Ellie Goulding on new album: 'I'm excited about the direction'

sugarplum892

Ellie Goulding on new album: 'I'm excited about the direction'
Ellie Goulding has revealed that she is excited about the direction of her next album.
The singer-songwriter has started work on her third studio album, which will serve as the follow-up to 2012's Halcyon.Ellie Goulding press shot 2014.

Asked during a Q&A at the Bacardi Triangle music event in Puerto Rico where she is heading next with her music, Goulding told Digital Spy and other journalists: "It's kind of hard to tell at the moment. I've done a few songs that I'm really, really happy with. 
"I kind of don't want to give it away so soon! I feel like if I start talking about it now, I'll put it in my own head and it'll affect the process.
"I'm excited about the direction. I think it's easy to do something new and crazy, but I don't really overthink it when I get in the studio. I start a lot of stuff on guitar and I always have someone who plays piano with me.

"I have such an affinity with electronic music, classical music and folk music that so much stuff comes into it. All I'd like to say really is that I'm really happy and excited about the direction."
Goulding will play the Bacardi Triangle music event in Puerto Rico tomorrow night (November 1) alongside Clavin Harris and Kendrick Lamar.
The alcohol brand has taken 1,862 guests to Puerto Rico for a special music event, which will see them travel to a private island in the Bermuda Triangle for the show.
Source

Archived