Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

So thats new @Sakurafairy 

Youth Record update in asianwiki. Looks like this is just another nice guy drama. 

"Youth Record follows the lives of young people in the world of modeling.

Sa Hye-Joon is smart and handsome. He is a nice guy and a popular model, but what he really wants is to become an actor. He has auditioned for many acting roles, but hasn't found success yet. Unfortunately, Sa Hye-Joon doesn't have much presence as an actor. Meanwhile, An Jung-Ha works as a make-up artist."

• Like 1

:kiss_wink:@rahma92annyeong!  The video itself is not new since it was from Christmas Japan FM years ago but Kfan just posted it now. Maybe they ripped it. Actually there was some questions raised fr that if it is allowed to be posted:blush:

About Asian wiki I read that also and truth be told the little synopsis is a bit disappointing since drama lovers will start their imagination with that kind and will think it's a " cheesy and another nice guy drama" however I think Encounter before when it was being introduced had also its share of not good synopsis and a little over but it turned out so great. :blush:

Another survey! He won again. 

Park Bo-gum, enthusiastic support of aunts ★ 1st place… Is it a youth record?

Actor Park Bo-gum was ranked No. 1 star earned by the aunts selected by netizens.

Community portal site D'SIDE Inside and taste search company 'Exciting Dish', operated by Mycelebs, is a girl fan? Male fan? Now you are a big fan! What is the star that is enthusiastically supported by the aunts? ' The voting took place for a total of seven days from the 8th to the 14th. 

Park Bo-gum was ranked first with 9,616 votes. The most attractive keyword was 'good looking', followed by 'lovely', 'beautiful', 'colorful' and 'intelligent'.The second place was taken by singer Kang Daniel with 8,770 votes. The third place was 1,961 votes by the Group BTS.

708526-420043-3658.jpg

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=708526#_enliple

• Awesome 1

So Dam fan passing by to talk about potential Kdrama offering to So Dam and Park Bo Gum. 

https://sodamninlove.wordpress.com/2019/12/12/191120-so-dam-confirms-to-join-new-korean-drama/#more-1933

See the link. There is more information about the character being offered to Park Bo Gum.

Originally, Jang Ki Yong confirmed the drama with So Dam, but for reasons unknown, he dropped out of the drama. I hope it's not a sign that the script is bad, though I wouldn't put it past Ha Myung Hee since her dramas like Temperature of Love, High Society or Doctors are not highly rated nor well written. 

So Dam's character is the idol-chasing maknae make up artist, and the male protagonist is successful model but unsuccessful actor. It would've fit Jang Ki Yong since he's model transitioning to actor, but since he dropped out, the offer is made to Park Bo Gum. 

Edited by Serena Fang
  • Insightful 1

29 minutes ago, Serena Fang said:

So Dam fan passing by to talk about potential Kdrama offering to So Dam and Park Bo Gum. 

https://sodamninlove.wordpress.com/2019/12/12/191120-so-dam-confirms-to-join-new-korean-drama/#more-1933

See the link. There is more information about the character being offered to Park Bo Gum.

Originally, Jang Ki Yong confirmed the drama with So Dam, but for reasons unknown, he dropped out of the drama. I hope it's not a sign that the script is bad, though I wouldn't put it past Ha Myung Hee since her dramas like Temperature of Love, High Society or Doctors are not highly rated nor well written. 

So Dam's character is the idol-chasing maknae make up artist, and the male protagonist is successful model but unsuccessful actor. It would've fit Jang Ki Yong since he's model transitioning to actor, but since he dropped out, the offer is made to Park Bo Gum. 

Annyeong @SerenaFang!  Thanks for dropping by. I read  the blog and the author has high praise with SoDam. With the author's explanation means SoDam is already on boarded on this drama. If that's the case, Bogum is the only one waiting by the crew. 

Well, Bogummy as we all know is a very diverse actor. He can do every role given to him. He can add and suggest to the role he is portraying to make it more colorful and improved. If he'll accept this surely this will turn to a role that's gonna brand him an another title again. :wub:

8 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

With the author's explanation means SoDam is already on boarded on this drama.

I think that's the problem. Two days ago, there is a report saying that PSD is still reviewing the drama, meaning she actually didn't confirm the drama. So all of these news reports are very contradicting. In that blog, there is another link to the report that backs up this very statement. 

Honestly, it's very suspicious. I have a hunch that the scriptwriter don't have any of the actors/actresses to confirm. So it's either the script is bad, or they are using PSD/PBG to mediaplay this drama. 

43 minutes ago, Serena Fang said:

I think that's the problem. Two days ago, there is a report saying that PSD is still reviewing the drama, meaning she actually didn't confirm the drama. So all of these news reports are very contradicting. In that blog, there is another link to the report that backs up this very statement. 

Honestly, it's very suspicious. I have a hunch that the scriptwriter don't have any of the actors/actresses to confirm. So it's either the script is bad, or they are using PSD/PBG to mediaplay this drama. 

Omg... But if you camp on naver, there were 22 news sites that this role was BEING OFFFERED o Bogum which confirmed by Blossom Entertainment and still under review. 

