pechumori

The Liar and His Lover/Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru/カノジョは嘘を愛しすぎてる

148749_1460052147604835_4965033374429506

• Movie: The Liar and His Lover (English title) / The Girl Who Loved Lies (literal title)
  • Romaji: Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru
  • Japanese: カノジョは嘘を愛しすぎてる
  • Director: Norihiro Koizumi
  • Writer: Kotomi Aoki (manga), Tomoko Yoshida, Norihiro Koizumi
  • Producer: Takashi Ishihara, Tatsuro Hatanaka, Shinichiro Tsuzuki, Minami Ichikawa, Takaaki Kada, Ken Tsuchiya, Kazuyoshi Ishida
  • Cinematographer: Hiro Yanagida
  • Release Date: December 14, 2013
  • Production Company: Fuji TV
  • Distributor: Toho
  • Genre: Romance
  • Runtime: December, 2013
  • Language: Japanese

Plot

Set within music field, "Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru" depicts a love story between a 25-year-old sound engineer and 16-year-old high school student Riko, who posessess a gifted voice.

25-year-old sound engineer Aki (Takeru Sato) is a member of popular band "Crude Play," but right after the band decides to make their major record debut Aki quits the band. But, Aki provides his music to Crude Play under the name of producer Soichiro. Aki begins to date Riko (Sakurako Ohara), whose father runs a fruit and vegetable shop. Riko doesn't know about Aki's background, but she likes to listen to him hum. Riko is in a band herself, with childhood friend Yuichi and Sota. One day she is scouted by producer Soichiro.

Notes

1. Based on manga "Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru" by Kotomi Aoki (first published May, 2009 by Cheese! magazine).

Cast

10731030_1493983850878331_42252430080521

Additional Cast Members:
Ryuto - Aki Ogasawara (child)

credit: Asianwiki
photo credit: reviewasianmovies

Facebook Page: The Liar and His Lover カノジョは嘘を愛しすぎてる

Trailers

video credit:フジテレビ番組動画

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Profile of the lead actor

Takeru Sato as Aki Ogasawara the 25-year-old music composer of the band, Crude Play

• Name: Takeru Sato
  • Japanese: 佐藤健 (さとう たけ)
  • Birthdate: March 21,1989
  • Birthplace: Saitama Prefecture, Japan
  • Height: 170cm
  • Blood Type: A

Movies

Drama Series

TV Movies

Awards

Profile of the lead actress

Sakurako Ohara as Riko Koeda

the 16-year-old high school student with a gifted voice

• Name: Sakurako Ohara
  • Japanese: 大原櫻子 (おおはら さくらこ)
  • Born: January 10, 1996
  • Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
  • Height: 158 cm.
  • Blood Type: A

Movies

Drama Series

Sato Takeru Takes a Break From Being Kenshin and Does Romance J-Movie The Liar and His Lover Posted on February 16, 2014 by ockoala

hskd.jpg

(excerpt)

I’m a casual fan of J-movies which are usually hit and miss for me. I do like their penchant for adapting mangas into movies as well instead of sticking with the longer dorama format. I’ve been keeping an eye out for this movie since it was announced last year but the holiday crush late last year let this one slip by until now. The J-movie The Liar and His Lover starring Sato Takeru and Ohara Sakurako was released last December and did relatively well at the box office. It’s based on the award-winning shoujo manga Kanojo Wa Uso Wo Aishisugiteru カノジョは嘘を愛しすぎてる which translates to The Girl Who Loved Lies. The manga is by famed shoujo manga writer Aoki Kotomi (青木琴美) I’ve heard good things about The Liar and his Lover, a love story between a 25 year old sound engineer with a band called Crude Play and a 16 year old high school student and aspiring singer. This movie trailer looks so good I’m all excited now.

hskd1.jpg

hskd2.jpg

credit: koalasplayground

Whhaaattt? There's a movie of this awesome manga??? Really.Oh no. I can't wait to see it. Hope it will be as awesome as the manga!Is this out on DVD though?

Here's a manga thread I made for this series http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2022247/girlfriend-i-lied-about-loving-you-kanojo-wa-uso-o-aishisugiteru

13infamyss said: Whhaaattt? There's a movie of this awesome manga??? Really.Oh no. I can't wait to see it. Hope it will be as awesome as the manga!Is this out on DVD though?

