Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Park Bo-gum basks in the ‘Moonlight’ : After massive success of KBS period drama, the actor looks forward

Oct 31,2016

CwDJsIXUEAAkB_Q.jpg

Park Bo-gum recently wrapped up the immensely popular historical series “Love in the Moonlight.” After taking part in the KBS drama and becoming one of the most sought-after actors in the entertainment industry, the actor is weighing his options for what to do next. [KWON HYUK-JAE]

Five years after his debut, actor Park Bo-gum has truly become a star. The 23-year-old grabbed people’s attention through tvN’s popular drama “Reply 1988” (2015-16). Although he wasn’t a lead character in the series, Park earned the opportunity to play the protagonist in his next role on the KBS drama “Love in the Moonlight.”

Co-starring actress Kim You-jung as his love interest, Park played Crown Prince Hyomyeong of Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) in his first historical drama, which wrapped up in mid-October. The series was a hit, recording a viewership rating that topped 20 percent, according to market research firm Nielson Korea.

Park sat with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, to discuss the success of “Love in the Moonlight” and the future of his career.

The following are edited excerpts from the interview.

Q. “Love in the Moonlight” was a huge success. How do you feel and what do you think of the series?

A. I didn’t expect and couldn’t even imagine that the drama’s viewership would exceed 20 percent. I hope that people think of the drama when they look at the moon. And I personally believe that every moment was pretty enough to be used as a photo shoot for hanbok (traditional Korean clothing).

Is there anything you learned from playing a prince?

Playing a prince was very lonely and required lots of responsibility. I had to both protect my family and also handle the relationship with my character’s father. Every character in the drama fights for their own interest, and this actually made me feel very lonely while acting. But I also learned how to show diverse aspects of myself thanks to the director and the drama writer.

I at first had no confidence. The more scripts I read, the lower my confidence became. After seeing how immersed You-jung was in her role while rehearsing, however, I thought that it would be a problem if I did not match her level. After that, I practiced and practiced.

How was working with your fellow actors and actresses?

I am thankful to every one of them. When I was the only celebrity to be cast for the drama at first, I felt the pressure. However, as other actors and actresses started to join, I was relieved. We were all able to work well together.

Did you get advice from anyone at your entertainment agency regarding being in a period drama?

Veteran actor Cha Tae-hyun appeared in the first episode as a cameo. And another senior actor Lim Ju-hwan also taught me which details I should be aware of while acting and taking part in a historical drama such as the attitude I should have and how to wear a topknot. When I wasn’t sure of my acting in the beginning, I prayed a lot. 

But more importantly, I sought for advice from Song Joong-ki. He supported me and told me to believe in myself, which was very encouraging.

What does it feel like having sung on one of the background tracks of the drama?

I’m still amazed by it. When I type in my name, I see the album with the cover art and I completely love it. I have long been wishing to do this, and I achieved that wish.

I dreamed of becoming a singer and even took part in several auditions. Many people believe that I trained to be a singer. But I want to clarify that I did not.

Is there any specific drama genre you would like to do for your next project?

I want to have a go at a youth drama. Since I already wore a beautiful hanbok [for the last series], I want to wear a school uniform before it’s too late. Also, since I sang for this drama, I also want to take part in a music drama. I’m interested because there isn’t a well-known music drama in Korea.

Do you have a role model or a particular actor you want to work with?

I have never picked out a role model. I believe that every co-star becomes my role model in each project. In fact, my goal this year is to hear someone say “I want to work with Park Bo-gum.” 

For me, the opportunity to work with any actor or actress would be fine. There is no reason for me to decline.

BY CHO YEON-GYEONG [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3025547

• Like 12

More updates interview from https://parisonheavens.wordpress.com/

https://parisonheavens.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/interview-park-bo-gum-i-realize-my-heightened-popularity-it-gives-me-strength-and-i-am-also-afraid/

[Interview] Park Bo Gum “I realize my heightened popularity, it gives me strength and I am also afraid”

tumblr_ofv8m4lTgq1qaf5qqo1_1280.jpg

Starting from a supporting role in the movie ‘Blind’ in 2011 to drama ‘Reply 1988’ which was broadcast last year and drama ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ which recently concluded, Park Bo Gum has rose to stardom.

From his first project ‘Blind’ to his latest project ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, he has acted in supporting roles to lead roles in various projects, and was the MC on KBS2 ‘Music Bank’, accumulating diverse experience from the activities he did. Meanwhile, Park Bo Gum’s popularity has been expanding step by step, he became a star whose name was known not just domestically, but also overseas.

