Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

What Gong Yoo said is absolutely true. :wub:

I don' t really care about getting older now.You can't go against it, can you? You have to accept it.You may miss your youth when you get older, but you don't have much trouble at the moment. But there's something different. In the past, when seniors talked about youth, I didn't understand the phrase, "You're pretty no matter what you do." But not too long ago, I saw Park Bo-gum and Su-ji shooting on the set of "Wonderland" and I knew what that meant. They didn't do anything special, but the freshness of youth was really pretty.(Laughter)" - Gong Yoo

The freshness of youth is like sunrise; like a new beginning. With Gong Yoo's statement about Bogum and Suzy I get more excited for the upcoming movie. I hope the pairing of Bogum and Suzy will be accepted by the fans heartily and that they will exceed expectations of fans/viewers. I am also delighted that this movie will be on Netflix. God bless our Bogummy. God bless Wonderland movie. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The number is keep moving up, so exciting.

While washing the dishes this evening, I thought, how smart Park Bo Gum is.

Even it is natural for him to have a contact with Gong Yoo and the PD, I really love the way he 'delivered' his message to his fans.

He told us that he is nervous, too.

He told us that he watched it, too.

Indeed a precious Gum.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

This is worth sharing from Gong Yoo's interview.

"Seobok realizes the special ability of a cloned human, but I think Kiheon just saw him as a child to protect. Hearing how Seobok has lived since then leads to compassion.

In addition, the times with Seobok gave Kiheon fear of death. I think it was the process of taking it off, so I think Kiheon's mind toward Seobok at the end of the movie became a little easier."

Kiheon is living a life of regret through a moment's wrong judgment, but cannot let go of his life. How did Gong Yoo interpreted the reason Kiheon was obsessed with life?

"I want to know who can be brave in the face of death. We are all finite beings. Fear in front of death is the weakness of human beings and human instinct. So I thought that life was a punishment, but I thought that I was trying to keep on living."

The movie asks about life and death from start to finish. Whether it is a blessing to live forever, the value of life falling at the same time as obtaining eternal life, etc., through the mouths of actors, we constantly convey.

From the standpoint of acting, I asked Gong Yoo about the most memorable line he remembered: "At the seaside, the line that Seobok asked, 'Is Min Ki-heon a person worth saving? 'It was like asking if the weak human being is worth saving by God."  - this is exactly my thought after I watched the movie. I am glad that we have the same thoughts. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/119/0002485653

• Like 4

On 4/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, gumtaek said:

On 4/18/2021 at 4:30 AM, BogumNoona said:

FanArts

IMG-20210418-052540.jpg
IMG-20210418-052551.jpg
Screenshot-2021-0418-052520.jpg

credit: logos

Bogummy noonas and chingudeul Happy Sunday! I finished watching Seobok. Thank you for all the reviews and reactions. I like to read the different reactions. Although I read different reviews from web, positive and some negative, what I'm thankful for is that the opening day of the movie happened already. It is like a fish bone stuck in my throat. I am relieved that this happened already  and the movie has positive numbers of movie goers. Thankful also that it revives the cinema as I read @gumtaek's post. The new coined term 'Seobok Effect' is really a sweet music to my ears. For sure they derived it from 'Park Bogum Effect'. I hope the success will continue because this film deserves the best with all the hardworks of the cast and production staff.  Fighting Seobok. 

Now, we will wait for Wonderland. I am also super excited with Wonderland. This has a different genre from Seobok although there is a description of scifi but more of the deepness of  everlasting love. I'm excited for Bogum and Suzy pairing especially the acting they will do in big screen and their chemistry. 

Truly even our baby Bogum is in the military he is still a hot topic. He knew and planned all these. Thank God for the wisdom he has given Bogum. God bless.

Woooowww...that's a beautiful artwork. It will be even more beautiful as a poster  :please:

Edited by BulmaGoku
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

From the standpoint of acting, I asked Gong Yoo about the most memorable line he remembered: "At the seaside, the line that Seobok asked, 'Is Min Ki-heon a person worth saving? 

This scene always give me a shock inside, like the question were asked to myself as the viewer.

Made me think, is the life i have been living, something meaningful? Am I a good person, worth to be saved? 

10 minutes ago, AnimusSunrays said:

Is he for real ? or an angel in disguise ?

Ummmm....

Both may be? ^^

If you are really curious, I suggest you to read this thread from the beginning ^^

It will make you love him more :D

:cries3:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, U-Çan said:

This scene always give me a shock inside, like the question were asked to myself as the viewer.

Made me think, is the life i have been living, something meaningful? Am I a good person, worth to be saved? 

Ummmm....

