Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

51 minutes ago, pandacloud said:

Hi all! Thanks for all the constant updates regarding the various FMs!! I've actually been a lurker for quite some time. De-lurking now as I'm very excited that PBG will be having his fanmeet in singapore!! (OMG I still can't believe it) I would really like to find some fellow singaporeans to go to the singapore FM tgt!!  Do reply me or PM me (idk if that's possible hahaha) and we can buy tickets together once the details are out!! :D Very happy to be a part of this family!!

Hi I'm a fellow Singaporean and also interested to go for his FM.  Does anyone know which site I can go to for register interest and get info about the FM schedule. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 4evgbogummy said:

@Grace1003 @mangachickava Wow, thanks a mil for educating me about this Meisner technique of acting! What's more amazing to me is his ability to snap out of character once the acting is over. You can see that very clearly in the BTS. That truly is a gift. That gift enables him to be the way he is no matter what character he has just been; and that makes acting less burdensome on him and those around him as they don't have to deal with his character. 

Lazy to trace that post but you have a million likes from me for that post of yours mangachickava! 

I totally agreed with you that Park Bo Gum is amazing. As we read from his interviews that at the very beginning, he struggled with fine tuning how to present Crown Prince in comedy way in early episodes (several actors mentioned comedy could be most difficult esp. when the lead role who has highest postion as Crown Prince, he has to keep his royal dignity while acting comedy) From Pit scene, he discovered real Crown Prince like he can access completely to the soul of Crown Prince, I really understood why Director decided to re-shoot some early scenes because the enlightened acting by Park Bo Gum could be much better to strike audiences' heart. 

The introduction episodes are very crucial to result in high or low rating to TV drama.  

As @Grace1003 mentioned about method technique;therefore, I searched to compared how different it is from Meisner as @mangachickavamentioned. {credit to wiki}.

In my opinion, Meisner technique would be more effective when the other actor in scenes is fluent enough to react with similar acting level. Kim Yoo Jung(13 years acting experience), Eunuch Jang (he is coach acting) Kim Prime Minister&Queen&seniors (highly experienced actor) can react to let Park Bo Gum use Meisner technique in effective and efficient results.

• Method acting is a range of techniques used to assist acting persons in understanding, relating to and the portrayal of their character/s, as formulated by Lee Strasberg. Strasberg's method is based upon the idea that in order to develop an emotional and cognitive understanding of their roles, actors should use their own experiences to identify personally with their characters. It is based on aspects of Stanislavski's system. Other acting techniques are also based on Stanislavski's ideas, such as those of Stella Adler and Sanford Meisner, but these are not considered "method acting".
  • Meisner technique requires the actor to focus totally on the other actor as though he or she is real and they only exist in that moment. This is a method that makes the actors in the scene seem more authentic to the audience. It is based on the principle that acting finds its expression in people's response to other people and circumstances. It is based on Stanislavski's system.
  • Classical acting is an umbrella term for a philosophy of acting that integrates the expression of the body, voice, imagination, personalizing, improvisation, external stimuli, and script analysis. It is based on the theories and systems of select classical actors and directors including Konstantin Stanislavski and Michel Saint-Denis.
  • In Stanislavski's system, also known as Stanislavski's method, actors draw upon their own feelings and experiences to convey the "truth" of the character they are portraying. The actor puts himself or herself in the mindset of the character finding things in common in order to give a more genuine portrayal of the character.
  • Practical Aesthetics is an acting technique originally conceived by David Mamet and William H. Macy, based on the teachings of Stanislavsky, Sanford Meisner, and the Stoic philosopher Epictetus. Some key features of the method include a particular method of script analysis, adaptability, and repetition exercises similar to those in Meisner technique.

----------------

• Like 2

Hi All Chingus, what a busy day i have no time to back read BoGum news yet. And for fans who wants to go to Malaysia fan meeting and needs help to buy ticket please message me. My friends and i are planning to have bulk purchase. 

Please let me know before end of the today. Thanks. 

• Like 2

@NongpeeP The video you posted is rather suspicious. I don't know what's "dingsptach". Just yesterday I did a search for Bogummy on Facebook to locate the HK Facebook page and found many Facebook accounts set up by KYJ's fans to promote KYJ. Interestingly, they all tag Park Bo Gum instead of KYJ. The same is happening on weibo and C fans have been very upset. This sort of thing has made KYJ very unpopular with some C fans whose accounts I follow. We must always verify the source of info. With such soaring popularity, Bogummy will be targeted. He was already a victim of unscrupulous marketeers over the KSWISS affair. Now he's also being targeted by fanatic fans of other idols who use his name as a bait to draw attention to the star/idol these fans support. I also found some weibo accounts tagged with his name but they are about IU, presumably set up by IU's fans.

