Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Who is gummy's makeup artist though. Like I wanna sue her so bad. Look at Dispatch's pictures, you can basically see his real colour on his neck but his face is a different story. Can't they tone it down or even make sure his neck gets the same tone? The photographer should have asked for it too...urgh! 

MAKE UP ARTIST-NIM, TONE DOWN THE MAKEUP....JAEBAL. 

@saturn. Lol thanks for the translations. Its quite funny how PBG sorta loses himself when drunk. He gets tipsy real fast :D.

• Like 7

Bogummy is corrupted. LOL
And thats by his beloved hyungs.
I hope he didn't become usual with the drink taste and he can still say, "I don't drink"

@mellinadear 
yeah, someone should turn down his make-up.
it makes me wonder, who's responsible for a celebrity make up when he/she doing interviews?
Is it the celebrity's make-up artist or the interviewer's side make-up artist?

Because in some Bogum's interviews, its good. and in others its bad.
Like in TNGT, i really like that he almost looked bareface.

even in J.Estina adds the make-up is different. I like the makeup in pink-suit add, but not in his latest J.Estina's add (the one with white shirt).

• Like 7

2 hours ago, mellinadear said:

Who is gummy's makeup artist though. Like I wanna sue her so bad. Look at Dispatch's pictures, you can basically see his real colour on his neck but his face is a different story. Can't they tone it down or even make sure his neck gets the same tone? The photographer should have asked for it too...urgh! 

MAKE UP ARTIST-NIM, TONE DOWN THE MAKEUP....JAEBAL. 

@saturn. Lol thanks for the translations. Its quite funny how PBG sorta loses himself when drunk. He gets tipsy real fast :D.

agree with you. how can we write to his make up artist or him to know??

• Like 2

that is a very nice article from dispatch. im surprised they can actually do a serious thoughtful interview haha.

im glad they showed us the audition videos in YOF. im totally impressed by ajh. his character sounds really weird on paper but he did a great job with his unique tone and expression. the pd said that even though it's a character they created, it's hard for them to explain the exact feel they want, and they need the actor to bring the character to life. he's perfect as jungbong!

and congrats! looks like bogum is one of the top 10 celebrities for style icon asia. hopefully he can attend together with song joong ki on the 15th.

1457762095841_1_145516.jpg

• Like 14

I'm reading the topic and I'm just weeping now with tissue next to me.:bawling:

Uri Bogumm are extremely bright person, and now I understand even more about him.

I do really like him portraying Sun-Ho (I remember you), the way he express the sadness was so real for me, the way Sun-Ho tries to hide his emotion and the way he looked at Lee-Hyun (Seo In Guk) as his long lost brother just amazed me, those deep feeling made me love him. Then I know that he's in Reply 1988 and I don't waste my time~I knew he's such a good actor, and when I saw Taekie, I'm just in love. Now with all his back ground story, I understand him even more.  It's true that the one who smile the brightest are the one who goes through a lot in their lives, just like uri bogummy.

Let's support him the best that we can, I think knowing that so many people are supporting him, he'll be very happy. :wub:

• Like 14

It feels surreal when I think about things in the following order:

1. Both Taek and PBG lost their mother at a really young age.
  2. Taek's scene from Reply 1988 episode 2 when Deok Sun's dad (played by Sung Dong Il) asks when he misses his mom the most and his voice breaks as he says "every day", because he really might have been channeling his own emotions right there (like that moment wasn't sad enough when I was just watching it as Taek and DS's dad's moment).
  3. Taek was there to console DS's dad cause his own mother had passed away earlier in the episode and he apologizes for not having visited during the wake. And then you add that to the knowledge that Sung Dong Il's mom actually passed away while they were in their vacation trip in Phuket... :(

He's really gone through a lot and has still managed to grow up so well. I hope he remains his kind and thankful self always. We'll be cheering for you PBG!:)

Also.. am I the only one who actually enjoys watching him slooooowly getting a taste for drinking? Could that be my own personal bias cause I love drinking? hahaha!:D 

• Like 12

Other blog recaps for YOF

YOF episode 2

YOF episode 3

Spoiler

how could dramabeans said :grimace:

girlfriday: He seems rather proud of himself when the sock looks exactly the same as it did before the washing.

javabeans: Kyung-pyo can’t just watch, so he takes over and vigorously washes the sock, and Bo-gum regards that clean sock with this… amazement, like wow, you can clean things!

