Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Guest wizengamot

after jang nara praised bogummy (and ingukie... see my edited translation on previous post) as prettier than her... SIG said/praised that his baby brother Min BoGum can make your heart throb (and i like JNR's shy yet cheerful reaction on her song being sang) i really like their interaction even outside the drama but in the interviews hahaha!!!

BoGum shyly singing Jang Nara's song sweet dreams

Jang Nara being shy and cheerful/proud of BoGum singing his song

Choi Won Young and Lee Chun Hee applauding proudly or happily on the maknae of this whole interview

Seo In Guk praising his baby bro that he can make people's hearts throb

PERFECTION AT ITS FINEST!!! THIS WHOLE GROUP!!!

http://dalpengi.tumblr.com/post/127347507848/bo9um-at-the-end-tho

Guest ilchul

after jang nara praised bogummy (and ingukie... see my edited translation on previous post) as prettier than her... SIG said/praised that his baby brother Min BoGum can make your heart throb (and i like JNR's shy yet cheerful reaction on her song being sang) i really like their interaction even outside the drama but in the interviews hahaha!!!

BoGum shyly singing Jang Nara's song sweet dreams

Jang Nara being shy and cheerful/proud of BoGum singing his song

Choi Won Young and Lee Chun Hee applauding proudly or happily on the maknae of this whole interview

Seo In Guk praising his baby bro that he can make people's hearts throb

PERFECTION AT ITS FINEST!!! THIS WHOLE GROUP!!!

http://dalpengi.tumblr.com/post/127347507848/bo9um-at-the-end-tho

PBG singing Jang Nara's song was so cute :D and I love how the cast look like a family around each other!!! :) 

Guest ilchul

here is a video short video of PBG apon his arival at Music Bank :)

cr: BG TODAY

and here is a translated interview where actor Lee Hyun Woo mentioned PBG :)

Quoted from http://prkbgm.tumblr.com/

"TENASIA: Lately you’ve been mentioned a lot along with fellow actors born in 1993 such as Yoo Seungho and Park Bogum. Yoo Seungho, who you acted together with in ‘God of Study’, just finished his military service as well, what does it feel like to have friends who you’ve been able to grow alongside?

LHW: There’s definitely a sense of stimulation (for him to do well). But with that being said, that stimulation isn’t jealously. How should I put it. I learn a lot from looking at Seungho’s actions and the choices that he makes. It’s the same with Bogum as well. In the case of Bogum, I actually knew him first in an unofficial/personal setting. During university admissions, the applicant who sat right behind me was Bogum. At the time, it was just after ‘Blind’ - the movie Bogum appeared in, was released in cinemas, so everyone who was there that had seen the movie asked me “that movie (’blind), were you in it?”. Since I had heard many times before that Bogum and I looked alike, it was both strange but there was a sense of familiarity when meeting him at the examination hall. I think we grew really close during the hour we were waiting for our numbers to be called. We’ve kept in contact since, (so) it feels good that Bogum is getting a lot of attention now too. He’s strong willed, tall as well, and quite a good looking friend.

sourcetenasia january 2015
translationprkbgm.tumblr.com
[!] please link back to this post, or at least mention ‘prkbgm@tumblr’ when posting elsewhere. "

and this is me just wanting to post a pic of my Bogomie :P I love the way he's looking and smiling in this pic (in every pic actually :lol:) :wub: 

201505032038774481_554609052f931_99_2015

cr: http://prkbgm.tumblr.com/ 

Guest maiwun

@ilchul ahh!! it's pretty cool seeing my stuff being re-posted/shared here ! LOL it's from this video :) Lotte world commercial~  and thanks for the translations ! my brain tends to shut down when reading really long korean stuff... >A<;; so unless i really have to, i usually don't read very long articles (lol lazy learner here)

And here's a subbed video we recently released! :D 

Also full translation of his ELLE interview!
[TRANS] Elle Korea’s Interview With Park Bogum - August 2015
Credit: http://fyparkbogum.tumblr.com/post/127365832541/trans-elle-koreas-interview-with-park-bogum

What have you been up to?