Both may be? ^^

If you are really curious, I suggest you to read this thread from the beginning ^^

It will make you love him more :D

What I like about Seobok is that he is also a curious being. He reminds me of Ex-Machina played by Alicia Vikander. While Ex-Machina is treated like AI, a real robot with human inteligent, Seobok is treated more like full fledged human  who questioning his origin as well as his "function" in the world (which many of scientists in the field are still debating IF really one day technology could really make a cloning). While Ex-Machina wants to overpower her creator (as well as human) Seobok wants to adapt and he wants to understand his purpose in human environtment. His brief encounter with Ki-Hun (GY) makes him realized, that he is just a tool for human greed specially when he saw what others did to his mother. So, although it is tragic, the ending is really make sense to me.

But I think if they could really make mass production of Seobok, I would like to have one as well hahahahaha ---> example of human greed 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 2

7 hours ago, AnimusSunrays said:

Wowwww... I have no idea that Park Bo Gum is THAT FAMOUS. I've only watched Reply 1988 recently and I was captivated by his performance. I thought he was a newbie. I always watch Korean Movie but rarely watch Kdrama. Only after watching Seobok that  I started to find information about Bogum's achievements. He is soooooo perfect. Is he for real ? or an angel in disguise ?

Spoiler

Yes chingu He is really FAMOUS. If a reporter wants his article to be read on Naver he needs to include PBG's name even it is just a clickbait and nothing connection with Bogum. The Korea celebrity industry accepted this popular status of Bogummy. While he has this status. He is always humble and kind. He always thinks of his fans well being. He doesn't want to accept gifts from fans instead just use the money for themselves. His fans love and support him so much.

The words perfect and angel in disguise are some of Bogum's modifiers. If you have the chance to read articles about him you will able to know him better and you will love him more. He is always a HOT TOPIC. The products he is endorsing is selling like a hot potatoes. The business people love him. His projects have always good results. That's why the "Park Bo Gum Effect" title came out. Because if it's endorsed by Bogum the sales are always sure. In reality he himself has his own market (his fans all over the world).

If CJ ENM will do a project like that. Like Blu-ray or something that fans can keep as a souvenir with Bogum and Gong Yoo message, I would be happy to join it. Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, AnimusSunrays said:

How can we not moved by this kid

That innocent look, along with his innocent questions

Spoiler

Yes yes yes I was also moved by his pureness and innocence. The way he did his acting while not showing too much facial reaction is just so hard. I just can't believe he is a 27 yrs old man with a face of 10-15 yrs old teenager. 

That particular scene got me in tears. Seobok didn't have a choice about his life. He couldn't become something what he really wanted for himself because he was only created to lengthen the lives of others. What a poor soul that's why for me he better be dead. in the end. 

These people watched Seobok. CJENM posted on their IG stories. 

IMG-20210419-002215.jpg
IMG-20210419-002227.jpg
IMG-20210419-002239.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20210419-002123.jpg
IMG-20210419-002139.jpg
IMG-20210419-002157.jpg

cr:CJENM IG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

That innocent look, along with his innocent questions. :crybaby:

Spoiler

I am sorry dear, is this a picture you screencaps from official ads and vid or from an OTT?

If it from official vid then it is okay, but if it from OTT, then it might not best choice to put it here.

I got so many picture on twitter so I got confused which one from cjen or vivamax and which one is not.

I love your observation ^^

Seems like you watched a lot of movie.

Welcome to Bogum's world!

• Like 2

I would like to ask the following question? 

Would anyone have any idea regarding the cost buying a foreign film for release in their

respective countries? Seobok was bought by 56 countries (Europe and Asia). 

What about an OTT buying the airing rights of a film?

Articles say Seobok needs a 3 Million Viewer-Break Even Point but this is not possible given the Social Distancing Level restrictions for theaters. But given the 2 moves mentioned above, will it safe to assume that the film not only covered production cost but earned profits?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

I just can't believe he is a 27 yrs old man with a face of 10-15 yrs old teenager. 

I watched Seobok with two friends who doesn't know anything about Korean Cinema or K drama. They thought PGB is 18 years old maximum

46 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Would anyone have any idea regarding the cost buying a foreign film for release in their

respective countries? Seobok was bought by 56 countries (Europe and Asia). 

In my country, it is only released for 3 days, from 15 to 18 April. It is part of film festival. We are lucky for that. But I don't know when it will released in local theater here 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

38 minutes ago, AnimusSunrays said:

In my country, it is only released for 3 days, from 15 to 18 April. It is part of film festival. We are lucky for that. But I don't know when it will released in local theater here 

Oh, wow, where do you live?

I hope you can see him again on cinema soon

• Like 1

EVENT Alert!: Game: Guess the drama Part 2

chingus, the gossip lovers EO are back with another set of blinds based on the juiciest gossips we heard from the Kdrama world. Let's see if you can guess the dramas based on blinds 

:hooray:

Your friendly neighborhood and resident Event Organizers,

@Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

--- 

• Like 1