Here's a manga thread I made for this series http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2022247/girlfriend-i-lied-about-loving-you-kanojo-wa-uso-o-aishisugiteru

Live-action adaptation of Kotomi Aoki’s “Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru” announced

By kevin on March 25, 2012

kanojo-wa-uso-wo-aishisugiteiru-manga.jp

It’s been announced that a live-action movie adaptation of Kotomi Aoki’s Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru manga will soon go into production under Fuji TV and the lead role of Riko will be cast through a general audition.

Previous live-action adaptations of Aoki’s work include Hiroshi Ando’s My Sister, My Love (2007) and Takehiko Shinjo’s I Give My First Love to You (2009).

To date, 8 volumes of the story have been published in Shogakukan’s shojo manga magazine “Cheese!” since May 2009. It’s set within the music industry and features a 16-year-old female high school student named Riko who becomes romantically involved with a popular 25-year-old music producer.

From now until June 30, the production will be recruiting amateur and professional actresses over the age of 13 to audition for the role of Riko. Applicants will be required to record themselves singing two songs and submit them to qualify for the audition.

The film’s director, Norihiro Koizumi, tried to encourage young actresses to participate by flatly stating the film’s success hinges on casting the right girl to play Riko. Koizumi made his feature-length debut at the age of 25 by directing Midnight Sun (2006), which starred singer-songwriter Yui in her first acting role.

An official website for the movie has already been set up along with a web form for actresses to submit applications, head shots, and audio files.

“Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru” will be released in Japan sometime in 2013.

Source: Cinema Today

credit: eigapedia

Takeru Satoh and newcomer Sakurako Ohara to star in live-action “Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru”

By kevin on March 06, 2013

aishisugiteru-takeru.jpg

Today it was announced that Takeru Satoh will star as a 25-year-old music producer in Norihiro Koizumi’s upcoming live-action movie adaptation of Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru. Additionally, Sakurako Ohara (17) was hand-picked from over 5,000 applicants to play the female lead, Riko.

Kotomi Aoki’s original manga, which has reached a total circulation of over 2.7 million copies to date, tells the story of a highly successful, yet reclusive music composer named Aki Ogasawara who becomes involved in a relationship with a 16-year-old fan on a whim while lying about his true identity. Eventually she gets recruited into the music industry herself, causing additional complications. Meanwhile, the film will convey the troubles that arise among creative people in the music industry and offer an unique perspective on the business side of things.

Satoh previously played guitar in Yukihiko Tsutsumi’s 2010 band-themed film BECK. This time around he’ll be in scenes requiring him to play bass and realistically depict the process of composing music.

Ohara won the role of Riko by participating in last year’s audition process, which involved submitting two pieces of original music in order to qualify. She was eventually selected by both Koizumi and the film’s music producer Seiji Kameda, former bassist of the band Tokyo Jihen.

She originally heard about the audition from a high school friend who thought she’d be perfect for the role. Althrough Ohara has almost no acting experience to speak of, she reportedly has an exceptional singing voice honed through years of classical music education, earning her high praise from the people involved in the film. Satoh claims to have gotten goosebumps the first time he heard her voice and Aoki said she knew it would be Ohara as soon as she heard her even though there were a lot of auditions left to get through at the time.

Although excited for the opportunity, Ohara admits she’s extremely nervous about working with Takeru Sato, who she had only seen on TV. She also has very little experience being on camera, but vowed to do her best.

“Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru” will be released in Japan in December 2013.

Source: Eiga.com

credit: eigapedia

More cast announced for live-action “Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru”

By kevin on April 24, 2013

kanouso64_large.jpg

On Wednesday, the final major casting decision was revealed for Norihiro Koizumi’s upcoming live-action film adaptation of Kotomi Aoki’s popular manga Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru.

It was previously announced that rookie actress Sakurako Ohara had been hand-picked from 5,000 applicants to play lead character Riko, a 17-year-old high school girl who unknowingly meets and falls for the aloof 25-year-old music composer of her favorite band, Crude Play. Takeru Satoh ((Rurouni Kenshin, Kamen Rider Den-O) will play the composer, Aki Ogasawara, who starts dating Riko on a whim before truly getting over his ex.