For the time being, I’ve been a university student! I’m in Myongji University’s Musical Department’s Class of ‘14.

I remember you first knocked on the agency’s door (T/N: auditioned for the agency)as a singer, not as an actor. I think the musical department was a good choice to soothe the disappointment.

Singing, acting, and dancing - you can learn everything. Dancing is particularly fun to learn. At first, wearing a ‘leotard’ around people I didn’t know was embarrassing, but now, I’m used to it. 

Is campus life enjoyable? 

I am in the College of Arts and Physical Education at the campus in Yongin, which is a bit far. Because the school is located in nature, its ‘picture’ is pretty. We call it ‘Yongberia’ (T/N: mix of ‘Yongin’ and ‘Siberia’)because, compared to other regions, winter is exceptionally cold. Even so, the city of Yongin has many worthy places to go to and play at. Anyway, I commute to school in Seoul, so I can’t stay late at school. It’s a bit regretful. Other friends cook for one another, live in dorms or together, and memories are made. I must go home before the last bus [of the day].

What do you take (T/N: in regards to transportation) to school?

The school bus (T/N: the commuter bus that has stops either in or outside the university)! Everyone sleeps soundly so I go unnoticed (laughs).

I think [the people] around you will be fascinated with your normal school life.

Actually, I am a normal university student! In my 1st year, my colleagues(T/N: peers) were somewhat fascinated. I felt that there was a wall [between us]. Should I say it looked like we were close but not close? Then, at school, I applied for the overseas cultural visit program that was recruiting, and, including me, 4 friends from the musical department were chosen. We all had different personalities and were of different ages, but, during the 2 weeks in Europe, we became completely close friends. After returning from the trip, this bond with my changed colleagues (T/N: peers)deepened. Strangely, only in Europe did I feel different sitting at an outdoor café, drinking cheap coffee, [my] heart pounding watching pedestrians pass by. I even thought about wanting to live there. In particular, going to the museum was fun. Seeing the artwork that I always saw in art books in person was fascinating. It was a pity that we could only stay in one city for 2~3 days. If I have an opportunity, I want to go back with the same members or my family. 

In <Naeil’s Cantabile>, you appear as a genius majoring in cello at the [Han] Eum School of Music. Did you conduct and play the cello both without a [body] double?

I learned both [how to conduct and play the cello]. I learned how to play the cello longer than [I learned] how to conduct, so I can play a song that appeared in the drama even now. Leading people with hand movements is the charm of conducting. It was fascinating how a conductor’s facial expressions and interpretation of the song also varies with each different piece.

It brings to mind long-ago popular campus youth dramas <Ad Madness> and <KAIST>.

Although the ratings were low, it was like a ‘win-win’ work. The teamwork was good. Until recently, I even met up with Director Han Sang-Woo. Sometimes I meet with Joo Won hyung, (Go) Kyung-pyo hyung, and (Shim) Eun-kyung and, together, eat and even watch plays. Really, in the industry, I always took on the role of the maknae; for the first time, I took off the clothing of a maknae (T/N: no longer was the youngest)

You must have a deep relationship with Go Kyung-pyo, who was and will be with you in the movie <Chinatown> and in the drama to be broadcast in the second half [of 2015] <Reply 1988>. 

I was also amazed that I continually ‘stuck’ with hyung. I learned a lot watching Kyung-pyo hyung in <[Naeil’s] Cantabile>. He’s exceptionally observant. His interpretations are full of meaning, and even in acting, he is able to look at the bigger picture. He’s a person who’s more serious than you think. 

I heard that, after debuting, you couldn’t date at all? You could try out CC (T/N: Campus Couple).

Not yet. If we break up, it would be awkward at school, so I don’t want a girlfriend [at school]. I want to date, but I’m worried if I’ll do well or if I can balance work as well [or not]. I’m the type to concentrate on one thing if I’m captivated. Also, this looks like an excuse, but, when the time comes, won’t it happen naturally? 

Are there any examples of your experiences with ‘Be careful what you ask for’? 

