Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

thanks for sharing@gumtaek. Sam Oh hosted the Good Day press con for less than 15 minutes but Bo Gum was able to leave her a wonderful memory in that short span of time.  he really is an amazing person!
             here's the video of the press con, at 12:20 is Bo Gum's gesture that Sam Oh really appreciated.   

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Ms. Sam Oh's statements make us again to swoon to Bogum. :wub:

@Rom828 i would love for him to take the role of Song Kang as Cha Hyun Soo in the drama Sweet Home. That is an amazing and challenging role. 

Yi Bang Won of Six Flying Dragon. Yoo Ah In's role in this drama is outstanding. Lee Dae Gil of Chuno/Slave Hunters. Jang Hyuk got his KBS grand prize from this drama. 

For a romantic comedy is Jang Jae Yeol of It's Okay, That's Love. Taking a role of a writer is somewhat interesting. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 9:36 PM, Sakurafairy said:

It is WHITE DAY in Korea and as usual Bogummy is again included in the recent poll about it. Being in the military service doesn't stop fans to choose him. Yay! :wub:

'White Day' on March 14th is a day to confess love by presenting gifts to a person you like or has a special spot in your heart. 

From February 15 to March 10, Seven Edu, an internet math education company in elementary, middle and high school, conducted a poll of 9,777 people. 

Park Bo Gum ranked third in the conducted poll with 15.3% of the total votes (1,491 people).

@Sakurafairy, thanks for sharing this.  Yes, White Day" is celebrated annually on March 14th. This is a day opposite to Valentine’s Day. That's when it's payback time. Men who received chocolates from their love partners on Valentines Day usually pay them back on White Day with candy instead of chocolates. . Japan, Taiwan and China also celebrate this… I read that “White Day” was started by the Japanese confectionery industry association. Every year, it seems, there are people in the media who bash it as one of the most overly commercialized commemorative days in Korea. “White Day” may have been predestined to be commercialized to some extent. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/8/2021 at 10:27 AM, Rom828 said:
            happy Monday chinggus! found this article while looking for something to post here . a bit long but it's worth the read. enjoy! :glee:

Park Bo-gum (The Prince of ‘Love in the Moonlight’) // Review

There are actors who build up a grand body of work and you cannot help but acknowledge their brilliance. There are others who make an immediate impression with their powerful good looks and manage to hold the interest with competent performances. And then, there are those rare actors who surreptitiously grow on you and steal your heart, without you even realising it full well. Ever since, I watched Park Bo-gum play the Josean prince, Lee Yeong, in the well-crafted, romantic/ action drama, Love in the Moonlight… I have been mulling about that last category.

How did a fresh-faced, disdainful, even delinquent lad transform into a magnificent, heroic figure so seamlessly ? How did a wayward, boyish prince don the mantle of a regal king, in such an easy, flawless manner? When did the transition actually happen? When did the charm catch me so unawares that I found myself totally mesmerised by Prince Lee Yeong?

As much as I appreciated the story, lavish production, music and, the excellent performances in Love in the Moonlight, I kept waiting for that one face who would light up the screen, with blinding brilliance, each time he appeared. Park Bo-gum just shines and dazzles as Lee Yeong. He inhabits and animates the character of the prince with utter, consummate perfection.

Is there any another actor who has eyes that twinkle more? Bo-gum‘s black, black eyes simply gleam with an inner radiance. When he smiles, his eyes beam and glitter… as if illuminated by a secret flame. He holds unshed tears in them or anger that is masterfully controlled. He can convey hurt, vulnerability, tenderness… as well as strength, determination, passion just by a subtle motion, an artful flicker or an impish gleam. It helps that the young actor has a smile that is equally dazzling and can launch quite a few thousand ships.

There is handsomeness and talent aplenty on Korean screens, men who look elegant and stylish and ooze gorgeousness, men who are lean, mean and can flaunt their fighting skills with stunning dexterity and, men who act and express excellently. Lee Min-ho, Gong Yoo, Ji- Chang-wook, Oh Ji-ho, Jo In-Sung etc. are some of the celebrated actors, who come immediately to mind. Bo-gum, by comparison, may not be the one who strikes at once, when he appears on screen… but his stature keeps growing, inch by uncanny inch, till he seems to tower fantastically and, you begin to fiercely and passionately root for him.

