Ruco Chan's driving license temporarily suspended

sugarplum892

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ruco Chan's driving license temporarily suspendedRuco Chan's driving license temporarily suspended

6 Nov – TVB actor Ruco Chan's driving license has been suspended after he was found guilty of reckless driving.

According to Oriental Daily, previously, the actor was caught speeding at 90 km/h at an area with 50 km/h limit in Tseung Kwan O by hidden traffic cameras.

The actor, who was summoned to court for the hearing on 5 November, was slapped with HKD15,000 fine (USD 1,935), and suspended from driving for six months, despite the fact that he had no previous convictions.

Asked to comment about the issue, Ruco said, "I have been driving on this road every single day for years now. Never once have I been caught on camera. But that night, I had to rush to work and this happened."

"I will remember about the speeding cameras from now on," said the actor.

Asked how he will be travelling to work for the next six months, Ruco said that he has considered hiring a chauffeur before, but may find other methods in order to save money.

However, Ruco is not worried about commuting as much, since he has no other filming projects for the time being aside from "Captain of Destiny".

Source

Ruco Chan disqualified from driving for 6 months and fined $1,500 for speeding

Wednesday November 5, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: The Standard
Image: On.cc
Edited by R.E.D

1105-00470-016b1.jpg

Ruco Chan Chin-pang was disqualified from driving for six months and fined HK$1,500 at Kowloon City Magistrates' Court for speeding. Chan was caught doing 97 kilometers an hour in a 50kph zone on Wan Po Road, Tseung Kwan O, in August. He did not show up to court yesterday because he was said to be too busy filming.

Chan pleaded guilty to special magistrate Leung Ka-kie through his defense lawyer, Gary Chu. In mitigation, Chu said this was the first traffic violation to be committed by the 37-year-old actor since getting his driving license at 18. Furthermore, there were no injuries arising from his actions. Chu asked for leniency because Chan often has to take his mother to the doctor and regularly drive to outdoor filming. Leung decided to ban Chan six months from driving, impose a HK$1,500 fine and order him to attend driving improvement courses.

Chan, whose father was a firefighter, is an actor, singer and presenter who has been in the entertainment business since 1994 after graduating from the TVB Artiste Training Class. In 2011, he gained recognition and critical acclaim for his role as a barrister in the legal drama The Other Truth. He was recently named My Favourite TVB Actor at the StarHub TVB Awards 2014 in Singapore. Before becoming an actor, he was a member of the Hong Kong table tennis team, and the youngest athlete to represent the territory at the time.

Archived