The newly-announced cast members are Ryo Yoshizawa (Kamen Rider Fourze) and Yuki Morinaga, who play Riko’s childhood friends Yuichi Kimijima and Sota Yamazaki. The boys are also members of Riko’s amateur rock band “Mush & Co.” which is named for her distinctive mushroom-shaped hairstyle.

Additional cast members include Saki Aibu (Death Game Park, Zettai Kareshi) as Aki’s ex Mari, Takashi Sorimachi (1998 GTO live action) as rival music producer Soichiro Takagi, and Mitsuki Tanimura (Yae no Sakura) as Takagi’s assistant. The members of Crude Play will be played by Shohei Miura (Saki, Gokusen 3 SP), Masataka Kubota (Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou), Kouki Mizuta, and Kodai Asaka (Hana Kimi 2011).

Directed by Norihiro Koizumi (Flowers), with screenplay by Tomoko Yoshida (Bokura ga Ita), Filming of “Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru” will begin in mid-May. A nation-wide release in Japan is slated for December 2013. Seiji Kameda (Eureka Seven, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) will produce the music.

Source: Eiga.com

credit: eigapedia and jefusion

Read "The Liar and His Lover Press Notes" from ScifiJapan

Cast members playing "CRUDE PLAY" in upcoming "Kano-Uso" movie revealed

March 28, 2013

2013327_CRUDEPLAY-600x960.jpg

As reported earlier, Aoki Kotomi's popular manga "Kanojo wa Uso wo Aishisugiteru" is getting a live-action movie adaptation starring Sato Takeru, and recently, cast members who will play the members of "CRUDE PLAY", the band within the story, have been revealed.

"Kanojo wa Uso wo Aishisugiteru" is a love story between a genius music creator named “Ogasawara Aki” (played by Sato) and a regular high school girl named “Koeda Riko” (played by Ohara Sakurako). In the story, "CRUDE PLAY" is described as a popular 4-member male band. All the members are good looking, and they always top the charts, and sell out tickets for their live concert at Tokyo Dome in 2 minutes.

The members of "CRUDE PLAY" will be played by Miura Shohei (as the vocalist & guitarist "Sakaguchi Shun"), Kubota Masataka (as the bassist "Shinohara Shinya"), Mizuta Kouki (as the guitarist "Ohno Kaoru"), and Asaka Kodai (as the drummer "Yazaki Teppei").

Reportedly, these four will show their actual performance in the movie, and "CRUDE PLAY"s songs will be produced by Kameda Seiji who was a member of Tokyo Jihen, and is also serving as the music producer for the movie.

Miura showed his ambition saying, "We would like to aim for CD debut, an appearance on Kohaku Uta Gassen, and even advancing overseas as CRUDE PLAY."

Live-action movie "Kanojo wa Uso wo Aishisugiteru" is scheduled to be released in December of this year.

Source & Image: Cinematoday
credit: tokyohive

id="page_header"Kenshin's Satoh Stars in Kano-Uso Shōjo Manga's Film

2013-03-06

Live-action film based on Kotomi Aoki's manga to open in December

aishisugiteru-takeru.jpg

The two lead roles and the main staff for the live-action adaptation of Kotomi Aoki's Kanojo wa Uso o Ai Shisugiteru manga were announced on Thursday. Takeru Satoh, who played Kenshin Himura in the live-action adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin, will play the male lead Aki Ogasawara. Sakurako Ōhara, a 17-year-old high school student who was chosen from an open audition with more than 5,000 applicants, will play the female lead Riko Koeda.

Norihiro Koizumi (Flowers) will direct the film and Tomoko Yoshida (Bokura ga Ita) will write the screenplay. Seiji Kameda (Eureka Seven, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Inuyasha theme song arranger) will produce the music.

Filming is planned to run from March to May, and the film will open in December.

The story centers around Aki Ogasawara, a "sound creator" who composes for the popular band Crude Play and earns more than 100 million yen (about US$1.3 million) a year. Despite this, he conceals all of this and calls himself a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training). Seeking a life outside of music, he begins seeing a high school girl named Riko Koeda. However, what Aki does not know is that Riko is actually a huge fan of Aki's music. Even with his girlfriend, Aki cannot escape the world of music.

Aoki launched the manga in Cheese! magazine in 2009, and Shogakukan is publishing the manga's eleventh compiled book volume this month.