Park Bo Gum’s popularity can be felt everywhere nowadays. During his recent incentive trip to Cebu, Philippines, he realized how popular he has become. It was held at a holiday destination, a place to enjoy and have a good rest but there was a joke that it changed from a holiday at the ‘seaside’ to one that was ‘in the sea’.

“After the finale, I thought I could have a rest during the vacation. But it was hard to even relax there. I could only rest above the sea or in the sea. Haha. I have not done any activities there before. It seems like they saw (the drama) through the channel KBS World.”

Even so, he does not feel burdened by his popularity. He said “The support from fans has always given me strength when I work”. He was thankful and happy. It was surprising to know that so many people liked him, and provides the strength and driving force for him to work harder.

“Surprisingly the people who like me have diverse ages. Thanks to these fans I have the strength to work. It is surprising, and I am thankful. But now I am a little afraid. It is difficult. There weren’t as many fans before compared to now. I could greet every person one by one, remember their names and had opportunities to communicate with them, but now it is difficult.”

It is not that he is afraid of the fans’ love, but he thinks it is difficult to find a correct way to treat fans. The fans will cheer because of his every move, but the people around him will be hurt as a result. He is now in a position where he has to think of/consider many factors.

tumblr_ofv8m4lTgq1qaf5qqo2_1280.jpg

“Recently I have felt this way at the Gyeongbokgung fansign and in Cebu. If I reach out my hand to greet (someone), it would disrupt the orderliness (of things). I really want to greet many fans but I have to be careful. In the past if someone said ‘Please look behind you’ I would turn back, but now it is difficult to do that. I don’t think it is easy to earn the love of fans, and I have not changed. I have not forgotten that love, I just have a lot of thoughts lately.”

In reality, there were dozens of fans gathered at the interview venue. The interview took place inside a coffee shop, the curtains and windows were closed so there was no chance to meet Park Bo Gum, or even greet him. It was to the extent that if (fans) were lucky, they could only see Park Bo Gum once in awhile when he came outside for a photo shoot.

“Now this place is where I work at. It is the place where reporters interview me and where I share my thoughts on wrapping up the drama. The same applies at the filming set. Initially I was happy when fans came to visit, but as time passed it became difficult. It was to the extent that I could not concentrate while acting. It was a little hard. I had thoughts that would seriously make people think differently.”

He really is a nice person. Before the interview started, he said “I originally speak very fast, and today I have many stories to share so I will go a little faster” and politely asked for our understanding. By the end of the interview, we saw that his face turned red from speaking too fast.

His heart in thinking of the fans is also the same. He is unable to greet only one fan, yet he is also unable to greet all the fans. It is not that he is forgetting fans’ love, not only the fans, but he also does not want to hurt other people. It seems like (Park Bo Gum) thinking of others first often causes him to feel frustrated.

tumblr_ofv8m4lTgq1qaf5qqo3_1280.jpg

“To be honest, I don’t feel burdened. I don’t think I can maintain the stress of being so popular, and in future it may not be the same. I used to think ‘showing my good side to others’ will be a burden. But it is not the case. Stress can be shared with my family by telling them stories, and eating delicious food while doing so relieves it. Running away? Recently in Cebu, Kwak Dong Yeon and I left the guide and went to eat local food. It was really fun.”

Source: SPOTV STAR

• Like 14

Eric Nam, Sooyoung, And Park Bo Gum Shine Brighter Than Iconic L.A. Background In Photo Together

Eric Nam Sooyoung Park Bo GumTwe

When in Los Angeles, California, it’s almost impossible to leave without taking a picture at the “Urban Light” installation in front of the entrance to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

On October 30 local time, Eric Nam posted a photo taken with none other than Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung and Park Bo Gum at this very location on his Instagram. All three stars look spiffy dressed in classic, formal clothing as they each sport a different expression for the camera.

He adds an amusing caption that says, “I am a s[quid],” inferring that he thinks his looks can’t stand up to those of the idol and the actor.

Fans disagree of course, and leave encouraging as well as humorous comments such as, “You’re not a squid,” “Wow, what is going on?,” “They look so friendly with each other,” and best of all, “Eric Nam, your face has gotten red [from being next to Sooyoung].”

It’s so nice to see actors and singers alike together in one photo!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/30/eric-nam-sooyoung-park-bo-gum-shine-brighter-iconic-l-background-photo-together/

• Like 10

[Interview] Park Bo Gum is still Park Bo Gum

A lot has changed. The phrase ‘Bogum Magic’ blossomed, more and more people recognize him. But even so Park Bo Gum, is still Park Bo Gum.