There is a scene in Love in the Moonlight, where the young prince kneels before the king and the royal court, almost hugging the ground, weeping and, confessing his weakness and flaws… questioning his own ability to shoulder royal responsibilities… and then, very subtly… his posture straightens, his face hardens and, his eyes acquire a deep confidence. Lee Yeong smiles to himself and states simply and clearly that despite all that, he sees no reason why he should not be crowned the king. It is an impressive scene… that reveals the hidden strengths of a prince who is surrounded by foes and must play his hand right in order to triumph. The scene also shows a glimpse of Park Bo-gum‘s chameleon acting abilities, his power to transform without one superficial gesture.

My exposure to Korean cinema may be limited but after watching this young actor, I have a feeling that Park Bo-gum may have one of the most emotive faces that I have ever seen. His appearance is startlingly youthful but he is able to successfully demonstrate maturity and majesty as Lee Yeong. His poise and understanding are in full display, especially in those moments when he is caught perilously in an inner crisis.

Lee Yeong is attracted to the beautiful eunuch, Hong Som-nom, and cares for him deeply, without knowing that the attendant is actually a girl in disguise. He desperately struggles against his emotions but accepts his own apparently dubious sexuality and doomed future, with a degree of calm and decisiveness that is both exciting and extraordinary.

The sheer courage of the king-to-be is beautiful to behold. So is Bo-gum‘s skill in turning a dicey character trait into a breathtakingly beautiful romantic possibility.

His sharp, clear, almost glass-like features add a certain brittleness to him… a vulnerability… as if he can shatter under all the burdens and yearnings. Bo-gum also possesses a palpable softness that does not quite go away, even when he’s displaying rage. This may be the reason why the prince comes across as precious, even someone to be protected. His emotions seem to spring from a place so deep, unfeigned and heartfelt, that he seems quite otherworldly. And, you cannot help but feel moved by him.

Therefore, when Bo-gum as the prince, draws upon some hidden source of  determination and fearlessness to fight battles and safeguard his lover… without a moment’s hesitation and despite having no hope of a happily ever after… it becomes an act of great poignancy and heroism.

Prince Lee Yeong decides to love the eunuch, albeit a most lovely one, even when he is not aware of his real identity, even when he knows that it would lead to heartbreak and loss. For a little while, he imagines Hong Sam-nom as the elusive female dancer who had made a deep impression on him. But, he recognises the fact that he will follow his heart, no matter where it may lead.

The moment, the prince realises that Hong Sam-nom is actually a girl, his stunningly expressive face reflects all his conflicted feelings… from bewilderment and wonder to acceptance and joy. It is wonderful to watch the young actor perform with just his eyes and face, without moving an inch.

Lee Yeong realises that the force of true love can make miracles happen. That faith grants him the greatest strength. He is determined to protect his love, the way he could not protect his mother perhaps. And you witness, a true coming of age… when a boy becomes a man, and a prince ascends a metaphorical throne.

The main plot of Love in the Moonlight is reminiscent of some of my favourite Shakespearean romantic comedies ever, like As you Like It and The Twelfth Night. In the latter play, Viola, a beautiful noblewoman, is forced to disguise herself as a young man, in order to escape certain unfortunate circumstances. She calls herself Cesario and serves the Duke of Illyria, Orsino, and falls desperately in love with him. Later, when her identity is revealed, Duke Orsino realises that Viola‘s professions of love and loyalty had a deeper meaning. Her love was not only for the master but also for the man. Orsino also realises why he had developed such a fondness for Cesario before. Because of course, she was a woman… and her beauty and femininity were discernible, despite the pretense.

It is fascinating to watch, therefore, a very similar tale unfold in Love in the Moonlight. The dreamy Kim Yoo-jung is Ra-on, the young girl, who pretends to be a boy. She ends up as the attendant of the crown prince, Lee Yeong, and after a series of twists and turns in the story, she is forced to face her own feelings for her master and lover. However, unlike in The Twelfth Night, the emphasis here is more on how Lee Yeong handles his growing attraction for the young page and his struggle to fight for his love in the middle of all the palace intrigues and the violence that threatens him. Ra-on like Viola has her own struggles but the stakes are much higher for the young prince.

