/

• Like 15

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/31/park-bo-gum-says-may-give-taking-subway/

Park Bo Gum Says He May Have To Give Up Taking The Subway After All 

park bo gum

Despite his love for public transportation, Park Bo Gum shares that he may not be able to ride the subway anymore for the public’s safety.

During an interview on October 28 at a cafe in Seoul, Park Bo Gum is asked if he has noticed how popular he’s become since the finale of KBS’s “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds.”

He answers, “I didn’t feel it while the drama was airing, but it hit me during fan meetings afterwards.”

The actor explains, “I was surprised to see more people than I expected. I greeted them because I was so thankful, but it became even more crowded. What I realized then was that other people could be harmed due to my actions and words.”

Park Bo Gum talks about the instance when, during the reward trip of the drama’s cast and crew to Cebu, Philippines, so many fans flocked toward them that the airport fence collapsed. He shares, “I greeted them gratefully then as well. Because of me the airport became more congested.”

He adds sadly, “Now I don’t think I can ride the subway anymore either.”

The actor is known to prefer public transportationand has been occasionally spotted by fans on the subway (as in the photos below, which include his trip with BTS’s V). He previously cited public transportation as the one thing he does not want to give up even as he gains popularity.

• Like 13

[Interview] Park Bo Gum “I realize my heightened popularity, it gives me strength and I am also afraid”

tumblr_ofv8m4lTgq1qaf5qqo1_1280.jpg

Starting from a supporting role in the movie ‘Blind’ in 2011 to drama ‘Reply 1988’ which was broadcast last year and drama ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ which recently concluded, Park Bo Gum has rose to stardom.

From his first project ‘Blind’ to his latest project ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, he has acted in supporting roles to lead roles in various projects, and was the MC on KBS2 ‘Music Bank’, accumulating diverse experience from the activities he did. Meanwhile, Park Bo Gum’s popularity has been expanding step by step, he became a star whose name was known not just domestically, but also overseas.

Park Bo Gum’s popularity can be felt everywhere nowadays. During his recent incentive trip to Cebu, Philippines, he realized how popular he has become. It was held at a holiday destination, a place to enjoy and have a good rest but there was a joke that it changed from a holiday at the ‘seaside’ to one that was ‘in the sea’.

“After the finale, I thought I could have a rest during the vacation. But it was hard to even relax there. I could only rest above the sea or in the sea. Haha. I have not done any activities there before. It seems like they saw (the drama) through the channel KBS World.”

Even so, he does not feel burdened by his popularity. He said “The support from fans has always given me strength when I work”. He was thankful and happy. It was surprising to know that so many people liked him, and provides the strength and driving force for him to work harder.

“Surprisingly the people who like me have diverse ages. Thanks to these fans I have the strength to work. It is surprising, and I am thankful. But now I am a little afraid. It is difficult. There weren’t as many fans before compared to now. I could greet every person one by one, remember their names and had opportunities to communicate with them, but now it is difficult.”

It is not that he is afraid of the fans’ love, but he thinks it is difficult to find a correct way to treat fans. The fans will cheer because of his every move, but the people around him will be hurt as a result. He is now in a position where he has to think of/consider many factors.

“Recently I have felt this way at the Gyeongbokgung fansign and in Cebu. If I reach out my hand to greet (someone), it would disrupt the orderliness (of things). I really want to greet many fans but I have to be careful. In the past if someone said ‘Please look behind you’ I would turn back, but now it is difficult to do that. I don’t think it is easy to earn the love of fans, and I have not changed. I have not forgotten that love, I just have a lot of thoughts lately.”

In reality, there were dozens of fans gathered at the interview venue. The interview took place inside a coffee shop, the curtains and windows were closed so there was no chance to meet Park Bo Gum, or even greet him. It was to the extent that if (fans) were lucky, they could only see Park Bo Gum once in awhile when he came outside for a photo shoot.

“Now this place is where I work at. It is the place where reporters interview me and where I share my thoughts on wrapping up the drama. The same applies at the filming set. Initially I was happy when fans came to visit, but as time passed it became difficult. It was to the extent that I could not concentrate while acting. It was a little hard. I had thoughts that would seriously make people think differently.”