These days, is there any other star who is ‘hotter’ than Park Bo Gum? While conducting Park Bo Gum’s interview after the finale of ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ in a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, many of his fans crowded around. Even so, when we met Park Bo Gum, he still greeted us brightly and repeatedly said ‘thank you’ throughout the interview.

And he was serious. The real side of Park Bo Gum who has appeared on various variety programs, is one that is nice and upright. With regards to that image, some may question whether this ‘kind frame’ is merely an act. Park Bo Gum answered, “Even if there is such a frame, there is nothing bad about it”.

tumblr_ofustwHBRW1qaf5qqo1_540.jpg

▲ “Responsibility towards ‘Moonlight’? Will think of Shin Won Ho PD’s words.”

In January this year, Park Bo Gum acted in tvN ‘Reply 1988’ (hereinafter called R8) as Baduk player Choi Taek and became popular. This major project was what made his name spread around extensively. Just like when the rest of the ‘Reply’ series ended, there were expectations for Park Bo Gum’s next project. It is true that many had thoughts of ‘let’s see how he acts in the next one’.

“I was the first to be confirmed amongst the casting for ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’. When I first saw the script, I had thoughts of doing it well. But Yoo Jung, Jin Young and many other seniors were cast after that, so I was worried whether I could shoot well alongside so many outstanding seniors. I felt a sense of responsibility, and my shoulder felt heavy. My family, company said to me ‘You are not the only person leading the team, but rather every single person has to work together and cooperate. Do not feel burdened by having to do something’.”

“On the eve of the first broadcast of ‘R8’, Director Shin Won Ho said to me ‘This project may work out (be successful), but it may also not work out, so do not be too upset about it. Everyone is a main character. Do not feel too burdened.’ Thinking of this, rather than thinking ‘I am not responsible’, since all the people are working hard together, I think I should do the best that I can.”

tumblr_ofustwHBRW1qaf5qqo2_1280.jpg

▲ “Boombastic dance, I practiced at home in front of a mirror.”

Before the broadcast of ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’, a video of Park Bo Gum dancing to Boombastic was released. He wore his Crown Prince robes and danced innocently. He perfectly transformed into a ‘joyful rich person’ and added the finishing touch for the drama’s publicity.

“It required a lot of practice. I practiced at home in front of a mirror. I became even bolder and confident as a result. I have the confidence that even when I stand on stage to dance, it will turn out well. (Laughs)”

In the beginning of the show, Crown Prince Lee Yeong was shown to be reckless and mean. But as it progresses, his inner maturity unfolds. Is there any similarity between Lee Yeong who is like that and Park Bo Gum?

“I think we are similar in being ‘outwardly soft and inwardly hard’. The character Lee Yeong is soft on the outside, in the drama he appears to be weak, but he is strong and hard on the inside. I also look like this on the outside but I have strong manliness on the inside….”

As Park Bo Gum speaks of his ‘manliness’, he clenched his fists tightly.

“But I am not so mean, nor am I a punk/ruffian.”

tumblr_ofustwHBRW1qaf5qqo3_1280.jpg

▲ Huh? I marked that down….”

Park Bo Gum often showed tears in ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’. On the other hand, there are also scenes where he is not supposed to tear up and yet unknowingly did so. When Park Bo Gum was asked whether there was such a scene, he seemed to panic. “I marked that down…. Can you let me check it?” He had already prepared for the interview but suddenly forgot. He hurriedly sent an SOS to his company staff.

“Oh, its Episode 8. In Episode 8, after being appointed as regent, the scene where Eunuch Jang (Lee Jun Hyeok) helps me to wear my clothes and said ‘No matter what work there is, you will do well’. I can feel that Eunuch Jang really loved and cherished me. And in the last episode when I put on the King’s robes. At that time, Eunuch Jang had the line ‘All rise for His Majesty’. Hearing that made me think of the difficulties in shaping Lee Yeong’s character, and the adversity he has had to suffer. Senior Lee Jun Hyeok also felt sad looking at me. At that time, every step felt heavy while walking. It really felt like it was the last episode.”

