Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Hi.. I first know PBG from encounter, I  did'nt really know him before but I know his name SJH mention him in running man (SJH is a fans of him) and in hyori b&b mention him too. later I watched where he become part timer at hyori b&b.

he is really good looking, and since I missed jinsoo couple so much so I start watching PBG other drama, reply 1988 and that was really good too, Taek is really innocent, and I think PBG there a bit different from Kim jin hyuk in encounter (maybe because reply 1988 he is still younger), he got very handsome in encounter.

I don't watch moonlight because I don't like historical drama, but looks like PBG chemistry with the main lead in moonlight is very good (I watched from youtube clip)

• Like 5

Halooo everyone happy new year!  

@rainy12 hai I think its because director in reply 1988 give bowl haircut to bogum. They trying to make him look unattractive because he's too handsome :lol: (actually reply 1988 is my fav drama ever).

He looks good as lee min in I remember you tho

k1TsBkB.jpg

And in Coin locker 

IXPMoqD.gif

I cant finish moonlight because the story just not my cup of tea. Yeah the chemistry is crazy. But still Bogum always look good with everyone, even with his mc's partner in music bank, irene. 

And I miss jinsoo couple too, cant wait for tomorrow!

• Like 5

me too @autumnight  when i see this pic while browsing ig , i quickly come to the thread and post it. LOL.  Actually i was the one who really against his long hair.  

welcome @rainy12  please feel free to write or post.  most of us are from different time zone and different time online, so we just leave a post here. sometimes we all are happens to be online at the same time, ofcourse we can chat or discuss.

@rahma92 mentioned above, reply director puporsely make bogum cut his hair "bowl cut" to have not attractive at all. Director did mention in his interview at that time and bogum still looks cute. hahah.  please watch i remember you and tell us how u feel about him in the drama. wanna know your opinion too. 

• LOL 1

Throwback reply 1988!

When someone asking him, is he wearing a wig?

Bogum reaction was so adorable :lol: poor bogum

EBH90Iw.gif

@dahae2006 it didnt really work tho, I remember Seo kang joon called bogum pretty and handsome in his interview after watching reply 1988 (eventhough he's man too :joy:)  and dont forget song jihyo from RM 

• LOL 4

Welcome to the thread @rainy12! I see your posts in the Boyfriend drama thread.

Happy New Year, Bogummers: @dahae2006, @mellinadear, @autumnight, @rahma92, @swordfish, @magrace93, @thesunset. Sorry for those whose names I missed posting here. I appreciate your effort in keeping this thread alive. 

I realized that since mid-November or even earlier, I find myself in the same mode as the MDBC days...livestreaming and posting furiously in the drama and Bo Gum's thread updating these with news about him and the drama. And yes...worrying just a bit about the ratings (trying not to be greedy and be obsessed about it:)) This is what my love for our dear Bogummy does to me. The first actor and hopefully the last..as it's really hard to fangirl....I am not complaining, though,as Bogummy rightfully deserves all of our admiration.

I am moved by the care with which he chooses his roles---we may not agree with all of his choices---but I am happy that he chose to be Kim Jin Hyuk. His character has moved me on a personal level, and if I could be a little bit like him, how good that would be both for me and my family!:D He has mentioned in an interview that he wants to inspire with the roles he takes on and I wanted to tell Bo Gum, that he is doing it right now as Kim Jin Hyuk.

I am tempted to think and I would like to spill it here, that the writer must have been inspired by Park Bo Gum when she wrote the character of Kim Jin Hyuk as on a personal level, they have a great deal of similarity...positive, even-tempered, self-controlled, not materialistic, respectful and delicate in dealing with people, loving son to his father---the way Kim Jin Hyuk talks to and talks about his father is how Park Bo Gum would talk about his Dad---always thinking about the others. No wonder Bo Gum is given the title of the National Man of Good Influence because of the impact of his real persona on people. It's not only the REAL world that needs a Park Bo Gum. The REEL world inundated by tsunderes and alpha males, needs one like him, too, so finally, the Boyfriend scriptwriter came up with the wonderful Kim Jin Hyuk! 

