Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Just realize that I have overlooked some of your posts.

@sara2908 I don't know if it's a good idea to hold a fan meeting in Shanghai. From what I can see, his fanbase has  increased in numbers and there's no more talk of the KSWISS incident. There are some C fans who worry for him though. 

@Michelle JG It looks like Happy Together will be shown tomorrow. I don't know for sure as I don't follow and am not planning to. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, 4evgbogummy said:

@NongpeeP Oh, the MC in the middle is not the same guy as the MC in the KBS awards? I thought it's the same guy. I may

On 1/11/2559 at 9:48 PM, 4evgbogummy said:

Had my fill of drama watching today. Below translation of video is for your enjoyment. Video has uri Taekie! http://miaopai.com/show/NFxwiTy1Fvvm7Fh3WLImjQ__.htm

Mc1

Recently, this is not just happening in SK, but all over the world, women's hearts have been touched by this man. Do you guys know? Of course, it's our Crown Prince Park Bo Gum. The whole world has been infected with the Bogum sickness. There's none that says he's not good. All are impressed with how good he is, good in all sense of the word.

MC 2 to MC 3

Do you have his phone number?

MC 3

No, I have SJK's

MC 2

He really is very big these days. I have his number. Then he showed a text message sent by Bogummy to him, "Sunbaenim, hope you are well! I'm PBG. Did you arrive home safely yesterday? It's an honor to be able to work with you. And I really thank you for taking care of me."

The other two MCs asked MC 2 when that message was sent and MC 2 said end last year. Laughter... Then he said from the text message, you can see what a fine person he is. Now we present to you the charms of PBG, a good looking flower boy who has attracted people of all age groups. 

Folks, MC2 was the MC at the 2015 KBS awards in Dec 15.

I can't access baidu or or miaopao but I saw from twitter, this MC is the same one as in KBS drama award with Park Bo Gum, he has just got a bit chubby.

be mistaken.

• Like 2

i was wondering if bo gum is still a V (ok people dont be too sensitive). i dont understand enough korean culture  to know what its like there. yoo jung is 17 and still being consider a minor, too young to date. bo gum debut at 17-18, he hasnt dated ever since ( like this interview he was very quickly to say no about gf or suprise when the interviewer asking about a girl in his life. )

im not trying to dig his personal life but its more like the experience and the thought would change the person/acting. as much as i love yoo jung, shes very pretty and cute, but when look at lee young eyes/face expression, you know that all kind of feeling of someone being in love/hurt or so. yoo jung eyes are emotional but blank when  it comes to love. they are super cute together but when it comes to intimate scene, you can see the big different in age and experience in love. but because they are too cute/pretty, and also this is about the first love so light is acceptable.

bo gum has so much fame/busy now. it would be really hard for him to be in relationship. but he can take something from song joong ki book, i didnt follow him much but ever since his running man day i dont think i know any of the girls he dated. (lee kwang soo is rumour to date a lot though but no actually name come out). bo gum is very protective person. i dont think he would dare to start dating because he knows it would hurt the girl a lot (the fan and fame). even with idols, its so hard for them to date, only few of them can date or come out as couple. it feel sad sometimes when i watch interview of some idols in their 20s and say they havent date in few years...

i think bo gum answer about love/gf has more to do with the role he just play. those interviews mostly come right after the drama. either he still in the character or the feeling/memory of the character still inside him so he answered accordingly. take care like mom when still like a friend (duk sun), love at first sight (ra on)..... and we know the type change as age/time 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

CwPM47tVIAAgBMO.jpg

Awww. I don't think he's chubby at all. He looks like a healthy growing boy with some baby fat on him still.

I was aware that his family had financial difficulties, and that he ultimately took those debts on and paid them off. That's amazing. And, for some people who grow up poor, even after they become rich, they tend to use their money considerately and sparingly. It sounds as if PBG is such a person who understands the value of money. Money is necessary to live in modern society, but since it doesn't buy happiness anyway, there is no need to go around spending all the time. Plus, if a friend gives him something, I can see him treasuring it and using it for a long, long time as well, since he seems to have a loyal, sentimental streak in him. 