It's important that we do not post here things from unverified sources. Twitter and IG accounts often have their own agenda and it's best to verify and monitor the stuff coming out of a particular account. That's why I follow Twitter and IG accounts with great caution.

• Like 6

To all chingus here, I would urge you to report to admin or at least expose them when you see this happening. For individual accounts, they won't do anything but if you can post something to expose them, it alerts others and deters the account holders.

The loyal C fans whose accounts I follow are very astute, having been well trained after KWISS and they are a protective bunch. I-fans are not so savvy and a lot more nonchalant. I also find a higher tendency for KYJ related stuff to be tagged with our Bogummy's name amongst popular I-fan platforms like Facebook, IG and Twitter, perhaps because of delusional shipper fans who just want to put her with Bogummy. I feel rather disgusted to be honest and if you look closely, the stuff they post either seek to put the two of them together or have negative connotation against our Bogummy. 

Haha...I for one have lurked at all available sites to check on authenticity before deciding to participate in this thread. I also like the fact that it's open to all to read and correct, so there's good check and balance here. For my weibo, I follow loyal C fans, collective Bogummy accounts and some other "untested" accounts (the last is just to get a sense of what's happening). 

• Like 7

Not only on IG , twitter and even youtube if search Bogum's name resulted with some are not related to him at all.

I have come across xxx site tagging his name  in youtube and have to filter out unsavoury pics to get to his vids but currently it has been clean or reported.

So upset about that. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 4evgbogummy said:

@NongpeeP The video you posted is rather suspicious. I don't know what's "dingsptach". Just yesterday I did a search for Bogummy on Facebook to locate the HK Facebook page and found many ...

Let me clarify about what I posted. Yesterday I expressed my anger from prompt feeling in Kwak's interview about Kim Hyung's previous script to have too far feeling. (Actually I have read several interviews by Kwak and felt something unsure about media playing.) However, Some who feel positively to Kwak might think differently that he does not play fame game. 

From this twitter and such dingspatch, it is my first time seeing this and I would not be sure whether shippers have just showed their attempt from their preference as their style or others else. Therefore, I wrote comments not negatively or with other feeling due to unsure. 

In addition, I have just known there are strange attempts from some fans with other purposes in other sources including weibo. 

Anyway, almost all fans base might have nice type and unfavorable type. I will try to focus on actor/actress herself and himself whether he/she is nice and sincere or not esp. relating to Park Bo Gum.

For Kim Yoo Jung's acting capability and witty interviews, I appreciates. For agency, let me further see then. 

• Like 3

@NongpeeP I want to clarify about our posts on Kwakkie- they are all public and published info - Kwakkie's interviews and what Kwakkie said on variety shows. What you posted is different- it's not an official source. So I beg to differ re our posts on Kwakkie. In any event, the posts relate to Bogummy and they are not just about Kwakkie. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4evgbogummy said:

@NongpeeP I want to clarify about our posts on Kwakkie- they are all public and published info - Kwakkie's interviews and what Kwakkie said on variety shows. What you posted is different- it's not an official source. So I beg to differ re our posts on Kwakkie. In any event, the posts relate to Bogummy and they are not just about Kwakkie. 

I understood your point that they are from different sources, one by actor and another by one of fans group. 

I explained my views to compare my unsure thoughts from one as unscrupulous marketing and another as media play. 

I posted because I am not sure about their purpose. I have no intention to broadcast. I have already deleted from this forum. 

3 hours ago, 4evgbogummy said:

@NongpeeP The video you posted is rather suspicious. I don't know what's "dingsptach". Just yesterday I did a search for Bogummy on Facebook to locate the HK Facebook page and found many Facebook accounts set up by KYJ's fans to promote KYJ. Interestingly, they all tag Park Bo Gum instead of KYJ. The same is happening on weibo and C fans have been very upset. This sort of thing has made KYJ very unpopular with some C fans whose accounts I follow.

I love both PBG and KYJ but what is happening is no one's fault( it is not KYJ fault and there is no reason for her to become unpopular among PBG fans). Since you are aware how PBG was a victim of fans who misunderstood him on KSWiSS stuff, you should know what is happening with KYJ.Fans are fans, many of them have never met any one of these celebrities and they just do things to please their hearts. I bet those who tag both together are not loyal fans, they are shippers who wants to put them together, who like to see them together, without promoting purpose. Let's say American shipper who made a video on YouTube, I doubt he/She is doing it for promoting purpose, rather shipping purpose and you can't avoid this since PBG and KYJ combo is famous this days.( this combo is famous than any combo he has been in) 

It is amaZing how fans May ruin one' s reputation and those celebrities suffer most of the time because fans. KYJ is popular her own way and she is one of the most talented actress out there.

Ps: I love both PBG and KYJ

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

I understood your point that they are from different sources, one by actor and another by one of fans group. 

