Quantcast

Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム [on MS] Upcoming Movie: Seo Bok (Jan 2021), Wonderland

• Replies 38.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gumtaek

• Grace1003

• sara2908

• ilwoo_aein

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[Currently on Military Enlistment 31st August 2020 - 30th April 2022 as part of the Naval Cultural Promotions Unit ] **"I think youth represents self-reflection. Since every second that passes wi

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO THE MAN WHO OWNS MY HEART MY BODY MY SOUL AND MY EVERYTHING AND MORE <3 KEEP BEING A PRECIOUS SWORD, BOGUM. BTW, GIF TIME!! LOOK AT THIS GUY WEARING A RING GIVIN

YOF ep4 Well, it's shocking to Korean fans too. It seems nobody knew it. And actually I felt strange at YOF ep2, when he cried saying that he doesn't have any family photo. I thought it would be

Posted Images

BOGUM MAGIC in the words of the Director of "A Hard Day," one of Bogum's films

I asked the director Kim Seong Hoon why he cast Park Bo Gum. He said if you look at Jo Jin Woong and Lee Sun Kyun, they all have a hard, dark side to them, but when they are next to that boy, there is somehow something bright and clean feeling about it. And, he seems to have a good work ethic for acting for his age. So, I asked whether he thought that (PBG) would do as well as he has, and this is what he told me. Back then, in reality, he was not a well known actor and there are many better looking actors than him in South Korea, but on the days when he’s on set, the staff, especially the female staff, would be so excited and expectant and couldn’t wait for him to get there. So, he thought of what it is, and thinks that (PBG) has the charm of connecting with people rather than just being good looking like a sculpture. Since he has that kind of attractiveness, he should do well, was what the PD thought. 

Credit to Source and Translator

Comment: This somehow reminds me of Yeo Jin Goo's account that the female staff were the happiest when Bogum's Coffee Truck for Jin Goo arrived. Bogum really has the gift of making people happy!

• Like 6

According to the translation of @MichelleBG, Lee Jun Hyuk uploaded said photo to his IG account when he heard about the news that MBDC won the PLATINUM REMI Award in the HOUSTON INDEPENDENT INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL.

C-zl83aWsAE5iI8.jpg

C-z2POmUQAE5TcR.jpg

• Like 3

@gumtaek  you are not alone hoping for him to win . i try not to write but can not help. here i am.  

Bogum is youngest among the nominee for actor category. Not only he act so well in his drama alongside with experienced actor ( King/ queen/ prime minister / many ministers) but also his drama got very good rating in korea & asia and lots of love from international fan too.

When Kim Soo Hyun get best actor in 48th Baeksang. -Kim Soo Hyun who is just 24 years old won over Cha Seung Won of “The Greatest Love”, Park Si Hoo of “The Princess’ Man”, Han Suk Hyu of “Deep Rooted Tree” and other senior actors through the drama to become the Best Actor, becoming the youngest Baeksang’s Best Drama Actor in recent years.  (cr ; dramahaven.com) so why not we hope for bogum as well.

@ilwoo_aein comforted me when voting popularity award, she got a feeling that bogum will win this year. It is true that he will receive popularity award... 

i know i shouldn't set my hopes so high for best actor but  let's we all wish him to win best actor

@ccube3 well said.. i agree with the director comments and your comments too

• Like 5
7 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Back then, in reality, he was not a well known actor and there are many better looking actors than him in South Korea, but on the days when he’s on set, the staff, especially the female staff, would be so excited and expectant and couldn’t wait for him to get there. So, he thought of what it is, and thinks that (PBG) has the charm of connecting with people rather than just being good looking like a sculpture. Since he has that kind of attractiveness, he should do well, was what the PD thought. 

I love reading accounts like this. There are obviously a great deal of great/handsome actors in Korea and the world over. Most of them we admire for their acting, or for their good looks, or for their good deeds or all together. I don't know if it's the same for you but for me, just because we admire them doesn't necessarily mean they make us happy. They just make us feel more admiration. PBG has that rare quality of actually making you feel happy with the things he does and just the way he is. And more than that, he also inspires me to treat others better.

• Like 6
  • Jillia changed the title to Park Bo Gum 박보검 朴寶劍 パク・ボゴム ♥ Upcoming Movie: Seo Bok, Upcoming Drama: Record of Youth
  • autumnight changed the title to Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム [on MS] Upcoming Movie: Seo Bok (Jan 2021), Wonderland