Anna Kendrick: 'Cinderella is complicated in Into the Woods'

sugarplum892

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Anna Kendrick: 'Cinderella is complicated in Into the Woods'Anna Kendrick has discussed playing Cinderella in Into the Woods, describing the character as "complicated".
Also starring Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp and Chris Pine, the Disney musical is adapted from Stephen Sondheim's stage musical of the same name and is directed by Chicago's Rob Marshall.
Anna Kendrick in Marie Claire

Kendrick told Marie Claire that the Cinderella she portrays in the film is different to "most versions" of the character.
"The character is thoughtful and complicated," she explained. "You see what happens after she marries the prince, when you start to face problems in seemingly perfect situations.
"The interesting thing about her is she overthinks things. She's uncertain. We don't see that in most versions.

Anna Kendrick as Cinderella in Into The Woods

"In a lot of ways, I think it's this incredibly brave story. She's neglected and abused her entire life. She finally gets love, and it's not the kind of love she was looking for. And she stands up for herself."
Kendrick also shared her decision to take a short break from shooting movies.
"The whole going-movie-to-movie-to-movie thing, I've been living that way for three years," she said. "I need to be a person and maintain relationships."

Anna Kendrick in Marie Claire

Source

Archived