girlfriday: LOL, he is so tiny and useless.  (wowww, he is not helpless)

javabeans: I feel like this trip will be a really big growing point in his life, dividing it between the time when he knew no things and the time when he knew a few things

f

• Like 7

even it a little funny seeing him drunk but i really hope Bogum not getting too used drinking alcohol tbh

i prefer Bogum who can't drink since it super rare in Korea where pretty much everyone love drinking lol...well its ok if it for his work just not as habit...

i like his healthier life style no smoking and not drinking and no cursing :P 

oh glad Bogummy get into top10 celeb..such pity Hyeri and Donghwi don't make it but the celeb have strong fandom

poor Bogum and his continuous car accident in yof he must have feel terrible while for Na pd it is golden chance for comedic timing lol when editing

though i have feeling his manager not gonna ever let him drive after watching

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, sara2908 said:

YOF episode 2

YOF episode 3

Reveal hidden contents

f

Well said. I don't know how to hide contents yet. But I was :blink: by dramabeans. It almost makes me irritated that the Hyungs baby him- yes he is adorable - and I get it they all care for him. I now just want him to shake this all off and go act in roles that portray manliness and strong leadership. Enough with taek 'don't know anything except batuk'.  

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, ksks111 said:

Well said. I don't know how to hide contents yet. But I was :blink: by dramabeans. It almost makes me irritated that the Hyungs baby him- yes he is adorable - and I get it they all care for him. I now just want him to shake this all off and go act in roles that portray manliness and strong leadership. Enough with taek 'don't know anything except batuk'.  

I don't mind much the hyung's treating him like a younger brother because that's who he is in that group YOF dynamic- the maknae

but in the recap the blatant biasness is sometimes too much

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sara2908 said:

YOF episode 2

YOF episode 3

Hide contents

f

Spoiler

that's my sentiment exactly when i read the recap and i want to point it out on the comments,
but like Bogum, i tried to have a bigger heart and keep it to myself, because i know that pointing it out will only backlash to Bogum's fans and to himself. just look at the one pointing it out in ep4 comment section.

But one thing for sure, this trip really taught Bogum so many things.
He still so young. Still 3 months to 23yo. 
And as wise person he is, he will really appreciate every bits of this trip, be that the good ones and the bad ones.
and be thankful for all of that.

• Like 7

From the same blog @sara2908 posted 

YOF EPISODE 4 RECAP 

Spoiler

As for DB recap. I will put it aside like I didn't read anything. 

On the other hand, it might now be what  we really think The word means. 

Just a Friendly reminder to everyone, avoid commenting so as to avoid people "thinking" PBG fans are "kids". 

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

From the same blog @sara2908 posted 

YOF EPISODE 4 RECAP 

Reveal hidden contents

As for DB recap. I will put it aside like I didn't read anything. 

waaa, i just wanted to post the ep4 link from the same blog @sara2908 post.
i like the way the blogger recapped the eps.

found this from Ep3 recap. 
such a creative fan :lol:

005OEvUPjw1f1lxt1w7rjg30dw07t7wl.gif

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sara2908 said:

YOF episode 2

YOF episode 3

Reveal hidden contents

f

Did they really use those words ? I mean, what's with those terms "useless"? Like seriously could they use another word that's more polite ? Or did i interpret it wrong ? Why would they be so rude ? :(

And really is not like 박보검 doesn't know anything. It's us that don't know a thing about him.

He's at the same age as me, and even i doubt my self can be as bright as him if i have the same problem as his. 

Sorry guys, i just somehow so sad reading those words on the dramabeans, they really should choose wiser words.

• Like 7

Don't mind db reviews too much because as far as I'm concerned they have always been critical about little things. Constantly I enjoy a lot more things than they do but never was displeased by what they've enjoyed as well so I can always give a second chance to on-hold or dropped dramas lol. Being clumsy and innocent recognized as charm of both Taek and PBG by majority if not Na PD wouldn't dig it that's how variety show supposed to be which reminds me The Producers and how it was criticized although the point was imperfection all along lol 

• Like 7

Translations may contain inaccuracies.
Credit: www.doggi3.com.