The scene where he cried the most was when he went to meet Suk-ui (Jeon Mi Seon). Suk-ui’s line ‘What if I am not recovering because I want to see you every day’ struck a chord in him. At that time (only a close-up of Suk-ui was required), Park Bo Gum’s face did not appear on camera, but Jeon Mi Seon’s tears and the emotions conveyed in her lines made his tears pour down as well.

tumblr_ofustwHBRW1qaf5qqo4_1280.jpg

▲ Kim Yoo Jung, Jin Young, Kwak Dong Yeon that Park Bo Gum met

‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ comprise of leads Park Bo Gum, B1A4 Jin Young, Kwak Dong Yeon, etc. Because they are all similar in age, they can communicate well and the filming set will be very lively.

“(Kim) Yoo Jung is a friend who knows a lot about sageuks, she is also my senior in terms of acting experience. Actually in the beginning, it was awkward. She did not call me Oppa but rather called me ‘Park Bo Gum-nim’, she did that.”

The name ‘Park Bo Gum-nim’ incited laughter from the journalists, but Park Bo Gum was serious. He continued to talk seriously about Jin Young.

“Because I wanted to write lyrics and compose well, so I asked him directly for help on set. One should say that Jin Young hyung is really talented…. Even though he is not known for playing musical instruments, but he is really good at composing, so I think he is an excellent singer and actor. If there is an opportunity for me in future, I also want to compose my own song and show it to everyone as a gift”.

‘Byung Yeon’ was a widely discussed topic. The bromance between Kim Byung Yeon (Kwak Dong Yeon) and Lee Yeong also received a lot of support alongside his romance with Hong Ra On (Kim Yoo Jung). Park Bo Gum cited actor Kwak Dong Yeon as the person he wanted a bromance with.

“I want to meet Dong Yeon again. In ‘Moonlight’ there are originally many more scenes where I have a friendship repertoire with Byung Yeon, but due to time constraints, they were in a hurry so…. At the location of the trial, when Byung Yeon drops his sword and gets hit, ‘If I had just one person in this world that I could trust, it would still be you’ after saying this I felt very sad. I felt Dong Yeon’s expression in his eyes and energy well. When we next meet, I hope we are equals and have a relationship as precious friends.”

tumblr_ofustwHBRW1qaf5qqo5_1280.jpg

▲ “Want to become an actor that staff want to work together with again.”

‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ had the best ratings of 23.3% and concluded being the Monday-Tuesday drama in 1st place. Due to it being highly popular, expectations are high for the year-end Drama Awards. Some say that Park Bo Gum may even be in running for the Daesang. But Park Bo Gum gestured (no) with his hands.

“It is not (at the stage for) the Daesang yet. Two years ago, I attended the awards ceremony for the first time. If I attend the awards ceremony this year, I will be able to meet the ‘Moonlight’ family after a long while and so I will feel happy, it would be good to finish the year with warm feelings. I still don’t have any greed/ambition to win an award. Even if I don’t win an award, I will still attend the awards ceremony.”

“I want to become an actor whom staff want to work with together again. The ‘Moonlight’ filming site was warm and happy. Everyone treated me warmly and took care of me, that I wondered whether it was good to receive so much attention. It has always been my dream to become an actor who has a positive influence on other people.”

Park Bo Gum also said that he has been reading comments on his fan cafe during his spare time and tries his best to communicate with fans. He didn’t have a lot of time while shooting ‘Moonlight’, but while taking a rest till the end of the year he hinted at plans to meet with fans. A fan meeting venue is in the process of being coordinated.

From ‘R8’ to his fan meetings, 24 year old Park Bo Gum has had a more fulfilling year than anyone. What will he be like when he is 25? Let us imagine his growth when we next meet him.

Source: news1

https://parisonheavens.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/interview-park-bo-gum-is-still-park-bo-gum/

• Like 10

Kim Seung Soo : “Park Bo Gum apologized for not be able to attend the reward trip together…”

Actor Kim Seung Soo (played Yeong’s father) mentioned Park Bo Gum in a recent interview on October 28th.

After Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, Actor Kim Seung Soo has to film for a KBS2’s weekend drama “First Love Again” so he couldn’t join the Moonlight cast in the trip to Cebu. He stated: “Every time Bo Gum and I had to pull an all-nighter in order to accelerate the filming, Bo Gum always said to travel together after the filming ends. He contacted me afterwards to apologize for not be able to go to Cebu together, that only he got to enjoy the trip. He also told me to take care of myself in order to finish the filming smoothly. He worries about me a lot.”

On the other hand, “First Love Again” focuses on the love story and the reunion of a man and a woman after 8 years of separation. The drama, with the participation of Myung Se Bin, Kim Seung Soo, Park Jung Chul and Wang Bit Na, is scheduled to broadcast next month.

Source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0002361186

• Like 12