Primarily as it concerns work. In the drama <Wonderful Mama>, I thought to myself while looking at the lineup, ‘It’s speaking about a family. Here, I want the role of the youngest son.’ At the time, only (Jung) Yu-mi noona and Teacher Bae Jong-ok were cast, but one day, the chief manager told me to go to an audition and the work was <Wonderful Mama>. After I was eventually casted, I was so amazed. In the past, I thought I wanted to be a music show MC, and now, like this, I’m a <Music Bank> MC. 

Perhaps your participation in the movie <The Admiral: Roaring Currents> [occurred in the same manner]? 

That’s right! It was when many people surrounding me  told me that I would suit a sageuk (T/N: a period drama or film with a historical background). I, of course, wanted to try out the idea, whatever the cost, and I eventually joined <The Admiral: Roaring Currents>. I was so thankful to be filming alongside respectable senior actors. I thought Choi Min-sik sunbae was only charismatic, but, surprisingly, he has many cute reversal charms. 

One after another [film], you appeared in the movie <Chinatown>, a story which makes one think of, before hope, despair first. You acted as Seok-hyun, who was very bright despite terrible circumstances of his father disappearing, leaving behind only debt. 

When I first saw the audition, I thought it wouldn’t be difficult, as Seok-hyun’s bright and positive appearance resembles mine. However, the process of perfecting the character is very difficult. It was difficult to capture the intensity of [his] brightness. Everybody was dark, while I, alone, was bright. 

Truthfully, didn’t you receive a lot of criticism? Mother (Kim Hye-soo), who never refused money, sent Il-young (Kim Go-eun) to run errands and collect money at the home which set the scene of where spaghetti was brought to a boil and a sneaker’s shoelaces tied. 

I too, at first, questioned how to act as Seok-hyun when even tomorrow was shrouded in darkness. In actuality, I relied on the director’s experience with the character Seok-hyun and could only converse with the director. Now, I’ve reached a level where I am able to logically explain people’s questions and arguments. 

Then why does Seok-hyun tie the shoelaces of Il-young, a mere acquaintance? 

In the movie, although Seok-hyun shows that he seems to deny it, truthfully, he knows his father abandoned him. Merely because he doesn’t want to admit the fact, he quickly makes money and ignores it, so he hates that Il-young comes to talk about his father. Tying Il-young’s shoelaces was just to naturally change the subject. 

It seems simple, but there are many hidden stories. It must have complicated your mind while filming. 

At first, I thought ‘Ah, I should never write a loan [agreement]’ (laughs). To me, a touching point of the film was the fact that Il-young was actually adopted by Mother. Although her facial expressions could not be read all throughout [the movie], she too was attached [to her]. One of Mother’s lines was “When you’re having a hard time, smile. It’s easier.” I thought that line was intended for Seok-hyun. You’re supposed to live while laughing despite a terrible life. Life is what you’ve chosen to act like. Life is moments and moments of choices, and nobody can act in my stead, so I must act carefully about everything. I’ve seen it three times. I’ve watched it once together with school colleagues (T/N: peers); it was a bit embarrassing. 

What did your colleagues (T/N: peers) say?

Don’t you die if the knife slightly grazes your neck? They ask how the blood spraying out was filmed. 

I’m also a little [curious]… 

It was CG (laughs)! 

Sometimes you seem like a young ‘93er, while sometimes, you seem somewhat like a precocious child. 

I am greatly influenced by my parents. My father likes cultural life, so he recommends good films and plays to me that we sometimes watch together. Members (T/N: actors and actresses) in my company also do the same, but my family, including my father, objectively speaks about acting, so I learn a lot from them. I believe adults’ words are never wrong, so if I obey my parents, many things come along that allow me to realize early on that I am in the right direction.

Don’t you have to let yourself go more in order to break out of your shell? 

I believe everything will happen in due time! Only from time to time can talk flow if your image is too rigid. But I dislike those words of image on their own (T/N: that saying on its own). It seems like I’m forcefully creating my image. As a person, my ultimate goal is to become a good influence to others. Wouldn’t it be nice to reveal [my] charms little by little by acting in a variety of roles?