Thank you, Bogummy for incarnating beautifully  the character of Kim Jin Hyuk! I trust your choice of roles and will continue to do so!

• Like 6

Hai @gumtaek I hope you enjoying your holiday! :D

Dont worried much about the rating. I know its become a big burden because both is really popular, but isnt it still high for tvn? tho I really hope its reached two digit again. 

38 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

I am tempted to think and I would like to spill it here, that the writer must have been inspired by Park Bo Gum when she wrote the character of Kim Jin Hyuk as on a personal level, they have a great deal of similarity...positive, even-tempered, self-controlled, not materialistic, respectful and delicate in dealing with people, loving son to his father---the way Kim Jin Hyuk talks to and talks about his father is how Park Bo Gum would talk about his Dad---always thinking about the others. No wonder Bo Gum is given the title of the National Man of Good Influence because of the impact of his real persona on people. It's not only the REAL world that needs a Park Bo Gum. The REEL world inundated by tsunderes and alpha males, needs one like him, too, so finally, the Boyfriend scriptwriter came up with the wonderful Kim Jin Hyuk! 

Agreed with this. I think this is the reason why PBG taking this drama.  

I actually happy he taking this project. But I watched other drama '100 days my prince'  (I love it) and I really sure that the script is one of many scripts PBG decline. tho I prefer he's taking that drama, because I'm not into moonlight drawn by cloud, so still hoping to see him in saeguk. But I think he didn't take it maybe because he prefer different role in his project (the male lead chacracter is just another lee young). But still I dont really understand, other actors can maintain their popularity because they always in their 'comfort zone' (acted as the same person in their drama) but PBG keep challenging himself more and more. I actually love him because of that, but worried in the same time. It can be hit or miss.  

I wonder about awards ceremony (baeksang), I'm sure he wont get best actor, yeah LBH will totally take it.and then there's popularity award, but isnt DO EXO on the list too? :sweatingbullets: Ouch I dont want to think about this.     

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

Wecome to the thread @rainy12! I see your posts in the Boyfriend drama thread.

Happy New Year, Bogummers: @dahae2006, @mellinadear, @autumnight, @rahma92, @swordfish, @magrace93, @thesunset. Sorry for those whose names I missed posting here. I appreciate your effort in keeping this thread alive. 

I realized that since mid-November or even earlier, I find myself in the same mode as the MDBC days...livestreaming and posting furiously in the drama and Bo Gum's thread updating these with news about him and the drama. And yes...worrying just a bit about the ratings (trying not to be greedy and be obsessed about it:)) This is what my love for our dear Bogummy does to me. The first actor and hopefully the last..as it's really hard to fangirl....I am not complaining, though,as Bogummy rightfully deserves all of our admiration.

@gumtaek  ikr.  As a bogum's fan and he did so well in both rating for reply 1988 ( still no.1 in tvn) and love in the moonlight too, i wants him to get rating better than current rating. 

following one actor's is hard.  I simply do not have time to watch ( or could not focus) on other drama at all sicnce bf started airing.  Therefore bogum is my first and last actor for me. 

• Like 1

@rahma92: Bo Gum himself said that the reason why he only has a few projects since his 2011 debut is because he wants to take on a different role each time so he will not take on a sageuk role anytime soon as it's hard to break away from the insane popularity of MDBC. Will send you a DM about the drama you mentioned.

I am not quite content with the ratings. Objectively it's a hit by  cable TV drama standards. When I said worry, it had to be do with how Soompi news was translating the ratings news which was not quite accurate. The Korean news articles are more clear but sadly I don't see these being translated with their original content.