He really is a nice person. Before the interview started, he said “I originally speak very fast, and today I have many stories to share so I will go a little faster” and politely asked for our understanding. By the end of the interview, we saw that his face turned red from speaking too fast.

His heart in thinking of the fans is also the same. He is unable to greet only one fan, yet he is also unable to greet all the fans. It is not that he is forgetting fans’ love, not only the fans, but he also does not want to hurt other people. It seems like (Park Bo Gum) thinking of others first often causes him to feel frustrated.

“To be honest, I don’t feel burdened. I don’t think I can maintain the stress of being so popular, and in future it may not be the same. I used to think ‘showing my good side to others’ will be a burden. But it is not the case. Stress can be shared with my family by telling them stories, and eating delicious food while doing so relieves it. Running away? Recently in Cebu, Kwak Dong Yeon and I left the guide and went to eat local food. It was really fun.”

Source: SPOTV STAR

------------------------------

[Interview] Park Bo Gum, because he is like a precious sword, that’s why he is Park Bo Gum!

Park Bo Gum, because he is like a precious sword, that’s why he is Park Bo Gum!

Because Park Bo Gum is like this, that’s why he is Park Bo Gum.

From the beginning to the end, he led the interview with ‘a good influence’.
Even though he claims ‘to have many shortcomings’, but Park Bo Gum doesn’t have any shortcomings.

He said he felt burdened before the start of KBS ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’.

“I didn’t expect to be liked by so many people. Even though I was very happy when I first got chosen for this project, but I felt a big burden. I didn’t know whether it would be successful, but my agency and family said to me ‘You are not the lead character’ so after that it became much easier for me.”

What is surprising is, even though he is a new actor, Park Bo Gum did not lack confidence while acting opposite the older seniors.

“In the beginning, I was a little scared/intimidated by the seniors’ vigor. But I still had thoughts of wanting to do well. When I acted alongside the seniors, they would take good care of me and even gave me opinions on my character Lee Yeong, so I was really thankful. As a result, the filming set also felt warm!”

‘Moonlight’ became a good resource to admire Park Bo Gum’s slyness.

For the audience who have been immersed in the character Choi Taek, they will also be easily charmed.

“I didn’t expect that there would be a sly side to me too. Haha. During the scene in the pit, Yoo Jung and I improvised a lot. From that moment I thought I could do it. It felt as if I learnt how to say my lines in a tasteful manner.”

His popularity has been increasing rapidly, Park Bo Gum still feels burdened by the weight of his crown.

“I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel burdened. Because of my every gesture, the fans will have an enthusiastic response, so I can’t help becoming more careful. I am afraid of causing unnecessary misunderstandings. I don’t want to cause other people to be troubled because of me, so I became more cautious.”

However, he also gained a lot.
Even though Park Bo Gum’s dream is not ‘popularity, money or fame’.

“I have not harboured thoughts of becoming famous, and then enjoying fame and fortune for life. I just want to become an actor with a good influence, that kind of person who can comfort others. I hope that while being an actor for the rest of my life,  I will stick with this mentality even till death.”

Perfection.
Because Park Bo Gum is Park Bo Gum, that’s why he is perfect.
However, he kept saying that he has many shortcomings.

“I have many shortcomings. Me. I feel like I am as small as a speck of dust. Through this drama I think that other people will also see that I have shortcomings. But this time I met seniors who can fill my shortcomings, so I felt really happy.”

Park Bo Gum’s success is due to his ‘wish note’.
A note which looks like it belongs to a girl, but thanks to it Park Bo Gum has achieved a lot.

“I have a wish note. In the past I jokingly said I wanted to win a newcomer award. I also wanted to model for a certain brand and other funny things, and I really achieved them! I began to realize that just like my expectations, just like what I’m thinking, talking about it allows me to achieve them!”

So, I asked him again.
The Crown Prince progresses forward because of love, what about Park Bo Gum then.