I explained my views to compare my unsure thoughts from one as unscrupulous marketing and another as media play. 

I posted because I am not sure about their purpose. I have no intention to broadcast. I have already deleted from this forum. 

NO......don't delete! Put it back so that other readers can see and understand what we are talking about. PLEASE, PLEASE put it back on. I always believe in knowing and understanding what's out there so that we learn to discern and be a better judge of what we see and hear. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

I tried to find out more about dingo style: dingspatch but couldn't find more. But one interesting post from a follower of Jay Park noted that dingspatch is like doing a parody of Dispatch. I'm not sure if the celeb on Dingspatch were actually aware of the filming (it looked suspiciously so n they just played along). If indeed so then the end part of the clip could be 'planted' and if really so, that is so unethical of the program.  Such 'plantings' reminded me of that YC incident that dragged Sjk n Pbg names into the mud. Good thing ppl blasted that program for untruth reporting!  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, gissy said:

I love both PBG and KYJ but what is happening is no one's fault( it is not KYJ fault and there is no reason for her to become unpopular among PBG fans). Since you are aware how PBG was a victim of fans who misunderstood him on KSWiSS stuff, you should know what is happening with KYJ.Fans are fans, many of them have never met any one of them and they just do things to please their hearts. I bet those who tag both together are not loyal fans, they are shippers who wants to put them together, who like to see them together, without promoting purpose. Let's say American shipper who made a video on YouTube, I doubt he/She is doing it for promoting purpose, rather shipping purpose and you can't avoid this since PBG and KYJ combo is famous this days.( this combo is famous both than any combo he has been in) 

It is amaZing how fans May ruin one' s reputation and those celebrities suffer most of the time because fans. KYJ is popular her own way and she is one of the most talented actress out there.

Ps: I love both PBG and KYJ

I hope you don't misunderstand. I'm not (disgusted) with KYJ but with these fanatic fans and their actions. Some of them don't even tag KYJ for whatever reason. I am not a shipper fan. And I don't believe in passing negative comments about anybody. And nobody should be made a victim of haters. I believe in the philosophy that if you do not have anything good to say, just keep quiet. Negative thoughts about people should never be shared. 

Haha...PS: I only love PBG. And I appreciate all good actors, regardless of who they are. (By the way, I don't seem to be able to tag you for some reason.)

• Like 9

I understand the two sentiments being expressed in the thread : One is a deep concern that Bogum is not taken advantage of due to his surging popularity and the other one is a request to distinguish the actor/ actress from the unscrupulous behavior of his or her fans. Both are valid concerns that I invite everyone to consider and understand. Learning so much about Bogum the person, I would like to believe that this is how he would behave. ☺Peace, everyone!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, 4evgbogummy said:

NO......don't delete! Put it back so that other readers can see and understand what we are talking about. PLEASE, PLEASE put it back on. I always believe in knowing and understanding what's out there so that we learn to discern and be a better judge of what we see and hear. 

I re-posted back. I wondered so I posted in this forum, not to broadcasting purpose. I tried to understand more from interviews, talk shows, SNS, observations, and interpretations. 

Thank you for your info. 

1 hour ago, gissy said:

I love both PBG and KYJ but what is happening is no one's fault( it is not KYJ fault and there is no reason for her to become unpopular among PBG fans). Since you are aware how PBG was a victim of fans who misunderstood him on KSWiSS stuff, you should know what is happening with KYJ.Fans are fans, many of them have never met any one of them and they just do things to please their hearts. I bet those who tag both together are not loyal fans, they are shippers who wants to put them together, who like to see them together, without promoting purpose. Let's say American shipper who made a video on YouTube, I doubt he/She is doing it for promoting purpose, rather shipping purpose and you can't avoid this since PBG and KYJ combo is famous this days.( this combo is famous both than any combo he has been in) 

I appreciates Park Bo Gum's acting and like himself as a fans after watching Reply1988, Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, and his overall. 

As a fans of Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, I have watched and rewatched TV drama and read Park Bo Gum's, Kim Yoo Jung's and other Casts' and PD's interviews. I appreciated Park Bo Gum's and Kim Yoo Jing's acting and their witty interviews much more from those because each of them is professional in acting, smart in speaking without harming others, mannerly in treating others, proper in study-work-life balance. Kim Yoo Jung is the first actress in Korean Showbiz whom  I appreciates. (I am not one of Kim Yoo Jung's fanclub)

As I mentioned above, I differentiated Actor/Actress from their fans because actor/actress can't pick and choose their fans but fans selects to show support to actor/actress to be called the particular celebrity's fanclub. That's why I am more sensitive with the actor/actress's deed and intention to Park Bo Gum but not much by her/his fanclub which actor/actress can not control. 

• Like 6