I love this man. 

You mentioned the points that I am interested, I can feel loyal, sentimental, economical, positively confident while not conceited senses in Park Bo Gum which might be different that some other guys in similar age or even older.  Park Bo Gum could let us appreciate other features, much more than amazing acting skills indeed.:heart:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Wow, that is some compendium. Thanks for that. As you say, hopefully we're all mature and rational here (though I do question my sanity from time to time).

Anyway, it seems PBG already has love in his life from family and friends. If he also has love from a person he's in love with, that's fantastic. If not yet, I hope he is able to find someone that he does fall hard for who also falls only for him. I'm not rabid about following his (or anyone else's) personal life, so don't really read the articles, etc.  I probably have read more about PBG and KYJ by doing translations for this and the MDBC thread than any other actor, singer, or other entertainment celebrity ever. :) Still, this thread seems relaxed and supportive rather than full of saesaeng fans, so it's nice to chat here.

Thanks again. 

For his love life, he could spend his life as he is ready, wish him lucky in everything he chooses. :wub:

30 minutes ago, daynci said:

i was wondering if bo gum is still a V (ok people dont be too sensitive). i dont understand enough korean culture  to know what its like there. yoo jung is 17 and still being consider a minor, too young to date. bo gum debut at 17-18, he hasnt dated ever since ( like this interview he was very quickly to say no about gf or suprise when the interviewer asking about a girl in his life. )

im not trying to dig his personal life but its more like the experience and the thought would change the person/acting. as much as i love yoo jung, shes very pretty and cute, but when look at lee young eyes/face expression, you know that all kind of feeling of someone being in love/hurt or so. yoo jung eyes are emotional but blank when  it comes to love. they are super cute together but when it comes to intimate scene, you can see the big different in age and experience in love. but because they are too cute/pretty, and also this is about the first love so light is acceptable.

bo gum has so much fame/busy now. it would be really hard for him to be in relationship. but he can take something from song joong ki book, i didnt follow him much but ever since his running man day i dont think i know any of the girls he dated. (lee kwang soo is rumour to date a lot though but no actually name come out). bo gum is very protective person. i dont think he would dare to start dating because he knows it would hurt the girl a lot (the fan and fame). even with idols, its so hard for them to date, only few of them can date or come out as couple. it feel sad sometimes when i watch interview of some idols in their 20s and say they havent date in few years...

i think bo gum answer about love/gf has more to do with the role he just play. those interviews mostly come right after the drama. either he still in the character or the feeling/memory of the character still inside him so he answered accordingly. take care like mom when still like a friend (duk sun), love at first sight (ra on)..... and we know the type change as age/time 

I agreed with actors' agency (including Blossom) which let actors/actresses live their lives as natural human beings (who have love, life, family, friends, hang out, open visions in the wide world) would enhance acting skills in roles, much rather than keeping in the ideal world with boy group/girl group without dating and mingling as actor/singer idols in some agencies. 

• Like 4

Since we know Bo Gum  isn't brooding type and  is private person  as long as his agency supportive of him  I don't think he will be too careless or too passive about his love life So it would be my last concern about him lol he will do just fine on his own. as fans all we need to do is  , avoid feeding rumors and give support when the big day comes :D 

As for interviews there is no difference with  him wanting to cry more  when Byeong Yeon (almost) dies and wanting to be affectionate with Ra On. It means he isn't only acting with his head and calculations but he is also acting with his heart which is why he was able to move many of us. I don't see anything confusing about it but everyone has their own opinions of course.  

@NongpeeP We shouldn't quote images and long posts better be under spoiler  ^^ 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

@NongpeeP We shouldn't quote images and long posts better be under spoiler  ^^ 

So should I let images or long posts be in general post, not under spoiler? Could you please explain the reason a little bit? I saw forum's rule but I am not sure why and I am considering whether long comments/images are fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

So should I let images or long posts be in general post, not under spoiler? Could you please explain the reason a little bit? I saw forum's rule but I am not sure why and I am considering whether long comments/images are fine.