You’re passionately performing now as Lawyer Jeong Seon Ho in the currently airing drama <I Remember You>. Your gaze is very strong. 

I always practice my facial expressions in front of a mirror. Lawyers mainly wear suits, so my posture definitely is different. Clothes aren’t everything, but they caused my facial expression, posture, and tone of voice to become a little more powerful. 

Plots like [those of a] mystery novel are entertaining. 

I also always look forward to the next episode’s script. Because the story has a slight mix of mystery, the props must be very detailed, more so than the locations, so the visual enjoyment is greater. I get along well with (Seo) Inguk-ie hyung, (Jang) Na-ra noona, and the special team family, so the pleasant atmosphere is a different story than the fierce scenes [in the drama]. As the profiler, Inguk-ie hyung had many difficult lines but did amazingly well with his own style and appearance. Na-ra noona finds the real people (T/N: used as the basis for characters in the drama, i.e. real detectives) and observes and obtains advice [from them]. I still have a long way to go. 

What do you do in the waiting room of <Music Bank>, which you’re responsible for MCing? 

I just practice by looking at the cue cards! The live broadcast is at 6 PM, but usually from 2:30 PM, I read the script with the writers and do a camera rehearsal. What’s fun is, if I’m sitting in the waiting room with Irene, who I’m MCing together with, and I say “Broadcasted live in 114 countries”, Irene, from the other side [of the room], automatically replies “Watched together by the whole world”. It just comes out automatically. 

I thought you would be spending a lot of time closely with the singers. 

I thought [the same] as well (laughs). There’s actually no time to meet. It’s a pity, but my duty as <Music Bank> MC is to introduce them well. Ah, I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to Bangtan Boys. When I made a mistake at the first rehearsal, they supported me and gave me strength.

Guest ilchul

@maiwun hhhhhhhhhhhhh really? I didn't know!! which one of what I posted is yours? :)

thank you so much for the videos and for your hard work on subbing and the translated interview :D 

you're welcome chingu :) I figured that since I know a litle korean and you and our chingu @tituyphing are/were into subbing I had to be a little helpful and try translating the article for everyone here to have a better understanding of PBG's interview but I'm sorry for the mistakes I did though :D 

like you reading a long article in korean isn't something I enjoy (my eyes can end up blurring), I usually go to the main points/phrases I want/need to know so this is the 1st time for me reading and translating an interview and I ended up feeling like the hangul/korean alphabet was spinning around my head by the time I ended translating but it was fun and I learned a lot of words/phrases in the process :D 

Guest maiwun

@ilchul the lotte world gifs were mine hahah (kangdann/gyngchi on tumblr is me) :D 

and yeah!! subbing is pretty time consuming esp since i'm sort of a perfectionist when it comes to subbing. personally, i prefer attempting to translate dialogues now than reading (though my korean listening isn't that great) xD doing these translations is a really good practice. it's like hitting two birds with one stone, learning new things at the same time helping those who have no korean knowledge at all~! :D 

Anyways, I suddenly remembered this since I've gifed this before. I think no one has posted this video yet? 

Tumblr post: http://bit.ly/1WNwzyo

tumblr_nrfkwwmdkh1qhv3x1o2_540.gif

tumblr_nrfkwwmdkh1qhv3x1o1_540.gif

He's too cute TvT

Guest ilchul

@maiwun hhhhhhhhhhhh really? looks like I'm fated to keep posting your gifs/videos :lol: I was looking for gifs from PBG and then I saw one gif that picked my interest and it ended up being yours!!! that's fate!!! :lol: you're really a popler and devoted fun chingu :D thank you for all your stuff :D 

thank you for the gif and video (it's the 1st time being posted here) :) at one second he gave me shivers with his creepy smirk and the other second he made me burst of laughter and be all: "so cute!!!" hhhhhhhh he's driving me crazy :lol: 

you're right, learning through Kdramas, OSTs and articles is a fun way of learning  :D 