2016년 03월 05일

Interview: Park Bogum “Half worried and half looking forward to next piece of work…Feels burdened too”
Source

I think sincerity can be heard through a person’s voice. Re-listening to the recorded interview, I can feel the possibility of overlooking the sincerity of speaker behind the handsome appearance and neat attire. A year after KBS2 drama ‘Cantabile Tomorrow’ interview, I met with Park Bogum (23), an actor who turned a star with tvN drama ‘Reply 1988’ and tvN ‘Youth Over Flowers (Africa)’. Like a year ago, Park Bogum is still thankful over many things happening and speaking gently. In addition, he has now grown into a young man with definite directions.

“I do not think of myself as very popular. Thanks to ‘Reply 1988’, it is merely more people knowing my name and finding out about me compared to the past. As trivial matters can turn into an issue, I think I need to be more careful. I am spending efforts to think deeper before taking actions. I am also thinking of how I should appear next as an actor, after ‘Reply 1988’. I am curious as well. There are times when I feel burdened because I wish to live up to the expectations of the people who are showering me with attention. I am thinking, ‘Will I be able to touch someone with my acting.’ Though I am in a state of half worried and half looking forward, I hope to continue working hard like now.”

The drama ‘Reply 1988’ that gives Park Bogum high popularity is based in Ssangmun-dong alley in year 1988. As a native of Seoul Mokdong, Ssangmun-dong is a mysterious and warm place to him. To act as Choi Taek at a time that is even before his birth, he listened to many songs in the 80s – 90s.

“It is awkward to say I am a native of Seoul Mokdong. (Laugh) Mokdong, in my memory as a child, was a very busy neighbourhood. People taking care of and being considerate to each other in Ssangmun-dong feels like it is something long ago. I started by listening to Cho Yongpil’s ‘I Hope It Would Be That Way Now’ to look for feelings of that time. There were many masterpieces. I really like ‘Reply 1988’ OST, ‘Together’ by Noel.”

He filmed his first kiss scene since debut in ‘Reply 1988’. About the ‘Powerful Kiss’ that made news, he said, “There is difference in lips that touched in the dream of year 1988 and the kiss in year 1994. It is expressing deeper relationship between Sung Deoksun (Hyeri) and Choi Taek. I wanted it to appear cool.” He shyly added, “I am thankful that director Shin Wonho was able to capture it well.”

Park Bogum repeatedly expressed his thankfulness to director Shin Wonho and the staff throughout the interview. I become curious as to how he is like when angry.

“I do not want to lose my temper but when I do, I am the silent style. Truthfully, most of the time it is my fault. I keep quiet in order not to tick the other party off. If I tick the person off, he will probably get more angry. (Laugh)”

As the youngest in the family with elder brother and sister, and taken good care of by family, it is probably why Park Bogum is mild tempered.

“We do not quarrel a lot among siblings. My brother and sister are older than me by more than 10 years. They give in to me a lot. They have experiences on things I do not know and I am always learning. They are people I can depend on. My father and I are very different from the father in ‘Reply 1988’ with Choi Taek. I tell my father everything. I share everything that happened in the day. Father is like a friend, but will point me in the right direction when needed to.”

Park Bogum has extraordinary passion for learning. Though there are interests in his next piece of work after ‘Reply 1988’, instead of leave of absence, he was concerned with course enrollment. He said his biggest worry is, “Failed to enroll in the liberal arts course that I wanted to attend the most. To watch out for the revised period..” He said, ” There are a lot to learn so I go to school. I want to stand on the musical stage.”

“I am learning musical as major in school. During my year 2, I was able to try performing through my theatrical studies. It was Anton Chekhov’s ‘The Proposal’. Though it was my first time performing, it was similar experience to ‘Cantabile Tomorrow’. A terrifying experience where everything has to be well noted of. If I study the play in depth… No! I do not even know acting well. I will take one step at a time to learn acting. (Laugh) I have 2 years left until graduation. I will start proper learning from vocalisation and I have strong desire to challenge by appearing on TV, movie and the stage.”

• Like 11

Can i just say that I envyyyyyyyyy his collection of white sneakers??????? Same like him, I am a person who love white sneakers and socks coz they look clean.

As for db recaps, I will just feel thankful that they provide YoF recaps in the first place. They could have just chosen not to recap it, and I might not have had ways to understand the ep coz I rely on recaps. Or, I will just think things could have been worse than that so once again I will just feel thankful for the recaps. I believe that GF didn't mean that word it's literal sense. Rather, in a fond way. 

Let's just learn from our dearest Bo-gum : Be positive and be thankful.

Happy weekend, Bogummers!!!!!!!!! #hugs

• Like 3