Quantcast

Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム [on MS] Movie: Seobok (playing in cinemas) Upcoming Movie: Wonderland

Park Bo Gum Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite Park Bo Gum dramas? (choose up to 3)

• Record of Youth
    • Itaewon Class (cameo)
    • Encounter
    • Love In the Moonlight
    • Reply 1988
    • The Producers
    • I Remember You / Hello Monster
    • Naeil's Cantabile
    • Wondeful Days
    • Wonderful Mama
    • Bridal Mask
    • Hero
  2. 2. Will you be watching Park Bo Gum's new movie Seobok?

• Yes, I've been waiting forever!
    • Maybe, it sounds interesting
    • No, I will miss Park Bo Gum even more if I watch it... It's still a long time until he's discharged :(
  3. 3. What type of genre would you like to see Park Bo Gum in next? (choose up to 3)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/17/2021 at 10:00 AM

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gumtaek

• Grace1003

• sara2908

• ilwoo_aein

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[Currently on Military Enlistment 31st August 2020 - 30th April 2022 as part of the Naval Cultural Promotions Unit ] **"I think youth represents self-reflection. Since every second that passes wi

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO THE MAN WHO OWNS MY HEART MY BODY MY SOUL AND MY EVERYTHING AND MORE <3 KEEP BEING A PRECIOUS SWORD, BOGUM. BTW, GIF TIME!! LOOK AT THIS GUY WEARING A RING GIVIN

YOF ep4 Well, it's shocking to Korean fans too. It seems nobody knew it. And actually I felt strange at YOF ep2, when he cried saying that he doesn't have any family photo. I thought it would be

Posted Images

10 tvN Dramas with the Highest Average Viewership Ratings of All Time

large_03eaed564e76ad64bbf15c9594250fdbc0

Here are 10 of the most popular tvN dramas in South Korea.

It is not a secret that tvN is one of the Korean broadcasting channels that always presents high-quality dramas. With their slogan of 'Contents Trend Leader' and 'Fun Has No End,' viewers have had hundreds of great dramas on the channel. Among all, these 10 are the most beloved ones, as they have recorded the highest average viewership ratings of all-time (according to AGB Nielsen).

Check out the complete list below!

#2 Reply 1988 (18.80%)

1613361333712-2.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/02/15/10-tvn-dramas-with-the-highest-average-viewership-ratings-of-all-time-389729

• Like 4

Annyeong chingudeul,  

I got curious of the list of Korean highest rating  cable tv dramas because of the just ended comedy - sageuk drama MQ.

I only arranged the first 25 with the highest rated episode but I used their average rating in the  data. This is credited to Korean Drama Wikipedia 

I found out, as of this date, "if I'm not mistaken", that uri Park Bo Gum has the most cable tv dramas that are in the list with high rating. 

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN and CURIOSITY PURPOSES.:tongue:

Down is the tabulated list.

Screenshot-2021-0215-165835.jpg

Park Bo Gum - 3 

Hyun Bin - 2

Park Seo Jun - 2

Jung Kyung Ho - 2

Yeo Jin Goo - 2

Jo Byeong Gyu - 2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_television_drama

• Like 4

Answering @gumtaek here ◉‿◉

I wrote about this before but I will write it again :D

My first encounter with Bogummy is Encounter ^^

So late, right?

I watched it because of SHK, so I didn't pay attention to him. Just an actor, handsome plus pretty face, nice character. 

I read the synopsis of MDBC several times when I search dramas to watch on Viu, but since the synopsis is "very ordinary", it didn't attract me, too.

But one day, I read a trivia.

"Park Bo Gum is known as National Prince because his act on Love in the Moonlight"

He must be good, then! I watched it and in love since the first episode!

His diverse voice when delivering lines as KJH feels a little bit weird for me, but as Lee Young, it fits perfectly. I just love his every single expressions and lines and gestures there. I love sageuk, but no other historical drama can makes me watch it over and over again.

By that time I start doing a search. Found IRY and Reply 1988, but it took me some time to finish Reply 1988. It is great drama but it is not my genre. ^^

One day, an article came to me. It is written in Indonesian language. The title is nice: "Park Bo Gum. An actor who has almost no hater." I can say that the writer is a fan of him, she described him nicely, and wrote things like "you should see him on 2D1N!"

And then I did! And there the Bogum Magic spell affected me! 

How could someone be this complex?

I can describe him as pretty, beautiful, manly, boyish, and masculine. He is smart, serious, fun, well-planned, sincere, kind, nice, cute, competitive, lost words to describe him ^_________^

I watch Infinite Challenge, YoF, too, and fall deeper.

His eagerness to take challenge attract me the most.

He was shocked after crashing his car, but he took the chance to drive again bravely.

He wasn't that brave to do a bungee jumping, there was fear in him, but still he said yes to that challenge.

He is a shy person, but he took his step to dance Boombastic.

I was so impressed, so I want to write him a letter personally (I never have this kind of thought to other actor or actress) and that's how I found this thread.

Bogummy affects me in lot of things. On earlier page I have told that I finally lost my fear to height. I say yes to every possibility and challenge that comes to me, because -now- I think, it will be better if I try and fail, than to say no because I am afraid I would fail. 

In many ways, he helps me to be a better me.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Down Memory Lane:wub:

@BogumNoona  since you love Lee Min / Jung Sunho of Hello Monster, this one for you. 

814355fa2a06aa7b503fcf2cc5fb81c9.gif

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

This scene is legendary. :o

I saw this kind from the poster of the film Beauty Inside.