“They are different. I want to progress in the work I do and also progress in love. But I can only focus on one thing at a time. My capacity is limited, so it is hard to focus on other things. When it comes to love, I will also express my liking (for someone), I am the kind of person who will be immersed in only one thing. Ah now I should be focusing on school.”

Questions for Park Bo Gum.
These are NewsAde’s fixed questions.

Jjajang vs Jjjamppong?
“Jja..jjang!”

Chocolate milk vs Strawberry juice?
“Uh..pure milk!”

Cebu vs Phuket?
“Phuket!”

‘R8’ vs ‘Moonlight’?
“‘R8’ is a project that is like happiness! It was because of ‘R8’ that I could meet ‘Moonlight’. Every project is very precious to me.”

Source: NewsAde

• Like 10
  • Love 1

This is weird news. Fans are already happy she uploaded a photo of Bogum. He looks cute in the original photos she uploads. Never knew there's a story behind. Why are some fans so sensitive. Are they truly fans?

I even like photos just the back of his head. 

Park Bo Gum fans force Seo In Young to take down an Instagram photo

By alice101    

Seo In Young posted a photo of herself and the actor yesterday, sitting together at a piano, but Park Bo Gum fans were not happy because according to them, the actor did not look attractive. Here is the screenshot of the controversial post: 

park-bo-gum_1477950679_a0cf84bcd350b699a4ee42607fbdb820.jpg

The caption read, "Singing to Bo Gum's accompaniment~ Bo Gum used to be a church pianist and I used to be in church choir lol" 

Fans quickly began to express their unhappiness toward the photo. 

park-bo-gum_1477950758_46b27136eec5c18986c07c96c86b81d7.jpg

"Bo Gum looks good in any photos but you uploaded such a weird photo..."

"I don't think that's Park Bo Gum..."

"Are you Bo Gum's anti-fan?"

"Isn't this photo too much? Please upload one that he looks  good in unless you're his anti-fan." 

park-bo-gum_1477950862_a37178dbb1caeb24af832279b002e383.jpg

Seo In Young quickly replied in the comments, "Oh my...I didn't think about that~ I'm sorry~ I thought Bo Gum looked good every way lol. It's my face that looks ugly lol." 

She then took down the photo and uploaded this one instead: 

What do you guys think? Do you think the Park Bo Gum's fans overreacted or was Seo In Young in the wrong? 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/park-bo-gum-fans-force-seo-in-young-to-take-down-an-instagram-photo

• Like 4

Crown princes make stories more intriguing

By Park Jin-hai

The two hottest fantasy period dramas, "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" and "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo," are heating up the local broadcasting industry, which has remained largely uneventful in the wake of the mega-hit drama "Descendants of the Sun" earlier this year.

Park Bo-gum, who plays the crown prince in "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" based on the eponymous web novel, is now at the center of media attention. The newly coined term "Bo-gum magic" has become popular among drama lovers, which means once you look at Park you cannot take your eyes off the star.

Park, who only began captivating fans with his most recent appearance in "Reply 1988" as the Go player Taek, had not been expected to soar to this much popularity, together with co-star Kim You-jung, who was better known as a child actress. Producer Kim Seong-yun had forecast an 8 percent viewership on average initially. But after three episodes, the drama's viewership doubled, surpassing the 20 percent mark in just seven episodes.

Against the backdrop of the growing fandom for fusion period dramas, "Hwarang, the Beginning" and "Saimdang, the Herstory" are expected to join their ranks once they begin airing in December and January, respectively.

Fusion period dramas add contemporary touches to period settings, usually with a lighthearted story and casting of young actors.

They deal with historical facts in the big frame but are not exactly "historical," since most parts are re-created with the magic of directors and screenwriters. The viewers have no emotional barriers to understand the situation that those characters of centuries ago faced. Scenes even feel like contemporary dramas.