I could comment on the subsidiary plots and supporting characters in Love in the Moonlight… how they are interesting and relevant and make the drama worth watching. I could single out Kwak Dong-yeon for special praise. He plays Byung-yeon, the prince’s confidant, guard, and closest friend…. and, deserves his own spin off, because of the fascinating way he portrays the utterly mysterious, noble and tough Byung-yeon. I could devote a few paragraphs to the beautiful background score that creates and enhances the mood perfectly. All that would, however, make my piece a bit more unwieldy.

Here, I want to restrict my thoughts to the beguiling main plot that uses Shakespeare’s favourite plot device. A girl masquerading as a woman to infiltrate a man’s world and manipulate her own future. Things do not go strictly according to Ra-on‘s plans, however, and she finds herself caught between love and self-preservation, longing and danger. Fortunately, her lover is not remotely as passive as Shakespeare’s Orlando or Orsino… 

Prince Lee Yeong, singlehandedly manages to manoeuvre many situations just to ensure that the charming, mischievous fellow, who has piqued his interest, will be employed close to him. He offers Sam-nom both friendship and protection. Despite his royal status, the prince never hesitates to display his gentle regard for the lowly eunuch and wins his trust. When he feels something deeper stirring in his heart for the doe-eyed Sam-nom, he does not back down. Instead, he attempts to pursue the truth in order to understand and delve into his own psyche… The prince valiantly scoffs at rumours pertaining to his sexuality and, even has the dauntlessness to admit that he wants Sam-nom and will claim him, no matter what the cost.

Later, when Lee Yeong discovers the true identity of his lover, he is over the moon with relief and joy but keeps her secret, waiting patiently for her to reveal herself. He only confesses his knowledge to Ra-on when he realises that his silence has caused her unhappiness. So, he tells her that he has only loved one person in his life and that the beautiful woman in front of him, is the one… and, promises her that he will treat her as the most precious person on earth, if only she allows him to do that.

Prince Lee Yeong whispers her name… Ra-onna, Ra-onna… over and over again, whenever he can find a few quiet moments with the angelic Ra-on…. as if he cannot quite comprehend his good fortune… as if he cannot believe that finally she is his to love and cherish.

The believability and allure of this romantic tale lies primarily with the two attractive and talented leads… Kim Yoo-jung and Park Bo-gum. Both bring a lot of vitality and beauty to the story and their chemistry is definitely winsome.

However, if there is one aspect that makes Love in the Moonlight unforgettable for me, it is the astonishingly gifted Park Bo-gum. He has the ability to alternate between an almost feminine gentleness and masculine assertiveness… He can portray a world of emotions through his expressive countenance alone. His eyes can emit light and earnestness, sorrow and adoration…. and, his bright, incandescent, child-like smile can draw you in and compel you to break into a smile as well. Park Bo-gum can make you believe in love and fairytales.

Thank you sooo much for bringing this article here.

I love the last sentence a lot!

Edited by serenilmauve
Don’t quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 2

K - netizens Come Up with Dream Sageuk Pairings that Will Break 10% Ratings and Milk the Tears

The Ji Soo debacle in River Where the Moon Rises has rekindled the gripe K - netz has with younger actor / actress casting in sageuk, which is held to a much  higher standard thanks to the record breaking ratings in the early Hallyu days for 50 - episode epics that required fortitude and intense acting prowess to create.

I thought Ji Soo's acting in River was better than I expected (lol I had bottom of the barrel expectations going in) but he's still not on par with what an actor with strong foundation can deliver.  

Even someone as young as Yeo Jin Gu playing a teen prince in The Moon Embracing the Sun shows that it's not age but ability, screen presence, and sageuk diction.  

A new post circulating among drama K - nets is a collection of 5 dream pairings complete with one sentence synopsis of dream actor / actress cast in a romance sageuk scenario.

These pairings K - netz guarantees would break 10% ratings AND milk everyone's blood, sweat, and tears.  When I read it I just went OMG totally!  Check it out below and chime in.  