As far as I know images and gifs should be deleted or separated from quote and too long posts shouldn't be quoted or put under spoiler if needed since it hinders to upload page

• Like 2

am so looking forward to Happy Together Moonlight ep, cos i am a *whisper* (closet) Team One Heart. :P no, am seriously missing the cast.

guys thanks for all the interviews and pics.

as for AAA, lets do our best to vote. for me, gonna buy the points.

• Like 5

I have been busy and not been able to keep up with all of the IVs and this thread but one thing bogum said that caught my eye was this:

While filming, you don't see scripts, you hear real voices, envision real expressions and eye contact

Now, his answer reminded me of the fundamentals of the Meisner acting technique (it is not same as method acting, but from my memory, Sandford Meisner was trained in method acting first before creating this technique)

now some quotes explaining Meisner Technique:

Sanford Meisner said that his approach to training “is based on bringing the actor back to his emotional impulses and to acting that is firmly rooted in the instinctive. It is based on the fact that all good acting comes from the heart, as it were, and that there’s no mentality to it.”

Learn to live in the moment as an actor, and let go of any idea of result.  Learn what it means to really “do” and to respond truthfully to a given moment based on what you get from your partner.  Through improvisation, emotional truth and personal response learn to resonate authenticity within a given circumstance. Only in this way will you begin to understand the definition of real acting, which is “to live truthfully under the imaginary circumstances”.

"acting truthfully under imaginary  circumstances" teaches you  to focus an intention, and then the world comes back to meet you  with your expectations.

Now, there are very few, almost none, that use this technique from my experiences observing kdramas, and even bogum failed to meet the criteria at first, however, in nodame I could see he had the potential! (yes, in my opinion some actors do not have the potential no matter how much they train to evoke the essence of this technique, honestly like other skills some just don't have it ). Now I won't share my own personal moment when I realised bogum had mastered this technique (if you think he hasn't please ignore my post and move along) But I was wondering for those that agree, what scene(s) would be the moment for you?

Sidenote: I personally see the value in method acting, but find it elementary and it made sense why Meisner built his style off of it. Method actors can really be fully invested in the emotions of their character but they fail in a critical piece that Meisner highlights, the receptivity of the other players/actors! Hence method actors make me as a viewer feel a lot of emotions for THEM but not for how the interact with others. It is as if they are still stuck in the part of "self" and not expanded to understand the collective. So I would not like to limit Bogum's acting to just "method" cause I believe he as moved beyond that.

• Like 11

Thank you for the write-up @mangachickava

Lee Strasberg said, "Actors make use of experiences from their own lives to bring them closer to the experience of their characters". That is to say, without faking or forcing, actors are allowed those sensations in them to stimulate a response in their acting and not to inhibit themselves. 

There are also some parts in MDBC that PBG showed it. i was especially moved by the scene between the king and the CP, where the CP said, all he needs is a father to be by his side (that should be EP 3 i guess). 

with each passing role, PBG has been able to challenge himself and I'm proud to see that. Can't wait for his school role & maybe after that, he could play a villain again.

• Like 10

News on Bogum's Asia Tour Fan Meeting

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20161102/81138125/3

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110528988

Kuala Lumpur will be the first destination

Next Hong Kong, Jakarta, Taipei, Tokyo, Bangkok, Singapore , Seoul and also parts of China

The detailed schedule will be announced through official Blossom website and SNS

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, sara2908 said:

News on Bogum's Asia Tour Fan Meeting

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20161102/81138125/3

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110528988

Kuala Lumpur will be the first destination

Next Hong Kong, Jakarta, Taipei, Tokyo, Bangkok, Singapore , Seoul and also parts of China

The detailed schedule will be announced through official Blossom website and SNS

I read the news too!!!!!! Wanted to come and share but you are faster!!!!

@mai5116  he will come to KL !!!!!!Are you ready ???? Let's go!!!! I am to happy to know this!!!! Oh my god!!!!

Asia fans, are you ready???!!!!!

• Like 9