Mediaplay means to hype this?  Oh, we know Bogum already and Sodam is  a great actress. If this drama doesn't catch their eyes surely  this will be like People of Incheon Airport that just rejected by Bogum in d past. I dont know much about So Dam but I know she is a great actress.

5 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Omg... But if you camp on naver, there were 22 news sites that this role was BEING OFFFERED o Bogum which confirmed by Blossom Entertainment and still under review. 

I don't think you understand what I am saying. I'm saying that PSD aka Park So Dam, not Park Bo Gum, was reported to confirm the drama in past month reports along with Jang Ki Yong

But now there is a recent report that says Jang Ki Yong dropped out of the drama and Park So Dam (PSD) is still in discussion, not confirming the drama. And Park Bo Gum was offered right after the report Jang Ki Yong dropped out of drama. 

It's very suspicious in general that Jang Ki Yong suddenly dropped out and So Dam suddenly not confirmed the drama. And somehow, right after Jang Ki Yong dropped out, there is report that the drama offered to Park Bo Gum. 

Either way, this drama gets attention because of Park So Dam (for worldwide acclaimed Parasite fame) and the fact that hallyu star like Park Bo Gum is linked gives media power to the drama. 

• Insightful 1

@Serena Fang, I think it's possible that this is just TvN's media play, but either way, we'll probably find out soon won't we? I read that the drama is scheduled to be released in May 2020, which means shooting will start somewhere in late Feb, early March. Maybe script reading late Jan/early Feb. I doubt we'll hear anything for the rest of this year, but we'll probably know for sure in January... :) 

In case Bo Gum takes up the offer, a fitting photo from the past :D

DH6Z8l2UwAAVWG0?format=jpg&name=small

cr: gummyblue

• Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Serena Fang said:

Originally, Jang Ki Yong confirmed the drama with So Dam, but for reasons unknown, he dropped out of the drama. I hope it's not a sign that the script is bad, though I wouldn't put it past Ha Myung Hee since her dramas like Temperature of Love, High Society or Doctors are not highly rated nor well written

Spoiler

I'm not sure if you know this. But JKY already confirmed for other drama with CSB and will start filming in Jan. he confirmed since oct (I think) thats before he accept Youth record's script. Thats why media said JKY turn it down because of schedule conflict.

Its such a good news if JKY confirmed for this drama too. But its mean the PD is the one who decide to not take him because TVN already give them a time slot. So their schedule really wont fit. Sometimes actors take many projects in one go, but its the drama PD who decide if they willingly to wait for them or not.

I know the writer is kinda weak but one of his drama doctors was a big hit. The rating is high in Korea and created a big buzz internationally. 

About media play, blossom ent confirmed they recieve the script, so I dont think Its just media play.

Spoiler

I think Wonderland is the one that did media play. :sweatingbullets:

Btw welcome to the thread :)

2 hours ago, rahma92 said:

But JKY already confirmed for other drama with CSB and will start filming in Jan. he confirmed since oct (I think) thats before he accept Youth record's script.

I knew about that, but the report of JKY confirmed to play released about 1 wk after news about JKY being offered to the part. So the timing is quite sudden.

Honestly, tvN knows how to create media buzz around a drama that will air in May. 

Either way, let's see how it goes. Didn't PBG turn down Ha Myung Hee's drama before? I think it's Temperature of Love, isn't it? 

• Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, Serena Fang said:

I knew about that, but the report of JKY confirmed to play released about 1 wk after news about JKY being offered to the part. So the timing is quite sudden.

Honestly, tvN knows how to create media buzz around a drama that will air in May. 

Either way, let's see how it goes. Didn't PBG turn down Ha Myung Hee's drama before? I think it's Temperature of Love, isn't it? 

I think if he said yes already then the problem not in the script :)

Yes Park Bogum turn down Temperatur love, but we still cant predict anything. He turn down entertainer before but take encounter 2 years later. Its from the same writer.

• Insightful 1

Spoiler
5 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Lmao!!!

I want to comment

"you're so handsome, Miss you" now I sound like a thirsty Fangirl. :joy: 

But he indeed looks so handsome in there.

@rahma92    @autumnight   

Omg, Why did he turn it off?  Waeee,Bogum-ssi? 

But anyway, he is on fire again and I'm sweating :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Screenshot-20191216-065339.jpg

Spoiler
7 hours ago, Serena Fang said:

I don't think you understand what I am saying. I'm saying that PSD aka Park So Dam, not Park Bo Gum, was reported to confirm the drama in past month reports along with Jang Ki Yong

Hi @SerenaFang got your point :blush:.

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Serena Fang said:

This either a media play or not, or TVN just wanted to hype it. As I said and reiterated the role which previously offered to JKY but declined after conflicts of schedule was now offered to Bogum but still under review and confirmed by Blossom Entertainment accdg to news sites. So this is not a mediaplay for Bogum.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, rahma92 said:
  Hide contents

About media play, blossom ent confirmed they recieve the script, so I dont think Its just media play.

Hide contents

I seconded @rahma92 for that statement. 

Again, for Park So Dam I don't know much about her if she confirmed this already or not. 

Let's trust the two young actor and actress. Surely their agency will help them in every possible way. They have good eyes in choosing good projects. 

• LOL 1