@dahae2006: it takes A LOT for me to fangirl an actor. And I say this with conviction Park Bo Gum IS a TOUGH ACT to follow so like you, he might be my first and last unless another Park Bo Gum comes to the fore....hahaha!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@gumtaek Oh my bad, but still you dont need to worry much about that. Isnt korean article is more important than Int article? honestly I'm just care with korean news. is bogum still popular in korea? is his fanbase still big? because if your fav still popular, I believe we will get to see him with really good project. Popular writer just want to work with popular actor, and yeah Popular actor always have high budget drama, so we can see the quality too.    

For me I just hoping he's not on hiatus after this.   

@dahae2006 I cant help myself :D he can take many awards in other awards ceremony tho
And sadly PBG not my first, but he can be my last :wub:  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

@gumtaek Oh my bad, but still you dont need to worry much about that. Isnt korean article is more important than Int article? honestly I'm just care with korean news. is bogum still popular in korea? is his fanbase still big? because if your fav still popular, I believe we will get to see him with really good project. Popular writer just want to work with popular actor, and yeah Popular actor always have high budget drama, so we can see the quality too.    

For me I just hoping he's not on hiatus after this.   

But Bo Gum has a big i-fan base. And there is a dearth of translated  good Bo Gum news being translated for English-speaking fans. Often what is being translated are slanted news:blink: This is the reason why I started a Twitter account for Bo Gum news so even if I just translate (with the help of friends) snippets of these, at least the i-fans are updated.

• Like 1

Happy to read your posts Bogummers ( @autumnight It’s just a name we gave ourselves in Soompi few years ago :lol:)

I didn’t want to write about Bogum and his role/acting in Boyfriend till drama ends but now that you are writing about it here is my take on it. But before that, since I read various posts/reviews; we as fans have the right to like or dislike one or some of our favorite actors/actresses’ projects. like or dislike their acting in a certain project and it’s totally valid, it’s a personal preference. Just remember to always respect them and their effort, while analyzing or criticizing.

As for Boyfriend, I get why Bogummy chose JinHyuk. As a stand-alone character Jinhyuk totally is a character that has moved our Bogummy and it’s so obvious to me that he is in love with this character. And also agree with @gumtaek about scriptwriter being inspired by Park BoGum and his personality. They may never say anything about it but as long time fan of BoGum it’s somehow clear, isn’t it? ^_^

I have things to write about Jinhyuk so if you don’t want to read it just skip the next paragraph. I don’t feel like posting it on the drama thread...

Kim Jinhyuk is a literarian ( also an artist) and I connect with him on so many levels. It saddens me that people like him are considered awkward, weak and too much by others. I know Jinhyuk is a fictional character but I know people who are like him in real life and the way viewers slandered him was like a personal attack. They want him to become manly.... that’s what I don’t get... I don’t know what is the definition of ‘real man’ for them but to me he is a real human being. JinHyuk is sensitive, empathetic, and passionate. He's confident enough not to worry about the standards. Some want him to smile less to grow up, they want CSH to broke up with him/ be separated till he makes more money and has higher status and it made me really upset to read those words. 

So after all this rant I want to say I totally appreciate BoGum for taking up this role. It takes a lot to pick a role that’s not the norm in this society, make it believable and real, make peaple appreciate it against all their prejudices against Bogum himself or his character.

As for BoGum’s acting and my view of the drama as a whole, I’ll wait till drama ends. Praying every week that scriptwriter deliver till the end. 

And chingus don’t worry about ratings, this drama is doing well beyond TvN’s expectation. It’s a subtle drama and it’s character driven. Things are not happening left and right and it’s not makjang. It’s just a heart warming mature romance so it will only have certain type of viewers. Let’s enjoy the second half of the ride and cheer on our Bogummy. As for award ceremonies, Bogum’s speech is still in my mind when he said rather than a popularity award he prefers to be nominated for his acting. So for now I’m not voting for any popularity award this year.

• Like 5