Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

@mangachickava: Had to backread, looking for your post because I failed to "like" it.

Thank you for introducing us to the "Meisner technique". I am familiar with "method acting" because the actress I admire aside from Bogum---as you can see from my profile pic---has been lauded for her "method acting".

Reading about the Meisner technique, however, has made me very happy because finally, I could "academically or scholarly" describe Bogum's acting! Why is it so "riveting" or"compelling"? Why does his acting tug at one's heartstrings? Why are we so emotionally invested with his character portrayal? The answer lies in what you posted:  Bogum's  magic is "ACTING TRUTHFULLY UNDER IMAGINARY CIRCUMSTANCES" and that Bogum's  acting falls under this category: ALL GOOD ACTING COMES FROM THE HEART, AS IT WERE, AND THAT THERE'S NO MENTALITY TO IT.  The sincerity of his persona radiates to his portrayal of his character". The amazing thing about Bogum's acting is his complete immersion in his character such that when he appears on screen, what we see is Choi Taek and Lee Young, NOT Park Bogum. And how he takes us by surprise when he snaps out of his drama character, reverts to RL (real life) and becomes Park Bogum once again. The experience for me, is totally remarkable and satisfying!

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, mai5116 said:

@tiendoank and @in00022, i hope you guys will manage to get the ticket! And, it's on Friday? Why they don't just push it forward to Saturday, it will be much better :sweatingbullets:

Thank you ... hopefully the price is reasonable ... though i am sure thats must be very expensive :sweatingbullets: ... maybe saturday bogum has another schedule ??? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, in00022 said:

Thank you ... hopefully the price is reasonable ... though i am sure thats must be very expensive :sweatingbullets: ... maybe saturday bogum has another schedule ??? 

Not sure since they did not released all the FM dates at one time. I think one of the reason is maybe his schedule is quite tight since he has many stops in this time FM tour, maybe they are rushing. But i really hope it can be push forward to Saturday, i know how pack and massive is the traffic in Jakarta especially on Friday.

Me too still waiting the ticket info for KL FM. Yesterday, i did read that the ticket price for HK FM is around HK$1380.

VProve Grand Store Opening. Cute Bogum :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mai5116 said:

Not sure since they did not released all the FM dates at one time. I think one of the reason is maybe his schedule is quite tight since he has many stops in this time FM tour, maybe they are rushing. But i really hope it can be push forward to Saturday, i know how pack and massive is the traffic in Jakarta especially on Friday.

Me too still waiting the ticket info for KL FM. Yesterday, i did read that the ticket price for HK FM is around HK$1380.

I dont think the date will be change ... it should be fixed already ...so, indonesian fans should accept the fact that the fanmeeting fixed on friday whether we like it or not ....

Hi all! Thanks for all the constant updates regarding the various FMs!! I've actually been a lurker for quite some time. De-lurking now as I'm very excited that PBG will be having his fanmeet in singapore!! (OMG I still can't believe it) I would really like to find some fellow singaporeans to go to the singapore FM tgt!!  Do reply me or PM me (idk if that's possible hahaha) and we can buy tickets together once the details are out!! :D Very happy to be a part of this family!!

• Like 5

Do you like to listen to the stories of other people? 
Yes. I like to counsel and provide advice too.  <----- AWWWWW.. why don't you consult me first. I have exam and i can't study because of you... :bawling:  I don't know how to quote in sompi. if too long they complain. i don't know is it correct to crop out and quote..if i did anything wrong.. pardon me.. juselyow.. 

On 5/17/2016 at 8:53 PM, sara2908 said:

@heyfen thanks a million for translation the star magazine's interview

[TRANS] Interview for The Star May 2016 Issue - Park Bo Gum

Updated May 17th, 2016

9c5861f4-21c8-4e71-b3da-b487b3661db6.png

Be Natural - Park Bo Gum.

Do you like to listen to the stories of other people? 
Yes. I like to counsel and provide advice too. 

translated by @heyfen

• Like 1

@Grace1003 @mangachickava Wow, thanks a mil for educating me about this Meisner technique of acting! What's more amazing to me is his ability to snap out of character once the acting is over. You can see that very clearly in the BTS. That truly is a gift. That gift enables him to be the way he is no matter what character he has just been; and that makes acting less burdensome on him and those around him as they don't have to deal with his character. 

Lazy to trace that post but you have a million likes from me for that post of yours mangachickava! 

• Like 5