UPDATED-Benedict Cumberbatch, Sophie Hunter marry in private ceremony

sugarplum892

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Benedict Cumberbatch engagement announced in newspaper marriage noticesBenedict Cumberbatch's engagement to girlfriend Sophie Hunter has been announced.
A forthcoming marriage notice on page 57 of today's edition of The Times revealed the news, with an image of the announcement soon being shared among fans on Twitter.
View image on Twitter

The notice reads: "The engagement is announced between Benedict, son of Wanda and Timothy Cumberbatch of London, and Sophie, daughter of Katharine Hunter of Edinburgh and Charles Hunter of London."
"I am delighted to confirm this morning's announcement that Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are engaged," a spokesperson for the Sherlock and Imitation Game actor said on Wednesday morning (November 5).Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter at the French Open

Cumberbatch and Hunter were first linked in September, having been photographed attending the French Open together over the summer.
The couple starred alongside each other in 2009 film Burlesque Fairytales, while Hunter has numerous other acting credits alongside her work as a director.
Cumberbatch's parents Timothy Carlton and Wanda Ventham appeared in the third series of BBC drama Sherlock, where they played the detective's father and mother.
Source

• 2 months later...

class="headline" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1420658412210_491" style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 35px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 42px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-right: 40px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Benedict Cumberbatch's Fiancee Sophie Hunter Pregnant, Couple Expecting First Child1420596245_sophie-hunter-benedict-cumber

And then comes baby! Benedict Cumberbatch and his fiancée Sophie Hunter are expecting their first child together, his rep confirms to Us Weekly.
"I am delighted to confirm that Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are expecting their first child," the rep tells Us. "They are both over the moon."
The news comes just two months after the Sherlock Holmes actor announced he was engaged to Hunter, 36, in The Times of London. "Mr B.T. Cumberbatch and Miss S.I. Hunter," their announcement began under the heading “Forthcoming Marriages.” "The engagement is announced between Benedict, son of Wanda and Timothy Cumberbatch of London, and Sophie, daughter of Katharine Hunter of Edinburgh and Charles Hunter of London."

Following their old-fashioned announcement, the handsome star told Us Weekly at an event in November he doesn’t plan to make a big fuss out of his wedding. “I think I’ll be having a very private wedding,” the 38-year-old The Imitation Game actor said.
The Hobbit actor has been vocal in the past about becoming a dad. In a 2013 interview with Elle Japan he gushed: "It is a wonderful thing to get married young and become a father."
This will be the first child and marriage for the star. Benedict previously dated his college girlfriend and actress Olivia Poulet for 12 years until calling it quits in 2011. Following their split, he dated artist Anna James until 2012.

Source

• 1 month later...

class="headline" itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; letter-spacing: -1px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Benedict Cumberbatch, Sophie Hunter marry in private ceremonyBenedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are married.
Sherlock star Cumberbatch and Samuel Beckett award-winning theatre director Hunter tied the knot in a private ceremony on the Isle of Wight on Valentine's Day (Saturday, February 14).
EE British Academy Film Awards 2015, Sophie Hunter and Benedict Cumberbatch

Family and friends attended this afternoon's ceremony, with Cumberbatch's Sherlock co-stars Martin Freeman and Andrew Scott, plus Avengers actor Tom Hiddleston, reported to be among the guests.
Cumberbatch and Hunter, who are expecting a baby together later this year, starred alongside each other in the 2009 film Burlesque Fairytales.
They were first linked romantically in September 2014, and had also been photographed together at the French Open last summer.A photo of the the forthcoming marriages section of The Times newspaper which features an announcement that screen star Benedict Cumberbatch has become engaged to Sophie Hunter

Cumberbatch and Hunter's engagement made headlines around the globe when it was revealed via the social section of The Times on November 5.
When asked by US media why they had chosen to announce their marriage plans in a newspaper, Cumberbatch explained: "It's what I would have done if I wasn't famous. It's a normal thing to do in my country. 
"It was a way of telling our friends who we hadn't been able to tell before [they saw] some grainy shot of a ring on her finger."
Source

Archived