Edited by ilchul

Lost my previous account, and eventho I never posted on this topic but been silently follow everything you guys said <3 so amazing <3 I love Bo Gum since Cantabile and feel extremely happy that he's getting more well known <3. Btw, I want to read more interview abt Bo Gum but dunno Korean T.T Do you guys recommend any website to study Korean online? I can understand pretty much 40% by listening but I can't read Korean :((

Edited by lilac95
  • Like 2

Guest ilchul

Lost my previous accounts, and eventho I never posted on this topic but been silently follow everything you guys said <3 so amazing <3 I love Bo Gum since Cantabile and feel extremely happy that he's getting more well known <3. Btw, I want to read more interview abt Bo Gum but dunno Korean T.T Do you guys recommend any website to study Korean online? I can understand pretty much 40% by listening but I can't read Korean :((

hi chingu, welcome to PBG's thread :D I hope you have fun with us here spazzing about our Bogomie :D 

check your inbox chingu, I just sent you the links for the videos I used and will use for learning korean, I hope that would be helpful to you :D 

#Reply1988 is set to air on 30/10 guys. Do you guys know if Bo Gum the leading man or not? he doesn't need to be the lead but I want he play a role that receive love =)) every roles (except wonderful mama) he played so far are all sad roles T.T

Btw english isn't my 1st language so I make a lot of grammar mistake but still it does make sense right? =))

• Like 2

Guest ilchul

@lilac95 thank you dor the information :) can you share with us the link of the information article? :) 

we don't know yet but I hope he is the 1st male lead so he will win the girl :P but anyway I want/hope his role is a great one that we will love and enjoy watching and see more of his talent :D

I only watched IRY and "Cantabile Tomorrow" till now but from what I read (and saw glimpses) about his other roles it's most of the time sad, I think that only in "Wonderful Mama" and "Chinatown" he played cheerful and bright characters (how things ended is a different matter!!), for me I enjoyed watching his different and conflicted emotions showing through his eyes and I want to see more of it but sure thing I want to see him happy and loved :D 

your english if fine chingu, no worry!!! :D 

Guest maiwun

Bogum's Twitter Update!

Translation:

#IRememberYou

With Hyung (Big Brother).♡

I'm also wondering if he's the main lead or not in Reply 1988 but I think he is...? I don't know hahhaha they've been pretty vague about it... .

Guest ilchul

Bogum's Twitter Update!

Translation:

#IRememberYou

With Hyung (Big Brother).♡

I'm also wondering if he's the main lead or not in Reply 1988 but I think he is...? I don't know hahhaha they've been pretty vague about it... .

thank you for the pic and translation :D 

I hope the same thing :D it was mentioned in one article that he's the 1st male lead but in others articles it's him one of the main leads!!! I think it's part of the drama to keep us wondering till the last episode :lol: 

Guest ilchul

it's crazy how I kept going from being creeped out by Minie to feel sad or/and happy for him when he smiles to himself!!! 

cr: mnd0313 

seriously I felt the shivers down my spine when Min was with the prisoner and was all creepy asking him why he looked at what's inside the boxes!!! :sweatingbullets:

Edited by ilchul

Guest ilchul

quoted from http://prkbgm.tumblr.com/

'REPLY 1988′ IS SET TO AIR ITS FIRST EPISODE ON OCTOBER 30TH.

With the Ssangmun-dong neighbourhood of Dobong-gu in Seoul as its background, ‘Reply 1988′ will be airing on Friday and Saturdays at 8:30PM on TVN, after the conclusion of ‘Twenty Again’.

the source article:  http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2015082408422227870&type=1&outlink=1

Guest wizengamot

FINALLY!!! 

BOGUM tweeting a pic of him and his hyung. i almost felt sad when they had no pic together on the wrap up party and he tweeted a pic of him and samcheon CWY... 

but now, after JNR tweeted a pic of them three in which the two brothers are sitting side by side. and then CWY tweeted another pic still with the two brothers sitting side by side. and now bogum tweeted this... 

i'm so happy!!!!

Guest maiwun

@wizengamot i feel you! i thought he wasn't going to update today but he did xD hope he continues to upload more~!! 