Source: Comic Natalie

credit:  animenewsnetwork

hskd2.jpg

A melody that led to lies.
A song that led to love.

From Kotomi Aoki's bestselling manga series "Kanojo Wa Uso Wo Aishisugiteru"

The Liar and His Lover

At the beginning, I had no feelings for her whatsoever.
It was all lies.
But even if I was a habitual liar, she said I was an “honest person.”
She smiles and pretends that she doesn't notice.
I never stood a chance.

Two of Kotomi Aoki’s best-selling comics “Boku wa Imouto ni Koi o Suru” (I’m In Love With My Sister) and “Boku No Hatsukoi o Kimi Ni Sasagu” (I Give My First Love To You) have been adapted to film. Now, her new manga series “Kanojo Wa Uso Wo Aishisugiteru” (The Girl Who Loved Lies) which has already sold over 2.9 million copies (11 volumes to date) is also slated for the big screen. The protagonist, Aki Ogasawara, will be played by one of Japan’s leading drama and film talents, Takeru Sato. This will be his first love story. Members of Aki’s popular band, CRUDE PLAY, include up and coming stars such as Shohei Miura. The heroine, Riko Koeda will be played by Sakurako Ohara, a fresh, new talent who was selected from an audition pool of over 5,000
The director of the film is Norihiro Koizimi, who also directed “Taiyo No Uta” (Song of the Sun), a heartrending love story in which Koizumi cast the new vocal sensation YUI in the leading role. Koizumi moved audiences with a climactic singing scene featuring YUI. The musical numbers in “Kanojo Wa Uso Wo Aishisugiteru” were produced by Seiji Kameda, ex-bassist of the band Tokyo Jihen. The collaborative efforts of this dynamic cast and crew will bring the ultimate love story to life.
Their love song will give you the courage to fall in love…

Story

Aki Ogasawara is the creative talent behind the popular band “CRUDE PLAY.”He quit the band just before their debut, but continues to write their music. But lately, he’s been disenchanted with the music business and bored with himself. On a whim, he starts up a conversation with a total stranger, Riko Koeda, a high school student and a die-hard CRUDE PLAY fan. “Do you believe in love at first sight?” With no idea who he really is, Riko falls in love with Aki and his song. Aki begins dating Riko but keeps his CRUDE PLAY identity a secret… But everything changes when, by sheer coincidence, Soichiro Takagi, producer of CRUDE PLAY and female pop diva Mari, discovers Riko and her schoolmates Yuichi Kimijima and Sota Yamazaki playing music on the street, and decides to promote them as a new indie band “MUSH & CO.”
Riko is a rare, gifted singer with a voice unlike any other.
Will Aki and Riko’s romance stand a chance in the glamorous world of music?

Directed by Norihiro Koizumi | Cast: Takeru Sato, Sakurako Ohara, Shohei Miura
December 14, 2013 | http://kanouso-movie.com/
credit: pony canyon inc.

Takashi Sorimachi, Saki Aibu, Tanimura Mitsuki will also appear in "Kanouso"
April 12, 2013

10805752_668293559957122_440659428481893

Sorimachi will play the business like, talented music producer, Takagi Soichiro. Saki Aibu will play the charismatic diva, Mari and Tanimura Mitsuki's role will be Miwako Nagahama, a staff of the record company that acts as the right arm of Takagi.

credit: natalie
The Liar and His Lover カノジョは嘘を愛しすぎてる

Profile of the Supporting Cast

id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading"Shohei Miura as Shun Sakaguchi (the lead singer of the band Crude Play)

14585_669117613208050_268313149084845497

• Name Shohei Miura
  • Japanese: 三浦翔平 (みうら しょうへい)
  • Birthdate: June 3, 1988
  • Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
  • Height: 180 cm.
  • Blood Type:

Movies

Television

Drama Series

TV Movies

Awards

id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading"Masataka Kubota as Shinya Shinohara(a member of the band, Crude Play)

10687220_669126083207203_518663193798919

• Name: Masataka Kubota
  • Japanese: 窪田正孝 (くぼた まさたか)
  • Birthdate: August 6, 1988
  • Birthplace: Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
  • Height: 175 cm.
  • Blood Type: B
  • Talent Agency: Stardust Promotion

Movies

Drama Series

TV Movies