51e284ff9d3be50ce671abf3f256e6f6.jpg

ctto

@U-Çan yes to that. Bogum helps us to be the better version of ourselves. 

• Like 3

This Coca-Cola vending machine for Pyeongchang Winter Olympics is three years ago. Thanks a lot to Kymmy PH for subbing in English because I only found in a subbed of it in Vietnam language. 

@Sakurafairythank you for those throwback gifs of Bogummy in Hello Monster. One of my favorite dramas of Bogum. I miss him portraying dark character in a drama. God bless. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Another throwback!

If you haven't watched this short film Twinkle Twinkle Pitter Patter of Bogum and Lee Cheong Ah,  I found a link of it on YT but raw. If it's not shown here just copy the link and check on YT. 

https://youtu.be/k4cGjHOwKPA

f9f944c3aa2364fbc37e14aaeeedc2d0.jpg

70eba4a4007000ad34ef53736894d71e.gif

6ede02b4504685514c1fc817791678fa.gif

Spoiler

60c780b1e248db85f8bb4cbdb21a14e5.gif
6f7de0c57520af6f9c7b941814c33a26.gif
6528c36c24c070bbb533d6306d7280b8.jpg

ctto

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 2

hi chinggus, how are you all? it's been a while, hope everyone is grateful regardless of the situation, just like our dear Bo Gummy.

@BogumNoona, thank you for explaining what a "noir" themed drama is. i, too would like to see Bo Gum in a police/detective role. maybe he feels he is not that good in action scenes yet. i remember how apologetic he was in "Love In The Moonlight" fight scenes as he feels he is still lacking. but in "Record of Youth" fight scenes, he was amazing.  so i hope, just like you, he reconsiders. i guess if there will be a good story and the role is relatable and has a good message with it, maybe he will do it.

it is heart warming to read the reasons why we decided to become Bo Gum's fan.  more than his beautiful visuals and great acting skills, we like him because of the kind of person he is : humble, grateful, considerate, clean living, decisive, principled, takes criticisms positively, and a lot more.  just like @U Can, Bo Gum is the only celebrity, local or international, that made me feel this way.  i've watched many K-Dramas and appreciated many of them, but after the drama, no more. it is different with Bo Gum. i went to his fan meet and bought his "All My Love" CD as my way of supporting him. of course, i also went to his fan meet to see him. just a side story to share : as early as 2017, i already asked my boss permission to go on leave in case Bo Gum will come to Manila. at that time, Bo Gum had fan meets in some Asian cities but Manila was skipped.  came 2019, it was announced that Bo Gum will have an Asian fan meet again and Manila was the last stop.  prior the announcement of his April 23, 2019 fan meet, my husband and I had already booked our April 21-28, 2019 Korean trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary so that means i cannot go to the fan meet. while we were in Korea, before his scheduled fan meet, a minor earthquake hit Manila and his fan meet was moved to June 22, 2019, a week before my Golden Birthday.  my husband, who supports my fangirling, bought me an advanced birthday gift : a ticket to the fan meet.  it was a wonderful experience seeing Bo Gum in person, his sincerity as he performed all the songs and dances without any ounce of tiredness, and his great interaction with the fans.  not to mention that the fan meet program was organized : the flow, the stage set up, the presentations. and to top it all, i got a wonderful advanced birthday gift during the fan meet : the autographed heart-shaped ball that was thrown to the audience during one of the performances. after the concert, my husband asked me how i felt and I said, "I am proud to be Bo Gum's fan".  on the side, i wished that many of our local celebrities got to watch him because they can learn a lot from him, even by just watching him perform. 

as for the question i asked as to who we want Bo Gum to be paired with, below are the results :

#1   -  Park Bo Young and IU

#2   - Suzy, Lee Sung Kyung, and Park Shin Hye

#3   - Kim Ji Won, Kim Tae Ri and Kim So Hyun

it was so nice seeing Bo Gum very playful in the latest Navy video. thank you to everyone who posted the videos. i agree that he seems to be enjoying his military service.  i think Bo Gum is the kind of person who will bloom and excel no matter where he is, be it in a good or not so good environment. his attitude and principles towards life make him a winner wherever he is.  may God's continuous protection and guidance be upon him.

happy weekend my dear chinggus! God bless you all.  stay safe.  :heart1:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

What a touching  story @Rom828. It is  a wonderful experience from God being his fans. Let's ready ourselves when he returns from MS/Navy. Surely after his returned drama there will be a fan meet again if only this pandemic is already ended at that time. Praying always for the healing of this world.

• Like 1

@Sakurafairyand @U Can, thank you for the throw back Twinkle Twinkle Pitter Patter of Bo Gum and Lee Chong Ah. The two of them acted in "Wonderful Mama" in 2013,  one of Bo Gum's earliest drama.  The drama is quite long, with 48 episodes.  Have you guys watched it? 

@BogumNoona, thank you for the Coke video with Kim Hyuna. I liked Bo Gum's hairstyle in that video. 

.  Since we are at throwback mode, would like to share Bo Gum's dance of BTS'  "Boy with LUV" during the Manila fan meet. I think it was only in this fan meet that he performed this dance. I guess this is his way of making up for the fan meet resched though it is not his fault. He is truly a very considerate person, and likes surprising his fans.

• Awesome 1
  • autumnight changed the title to Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム [on MS] Movie: Seobok (playing in cinemas) Upcoming Movie: Wonderland