@ilchul i've rewatched that scene so many times!! got chills everytime while using it as a practice material. (I wrote down the dialogue in hangul) xD ahhh he was really scary/creepy at the start and then later on I realised his character was just a cute puppy who just wanted his brother to notice him!! :D 

From this:

214BC83955B4D39C14BFC3

To this:

2109F93B55C2B8D72268E9

Thank you very much for all updates, pics, gifs, translation, etc about Bogummie :)

@wizengamot

you're welcome chingu :) when I searched about Bogum and Irene as Mubank MC on twitter apparently there are many fans who watch Mubank only for them..haha..and knetz response about Bogum and Irene also positive and I think that pann/instiz article quite popular because many english site translate that article (kkuljaem, pann-choa and koreaboo).

and thank you for link to video of Bogum singing JNR's song "Sweet Dream"..I already watched that twice..first without sub and I think the link is from this thread..and 2nd with sub from KBSworld YT channed..and yes..@wizengamot so aww..when Ingguk said after Bogum sing JNR's song that Bogum can make people hearts throb..

and thank you very much for translation..I really appreciate your hard work :)

@ilchul

I really appreciate your hard work for translating that long interview article..keep fighting!! :) 

you're welcome chingu :) I accidentally found those article when I searched about Bogum and Irene as Mubank MC on twitter..apparently there are 2 article about them and 1 old article about Bogum..so glad that knetz also love Bogum as an actor and Bogum as a MC with Irene..and also thank you for those gifs..I already watched a video CF (which already was posted by @maiwun)..there is also another Bogum's CF..he acted with IU in this CF..even thought he's more like a supporting character (because I think the main star of this CF is IU)..here's the video (I hope I don't repost)

they are so cute :) when first know there is this CF..I really happy because omg my 2 favorite korean artist on the same CF!!

@maiwun

thank you very much for video translation and keep fighting for you and your team @bogummysubs. even before you posted about bogummysubs, I already followed bogummysubs twitter account and once again thank you for the first video translation..now I understand what Bogum said in that BTS video.. :) and aww..finally Bogum posted his selca/selfie with his hyung when they "dated" in final ep of IRY..I have been waiting this photo :)

It looks like no one has posted Choi Won Young twitter update with Bogum (20150823). So here is..

Translation: @bigapple3pp: DVD commentary. the day we revealed all the secrets in the drama~ saying hi to bogum’s selfie stick that looks like a sword* throwing out a photo! #IRememberYou (cr to prkbgm.tumblr)

I love this fan edit picture of Chef Bogum (from Chinatown movie) and Chef Inguk from his cameo in OMG..

Short video of Bogum after Mubank last Friday..he still wearing his MC outfit..

• Like 2

Guest ilchul

@maiwun yes!!! at 1st (1st time I saw Min as the lawyer in ep 3) I thought that he was a sirial killer that we will come across and then move on but then he kept showing up in every case with Hyun and I hated him at 1st but then knowing his story and how much he missed and needed his brothers love I feel for him (and became PBG's fan :D) and became conflicted like Hyun about what to do with him wanting him to have a happy ending but knowing that he needs to pay for his wrongdoing!!! seriously what a great story and acting!!! :wub: 

@fleurofjasmine you're welcome chingu and thank you chingu for your encouragement, I'll keep working and trying harder in the future too :D 

you're right it's great to see more people loving him as an actor and as an MC and say good things about him :D 

no worry chingu, even if it's a repost we all happy to have it again :D hhhhhhhh so you had two birds in one CF!!! :lol: how lucky of you!!! :D 

thank you chingu for the pics, video and translation :D Min and his hyung both chefs hhhhhhhhhhhh that's really destiny!!! :lol: 

our cute and playfull PBG/MCs :lol: :wub: 

tumblr_nscpdh9ISd1untowto1_540.gif

tumblr_nscpdh9ISd1untowto2_r1_540.gif

tumblr_nscpdh9ISd1untowto3_540.gif

cr: http://prkbgm.tumblr.com

Edited by ilchul