"Saimdang, the Herstory," featuring Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-hun, goes back and forth in time, while tvN's "Bride of the Water God" tells the story of human beings and gods. "Hwarang, the Beginning" is about a group of elite youths growing up during the Silla Kingdom and "The King Loves" has a touch of melodrama, featuring Im Si-wan and Yoona of Girls' Generation. SBS's new fusion period drama set to star Joo Won is a romantic comedy drama based on Jun Ji-hyun's megahit film "My Sassy Girlfriend."

Fusion period dramas are popular among producers because they are often guaranteed a rather large nationwide audience of all ages. They are also intriguing for Chinese and Japanese fans following the successes of some period dramas, including "Heo Jun" (1999) and "Dae Jang Geum" (2003).

"Being able to cast young male actors usually in their late 20s and 30s makes it easier for producers to find investments for the drama," said an official of a broadcaster.

From actor Kim Soo-hyun, whose popularity skyrocketed with his role of the Joseon crown prince in "Moon Embracing the Sun" which bagged an impressive viewership of 42.2 percent at the time, to actor Park of "Moonlight," many more are lined up through the first half of next year. The crown princes of those dramas are leading the fantasy period drama boom.

Culture critics say the crown prince's position, different from that of the king, makes the drama more dramatic and intriguing.

"Since they aren't kings, they aren't always strong and powerful. They have to watch over their political opponents threatening the throne and stand in a position where their legacy can be reduced to a tragedy in history at any moment. Their peculiar situation doubles the interest, encouraging viewers to easily emphasize with them," said culture critic Kim Hyun-sik. "Since they are young, they could become objects of romance in the palace, yet they are not strong enough to protect the women they love from the outside, faced with endless anguish."

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/11/386_216193.html

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Michelle JG said:

this proves that he is a food maniac. Even when he is angry he still think of FOOD!!! hahahahahahahhaha Please join variety food program please!!! 

true!:lol: would love to see him guesting on food program too, bet he'll have so much fun.:D

• Like 5

7 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/31/park-bo-gum-says-may-give-taking-subway/

Park Bo Gum Says He May Have To Give Up Taking The Subway After All 

Despite his love for public transportation, Park Bo Gum shares that he may not be able to ride the subway anymore for the public’s safety.

During an interview on October 28 at a cafe in Seoul, Park Bo Gum is asked if he has noticed how popular he’s become since the finale of KBS’s “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds.”

He answers, “I didn’t feel it while the drama was airing, but it hit me during fan meetings afterwards.”

The actor explains, “I was surprised to see more people than I expected. I greeted them because I was so thankful, but it became even more crowded. What I realized then was that other people could be harmed due to my actions and words.”

Park Bo Gum talks about the instance when, during the reward trip of the drama’s cast and crew to Cebu, Philippines, so many fans flocked toward them that the airport fence collapsed. He shares, “I greeted them gratefully then as well. Because of me the airport became more congested.”

He adds sadly, “Now I don’t think I can ride the subway anymore either.”

The actor is known to prefer public transportationand has been occasionally spotted by fans on the subway (as in the photos below, which include his trip with BTS’s V). He previously cited public transportation as the one thing he does not want to give up even as he gains popularity.

that's sad, but then he has no choice after all his safety should come first. with his popularity it will really be hard for him to use public transportation as he'll just get mobbed by fans.:(

• Like 6

5 hours ago, sara2908 said:

This is weird news. Fans are already happy she uploaded a photo of Bogum. He looks cute in the original photos she uploads. Never knew there's a story behind. Why are some fans so sensitive. Are they truly fans?

I even like photos just the back of his head. 

Park Bo Gum fans force Seo In Young to take down an Instagram photo

By alice101    

What do you guys think? Do you think the Park Bo Gum's fans overreacted or was Seo In Young in the wrong? 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/park-bo-gum-fans-force-seo-in-young-to-take-down-an-instagram-photo

ridiculous.those comments are senseless imo i felt bad towards in young and bogummy too, that one is a candid photo and it looks cute i don't see anything wrong with it.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, ruka18 said:

that's sad, but then he has no choice after all his safety should come first. with his popularity it will really be hard for him to use public transportation as he'll just get mobbed by fans.:(

It is indeed very sad....:cry:

• Like 3