IMG-20210314-112456.jpg

Duo-600-39528.jpg
IU-full-39512.jpg

ctto

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/03/12/k-netizens-come-up-with-dream-sageuk-pairings-that-will-break-10-ratings-and-milk-the-tears/

Spoiler

Edited by serenilmauve
Hide more than 3 images, videos, gifs in spoiler tags! Thanks!
  • Like 2

hi chinggus, a Bo Gum-IU pairing will be a dream come true for many Bo Gummers. In my previous posts, I asked who we want Bo Gum to be paired with and IU is one of the top choice (Park Bo Young is the other one) of those who responded. I hope this pairing becomes a reality soon. :hwaiting:

• Like 2

***  I had re-watched his last drama during my free time lately.  "Record of Youth" - The title is what the story is about. Like the title, this show is pretty much a record of a youth story. First episodes made me so happy with the cute interactions between the characters. The ending is ok- it’s just that I do wish for a better ending more so after seeing the shoes (they set it up to expect something!) I loved it, it’s a good drama. It is not a life changing experience but I enjoyed it. It’s enjoyable since there’s a sneak peek into celebrities’ lives. You could get to see the struggle behind fame and the entertainment industry. The drama is worth checking out for the way it highlights common occurrences in society today—such as Internet trolls. Acting is well done, cinematography is pretty, and the realism is very slice-of-life. The drama showcases that—regardless of social status — we all have our own respective issues and hardships. “Record of Youth” also highlights the importance of family and friends. Viewers can't help but go through emotional roller-coasters with Hye Joon. What happened in the finale? The way Hae Hyo told his mother about his enlisting for the military through a note was rather heartbreaking. On a more positive note, Hye Joon has signed a new four-year contract with Min Jae—including his two years in the military.  :Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, willenette said:

***  I had re-watched his last drama during my free time lately.  "Record of Youth" - The title is what the story is about. Like the title, this show is pretty much a record of a youth story. First episodes made me so happy with the cute interactions between the characters. The ending is ok- it’s just that I do wish for a better ending more so after seeing the shoes (they set it up to expect something!) I loved it, it’s a good drama. It is not a life changing experience but I enjoyed it. It’s enjoyable since there’s a sneak peek into celebrities’ lives. You could get to see the struggle behind fame and the entertainment industry. The drama is worth checking out for the way it highlights common occurrences in society today—such as Internet trolls. Acting is well done, cinematography is pretty, and the realism is very slice-of-life. The drama showcases that—regardless of social status — we all have our own respective issues and hardships. “Record of Youth” also highlights the importance of family and friends. Viewers can't help but go through emotional roller-coasters with Hye Joon. What happened in the finale? The way Hae Hyo told his mother about his enlisting for the military through a note was rather heartbreaking. On a more positive note, Hye Joon has signed a new four-year contract with Min Jae—including his two years in the military.  :Twerkdatbutt:

I am rewatching it, too ^^

For me, in the end, my favourite is the friendship between Hye Jun, Hae Hyo, and Jin U. Their bond is just so lovely!

By the way, CBI Indonesia finally revealed the date for SeoBok premiere!

So glad and relieve! Can't wait for April 15th!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, U-Çan said:

I am rewatching it, too ^^

For me, in the end, my favourite is the friendship between Hye Jun, Hae Hyo, and Jin U. Their bond is just so lovely!

By the way, CBI Indonesia finally revealed the date for SeoBok premiere!

So glad and relieve! Can't wait for April 15th!

@U-Çan, ohh....I'm happy for you that you could get to see him on your big screen. So, that will be next month.  :Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Good News for Binge-Watchers: K-Dramas with More Than 1 Season

Korean dramas always end too soon, leaving fans wanting to see more twists and turn with their favorite characters.

Luckily, these dramas have more than 1 season and can take you deeper into their complex stories.

1615773356206-Reply.jpgImage Source: tvN

The 'Reply' series is loved for its unique concept and light-hearted feel. Each of the 3 seasons follows a group of people whose lives are explained by changing between the present year and one from the past. The 3 seasons are called 'Reply 1997,' 'Reply 1994,' and 'Reply 1988.'

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kstarlive

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/03/16/good-news-for-binge-watchers-these-k-dramas-have-more-than-1-season-390324

• Like 4